Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion 08:07 - Jul 29 with 29298 viewssP7qupUf

This is edging closer apparently. If he goes he goes but...... what I cannot understand is how do we end up selling a quality and proven experienced player for that figure and in the same breath I find out that West Ham want £18 million for Reece Oxford, a kid who has played very little top quality football. Bit like Spurs wanting £8 million for Alex Pritchard. Views?
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:30 - Jul 29 with 2450 viewsymaohyd

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:38 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

I've got no problem with players using us as a stepping stone. Bring someone in, get a good season or so out of him then sell him for a profit and repeat.

The key is good scouting/succession planning. Unfortunately we haven't displayed either in recent years

Spot on.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:37 - Jul 29 with 2381 viewsstid

Strange one this...we are all desperate for a top class ST but if we get 1 where does Ayew fit in? Clearly not a winger and Gylfi is miles ahead of him in the number 10 role.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:44 - Jul 29 with 2333 viewslonglostjack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:05 - Jul 29 by Griffting

We may well have to sell big to buy big. Which is very concerning. Have to get rid of the wage of Ayew to take on the wage of say bony for instance. Very risky. It's all down to which player the board think is more important for our plans.

I wish we could move on from Bony. It was good while it lasted but for that type of money we should be looking at top potential to sell on to a Chelsea or Man City down the line. The last thing I'd want now is for our new owners to start making signings to get the fans on board. With Allen they missed a trick - hope they don't now try to swing the other way just for the PR.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:44 - Jul 29 with 2322 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:37 - Jul 29 by stid

Strange one this...we are all desperate for a top class ST but if we get 1 where does Ayew fit in? Clearly not a winger and Gylfi is miles ahead of him in the number 10 role.

Utility player, in my opinion. Before he signed with Swansea he was often used as a left wing, and I don't think we've tried him out there yet.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:45 - Jul 29 with 2314 viewslondonlisa2001

433 ?
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 20:39 - Jul 29 with 2083 viewsstid

Ayew is not a winger
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:32 - Jul 29 with 1957 viewsmonmouth

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:44 - Jul 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Utility player, in my opinion. Before he signed with Swansea he was often used as a left wing, and I don't think we've tried him out there yet.

Huh?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:58 - Jul 29 with 1870 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:44 - Jul 29 by longlostjack

I wish we could move on from Bony. It was good while it lasted but for that type of money we should be looking at top potential to sell on to a Chelsea or Man City down the line. The last thing I'd want now is for our new owners to start making signings to get the fans on board. With Allen they missed a trick - hope they don't now try to swing the other way just for the PR.

Why? What's wrong with paying top dollar for a player we know who can do a good job for us for five or six years and bugger the sell on?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 23:17 - Jul 29 with 1801 viewsmorningstar

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:58 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Why? What's wrong with paying top dollar for a player we know who can do a good job for us for five or six years and bugger the sell on?

You on about Bony Jobs? If so, that's all i can say is i thought you were better than that!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:40 - Jul 30 with 1625 viewswaynekerr55

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:58 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Cos his name isn't Lee or Marvin, is it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:43 - Jul 30 with 1595 viewsmonmouth

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:40 - Jul 30 by waynekerr55

Cos his name isn't Lee or Marvin, is it?

Yay, are we buying him?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:05 - Jul 30 with 1546 viewsjack247

He is one of those players that we have better than in every position (apart from striker at the moment), but still needs to be in the team because he has that bit of magic that changes games.

His best position is probably whichever attacking role we have the weakest alternative in.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:13 - Jul 30 with 1514 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:05 - Jul 30 by jack247

He is one of those players that we have better than in every position (apart from striker at the moment), but still needs to be in the team because he has that bit of magic that changes games.

His best position is probably whichever attacking role we have the weakest alternative in.

He ain't as good as Routs.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:25 - Jul 30 with 1477 viewsJango

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:13 - Jul 30 by blaine_scfc

Brilliant!
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:28 - Jul 30 with 1460 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:25 - Jul 30 by Jango

Brilliant!

It's being sarcastic because jack247 loves Routs.

