Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are our new investors doing? 10:02 - Jul 30 with 10966 viewsSheffieldjack

Wolves are in for Anderson Talisca, a Brazilian striker, for £25 million. They are a Championship side who have just been backed by new investors. Meanwhile we are scraping the barrel with rumours about Peter Crouch and loan signings. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
What are our new investors doing? on 15:09 - Jul 30 with 2066 viewsSwansea93

Don't know why I look forward to our transfer windows, it's always the same it's foooking horrible everytime!

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

What are our new investors doing? on 15:17 - Jul 30 with 2042 viewsFlashberryjack

What are our new investors doing? on 15:07 - Jul 30 by Borojack

How much was Gomis Eder and Pallochi on combined.

If what i heard was true, Gomis was on £80,000 a week which was made up of wages and his signing on fee.
Would have thought Eder & Pallochi would have been on at least £55,000 between them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What are our new investors doing? on 15:24 - Jul 30 with 2020 viewslonglostjack

What are our new investors doing? on 14:49 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

If only there was a financial year end coming up soon, so the club could attempt to maximise the profits made in that financial year without spending any money back out, to avoid putting fees through the P&L (reducing the profit for the year), so that new owners, with enough votes to do so, could theoretically declare themselves a chunky dividend to immediately claw back some of the purchase price.

Not that anyone would do that surely.

In all seriousness, we can hope that they are not the sort to do that, but if I was investing in something I didn't much care about, I might think of doing it. And I'd put the money I'd taken out as a dividend back into the company the next day as a loan, with interest. Then I'd buy the players I needed, making a loss next year with the fees and amortisation which I'd roll back against this year's profits for tax purposes.

If we had sold Ayew before tomorrow, I'd be concerned that was exactly what they were doing incidentally.

I'm sure that the co- founder of Oaktree Capital Fund would never dream of doing such a thing. No they've bought into the club because they're going to take us to the next level and they chose us because they fell in love with the Swans story. They all said so, why should we fans possibly doubt the narrative, only pessimists and cynics would do that. Oh wait......

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What are our new investors doing? on 15:28 - Jul 30 with 1987 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What are our new investors doing? on 15:04 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

It looks like they want to sign someone else to replace Graneiro so he'd still be second choice.

Just looked up his salary and it is70K a week. I suppose we'd have to ask why the hell we were in for him in the first place when we couldn't really improve on his wage and Seville wanted a fee on top. Looks like we've wasted our own time on this one. And the clock is ticking

The cynical among us may think that the target was chosen as one that was unachieveable for a purpose. But I can't see anything to be gained by that from the clubs' perspective.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What are our new investors doing? on 15:29 - Jul 30 with 1991 viewsWatchman

What are our new investors doing? on 14:07 - Jul 30 by Highjack

It can't be. The only way they can take money directly out of the club is in the form of salaries, dividends or bonuses etc which I imagine would have to be agreed by all parties including the trust.

They can't just transfer money directly into their own personal bank accounts.

However it does appear they are employing a rather harsh cost cutting strategy. Slashing wages, minimising outgoings. Not a recipe for success.

the clues on how things were going to be were all in the press conference.

Expect lots of accountancy types

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

What are our new investors doing? on 17:54 - Jul 30 with 1887 viewsmalagajack

What are our new investors doing? on 14:42 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

He probably won't get a chance to play premier league football again. Is he really on70K a week at Sevilla?

They must have had a sky mega deal for la liga then because I can't see them being able to pay one of their fringe players 70 grand a week.

from what i read here about £48k
What are our new investors doing? on 22:11 - Jul 30 with 1770 viewsSheffieldjack

With player valuations rocketing, if we continue our current policy then we're headed for problems. The Board need to get real.
What are our new investors doing? on 22:15 - Jul 30 with 1750 viewsPhaedrus

Keep on saying it. You have to be right.... at some point... surely?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Login to get fewer ads

What are our new investors doing? on 22:46 - Jul 30 with 1647 viewsSlugster664

At this moment in time, I'm gutted I renewed my Season Ticket...last season I think, can't keep doing this to myself. Didn't enjoy last season, can't see this one being any better.

