Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monmouth (n/t) 11:26 - Jul 29 with 337 viewsWxmJax

Thinking of going to watch Alistair McGowan in October. Any recommendations of where to stay in the area for the night ? Would like a drink but not a necessity, so walking distance wouldn't be bad. It's at the Blake Theatre.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 11:29]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Monmouth (n/t) on 12:20 - Jul 29 with 312 viewsmonmouth

I'm about 15 miles from the town so I've not stayed in them or seen the rooms, but if it's just for the night and you don't want to drive and want to be central then either the Wetherspoons (Kings head) or the Punch House should be a reasonably safe bet. I prefer the Punch for a drink if I'm in town but they are across the road from one another. There's the Mayhill hotel over towards the Kymin too (10 minute walk across the river). My sister stayed there once and said it was ok for a couple of days. I'm not sure about that one, and she is from Cwmdu ...
(before we moved in by the way, we didn't refuse her shelter....although...)

Most others I know of you would have to drive and they're a bit pricey for a night at the theatre. We stayed at the Saint Pierre (a Marriott) when we moved down which is very nice and you can play golf if you like that sort of thing, but it's 18 miles away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monmouth (n/t) on 14:05 - Jul 29 with 264 viewsWxmJax

I like the idea of the golf but the missus walked off the course at Oban when I was playing. I know it was coming down like cats and dogs sideways but it left me with no caddie for the remaining 7 holes and I had to carry them myself. Unbelievably, SHE was in a mood when I returned to the clubhouse. Women eh ?

I've looked at a couple of really nice b&b's on tripadvisor but I'll let her make the call. Thanks for the reply.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024