Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leonardo Ulloa 12:19 - Jul 27 with 8882 viewshughesy2013

Why on earth are the swans going in for that striker....sky sports just confirmed we have made a bid for the striker hardly scores any goals and is 30 years old!..... with this ambition swans are going down this year!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 12:21]
Leonardo Ulloa on 18:30 - Jul 27 with 1310 viewsmonmouth

Leonardo Ulloa on 17:37 - Jul 27 by longlostjack

Didn't Huw make comments after signing him that that was an exception and we shouldn't get used to that type of signing. I don't recall his exact words but at the time I remember thinking it would add to the pressure on Bony.

He heavily implied, if not stated at one stage, if I remember right, that we would never spend that sort of money on a player again.

(Maybe not the exact words!)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leonardo Ulloa on 18:32 - Jul 27 with 1303 viewsThornburyswan

Leonardo Ulloa on 18:22 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

I was using him as an exception to the rule I'd just stated of it being hard to get players back from big clubs once they've left us due to the disparity in wages.

As an aside one of our highest earners is Williams and he certainly doesn't score goals!

I personally wouldn't buy a goal scorer from the PL because of the wages point you make - I'd rather see us take a bit of a punt on someone from the Spanish or Italian or Dutch leagues (I may avoid France for a bit until I recover from Gomis...)

The other option, for a PL striker from a 'big' club, is via the loan route with us picking up a proportion of the wages ( like our deal on Gomis) - a few downsides :-

1. They tend to occur late in the window, after the Prem has begun.
2. Loan players can't play against their home club & can be pulled back (depends on the terms of the deal obviously).
3. Loaned players don't always gel as easily with the group, particularly if not playing regularly.

All that said I'd be happy with our 'second' striker via a loan but we need to be buying our first pick for me.
Leonardo Ulloa on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 1295 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 18:30 - Jul 27 by monmouth

He heavily implied, if not stated at one stage, if I remember right, that we would never spend that sort of money on a player again.

(Maybe not the exact words!)

I actually think he implied that we wouldn't start doing it as a matter of course, and only in exceptional circumstances.

The other point of course that the income has now massively increased, so £12m for Bony is now equivalent to about £20m or so.

I'm not convinced of course that point is fully understood...
Leonardo Ulloa on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 1267 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 18:32 - Jul 27 by Thornburyswan

The other option, for a PL striker from a 'big' club, is via the loan route with us picking up a proportion of the wages ( like our deal on Gomis) - a few downsides :-

1. They tend to occur late in the window, after the Prem has begun.
2. Loan players can't play against their home club & can be pulled back (depends on the terms of the deal obviously).
3. Loaned players don't always gel as easily with the group, particularly if not playing regularly.

All that said I'd be happy with our 'second' striker via a loan but we need to be buying our first pick for me.

Yes - I'd agree with that assessment as well.

Maybe something like Baston (to buy), Chadli (to buy) Wilson (on loan).

Keep Ayew. Play 433 - Ayew, Baston, Chadli as the 3, Siggy, Cork, Ki or Fer in midfield. Kingsley, Naughton / someone else (please) and perm any two of the four centre backs.
Leonardo Ulloa on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 1221 viewsjack247

I wouldn't mind us signing him. Even as our first choice striker, though I think for £15m we should be aiming higher.

There, I've said it.
Leonardo Ulloa on 19:02 - Jul 27 with 1137 viewsmonmouth

Leonardo Ulloa on 18:34 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

I actually think he implied that we wouldn't start doing it as a matter of course, and only in exceptional circumstances.

The other point of course that the income has now massively increased, so £12m for Bony is now equivalent to about £20m or so.

I'm not convinced of course that point is fully understood...

You're right, but the tone is as I remembered it.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/429217/Swansea-chairman-Huw-Jenkins-didn

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:14 - Jul 27 with 1071 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:02 - Jul 27 by monmouth

You're right, but the tone is as I remembered it.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/429217/Swansea-chairman-Huw-Jenkins-didn

I can't imagine he much likes spending anything on anyone!

But he did say last Friday that this new ownership will allow us to take a 'few more risks'.