Really hope I'm wrong and the owners prove us all wrong.

STID

What are our new investors doing? on 22:48 - Jul 30 with 1641 viewsBanosswan

What are our new investors doing? on 22:46 - Jul 30 by Slugster664

At this moment in time, I'm gutted I renewed my Season Ticket...last season I think, can't keep doing this to myself. Didn't enjoy last season, can't see this one being any better.

Through thick and thin. Just give it up now, maybe a younger supporter who's desperate to get in will have more balls.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

What are our new investors doing? on 23:37 - Jul 30 with 1573 viewsSlugster664

What are our new investors doing? on 22:48 - Jul 30 by Banosswan

Through thick and thin. Just give it up now, maybe a younger supporter who's desperate to get in will have more balls.

What you mean,more balls?

STID

What are our new investors doing? on 23:40 - Jul 30 with 1557 viewsGowerjack

If only there was a financial year end coming up soon, so the club could attempt to maximise the profits made in that financial year without spending any money back out, to avoid putting fees through the P&L (reducing the profit for the year), so that new owners, with enough votes to do so, could theoretically declare themselves a chunky dividend to immediately claw back some of the purchase price.

In all seriousness, we can hope that they are not the sort to do that, but if I was investing in something I didn't much care about, I might think of doing it. And I'd put the money I'd taken out as a dividend back into the company the next day as a loan, with interest. Then I'd buy the players I needed, making a loss next year with the fees and amortisation which I'd roll back against this year's profits for tax purposes.

If we had sold Ayew before tomorrow, I'd be concerned that was exactly what they were doing incidentally.

Lisa

Or another player?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What are our new investors doing? on 23:53 - Jul 30 with 1499 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well they may have not got Ayew in there, but they may have got Williams in there instead.

It stinks really doesnt it.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What are our new investors doing? on 23:57 - Jul 30 with 1467 viewsmajorraglan

What are our new investors doing? on 23:40 - Jul 30 by Gowerjack

Lisa

Or another player?

Lisa, reading your post again has filled me with real concern for the future. If there is a big dividend pay out, then hopefully it will give the Trust some additional reserves for the future, as I think it will be needed.

The "investment" could be the clubs own money being lent back to it!

Interesting times ahead!
What are our new investors doing? on 00:03 - Jul 31 with 1447 viewsDarran

What are our new investors doing? on 23:57 - Jul 30 by majorraglan

Lisa, reading your post again has filled me with real concern for the future. If there is a big dividend pay out, then hopefully it will give the Trust some additional reserves for the future, as I think it will be needed.

The "investment" could be the clubs own money being lent back to it!

Interesting times ahead!

I will say this once again.

I will never forget this recent period and will always be disappointed beyond belief that HJ,LD,MM & JVZ haven't looked after the Trust.

I have no grudge against any person that put money in to save us but they've got short f*cking memories.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What are our new investors doing? on 00:11 - Jul 31 with 1401 viewsGowerjack

What are our new investors doing? on 00:03 - Jul 31 by Darran

I will never forget this recent period and will always be disappointed beyond belief that HJ,LD,MM & JVZ haven't looked after the Trust.

I have no grudge against any person that put money in to save us but they've got short f*cking memories.

Yep

That's about the size of it.

#judas

Something unique in modern football sold for the proverbial 50 pieces of silver.

RIP SCFC

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What are our new investors doing? on 00:35 - Jul 31 with 1355 viewsmajorraglan

What are our new investors doing? on 00:03 - Jul 31 by Darran

I don't have any inside information on what's happened over the last 8 months, all I know is what I have read on the various forums, but it certainly appears there have been been underhand and shoddy activity. Maybe it will all come out one day, and then we will see in who we could trust.

