Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion 08:07 - Jul 29 with 29355 viewssP7qupUf

This is edging closer apparently. If he goes he goes but...... what I cannot understand is how do we end up selling a quality and proven experienced player for that figure and in the same breath I find out that West Ham want £18 million for Reece Oxford, a kid who has played very little top quality football. Bit like Spurs wanting £8 million for Alex Pritchard. Views?
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 2620 viewsveng9

Jim White and Riath Al-Samarrai both saying we've received no bids for Ayew.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:23 - Jul 29 with 2589 viewsAussieSwan

He might want out now Gomis is gone, apparently the two are pretty close. Just a thought.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:25 - Jul 29 with 2570 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:23 - Jul 29 by AussieSwan

He might want out now Gomis is gone, apparently the two are pretty close. Just a thought.

West Ham is a bit closer to Marseille too. He could just jump on a plane at H/row and be there at least 3 hrs sooner.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 2509 viewsmonmouth

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:10 - Jul 29 by Reecojack

I'd call bull on any player wanting to sulk on the bench for 3 years. The problem is, you let a player go because he's moaning about not wanting to be here, then the precedent is set for any other player to follow suit.

We should make examples of players like this, ultimately, we would then be in a stronger position with others trying to do the same.

Problem is then, you may not attract players who think they might be similarly 'trapped' - and you lose the value of the asset, in this case millions which no one would chuck away. Plus you have a morning disruptive t*at around the place and team spirit would drop. The players hold the cards. It needs a change in the law to rebalance it. That Bosman ruling was disastrous really.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:38 - Jul 29 with 2488 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:35 - Jul 29 by monmouth

Problem is then, you may not attract players who think they might be similarly 'trapped' - and you lose the value of the asset, in this case millions which no one would chuck away. Plus you have a morning disruptive t*at around the place and team spirit would drop. The players hold the cards. It needs a change in the law to rebalance it. That Bosman ruling was disastrous really.

I've got no problem with players using us as a stepping stone. Bring someone in, get a good season or so out of him then sell him for a profit and repeat.

The key is good scouting/succession planning. Unfortunately we haven't displayed either in recent years
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:14 - Jul 29 with 2414 viewsFatherJack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:35 - Jul 29 by monmouth

A change will come soon enough - the Bosman ruling only affects transfers within the EU. Now whatever one's views on whether we should be in or out of the EU, this is going to be directly affected when we finally do exit, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:21 - Jul 29 with 2360 viewsmidswan

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:14 - Jul 29 by FatherJack

A change will come soon enough - the Bosman ruling only affects transfers within the EU. Now whatever one's views on whether we should be in or out of the EU, this is going to be directly affected when we finally do exit, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

hmmm....never thought about EU/Brexit and Bosman, interesting as you say.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:22 - Jul 29 with 2359 viewsLoyal

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:19 - Jul 29 by veng9

Which is the correct answer.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:31 - Jul 29 with 2288 viewslondonlisa2001

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:14 - Jul 29 by FatherJack

Bosman applies to any transfer between and within any FIFA countries.

EU has no effect.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 2184 viewsGriffting

If he goes we just have to bring Bony back. He knows the club, knows and has worked with most of the players, knows what's required to play here etc. That would be the only solution to selling all your strikers, at the bare minimum, bringing someone in who would hit the ground running having been here before.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:59 - Jul 29 with 2144 viewsvetchonian

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:49 - Jul 29 by Griffting

If he goes we just have to bring Bony back. He knows the club, knows and has worked with most of the players, knows what's required to play here etc. That would be the only solution to selling all your strikers, at the bare minimum, bringing someone in who would hit the ground running having been here before.

THis may be why we are having a "fire sale" loaning out so many players and thinking of selling a potential top scorer to fund Wilf's return...but that could be risky what of a player revolt given his current wage at Man C ...huge gulf compared to the rest of the squad...and what of the talk previously that Ash has some contractual clause putting him on "par" with top earner...what good will it do for morale

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 15:24 - Jul 29 with 2034 viewswaynekerr55

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 13:19 - Jul 29 by veng9

I hope that's the case and if we have, we tell them to double their money at the very least.

Fück my eyes if this is true

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 1993 viewsJango

Jenkins is not stupid, the only players he's sold so far are the ones who had very little impact on the first team last season or would have had very little impact in the coming season. He's stated already he's looking to replace these with, I hope, better players. There's no way this Ayew story has any legs to unless someone comes in first to replace him or if Sakho, Valencia or even both are involved in the deal
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 15:44 - Jul 29 with 1918 viewsFatherJack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 14:31 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Bosman applies to any transfer between and within any FIFA countries.

