Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion 08:07 - Jul 29 with 29378 viewssP7qupUf

This is edging closer apparently. If he goes he goes but...... what I cannot understand is how do we end up selling a quality and proven experienced player for that figure and in the same breath I find out that West Ham want £18 million for Reece Oxford, a kid who has played very little top quality football. Bit like Spurs wanting £8 million for Alex Pritchard. Views?
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:23 - Jul 29 with 7934 viewsjojaca

Absolute rubbish unless we are signing three players on the weekend.

Even when you know, you never know?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:27 - Jul 29 with 7895 viewsItchySphincter

Agree with the OP - if true. Someone needs to come out and explain why we sell off proven PL players at bargain prices. There has to be a reason?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:28 - Jul 29 with 7888 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

News from the Swansea grape vine , he wants out .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:28 - Jul 29 with 7887 viewsJohnw102

Thank goodness nobody has come sniffing after Siggy for about £10 mill!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:40 - Jul 29 with 7784 viewsSheffieldjack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:28 - Jul 29 by Johnw102

Thank goodness nobody has come sniffing after Siggy for about £10 mill!

If this is true then whoever has agreed to the sale should be billed for the missing £24 million we should have received.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:47 - Jul 29 with 7729 viewsicecoldjack

I've said it before And will say it sgain. Release clause ?

It's the only way this figure can keep getting mentioned .
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:54 - Jul 29 with 7664 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Spurs want him also

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:13 - Jul 29 with 7516 viewsmonmouth

I wouldn't be as concerned with losing him (as I think now either him or Sig will be sold because they have itchy feet and high reputations) if we frigging well got someone in that could score goals. If we do sell him for even 16m, never mind more, it makes missing out on Joe Allen - given that we obviously wanted him from Curt's words - ridiculous.

If we're not careful we'll force ourselves into a desperation signing, and that's how you end up with an Adebayor.

I think I'm glad I'm away for the next two weeks after tomorrow. Taking no phone or internet access either, so I'll miss all the drama - if there is any - and be interested to see what team we actually did put out at Burnley when I get back.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 9:18]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:34 - Jul 29 with 7373 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Swans are living in a parallel universe. One in which Joe Allen is worth no more than £8M and an asset like Ayew can be sold for £16M.

It's a recipe for lots of sales and very few purchases. The bank balance will look OK though which is really important.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:41 - Jul 29 with 7314 viewsLandore_Jack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 08:28 - Jul 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

News from the Swansea grape vine , he wants out .

Even if he wants out other clubs should pay the going rate.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 9:43]

#backtojack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:44 - Jul 29 with 7279 viewsraynor94

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:41 - Jul 29 by Landore_Jack

Even if he wants out other clubs should pay the going rate.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 9:43]

How do we know he hasn't got a release clause, let's be honest he would always have thought of us as a stepping stone

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:00 - Jul 29 with 7130 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 09:44 - Jul 29 by raynor94

How do we know he hasn't got a release clause, let's be honest he would always have thought of us as a stepping stone

Stepping stone to what though? West Ham are a bigger club historically, but since we've been in the PL they've only finished above us once and that was last season. I suppose they've got a chance of squeezing into the Europa League this season, but they're hardly the force they are and somewhere Ayew could get regular European football. A strange choice of club to go to imo.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:01 - Jul 29 with 7107 viewsJackfath

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:00 - Jul 29 by LeonisGod

Stepping stone to what though? West Ham are a bigger club historically, but since we've been in the PL they've only finished above us once and that was last season. I suppose they've got a chance of squeezing into the Europa League this season, but they're hardly the force they are and somewhere Ayew could get regular European football. A strange choice of club to go to imo.

They're moving to a new stadium init. He's been sold the dream.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:10 - Jul 29 with 7015 viewsAnotherJohn

Can't remember a close season with so many discouraging rumours - even the supposedly positive stories are underwhelming. We got lucky last season, but don't seem to have learned the lesson.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:27 - Jul 29 with 6876 viewsLandore_Jack

Ayew should not be sold until reinforcements have been brought in.

