Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are our new investors doing? 10:02 - Jul 30 with 11235 viewsSheffieldjack

Wolves are in for Anderson Talisca, a Brazilian striker, for £25 million. They are a Championship side who have just been backed by new investors. Meanwhile we are scraping the barrel with rumours about Peter Crouch and loan signings. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
What are our new investors doing? on 10:04 - Jul 30 with 5203 viewsjackjackjackjack

I think the more pertinent question is, what are Wolves' owners doing?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

What are our new investors doing? on 10:04 - Jul 30 with 5203 viewspencoedjack

Maybe the wrong people bought us
What are our new investors doing? on 10:18 - Jul 30 with 5107 viewsmagicdaps10

Walter Zenga has just been appointed their new coach.

Quite frustrating when you see these clubs moving with the times. We are taken over with promises and yet we still seem the stale Swansea..............worrying times.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

What are our new investors doing? on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 5057 viewsMurph75

What are our new investors doing? on 10:18 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Quite frustrating when you see these clubs moving with the times. We are taken over with promises and yet we still seem the stale Swansea..............worrying times.

I'd be a little more worried if Walter Zenga had just been appointed as our new manager.

We do need to sign some attack minded players though.
What are our new investors doing? on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 5063 viewsPhaedrus

What are our new investors doing? on 10:18 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Moving with the times
Maybe you should look at his management career(15 clubs in 17 years...wtf), and wait and see how he does before declaring it a success.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 10:24]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

What are our new investors doing? on 10:24 - Jul 30 with 5041 viewsmarchamjack

You call them 'investors'.

I haven't seen any investment in anything yet.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

What are our new investors doing? on 10:25 - Jul 30 with 5022 viewsdobjack2

Following the existing business plan.
What are our new investors doing? on 10:27 - Jul 30 with 5004 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 10:24 - Jul 30 by marchamjack

You call them 'investors'.

I haven't seen any investment in anything yet.

They've invested by buying a stake in the club.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

What are our new investors doing? on 10:28 - Jul 30 with 4992 viewsmagicdaps10

What are our new investors doing? on 10:22 - Jul 30 by Phaedrus

Moving with the times
Maybe you should look at his management career(15 clubs in 17 years...wtf), and wait and see how he does before declaring it a success.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 10:24]

It was more aimed at their move in the transfer market.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:31 - Jul 30 with 4953 viewsPhaedrus

What are our new investors doing? on 10:28 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

It was more aimed at their move in the transfer market.

They want to be where we are.
We are where we are.
What do we need to do to stay where we are? Probably not as much as those who are trying get where we are....(Championship is like an acid filled swimming pool full of exploding sharks.. difficult to get out of alive) If people want to risk ruin to get to the prem that is up to them.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 10:33]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

What are our new investors doing? on 10:35 - Jul 30 with 4910 viewsdobjack2

What are our new investors doing? on 10:27 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

If they believe the business model for recruitment is basically self- sustaining I.e. spend some of the sky money, sell a player every so often and get in someone cheaper who will do the job why eould they want to spend their own money to do something different.

I expect them to look at commercial and marketing to improve income but that takes time.

It's time to smell the coffee for those that aren't already awake
What are our new investors doing? on 10:39 - Jul 30 with 4866 viewsraynor94

Hopefully not what Wolves investors are doing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What are our new investors doing? on 10:40 - Jul 30 with 4862 viewsicecoldjack

What are our new investors doing ? Fook all by the looks of it.

Shambles .
What are our new investors doing? on 10:46 - Jul 30 with 4819 viewsmagicdaps10

I think the problem with our club at present is the lack of anything at present.

New owners should be showing their intent from the start, especially when we have no strikers at the club. The fact that others clubs are showing some intent including championship clubs is not going to sit well with our fans.

It becomes insulting when time drags on and we are linked with a name like Peter Crouch.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:47 - Jul 30 with 4816 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 10:35 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

If they believe the business model for recruitment is basically self- sustaining I.e. spend some of the sky money, sell a player every so often and get in someone cheaper who will do the job why eould they want to spend their own money to do something different.

I expect them to look at commercial and marketing to improve income but that takes time.

It's time to smell the coffee for those that aren't already awake

Yup.