EU has no effect.

Are you sure on this? I don't dispute what you say, it's just now I actually look I'm seeing sources all saying different things.

The Telegraph claimed Bosman wouldn't be affected... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/21/what-would-brexit-mean-for-the-pr

...while The Independent implied it would be: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eu-brexit-could-have-

Although both those views could well be clouded by those papers' relevant bias regarding Brexit. This story from 1997 is interesting however, reporting that FIFA did extend the ruling to cover non-EU players, but specifically only those who are playing for clubs within the EU: http://web.hurriyetdailynews.com/fifa-extends-bosman-ruling-to-non-eu-players.as

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:37 - Jul 29 with 1744 viewsGriffting

West Ham chairman mentioned being close to signing a promising striker, and then said "We are also talking to another Premier League club about a top-class international forward, but the discussions over financial terms still have some way to go." West Ham fans all certain that it's Ayew.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:39 - Jul 29 with 1641 viewsmajorraglan

If the rumours about Chelsea and Tottenham are right, I would rather sell him to one of them than West Ham who are more likely to be competitors of ours.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:47 - Jul 29 with 1604 viewslondonlisa2001

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 15:44 - Jul 29 by FatherJack

Are you sure on this? I don't dispute what you say, it's just now I actually look I'm seeing sources all saying different things.

The Telegraph claimed Bosman wouldn't be affected... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/21/what-would-brexit-mean-for-the-pr

...while The Independent implied it would be: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eu-brexit-could-have-

Although both those views could well be clouded by those papers' relevant bias regarding Brexit. This story from 1997 is interesting however, reporting that FIFA did extend the ruling to cover non-EU players, but specifically only those who are playing for clubs within the EU: http://web.hurriyetdailynews.com/fifa-extends-bosman-ruling-to-non-eu-players.as

Well as far as I'm aware it's a FIFA rule now but have no particular knowledge of it other than what I've read over the years so maybe I've just assumed wrong? Don't know whether they've restricted it to only apply in certain countries or not - maybe they initially brought it in for certain countries and then extended it - that last story is almost 20 years ago so probably changed it since then.

I thought it just applied everywhere throughout football. Can't think of any case where a footballer has been transferred at the end of their contract for a fee, but maybe if it happened in South America or something I wouldn't notice. It'd be strange though.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:47 - Jul 29 with 1602 viewseddie71

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:39 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

If the rumours about Chelsea and Tottenham are right, I would rather sell him to one of them than West Ham who are more likely to be competitors of ours.

I wish I was as optimistic as you.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:57 - Jul 29 with 1537 viewsRancid

All that's needed now is for Guidolin to thrown in the towel and who could blame him.I half expected Ayew to leave but it's all about the timing.On the back of the most depressing off season in a long time we somehow then manage to make it even worse and sell the last remaining centre forward we have If we'd have brought in a few players already then Ayew's departure would have been almost expected but we haven't and now people are starting to worry.Curt didn't say a lot in that interview but he did say the players are being affected by it and that in itself is a concern.I don't blame Ayew at all for wanting out.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:58 - Jul 29 with 1529 viewsThornburyswan

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 10:27 - Jul 29 by Landore_Jack

Ayew should not be sold until reinforcements have been brought in.

This - although I can see us selling if we get offered £20M+ but not before at least 1, maybe 2 are brought in.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 1480 viewsGriffting

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 17:58 - Jul 29 by Thornburyswan

This - although I can see us selling if we get offered £20M+ but not before at least 1, maybe 2 are brought in.

We may well have to sell big to buy big. Which is very concerning. Have to get rid of the wage of Ayew to take on the wage of say bony for instance. Very risky. It's all down to which player the board think is more important for our plans.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:17 - Jul 29 with 1441 viewstomdickharry

Every player has his market value unless there is a release clause that overrides this,in Ayew's case who knows what this is other than our club,the player,other players and his agent,consequently an alleged bid of £16M by West Ham is either the value of the release clause or a complete fabrication,tend to believe the second.To date our club have not signed any strikers of known quality,despite the abundance of unconfirmed rumor that we are about to sign so and so,therefore,we assume that the club is hard at work finalising transfer arrangements with a number of realistic signings and at the same time not even contemplating the transfer of Ayew.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:22 - Jul 29 with 1393 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky Sources now saying that they've enquired into his availability
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:26 - Jul 29 with 1360 viewsmorningstar

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:22 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

That's a bit limp wristed in this day and age isn't it?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:27 - Jul 29 with 1346 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 18:22 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

I think they are reading this forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024