Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cultural enrichment of Swansea 17:10 - Jul 30 with 3001 viewsLohengrin

Those on the Council who encouraged the influx ought to be in the dock alongside this creature.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/asylum-seeker-jailed-for-12-years-for-ra

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:22 - Jul 30 with 1841 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea was instructed to take refugees Loh. This bloke was not one of them incidentally as he arrived illegally, so not as part of that programme.

The council have no choice when instructed, or do you expect to lose your public services?

People have got to stop using untruths to make political points.

It's fair enough to ask why illegal migrants are being allowed to stay for 5 years, but again, one assumes that is the Home Office, not the Council.

In cases like this, the guilty person should be immdiately deported back to their country of origin.
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:40 - Jul 30 with 1801 viewsexiledclaseboy

From what I remember from the last time we discussed this case on here, the victim is known or related to a long standing poster on the site. The worst kind of crime and something that no woman should have to suffer.

Poll: Tory leader

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:44 - Jul 30 with 1783 viewslondonlisa2001

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:40 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

From what I remember from the last time we discussed this case on here, the victim is known or related to a long standing poster on the site. The worst kind of crime and something that no woman should have to suffer.

Now you mention - I remember there being a connection.

It's an abhorrent case.
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:47 - Jul 30 with 1775 viewsshimmie

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:40 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

Well remembered mate. I'm happy with 12 years although I doubt she is. I've seen murderers get less but the sentence you get is very much dependent on what part of the country you live in. A fact that gets such little attention in the media and always surprises me.

What annoys me about the article is the pat on the back the swep are giving to swp. He was caught so quickly because he was a fu£kwit, not because their the f@cking Sweeney.

He gave her a dose during the attack as well, I'm not entirely sure why but o feel this should've been mentioned.
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:49 - Jul 30 with 1760 viewsexiledclaseboy

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:47 - Jul 30 by shimmie

Well remembered mate. I'm happy with 12 years although I doubt she is. I've seen murderers get less but the sentence you get is very much dependent on what part of the country you live in. A fact that gets such little attention in the media and always surprises me.

What annoys me about the article is the pat on the back the swep are giving to swp. He was caught so quickly because he was a fu£kwit, not because their the f@cking Sweeney.

He gave her a dose during the attack as well, I'm not entirely sure why but o feel this should've been mentioned.

How is she recovering, Shim?

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:49 - Jul 30 with 1757 viewslondonlisa2001

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:47 - Jul 30 by shimmie

On that last point Shimmie, thank God it wasn't something else. I mean that quite seriously.

I also hope she's receiving a lot of proper support. As I said, it's an abhorrent case.
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:53 - Jul 30 with 1736 viewsLohengrin

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:22 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

Swansea was instructed to take refugees Loh. This bloke was not one of them incidentally as he arrived illegally, so not as part of that programme.

The council have no choice when instructed, or do you expect to lose your public services?

People have got to stop using untruths to make political points.

It's fair enough to ask why illegal migrants are being allowed to stay for 5 years, but again, one assumes that is the Home Office, not the Council.

In cases like this, the guilty person should be immdiately deported back to their country of origin.

We ARE losing our public services, Lisa. Care for the elderly, as a stark example, is being pared to the bone in Swansea, Neath/Port Talbot yet there are seemingly funds available, from whatever part of the public purse, to house rodents like this. It drives people here up the wall.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:55 - Jul 30 with 1729 viewsshimmie

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:49 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

How is she recovering, Shim?

Well mate. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors & I'm sure it's a different story on some days. it was a 2 minute walk from her front door which isn't ideal. She's fine physically but that always heals quicker doesn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:57 - Jul 30 with 1717 viewsexiledclaseboy

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 17:55 - Jul 30 by shimmie

Well mate. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors & I'm sure it's a different story on some days. it was a 2 minute walk from her front door which isn't ideal. She's fine physically but that always heals quicker doesn't it?