I imagine that it won't do anything of the sort of course, but we live in hope of at least some recognition that we're unlikely to get a good striker for £5m.
Leonardo Ulloa on 19:18 - Jul 27 with 1037 viewsmonmouth

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:14 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

I can't imagine he much likes spending anything on anyone!

But he did say last Friday that this new ownership will allow us to take a 'few more risks'.

I imagine that it won't do anything of the sort of course, but we live in hope of at least some recognition that we're unlikely to get a good striker for £5m.

I don't really understand that quote at the end mind. Doesn't make any sense at all.

“But as long as our fans are happy with how we try to compete, I think we are okay.

“It’s up to the supporters if they want something different, if they want to change the club’s philosophy and have millions to spend on players.

“If that time comes, then things will change.”

Login to get fewer ads

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:23 - Jul 27 with 1010 viewslondonlisa2001

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:18 - Jul 27 by monmouth

I don't really understand that quote at the end mind. Doesn't make any sense at all.

“But as long as our fans are happy with how we try to compete, I think we are okay.

“It’s up to the supporters if they want something different, if they want to change the club’s philosophy and have millions to spend on players.

“If that time comes, then things will change.”

Probably about that time they were beginning to think about cashing in and preparing the way for 'fans want us to make the next step'.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 19:30]
Leonardo Ulloa on 19:26 - Jul 27 with 994 viewsmonmouth

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:23 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Probably about that time they were beginning to think about cashing in and preparing the way for 'fans want us to make the next step'.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 19:30]

Ah yes of course, we, as fans, did it for the fans.

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:35 - Jul 27 with 948 viewsGlyn1

Did Ulloa play against us last season - if so, does anyone remember how he did?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:53 - Jul 27 with 881 viewsBorojack

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:35 - Jul 27 by Glyn1

Did Ulloa play against us last season - if so, does anyone remember how he did?

Yes scored twice Ash and Rangel both had mares.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:05 - Jul 27 with 829 viewsdobjack2

Leonardo Ulloa on 19:53 - Jul 27 by Borojack

Yes scored twice Ash and Rangel both had mares.

How far was ulloa down the list of strikers who have scored/had a good game against us that we could afford?
Leonardo Ulloa on 20:31 - Jul 27 with 765 viewsmax936

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:05 - Jul 27 by dobjack2

How far was ulloa down the list of strikers who have scored/had a good game against us that we could afford?

Not sure what to make of Ulloa myself, I've never taken any interest in him, but he can score goals, so I'll settle for that 10 million or more is a lot of coin for a player who has played a bit part for his current team though.

Huw likes him cause he scored against us though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:32 - Jul 27 with 752 viewsMagicDaps

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:31 - Jul 27 by max936

Not sure what to make of Ulloa myself, I've never taken any interest in him, but he can score goals, so I'll settle for that 10 million or more is a lot of coin for a player who has played a bit part for his current team though.

Huw likes him cause he scored against us though.

A bit part for the Premier League champions. Huw likes him because he's shown he can score goals in the Premier League and has a much better attitude than the guy he's replacing.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 696 viewsSwansea93

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1512640/leonardo-ulloa-to-

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 696 viewsmax936

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:32 - Jul 27 by MagicDaps

A bit part for the Premier League champions. Huw likes him because he's shown he can score goals in the Premier League and has a much better attitude than the guy he's replacing.

Bit part even so, I didn't say I was against it did I, re-read it and I'll happily see the back of Gomis, but according to most his attitude hasn't been bad, just his ability on the field hasn't been good enough apart from the odd brief moments.

I will say, that he's had Vardy ahead of him and Mahez different position I know, so maybe that's why he's had limited chances.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 20:49]

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:53 - Jul 27 with 648 viewsDaggyjack

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:46 - Jul 27 by Swansea93

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1512640/leonardo-ulloa-to-

Wouldn't mind him for £10 million but the worrying thing about that report is that Guidolin has allegedly sanctioned the sale of Ayew!

Hardly positive news.
Leonardo Ulloa on 21:20 - Jul 27 with 593 viewsmax936

Leonardo Ulloa on 20:53 - Jul 27 by Daggyjack

Wouldn't mind him for £10 million but the worrying thing about that report is that Guidolin has allegedly sanctioned the sale of Ayew!

Hardly positive news.

It is the Sun Newspaper mind, treat as bullshit

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024