Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? 12:25 - Jul 28 with 1152 viewssherpajacob

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/28/how-british-are-you-mapped-dna-testin

Telegraph and mail amongst others peddling the line that Yorkshire people are the most "British" because they have the most Anglo Saxon DNA.

The Celtic people who were here before them are all Irish apparently.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 13:22 - Jul 28 with 1106 viewsClinton

Who cares ? Were all British now.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 13:40 - Jul 28 with 1088 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I can't wait for trampie to see this.
It's entirely in contrast to the outcome of a national DNA swabbing programme only a few years back

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 15:11 - Jul 28 with 1033 viewsyescomeon

I guess the meaning of British has changed. In the real world these days it means English.

Upthecity!

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 20:29 - Jul 28 with 927 viewsskippyjack

Welsh people are the true British, plus the Celts.. The Picts.. followed by the Romani Gypsies and Roman/Pict breeds.. Britiannia is Latin. The Saxony invaders decided to do what the Romans did to the Picts/Celts.. and claimed the land as Brit-ain.

This is why the Gypsies refuse to obey the law of England.. and avoid taxes to this day.. because the gypsies believe it's their land to live.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 22:27 - Jul 28 with 864 viewsWatchman

erm but the land and peoples existed before invasion so they are not British!

thats right the saxons moved the stones at the henge by hovercraft

#cough#bullshyte

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 22:51 - Jul 28 with 834 viewslonglostjack

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 15:11 - Jul 28 by yescomeon

I guess the meaning of British has changed. In the real world these days it means English.

No hasn't changed at all. English and British has always been one and the same in the eyes of the English.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 00:06 - Jul 29 with 784 viewsdailew

What about the beaker folk?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 09:03 - Jul 29 with 698 viewsyescomeon

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 22:51 - Jul 28 by longlostjack

No hasn't changed at all. English and British has always been one and the same in the eyes of the English.

And the world at large too. Fair enough with Aussies or Yanks but even to the Irish and French the two are completely interchangeable. Lived with plenty of Irish up in Bangor and was constantly correcting them when they referred to it as England.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 10:25 - Jul 29 with 676 viewsLeonisGod

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 00:06 - Jul 29 by dailew

What about the beaker folk?

Indeed.

Pretty sh*t article really - it just assumes that the definition of British is Anglo-Saxon. It's the social equivalent of the media thinking that top flight football only started in 1992 with the formation of the PL.
Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 22:57 - Jul 29 with 595 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I can only assume that the plaid political camp that Trampie is having his leftist holiday retreat in has no internet connection, being in the shadow of Cader Idris after all like

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Only the Anglo - Saxons (Germans) are British? on 23:20 - Jul 29 with 580 viewsKilkennyjack

The welsh people are the British. The end.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024