Indeed. Hopefully she'll get some comfort from knowing the scumbag is behind bars for a good few years.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 18:07 - Jul 30 with 1688 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm unclear as to exactly what categories of asylum seekers/refugees are, or have been, accommodated in Swansea. My guess had been that we are not really involved in the vulnerable persons relocation scheme (VPRS) launched last year for pre-selected Syrian refugees, but have participated in earlier asylum-seeker dispersal schemes. Swansea is now in the top ten cities in the UK for asylum seekers per head of population. It comes in at number six with one asylum seeker per 272 people living in the city. The latest Home Office figures show that we currently have almost 900 asylum seekers receiving section 95 support. This will include illegal entrants who have applied for asylum status and so there are quite a few in Swansea who entered by irregular routes from Northern Europe. Swansea became a 'City of Sanctuary', a scheme that cities can opt to join, in 2012, and has a long history of receiving humanitarian migrants. This presumably means that in addition to the nearly 900 asylum seekers (awaiting a determination of eligibility for asylum), there are many residents who have been granted asylum status and are thus officially refugees. The thing I am not sure about is whether we have any migrants living here under the latest VPRS, who will be refugees on the basis of pre-entry screening in the Middle East. What is obvious though is that the City of Sanctuary thing does not just relate to pre-screened refugees.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 18:15]
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 18:50 - Jul 30 with 1614 viewsFlashberryjack

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 18:07 - Jul 30 by AnotherJohn

I'm unclear as to exactly what categories of asylum seekers/refugees are, or have been, accommodated in Swansea. My guess had been that we are not really involved in the vulnerable persons relocation scheme (VPRS) launched last year for pre-selected Syrian refugees, but have participated in earlier asylum-seeker dispersal schemes. Swansea is now in the top ten cities in the UK for asylum seekers per head of population. It comes in at number six with one asylum seeker per 272 people living in the city. The latest Home Office figures show that we currently have almost 900 asylum seekers receiving section 95 support. This will include illegal entrants who have applied for asylum status and so there are quite a few in Swansea who entered by irregular routes from Northern Europe. Swansea became a 'City of Sanctuary', a scheme that cities can opt to join, in 2012, and has a long history of receiving humanitarian migrants. This presumably means that in addition to the nearly 900 asylum seekers (awaiting a determination of eligibility for asylum), there are many residents who have been granted asylum status and are thus officially refugees. The thing I am not sure about is whether we have any migrants living here under the latest VPRS, who will be refugees on the basis of pre-entry screening in the Middle East. What is obvious though is that the City of Sanctuary thing does not just relate to pre-screened refugees.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 18:15]

Saw a couple of groups of what I assumed to be either Somalis or Eritreans hanging about and talking on their phones in the City center, they weren't doing anything, but I could imagine them being a tad intimidating at night.

Also saw 2 pairs of pickpockets in Debenhams and the Market, they were Eastern Europeans, what I didn't see was a policeman.

Not so sure about cultural enrichment myself.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:37 - Jul 30 with 1486 viewsexiledclaseboy

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 18:50 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

Saw a couple of groups of what I assumed to be either Somalis or Eritreans hanging about and talking on their phones in the City center, they weren't doing anything, but I could imagine them being a tad intimidating at night.

Also saw 2 pairs of pickpockets in Debenhams and the Market, they were Eastern Europeans, what I didn't see was a policeman.

I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 1472 viewsJackfath

I witnessed a group of around 10 early 20 year old burly eastern european men near the civic centre earlier today. They were drinking cans of beer. I was following a rather plump lady on her bike (the path was narrower at this point so I was waiting my chance to speed by) As she passed them one was very rude to her chasing after her making thrusting motions with his hips.

Not only was he an immigrant, but mentally disturbed too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 1453 viewsFlashberryjack

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:45 - Jul 30 by Jackfath

I witnessed a group of around 10 early 20 year old burly eastern european men near the civic centre earlier today. They were drinking cans of beer. I was following a rather plump lady on her bike (the path was narrower at this point so I was waiting my chance to speed by) As she passed them one was very rude to her chasing after her making thrusting motions with his hips.

