Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leonardo Ulloa 12:19 - Jul 27 with 8806 viewshughesy2013

Why on earth are the swans going in for that striker....sky sports just confirmed we have made a bid for the striker hardly scores any goals and is 30 years old!..... with this ambition swans are going down this year!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 12:21]
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:26 - Jul 27 with 2049 viewsmagicdaps10

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:19 - Jul 27 by MagicDaps

Who would you be happy with us bringing in to lead the line then this season?

Sebastian Haller
Borja Baston
Mario Gomez
Wilf
Moussa Konate
Andrea Belloti
Davie Selke

Too name but a few.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:30 - Jul 27 with 2017 viewsmonmouth

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:14 - Jul 27 by magicdaps10

Totally underwhelming signing, even worse if he is coming in as our no 1 striker.

Think it would be a desperation signing and at 30yrs old would cost around 8M............come on guys!

I suspect, if he stays, Ayew is our number one striker.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:33 - Jul 27 with 1995 viewstomdickharry

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:26 - Jul 27 by magicdaps10

Sebastian Haller
Borja Baston
Mario Gomez
Wilf
Moussa Konate
Andrea Belloti
Davie Selke

Too name but a few.

Add Mitrovic,he would cost but a great investment.
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:37 - Jul 27 with 1965 viewsTheKirkyLife

Can never please some Swans fans can you?

Great guy, underused proven goal scorer last year, perfect target man. I'd be happy with him as number 2 or number 1 if need be.
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:38 - Jul 27 with 1956 viewsSheffieldjack

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:06 - Jul 27 by Far_Post

Ulloa would certainly be an upgrade on Gomis in my opinion. It would give Gylfi a target in the penalty area as well for balls into the box.

No objections to this happening.

It would be hard to think of any regular premier league striker who would not be an upgrade on Gomis.
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:39 - Jul 27 with 1949 viewsLandore_Jack

Questions need to be asked about our recruitment system. Not good enough!

It failed last season and looks to be failing now.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 13:45]

#backtojack

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:39 - Jul 27 with 1941 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:38 - Jul 27 by Sheffieldjack

It would be hard to think of any regular premier league striker who would not be an upgrade on Gomis.

Aiden Newhouse wouldn't be far off...
Leonardo Ulloa on 13:42 - Jul 27 with 1919 viewsSheffieldjack

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:39 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Aiden Newhouse wouldn't be far off...

I did say "regular"!
Login to get fewer ads

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:43 - Jul 27 with 1894 viewsMagicDaps

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:39 - Jul 27 by Landore_Jack

Questions need to be asked about our recruitment system. Not good enough!

It failed last season and looks to be failing now.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 13:45]

Last season even though we made two poor signings, on the whole we did good business. We spent £9 million and Ayew's signing on fee, for £20-30 million plus worth of players. Not quite a disaster.

We've signed three senior players., and Jenkins has said were targeting three more.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

(No subject) on 13:47 - Jul 27 with 1868 viewsLandore_Jack

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:43 - Jul 27 by MagicDaps

Last season even though we made two poor signings, on the whole we did good business. We spent £9 million and Ayew's signing on fee, for £20-30 million plus worth of players. Not quite a disaster.

We've signed three senior players., and Jenkins has said were targeting three more.

Three disastrous signings:

Paloschi
Tabanou
Eder
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 13:49]

#backtojack

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:50 - Jul 27 with 1838 viewshammy

What the addition of another PL winner from last year to our squad ? Would do just fine for us.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

(No subject) on 13:51 - Jul 27 with 1822 viewsMagicDaps

(No subject) on 13:47 - Jul 27 by Landore_Jack

Three disastrous signings:

Paloschi
Tabanou
Eder
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 13:49]

Forgot about Paloschi. We lost £4.5 million combined on him and Eder, we'd be lucky to recoup much for Tabanou. Even then though, still all the fees associated with those signings will have been offset and more by the signing of Ayew who in this day and age is a £25 million player.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 1807 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:43 - Jul 27 by MagicDaps

One of the "three more" was Joe Allen according to Jenkins.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:56 - Jul 27 with 1776 viewsraynor94

Leonardo Ulloa on 13:50 - Jul 27 by hammy

What the addition of another PL winner from last year to our squad ? Would do just fine for us.

Exactly, far to many on here have been spoilt, I think he will be an excellent addition, now for the other two

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leonardo Ulloa on 14:09 - Jul 27 with 1688 viewsAnotherJohn

This would be an abysmal signing. I felt worried about the striking situation this time last season, but things really look black if this is the height of our ambition. I suppose there is still time for Huw to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Leonardo Ulloa on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 1647 viewsastonian_the_jack

£15m for a 30 year old that from memory has only ever scored against us. What a stupid signing he would be and what a waste of money

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36902699
Leonardo Ulloa on 14:18 - Jul 27 with 1612 viewsmagicdaps10

Leonardo Ulloa on 14:11 - Jul 27 by astonian_the_jack

£15m for a 30 year old that from memory has only ever scored against us. What a stupid signing he would be and what a waste of money

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36902699

15M!!!!!!!!!!