It's clear what their plan is (it also helps that they've basically said so). Let Huw carry on running the football side of the club as he always has done whilst they try and grow income and therefore increase the value of their investment by beefing up an obviously weak commercial side.

Anyone expecting massive spending on players has obviously not been paying attention.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:50 - Jul 30 with 4779 viewsairedale

What are our new investors doing? on 10:27 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Spot on. Going on from that though, and admitting I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, I get confused as to how things will operate in the future now that the club will be run as a money making enterprise.

What about any money we have in the bank, and money yet to come in from transfers?

Who will authorise expenditure on player purchase and wages, and where will this money come from? For instance, if a player cost £10mill and required finance from the board, would the Americans put in £6.8mill, the Trust £2.1mill and the others £1.1mill?

Who would, on the example of shared exposure above, buy and operate the stadium?
What are our new investors doing? on 10:51 - Jul 30 with 4774 viewsmagicdaps10

What are our new investors doing? on 10:47 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

It's clear what their plan is (it also helps that they've basically said so). Let Huw carry on running the football side of the club as he always has done whilst they try and grow income and therefore increase the value of their investment by beefing up an obviously weak commercial side.

Anyone expecting massive spending on players has obviously not been paying attention.

Well i think that is becoming very clear now.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:51 - Jul 30 with 4760 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 10:51 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Well i think that is becoming very clear now.

It was clear from day one.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:52 - Jul 30 with 4756 viewsvetchonian

What are our new investors doing? on 10:40 - Jul 30 by icecoldjack

What are our new investors doing ? Fook all by the looks of it.

Shambles .

It is a worry over a week since the ink on the takeover paperwork has dried and still no significant signing.

For a while I thought thinks would happen once the takeover was finalised but it doesn't look that way.

Yes most other teams haven't as yet been over busy but at least they do seem have had some activity or have definite links to targets all we are doing is having a fire sale.

If these were truly "investors" then surely we would be seeing some funds being injected to strengthen unless of course our DoF has advised them all is well and he has the transfer requirements in hand within our existing budget

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What are our new investors doing? on 10:54 - Jul 30 with 4735 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 10:50 - Jul 30 by airedale

Spot on. Going on from that though, and admitting I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, I get confused as to how things will operate in the future now that the club will be run as a money making enterprise.

What about any money we have in the bank, and money yet to come in from transfers?

Who will authorise expenditure on player purchase and wages, and where will this money come from? For instance, if a player cost £10mill and required finance from the board, would the Americans put in £6.8mill, the Trust £2.1mill and the others £1.1mill?

Who would, on the example of shared exposure above, buy and operate the stadium?

Suppose it depends on any shareholder agreements. No doubt someone on here will know more about the process.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 4729 viewssomersetsimon

It probably makes more sense to spend big on players to get out of the Championship than if you are a mid-table PL team. If Wolves get promoted then they could make that £25M and more. If our 'investors' gave us £25M extra, the best we are likely to do is finish a couple of places higher and get a couple of million extra in prize money.
What are our new investors doing? on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 4727 viewsmonmouth

It's quite touching the way some folk think anyone connected to the premier league, bar our Trust, would give a flying fack about "the fans'' and what they think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What are our new investors doing? on 10:56 - Jul 30 with 4719 viewsmagicdaps10

I dont care what other teams have not done and i dont fall for all that cack.

You should only worry about yourself and what you do. If we didnt need anything then great but we need to get moving on what we require and get them bedded in to the team ASAP.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 4693 viewsDr_Winston

What are our new investors doing? on 10:56 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

I dont care what other teams have not done and i dont fall for all that cack.

You should only worry about yourself and what you do. If we didnt need anything then great but we need to get moving on what we require and get them bedded in to the team ASAP.

You do care what other clubs have done though. As per usual in every transfer window you've worked yourself up into a right old tizzy because you think other clubs are spending more and being more ambitious than we are.

Even in this very thread you're pointing to Wolves appointing Zenga and complaining that we seem stale whilst they're moving with the times. Your ability to completely contradict yourself within the space of a couple of sentences is Perchyesque.

What are our new investors doing? on 10:59 - Jul 30 with 4685 viewslonglostjack

What are our new investors doing? on 10:47 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

The question is whether the transfer budget is the same or less than last summer. So far the priority seem to be cutting the wage budget and Guido doesn't seem to be getting the backing that GM had. The next two weeks will tell.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024