Ayew alongside Gylfi are leagues above anyone else we have at the club in an attacking sense, guaranteed 15 goals plus next year.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:32 - Jul 30 with 1435 viewsjack247

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:13 - Jul 30 by blaine_scfc

He would get in the team ahead of Routs as he scores goals. Both of them get in ahead of Montero and Barrow. Mainly because they are better.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:37 - Jul 30 with 1417 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:32 - Jul 30 by jack247

He would get in the team ahead of Routs as he scores goals. Both of them get in ahead of Montero and Barrow. Mainly because they are better.

Montero and Barrow both better wingers than Routs. Will prove it this year.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:37 - Jul 30 with 1416 viewsjasper_T

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:28 - Jul 30 by blaine_scfc

It's being sarcastic because jack247 loves Routs.

Ayew alongside Gylfi are leagues above anyone else we have at the club in an attacking sense, guaranteed 15 goals plus next year.

Only if the system is right, or have people already forgot how much abuse Gylfi got around here in the first half of last season under Monk (when Ayew scored the bulk of his goals)?
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:41 - Jul 30 with 1404 viewsdobjack2

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:38 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

I've got no problem with players using us as a stepping stone. Bring someone in, get a good season or so out of him then sell him for a profit and repeat.

The key is good scouting/succession planning. Unfortunately we haven't displayed either in recent years

Exactly

The problems start when the replacements are not the same quality.

For us to remain in this division (the next level stuff spouted by the previous board appears to have just been a smokescreen to try and appease fans until the share sale was completed) our recruitment has to be smart. However the dramatic increase in tv money has lead to a comparable increase in transfer fees which we do not appear to want to match for whatever reason.

The new majority shareholders are not white knights who will spend money on players without it being paid back to them. If they feel they have to spend more of their money to protect the value of their investment then the club will pay for it.

Their business plan appears to be business as usual at the moment as no additional income has been generated. That means getting as many players as possible that won't feature off the books or out on loan and a modest outlay on transfers. Hence our links with older strikers, strikers and creative players being possibly the most inflated area, the danger being they could be over the hill and after one last pay day.

I hope I am wrong and that there is money put aside to bring in quality, my concern is that won't happen unless one or more of ash, ayew or gylfi is sold. If that happens we go back to the point the op made about the quality of our recruitment. There is no point selling our best players if we can't replace them with at least comparable quality, if not better, but at a similar or even lower fee.

If we do there is only one way we are going.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:42 - Jul 30 with 1397 viewsjack247

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:37 - Jul 30 by blaine_scfc

Montero and Barrow both better wingers than Routs. Will prove it this year.

Hopefully they do. They haven't got near it so far.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 1388 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:37 - Jul 30 by jasper_T

Only if the system is right, or have people already forgot how much abuse Gylfi got around here in the first half of last season under Monk (when Ayew scored the bulk of his goals)?

No I agree with what your saying. I don't want to come across as anti Routs because he has been a great player for us, just doesn't beat a player anymore and his end product is very average. Barrow and Montero have the X factor and will cause teams hell, much like Zaha and Bolasie did for most of last season.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:53 - Jul 30 with 1341 viewsjasper_T

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:44 - Jul 30 by blaine_scfc

No I agree with what your saying. I don't want to come across as anti Routs because he has been a great player for us, just doesn't beat a player anymore and his end product is very average. Barrow and Montero have the X factor and will cause teams hell, much like Zaha and Bolasie did for most of last season.

I've not got a problem with Routledge. Montero could learn a lot from him about beating a man before receiving the ball instead of waiting till after.

I'm sceptical of what Ayew will contribute should we buy a real centre forward.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:06 - Jul 30 with 1292 viewsjack247

The productivity argument just doesn't wash Blaine. None of the three score or directly assist anywhere near as much as they should. If you were comparing Routledge to Ayew it would be valid.

Routs rarely takes anyone on. He plays one twos and lets the ball do the work. He still gets past his man and loses possession less often. It's a different way of doing the same thing.

Montero and Barrow would be better options if we were playing the way we were at the start of last season. If we are playing with narrower wingers they will both have to adapt their game.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:12 - Jul 30 with 1251 viewspencoedjack

Agree with all of that I'm a big Routs fan but Jeff and Mo really do get arses off seats
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:39 - Jul 31 with 1041 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports reporting £20m offer made from West Ham
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024