How awful for you, you must have petrified ?

Hello

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 1446 viewsJackfath

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:57 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

How awful for you, you must have petrified ?

Is petrified a Pokemon?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 1436 viewsFlashberryjack

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:37 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

Greenwells Glory.

Hello

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 1436 viewsAnotherJohn

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:45 - Jul 30 by Jackfath

Presumably this group will have entered as EU citizens under freedom of movement and not as asylum seekers. I am not trying to excuse their behaviour, but just to say that we have immigrants who fall into several categories. I often go to the Sunday morning Strand car boot sale and several distinct groups turn up there, including a lot of Eastern Europeans. The overall number seems quite large.
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 21:04 - Jul 30 with 1424 viewsFlashberryjack

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:57 - Jul 30 by Jackfath

Is petrified a Pokemon?

What's a Pokemon, is it another word for having sex in Glasgow ?

Hello

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 21:04 - Jul 30 with 1424 viewsJackfath

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:59 - Jul 30 by AnotherJohn

Presumably this group will have entered as EU citizens under freedom of movement and not as asylum seekers. I am not trying to excuse their behaviour, but just to say that we have immigrants who fall into several categories. I often go to the Sunday morning Strand car boot sale and several distinct groups turn up there, including a lot of Eastern Europeans. The overall number seems quite large.

Watch out for the one who makes thrusting movements behind your back.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 21:05 - Jul 30 with 1413 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 20:59 - Jul 30 by AnotherJohn

So if they're legal, are they all in employment?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 21:06 - Jul 30 with 1409 viewsJackfath

I bet they didn't take their litter home either.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 10:52 - Jul 31 with 1219 viewsAnotherJohn

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 21:05 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

So if they're legal, are they all in employment?

This is another area it is quite hard to be precise about. It is said there are about 600,000 economically 'non-active' EU citizens in the UK, but this includes students, retired people, children and the disabled. My understanding is that EU citizens can come to the UK as job seekers and will then in practice have about six months to find work. They cannot claim job seekers' allowance in the first three months. After six months in the UK those who can show no realistic prospect of finding work and cannot support themselves can be removed. However, the number of people actually removed seems tiny. Some may be working in the 'black' economy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36449974

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-02-03/what-benefits-can-eu-migrants-claim/
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 10:54]
The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 11:10 - Jul 31 with 1198 viewsmax936

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 18:50 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

Funny you mentioning Debenhams was paying for an item in there yesterday afternoon and there was a distraught lady standing there with her husband and being supported by Staff, she went to the counter to pay for an item went into her bag to get her purse and it was gone, shocking.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 11:25 - Jul 31 with 1177 viewsDr_Winston

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 10:52 - Jul 31 by AnotherJohn

This is another area it is quite hard to be precise about. It is said there are about 600,000 economically 'non-active' EU citizens in the UK, but this includes students, retired people, children and the disabled. My understanding is that EU citizens can come to the UK as job seekers and will then in practice have about six months to find work. They cannot claim job seekers' allowance in the first three months. After six months in the UK those who can show no realistic prospect of finding work and cannot support themselves can be removed. However, the number of people actually removed seems tiny. Some may be working in the 'black' economy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36449974

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-02-03/what-benefits-can-eu-migrants-claim/
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 10:54]

You can't "remove" EU migrants. They can have potentially restricted access to benefits if, as you say, they don't find work after a certain period depending upon which benefits are being claimed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 11:29 - Jul 31 with 1167 viewsFlashberryjack

The cultural enrichment of Swansea on 11:10 - Jul 31 by max936

Funny you mentioning Debenhams was paying for an item in there yesterday afternoon and there was a distraught lady standing there with her husband and being supported by Staff, she went to the counter to pay for an item went into her bag to get her purse and it was gone, shocking.

Hardly shocking these days I'm afraid, but as a lot of it is committed by immigrants we mustn't talk about it.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024