Its is not going to happen for that fee.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leonardo Ulloa on 14:42 - Jul 27 with 1474 viewscostalotta

Leonardo Ulloa on 12:26 - Jul 27 by DafyddHuw

He'd be an excellent additrion to the squad.

He'd be an addition for sure but certainly not an excellent addition. His goal scoring record is simply not good enough. I know he wasn't first choice last season and vardtpy and Okazaki were on fire but 6 from 29 games... There is better out there that we should be looking at and hopefully we are. If he's going to be our main man and with the possibility of siggy and ayew going That will be the type of return that will get you relegated...

This smells like a Huw scouting and transfer. I wish he'd leave this part of the business alone.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 14:46]
Leonardo Ulloa on 14:49 - Jul 27 with 1424 viewsadamswan

There's a lot to feel positive about if this goes through.
All of us hope we sign another striker as the main man, but if we don't, considering what's available on the market without paying frankly disgusting money, we could do a lot worse than Ulloa. And if he is our back up as such, he is in a completely different league to what we've been lumped within the past. I think he's the right mentality for a good fit down here too.
Leonardo Ulloa on 14:52 - Jul 27 with 1401 viewscostalotta

Leonardo Ulloa on 14:49 - Jul 27 by adamswan

There's a lot to feel positive about if this goes through.
All of us hope we sign another striker as the main man, but if we don't, considering what's available on the market without paying frankly disgusting money, we could do a lot worse than Ulloa. And if he is our back up as such, he is in a completely different league to what we've been lumped within the past. I think he's the right mentality for a good fit down here too.

Blimey... Ulloa leading our line makes you feel positive? As for the market... It is what it is and the market decides what players are worth not you, me and certainly not Huw. Being prepared to pay market prices is of course a different matter but if you don't you will get left behind in this league.
Leonardo Ulloa on 14:58 - Jul 27 with 1357 viewsveng9

Leonardo Ulloa on 14:42 - Jul 27 by costalotta

He'd be an addition for sure but certainly not an excellent addition. His goal scoring record is simply not good enough. I know he wasn't first choice last season and vardtpy and Okazaki were on fire but 6 from 29 games... There is better out there that we should be looking at and hopefully we are. If he's going to be our main man and with the possibility of siggy and ayew going That will be the type of return that will get you relegated...

This smells like a Huw scouting and transfer. I wish he'd leave this part of the business alone.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 14:46]

It's not 6 in 29 games. He played 970 minutes last season which is worth about 10 full 90 minute games.
Leonardo Ulloa on 14:58 - Jul 27 with 1355 viewsadamswan

Leonardo Ulloa on 14:52 - Jul 27 by costalotta

Blimey... Ulloa leading our line makes you feel positive? As for the market... It is what it is and the market decides what players are worth not you, me and certainly not Huw. Being prepared to pay market prices is of course a different matter but if you don't you will get left behind in this league.

absolutely, I think he's a very decent player. Of course I would want another striker, but I've accepted we are not going to be spending the 20m plus that's needed to buy the type of striker we all want. These new owners are not investors, they do not have the money.
Leonardo Ulloa on 15:22 - Jul 27 with 1193 viewsSwansea93

He won't come here to be 2nd choice aint that why he wants to leave Leicester.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Leonardo Ulloa on 15:28 - Jul 27 with 1140 viewsherbie

People commenting on the link to Ulloa and slagging him off need to look a little deeper. I am not sure if he is someone who are looking to sign, but if so he has decent attributes.

He is pretty strong and also makes a good defensive contribution on corners and likes a tackle.He is strong in the air so would be useful getting on the end of balls from our wide players, and his hold up play is very good so would buy time for our midfield runners to get forward. He is also a decent passer of the ball.

People talk of his goal scoring record last season but he hardly played due to the form of Vardy. Over his career he is a 1 in 3 scorer. The prior season he scored 13 from 40 games of which he started 31. Pretty decent.

Don't wriote him off as a decent option. Only downside is lack of sell on value but if he can get goals for us for the next 2 or 3 seasons and we get him for a decent price he will be a good buy.
Leonardo Ulloa on 15:34 - Jul 27 with 1096 viewsnyc_swans

To be fair, it the media have only suggested that swans have "enquired" on Ulloa. let's not lose out heads. they have probably enquired on a handful of strikers. when we start hearing about bids being rejected/accepted then we can start the melodrama.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024