#backtojack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 6780 viewsmonmouth

I would just like to point out again that we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet.

This window hasn't gone well yet for sure, but I would still bet heavily, were I a betting man, that we will be mid table yet again come next May..

Concern I get, panicky doom and gloom I don't. If we do sell him to Ham before replacing, that's the time to start shouting the odds. Yesterday the club was shit for buying Peter Crouch, which is possible I suppose but highly unlikely indeed. As to the price for Ayew; well, it's not our money is it? Americans are not known for giving stuff away cheaply, so if this was right there would be a reason, as it's such a blatant undervaluation given his hype and his goal tally.

Maybe we should all just spare a thought for the future beyond the next five weeks. It's all gone very quiet on the S/H discussions with the trust. Now that is important.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 10:52]

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 6780 viewstylagarwjack

So if the paper reports are to be believed, we are selling one of the few players in the squad who has shown the capability of scoring goals in the prem, for way below what other players are going for and then immediately reinvesting the money in Tello, who hasn't ever played in the prem, and whose goals record isn't great anyway. Also, given the other clubs linked with Tello it seems entirely possible that we wouldn't get him anyway.

Ayew has 3 years left on his contract and so even if he wants out, unless there are some clauses in his contract to the contrary, should totally be on our terms, and £25m minimum.

Yes, there are questions over how he fits into the team but that should be up to FG to find an answer for rather than selling a good quality player on the cheap.

I really hope this is not right.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:52 - Jul 29 with 6675 viewsMagic_Michu

It's as if our board haven't realised prices are greatly inflated this season because of the new TV money.

This is why they thought that £13 million was too expensive and £16 million is about right for Ayew.

In fact, Stoke have probably got a pretty good deal for Allen and Ayew is worth around £25 million in today's market.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 11:07 - Jul 29 with 6579 viewsblaine_scfc

£16 million, we need shooting.

Ayew is, in my opinion obviously, a guaranteed 15 goals next season. Jordan Ibe went for £1 million less, we are getting shafted if the deal is done.

I don't necessarily blame him for wanting out if I am honest, but we need to stick to our guns on this one.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 6390 viewsLord_Bony

Definatlly under sold at that price.

Always a difficult one if the clock is ticking and the player wants out.

If its true need to find a quality replacement asap time to splash some cash there ll be plenty of it rolling in this season.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 12:57 - Jul 29 with 6035 viewsReecojack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 11:34 - Jul 29 by Lord_Bony

Definatlly under sold at that price.

Always a difficult one if the clock is ticking and the player wants out.

If its true need to find a quality replacement asap time to splash some cash there ll be plenty of it rolling in this season.

I don't buy into this "the player wants out" bullshit, so we should sell him quickly not to disturb the team.

The player is in a contract with Swansea City for 3 years!! We should only sell at a fee beneficial to us, or not at all. If then the player does not play to his best ability because he does not want to be here, then he will be forgotten by the time his contract is up and not get a good deal anyway.

We have the power, not the player. I'm sick of players crying over not wanting to be at a club they have signed a contract to play for.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:01 - Jul 29 with 5992 viewsLord_Bony

True that.

But bench warmers are expensive these days.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:10 - Jul 29 with 5882 viewsReecojack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:01 - Jul 29 by Lord_Bony

True that.

I'd call bull on any player wanting to sulk on the bench for 3 years. The problem is, you let a player go because he's moaning about not wanting to be here, then the precedent is set for any other player to follow suit.

We should make examples of players like this, ultimately, we would then be in a stronger position with others trying to do the same.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:11 - Jul 29 with 5865 viewsAussieSwan

sell Ayew and we're gonna be favourites for the drop. You can't sell our four main strikers without replacements lined up. It's absurd.

I hope this is paper talk and nothing more

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:11 - Jul 29 with 5865 viewsmonmouth

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:01 - Jul 29 by Lord_Bony

True that.

He'd soon play. I'm all for playing hardball here. Depends what we promised when he signed though. This, and the Sunderland bollox indicate something not straightforward. I wouldn't be touching this agent again with a bargepole.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024