I don't blame people for wanting to cash in and secure their families long term futures, but as you say I am sure there was scope look after the Trust.

From where I am sitting now, going in to the new season it looks like it's going to be a hard slog.
What are our new investors doing? on 01:32 - Jul 31 with 1283 viewsdameedna

What are our new investors doing? on 00:35 - Jul 31 by majorraglan

I don't have any inside information on what's happened over the last 8 months, all I know is what I have read on the various forums, but it certainly appears there have been been underhand and shoddy activity. Maybe it will all come out one day, and then we will see in who we could trust.

I don't blame people for wanting to cash in and secure their families long term futures, but as you say I am sure there was scope look after the Trust.

From where I am sitting now, going in to the new season it looks like it's going to be a hard slog.

We're going in with routs Barrow Montero and dyer as our 4 wingers. Under Guidolin I think they'll be better than last season. Or i hope so as i think it's key to have better wing play than last season. I can't see any of them leaving and it allows us to focus on recruiting a goal scorer off eder Gomis and Paloschi wages which will happen.
What are our new investors doing? on 05:37 - Jul 31 with 1184 viewsdobjack2

What are our new investors doing? on 01:32 - Jul 31 by dameedna

We're going in with routs Barrow Montero and dyer as our 4 wingers. Under Guidolin I think they'll be better than last season. Or i hope so as i think it's key to have better wing play than last season. I can't see any of them leaving and it allows us to focus on recruiting a goal scorer off eder Gomis and Paloschi wages which will happen.

A goalscorer?

I would suggest 2 goalscorers, plus replacements for ash and ayew as seems likely both will go and maybe one for gylfi as well. Of course nobody knows we are desperate for players so we'll be able to get quality replacements for them on the cheap.

Then all we have to do is get them up and running and integrated with the squad ready for the start of the season.

If this Trimming of the squad and shipping out our highest earners continues it will become a classic American sporting "fire sale."

Everything may turn out ok and a cull and infusion of new quality players (assuming we do actually get some) may be just what we need. Alternatively we may become the next Blackpool.
What are our new investors doing? on 07:54 - Jul 31 with 1162 viewsPhaedrus

What are our new investors doing? on 22:46 - Jul 30 by Slugster664

Thats the spirit. You certainly have the vertebrae of a slug.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

What are our new investors doing? on 08:09 - Jul 31 with 1143 viewsSlugster664

What are our new investors doing? on 07:54 - Jul 31 by Phaedrus

Thats the spirit. You certainly have the vertebrae of a slug.

Why's that? Because I feel as if I've wasted my money?

STID

What are our new investors doing? on 08:23 - Jul 31 with 1118 viewsraynor94

What are our new investors doing? on 08:09 - Jul 31 by Slugster664

Why's that? Because I feel as if I've wasted my money?

It's not about money, it's about the love of your club, you do it whatever the circumstances

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What are our new investors doing? on 09:00 - Jul 31 with 1066 viewsSlugster664

What are our new investors doing? on 08:23 - Jul 31 by raynor94

It's not about money, it's about the love of your club, you do it whatever the circumstances

Oh is it...thanks for your opinion. But I think I will do as I feel, not what a few buffoons on this poor football forum think.

STID

What are our new investors doing? on 09:18 - Jul 31 with 1016 viewsTreforys_Jack

What are our new investors doing? on 09:00 - Jul 31 by Slugster664

Oh is it...thanks for your opinion. But I think I will do as I feel, not what a few buffoons on this poor football forum think.

Sell your season if that's the way you feel. Someone would probably be grateful as there doesn't seem to be any movement on expansion.
What are our new investors doing? on 09:31 - Jul 31 with 987 viewsWxmJax

What are our new investors doing? on 00:11 - Jul 31 by Gowerjack

Yep

That's about the size of it.

#judas

Something unique in modern football sold for the proverbial 50 pieces of silver.

RIP SCFC

50 pieces of silver ?

Something else to blame on the Sky money coming in to the game.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024