Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are our new investors doing? 10:02 - Jul 30 with 11231 viewsSheffieldjack

Wolves are in for Anderson Talisca, a Brazilian striker, for £25 million. They are a Championship side who have just been backed by new investors. Meanwhile we are scraping the barrel with rumours about Peter Crouch and loan signings. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
What are our new investors doing? on 11:00 - Jul 30 with 1597 viewsraynor94

What are our new investors doing? on 10:56 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

I dont care what other teams have not done and i dont fall for all that cack.

You should only worry about yourself and what you do. If we didnt need anything then great but we need to get moving on what we require and get them bedded in to the team ASAP.

Seriously Daps do you honestly think we are not trying? As long as Gyfli and Ayew stay we will be fine, and I do think a striker will arrive before the window closes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What are our new investors doing? on 11:03 - Jul 30 with 1584 viewsmagicdaps10

What are our new investors doing? on 10:58 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

You do care what other clubs have done though. As per usual in every transfer window you've worked yourself up into a right old tizzy because you think other clubs are spending more and being more ambitious than we are.

Even in this very thread you're pointing to Wolves appointing Zenga and complaining that we seem stale whilst they're moving with the times. Your ability to completely contradict yourself within the space of a couple of sentences is Perchyesque.

It depends whether you care about what they have actually spent their cash on or you are using them as an example on their intentions.

I m not saying we go out and spend 20M on Mr Anderson from Benfica.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

What are our new investors doing? on 11:03 - Jul 30 with 1580 viewsSheffieldjack

What are our new investors doing? on 10:59 - Jul 30 by longlostjack

The question is whether the transfer budget is the same or less than last summer. So far the priority seem to be cutting the wage budget and Guido doesn't seem to be getting the backing that GM had. The next two weeks will tell.

Exactly! The mood music coming from Guido and Alan is sombre and downbeat. Not exactly helpful at this stage in the transfer market. "The next two weeks will tell." I really hope that we get our act together.
What are our new investors doing? on 11:06 - Jul 30 with 1564 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 11:03 - Jul 30 by Sheffieldjack

Exactly! The mood music coming from Guido and Alan is sombre and downbeat. Not exactly helpful at this stage in the transfer market. "The next two weeks will tell." I really hope that we get our act together.

All transfer business has been a bit slow because of the Euros. Added to that we're at a bit of a disadvantage because of the takeover, and also, perhaps mainly, because Jenkins has never been the most proficient transfer market operator.

Whilst I'm still (increasingly tentatively) in favour of leaving Huwbert in overall charge, the case for a radical revamp of our scouting and acqusitions dept is becoming almost watertight.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:07 - Jul 30 with 1561 viewsDarran

The question is whether the transfer budget is the same or less than last summer. So far the priority seem to be cutting the wage budget and Guido doesn't seem to be getting the backing that GM had. The next two weeks will tell.

The same or less than last summer?

Where the f*cks the money then we're supposed to be getting £150million this season why can't we spend £30million?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What are our new investors doing? on 11:07 - Jul 30 with 1558 viewsmagicdaps10

What are our new investors doing? on 11:00 - Jul 30 by raynor94

Seriously Daps do you honestly think we are not trying? As long as Gyfli and Ayew stay we will be fine, and I do think a striker will arrive before the window closes

I would hope we are. We need to get moving on it that is for sure!

What worries me is that we dont get the deals over the lines for the players that will benefit us and we end up with Crouch or someone else who is just a panic buy.
We need to realise that the market is inflated at present and we need to push that little extra financially to get what we need.............we have too pay the going rate whether we like it or not.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:09 - Jul 30 with 1544 viewsmagicdaps10

Out of curiosity, how much did we spend in the last two windows?

AND

What did we make with incomes in those two windows?

What are our new investors doing? on 11:12 - Jul 30 with 1527 viewsvetchonian

What are our new investors doing? on 11:09 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Out of curiosity, how much did we spend in the last two windows?

AND

What did we make with incomes in those two windows?

That was then this is now. The new era which was needed to take the club on. If it is still business as usual what was the point of the sale .......apart from to line individuals pockets

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

What are our new investors doing? on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 1482 viewslonglostjack

What are our new investors doing? on 11:07 - Jul 30 by Darran

The same or less than last summer?

Where the f*cks the money then we're supposed to be getting £150million this season why can't we spend £30million?

No idea. I don't think the new owners even own any shopping malls in the States that need financing.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What are our new investors doing? on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 1464 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 11:12 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

That was then this is now. The new era which was needed to take the club on. If it is still business as usual what was the point of the sale .......apart from to line individuals pockets

That was the point of the sale. The entire and only one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:26 - Jul 30 with 1452 viewsMattG

No concrete evidence for this suggestion but maybe Guidolin felt the squad was too big and would prefer to work more intensively with a smaller group. This would explain the trimming around the fringes (which - bar Gomis and Paloschi - is largely what it is).

And I am confident that, having let two first team strikers leave, we will be getting in at least one quality striker and at least one decent back-up sometime next week.
What are our new investors doing? on 11:30 - Jul 30 with 1433 viewsLoyal

I will give them to the end of next week then I think it's time to start the ball rolling.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What are our new investors doing? on 11:31 - Jul 30 with 1421 viewsHighjack

£25 million for Anderson Talisca? The world has gone mad.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What are our new investors doing? on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 1405 viewsJackofdreambeach

What are our new investors doing? on 11:06 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

All transfer business has been a bit slow because of the Euros. Added to that we're at a bit of a disadvantage because of the takeover, and also, perhaps mainly, because Jenkins has never been the most proficient transfer market operator.

