Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernando Llorente 21:00 - Jul 27 with 42252 viewsnyc_swans

suggestions in Spanish media that Swans are close to signing him.

i'm a massive fan. loved him at Athletic Bilbao.

please let this be true!!!
Fernando Llorente on 07:07 - Jul 28 with 4069 viewsDaggyjack

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u= https://sportnieuws.nl/voetbal/transfernieuws/swansea-volgende-station-llorente-

The Llorente train is coming...

How many times have we heard that "Swansea are close to signing...." - get this one sorted today please. At least it sounds that we are offering Llorente more than Real Sociedad.
Fernando Llorente on 08:07 - Jul 28 with 3840 viewsmonmouth

Two things from this thread.

1) He's 31 not 51. Of course he can play 90 minutes/last the season. FFS I was doing a proper job when I was 31 and still ran 10 marathons in 30 weeks at between 3 and 3.5 hours a pop. He may not be as quick as he was but endurance should not be a problem, even though I appreciate he's not running in straight lines!

2) The last time I got excited about an ageing 'name' joining us was Ronnie Rees, and he was horseshit, so I refuse to start frothing about this one until I've seen him do the business for us on the pitch.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2016 8:17]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fernando Llorente on 08:10 - Jul 28 with 3797 viewsItchySphincter

Fernando Llorente on 22:46 - Jul 27 by WarwickHunt

*crosses Kodjia off the "possible signings" list*

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fernando Llorente on 08:15 - Jul 28 with 3764 viewsItchySphincter

Fernando Llorente on 04:21 - Jul 28 by Loyal

A swans player with a name that starts with two L's - it's written. Has to be the first ?

JBT should be happy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fernando Llorente on 08:16 - Jul 28 with 3773 viewsAngelRangelQS

What concerns me is that goal record over the last two years... How many of them were starts?
Fernando Llorente on 08:21 - Jul 28 with 3727 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fernando Llorente on 08:16 - Jul 28 by AngelRangelQS

What concerns me is that goal record over the last two years... How many of them were starts?

Not many

He was sub quite a lot

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Fernando Llorente on 09:01 - Jul 28 with 3508 viewsMagicDaps

What is it with people on hear judging strikers by their wikipedia stats alone. He wasn't a regular for Sevilla last season, hence the reason he's available for €7 million but would be an excellent signing for us.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Fernando Llorente on 09:06 - Jul 28 with 3472 viewsjasper_T

How much is he on at Sevilla?
Login to get fewer ads

Fernando Llorente on 09:06 - Jul 28 with 3469 viewsHighjack

Fernando Llorente on 09:01 - Jul 28 by MagicDaps

What is it with people on hear judging strikers by their wikipedia stats alone. He wasn't a regular for Sevilla last season, hence the reason he's available for €7 million but would be an excellent signing for us.

Exactly. If he was scoring 45 goals a season he wouldn't be choosing between us, Middlesbrough and real socieadad.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fernando Llorente on 09:29 - Jul 28 with 3350 viewsmonmouth

Fernando Llorente on 09:06 - Jul 28 by Highjack

Exactly. If he was scoring 45 goals a season he wouldn't be choosing between us, Middlesbrough and real socieadad.

Plus our main strikers have always scored goals if they have anything about them at all. Even Gomis got goals when he was confident and really good chances to miss when he wasn't. Scotland, Sinclair, Graham, Michu, Bony. All competent in front of goal, all got lots of chances and could have scored more.

If he knows where the net is he will score. And hopefully bring more all round game to the pitch than Mr Gomis.

Fernando Llorente on 09:32 - Jul 28 with 3321 viewsjack247

I was happy with Ulloa yesterday. If we can get Llorente on the cheap it would be a great signing surely? Can link play or act as a targetman, scores goals and is used to the type of football we will hopefully be getting back to
Fernando Llorente on 09:35 - Jul 28 with 3298 viewsMoscowJack

Another plus is that he'll really offer us something defensively at corners too. That's something we haven't since Bony left.

I think some people underestimated how good Bony was for us at corners. I'd love to see the stats showing how many corners he cleared for us each game. That leap he had was incredible.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Fernando Llorente on 09:53 - Jul 28 with 3160 viewsSwansea93

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-confirm-i

Alan Curtis admits interest in Llorente.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Fernando Llorente on 10:03 - Jul 28 with 3097 viewsLeonisGod

Mail reporting we're considering a swap deal for Ayew (sorry if a ferry above, haven't read whole thread).

Bugger that. I'm not Ayew's biggest fan, but why would we want to swap a mobile attack-minded player who can also do all the clever and dirty stuff, who adds goals from behind the striker or from the wing, and can play deeper if needed, who's in the prime of his career, is proven and has spent a year getting used to us, for an ageing striker (albeit formerly good one) who appears to be in the twilight of his career and possibly on the decline, and is unproven in the PL, pretty much as Gomis is/was?

I'm not writing him off, as if he comes i'll give him plenty of time like I do any other player. But I hope we're not judging him on reputation alone and he's still got the gift.

But a swap deal? No thanks, unless losing Ayew is inevitable and unavoidable. And then I'd want another £20m for Ayew on top.
Fernando Llorente on 10:07 - Jul 28 with 3047 viewsshandyjack

Fernando Llorente on 10:03 - Jul 28 by LeonisGod

Mail reporting we're considering a swap deal for Ayew (sorry if a ferry above, haven't read whole thread).

Bugger that. I'm not Ayew's biggest fan, but why would we want to swap a mobile attack-minded player who can also do all the clever and dirty stuff, who adds goals from behind the striker or from the wing, and can play deeper if needed, who's in the prime of his career, is proven and has spent a year getting used to us, for an ageing striker (albeit formerly good one) who appears to be in the twilight of his career and possibly on the decline, and is unproven in the PL, pretty much as Gomis is/was?

I'm not writing him off, as if he comes i'll give him plenty of time like I do any other player. But I hope we're not judging him on reputation alone and he's still got the gift.

But a swap deal? No thanks, unless losing Ayew is inevitable and unavoidable. And then I'd want another £20m for Ayew on top.

thought i read it was a swap deal with west ham including Valencia. Still gets a hell no from me

Poll: Expectation for the season

Fernando Llorente on 10:10 - Jul 28 with 3022 viewsMagicDaps

Well firstly, that was written in the Daily Mail which shouldn't be treated as gospel. The Daily Mail were suggesting a swap deal with West Ham, Ayew for Enner Valencia. That won't happen either, swap deals rarely happen these days and that certainly wouldn't be a fair one.

I don't really understand some people on here. Moaning that we desperately need a striker, and then when we look like we're going to bring one in they're assuming that there won't be enough room for Ayew and presume he's off.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Fernando Llorente on 10:11 - Jul 28 with 3013 viewsLeonisGod

Fernando Llorente on 10:07 - Jul 28 by shandyjack

thought i read it was a swap deal with west ham including Valencia. Still gets a hell no from me

The press are making up as they go a long I reckon. We've already sold Ayew three times and swapped him twice. Surely we can't wring any more out of him lol.
Fernando Llorente on 10:11 - Jul 28 with 3002 viewsDr_Winston

Fernando Llorente on 10:07 - Jul 28 by shandyjack

I'd want £20m plus Valencia for Ayew.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fernando Llorente on 10:24 - Jul 28 with 2906 viewsjack247

As plenty of people pointed out yesterday, the papers love a swap deal, but they hardly ever happen
Fernando Llorente on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 2742 viewstherealme

Fernando Llorente on 08:16 - Jul 28 by AngelRangelQS

At Sevilla, season just gone
From 23 apps I make it 14 starts 1 goal
3 of his Liga goals were actually AS a substitute, 2 from 69 mins onwards

Last season at Juve 14/15
25 starts out of 31 apps 7 goals. One in 3 and a half games, for Juve? Hmm

But I can hear people say now "oh yes but then how many were against this team or that team blah blah"

I'm actually undecided.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Fernando Llorente on 10:55 - Jul 28 with 2694 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Fernando Llorente on 10:49 - Jul 28 by therealme

At Sevilla, season just gone
From 23 apps I make it 14 starts 1 goal
3 of his Liga goals were actually AS a substitute, 2 from 69 mins onwards

Last season at Juve 14/15
25 starts out of 31 apps 7 goals. One in 3 and a half games, for Juve? Hmm

But I can hear people say now "oh yes but then how many were against this team or that team blah blah"

I'm actually undecided.

Colour me unimpressed.
doesn't sound like the 20 goals a season we need.
Fernando Llorente on 11:02 - Jul 28 with 2621 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

People getting excited over his name and past glories.

He is well past his best.
Fernando Llorente on 11:15 - Jul 28 with 2510 viewsairedale

Fernando Llorente on 08:07 - Jul 28 by monmouth

Two things from this thread.

1) He's 31 not 51. Of course he can play 90 minutes/last the season. FFS I was doing a proper job when I was 31 and still ran 10 marathons in 30 weeks at between 3 and 3.5 hours a pop. He may not be as quick as he was but endurance should not be a problem, even though I appreciate he's not running in straight lines!

2) The last time I got excited about an ageing 'name' joining us was Ronnie Rees, and he was horseshit, so I refuse to start frothing about this one until I've seen him do the business for us on the pitch.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2016 8:17]

Did Ronnie Rees have a footballing brother?
Fernando Llorente on 12:06 - Jul 28 with 2264 viewsmonmouth

Fernando Llorente on 11:15 - Jul 28 by airedale

Did Ronnie Rees have a footballing brother?

Don't know, but Wales had a Gilbert Reece. he was shit too.

Fernando Llorente on 12:15 - Jul 28 with 2156 viewsshandyjack

Fernando Llorente on 10:11 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

I'd want £20m plus Valencia for Ayew.

i just wouldn't consider it. i really can't see the the fascination ppl have in selling someone who in our squad guarantees 10-15 goals next season.

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024