Whilst I'm still (increasingly tentatively) in favour of leaving Huwbert in overall charge, the case for a radical revamp of our scouting and acqusitions dept is becoming almost watertight.

Euros and takeover should have been factored in and deals moved forward earlier. Reflects poorly on all involved. To be 2 friendly games away from Premier kick off with Mcburnie (a great prospect) the only striker is staggering. Would agree on the radical overhaul of scouting and acquisition resource. Many thought Gomis,Eder and Ayew was enough firepower last season. it fell well short. Would agree with Curt. Time for a major signing or two or three.
What are our new investors doing? on 11:36 - Jul 30 with 1401 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 11:35 - Jul 30 by Jackofdreambeach

Euros and takeover should have been factored in and deals moved forward earlier. Reflects poorly on all involved. To be 2 friendly games away from Premier kick off with Mcburnie (a great prospect) the only striker is staggering. Would agree on the radical overhaul of scouting and acquisition resource. Many thought Gomis,Eder and Ayew was enough firepower last season. it fell well short. Would agree with Curt. Time for a major signing or two or three.

Gomis, Eder and Ayew was enough firepower last season. It was management where we fell short.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:37 - Jul 30 with 1317 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What are our new investors doing? on 11:00 - Jul 30 by raynor94

You want to check out the Llorente thread..........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What are our new investors doing? on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 1316 viewsHighjack

What are our new investors doing? on 11:36 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Gomis, Eder and Ayew was enough firepower last season. It was management where we fell short.

And service to said firepower was lacking or non existent

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:45 - Jul 30 with 1289 viewsmagicdaps10

What are our new investors doing? on 11:38 - Jul 30 by Highjack

And service to said firepower was lacking or non existent

I think Ayew not being an out and out winger was a big issue early on in the season.

The way we set up was with wingers aiming to supply a frontman and Gilfy playing off the front man and linking play with the wingers. Ayew was intent on getting into the box and coming more centrally both with or without the ball.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:47 - Jul 30 with 1278 viewsMattG

What are our new investors doing? on 11:45 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

I think Ayew not being an out and out winger was a big issue early on in the season.

The way we set up was with wingers aiming to supply a frontman and Gilfy playing off the front man and linking play with the wingers. Ayew was intent on getting into the box and coming more centrally both with or without the ball.

If we signed Ayew on the understanding that he was an out-and-out winger then someone got their wires badly crossed.

Not saying it didn't happen, more that it shouldn't have.
What are our new investors doing? on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 1259 viewsDr_Winston

There was absolutely no intention of using wingers to supply a frontman. We always played far too narrow for that. Jack Cork was often the widest on the right FFS.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 1259 viewsmagicdaps10

What are our new investors doing? on 11:47 - Jul 30 by MattG

If we signed Ayew on the understanding that he was an out-and-out winger then someone got their wires badly crossed.

Not saying it didn't happen, more that it shouldn't have.

He was signed on the basis that we had to get more goals from other departments aside from the striker. It seems that they thought bringing him in as a winger would do that and it did, what they did not bank on was it would unbalance the team to the level it did.

Ayew will score goals so striker is his best position in our tem at present. Ayew's main aim in his head is to score and not create.

What are our new investors doing? on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 1244 viewsairedale

What are our new investors doing? on 11:24 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

That was the point of the sale. The entire and only one.

Disagree a bit there, if I had been in their position, coming from running a tin pot club to the glare and pressure of the PL, combined with their age and their business commitments outside the club, it would have been an opportunity too good to miss.

No disrespect to the previous incumbents, but they could have been construed as being out of their comfort zone (by a long way), and could justifiably thought that the business (club) would be better served by people with the wherewithal to run it to its maximum potential.
What are our new investors doing? on 11:59 - Jul 30 with 1224 viewsHighjack

The biggest issue was an out of form yet seemingly undroppable Jonjo Shelvey pinging constant 500 yard passes out of the stadium.

What are our new investors doing? on 13:01 - Jul 30 with 1070 viewsFlashberryjack

What are our new investors doing? on 10:51 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

It was clear from day one.

It certainly was,. it's just that some couldn't/wouldn't see it.

Basiically this club is a dead man walking, but not one that's will see a swift death at the hands of the executioner, but a slow lingering death as all the blood is sucked out of it .
RIP

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What are our new investors doing? on 13:23 - Jul 30 with 1015 viewsBorojack

What are our new investors doing? on 11:26 - Jul 30 by MattG

No concrete evidence for this suggestion but maybe Guidolin felt the squad was too big and would prefer to work more intensively with a smaller group. This would explain the trimming around the fringes (which - bar Gomis and Paloschi - is largely what it is).

And I am confident that, having let two first team strikers leave, we will be getting in at least one quality striker and at least one decent back-up sometime next week.

We let 3 first team strikers go Eder as well.
Skippys post re the players we have shipped out on the Gorre thread certainly got me thinking about asset stripping.
Worrying times.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024