Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit 08:15 - Aug 16 with 5385 viewsAndy1300

They recently cared for (in an amazing way) my grandson, he was born 11 weeks prem weighing just over 2lb 12oz.

The staff there do an amazing job with all the prem babies they care for.
They are desperate for supplies such as blankets, towels, prem clothing, nappies etc etc.

I have decided to challenge myself at the age of 52 to ride 100 miles to help the unit as much as I can, my son, the father of the baby, is also doing the ride with me, along with 4 of our friends and family.
Martyn is also doing a skydive the day after.

We are doing these events on bank holiday weekend, 27/28 August.
We have already raised over £1500 and would love to get to the 2k mark

Any donation to this wonderful cause would be greatly appreciated by not only the staff of the unit, but the parents and babies that will need the care and support of the unit in future.

Here is the link to my just giving page.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/andrew-john-1

Thanks in advance

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:44 - Aug 19 with 1608 viewshaxbyjack

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:56 - Aug 19 by Andy1300

A couple more donations, thanks to the following, you guys rock.
Clive and Lord Bony

My son needed the help of our local SPecial care baby unit when he was born, a monster at 11lb 3oz, without them he might not be here today, all amazing staff wherever they are. Good luck and donation made.

Plastic through and through, grounds to date! Lincoln City, Kidderminster Harriers, Macclesfield, Harlepool Utd, Northampton Town, York City, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Bristol Rovers, Bury, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Coventry, Bristol City, Crewe, Tranmere Rovers, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Oldham, Walsall, Swindon Town, Preston, BRadford City, Rotherham United, Peterborough Utd, Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Birmingham City, Doncaster Rovers ( old & new), Middlesbrough, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds Utd, Reading, Wigan Athletic, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, QPR, Blackpool, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull City, Fulham, Everton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Arsenal (old & new), Newcastle United, Scum, Norwich City, West Ham Utd, Stoke City (old & new), Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Wembley, Millenium & Malmo....... Manchester United, Darlington ( forgot them) To be continued.....

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 13:13 - Aug 19 with 1574 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:44 - Aug 19 by haxbyjack

My son needed the help of our local SPecial care baby unit when he was born, a monster at 11lb 3oz, without them he might not be here today, all amazing staff wherever they are. Good luck and donation made.

Many thanks.
So glad everything worked out for you

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 13:15 - Aug 19 with 1574 viewsAndy1300

More people to thank
Haxbyjack
Martin
Philswansfan
Libertyx
Thank you all so much
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 13:16]

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 14:45 - Aug 19 with 1555 viewsphilswansfan

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 13:15 - Aug 19 by Andy1300

More people to thank
Haxbyjack
Martin
Philswansfan
Libertyx
Thank you all so much
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 13:16]

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 19:17 - Aug 19 with 1522 viewsAndy1300

Thank you for your generous donation Pacemaker
Very much appreciated

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 20:59 - Aug 19 with 1499 viewsAndy1300

NeathJack, thank you so much for your generous donation.
Very much appreciated
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 21:00]

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:38 - Aug 20 with 1457 viewsSwaneeRiver

Well done guys - keep it going ....
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 19:01 - Aug 20 with 1437 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:38 - Aug 20 by SwaneeRiver

Well done guys - keep it going ....

I'm now up to £385 on my just giving page thanks to the generosity of you guys on here

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 08:16 - Aug 21 with 1421 viewsAndy1300

Feeling depressed after yesterday's poor performance?
Give yourself a lift, a donation of a quid or two will make you feel so much better knowing it's going to a worthwhile cause.
We never know when our own family members may need their services and loving care

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 17:00 - Aug 24 with 1370 viewsbuilthjack

£115 still to be raised. Anyone want to help this worthy cause?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 17:15 - Aug 24 with 1362 viewstrampie

Reading this thread is shocking, has the NHS always been the same ?, lack of pillows and blankets ?, that is a disgrace, a national disgrace.

Why don't people vote to pay more tax ?, what is wrong with this me, me, me society Britain has become ?

Like I have said many times Mrs Thatcher won the war ! and created NuLabour to go alongside her Conservative party, Wales could do a better job on its own than having to put up with this neoliberal sh*t.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 18:35 - Aug 24 with 1344 viewsJackfath

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 17:15 - Aug 24 by trampie

Reading this thread is shocking, has the NHS always been the same ?, lack of pillows and blankets ?, that is a disgrace, a national disgrace.

Why don't people vote to pay more tax ?, what is wrong with this me, me, me society Britain has become ?

Like I have said many times Mrs Thatcher won the war ! and created NuLabour to go alongside her Conservative party, Wales could do a better job on its own than having to put up with this neoliberal sh*t.

Have you donated to this cause?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 19:56 - Aug 26 with 1286 viewsAndy1300

i would just like to thank you guys that have donated to my fundraising page.
In less than 12 hours we will be starting our 100 mile ride.
When the going starts to get tough I will be spurred on by the generosity of some of you guys and the rest of my friends that have donated.

Let's hope the swans can do something positive tomorrow too

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 20:04 - Aug 26 with 1281 viewsJackfath

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 19:56 - Aug 26 by Andy1300

i would just like to thank you guys that have donated to my fundraising page.
In less than 12 hours we will be starting our 100 mile ride.
When the going starts to get tough I will be spurred on by the generosity of some of you guys and the rest of my friends that have donated.

Let's hope the swans can do something positive tomorrow too

Best wishes, weather looking favourable for you. I look forward to hearing how you get on. Is your route on strava or any other bike app?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 23:03 - Aug 26 with 1260 viewsbuilthjack

Good effort here

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 23:04 - Aug 26 with 1083 viewsLord_Bony

Aye good luck pal.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 23:13 - Sep 3 with 999 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 20:04 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Best wishes, weather looking favourable for you. I look forward to hearing how you get on. Is your route on strava or any other bike app?

Amazing ride with amazing riders.

107 miles in 6:52:47

Amazing riding over the bridge too

My just giving page has reached £600 thanks, in no small part, to you guys

Check out the ride on my strava page, Andrew John
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 21:29]

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:31 - Sep 4 with 951 viewsAndy1300

Thank you so much to the "fellow Swans fan" for the generous donation.

It's very much appreciated

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 08:40 - Sep 5 with 932 viewsmonmouth

Missed this thread. Well done Andy.

I was one of those very premature babies given little chance to survive in an incubator in the fifties. It is disgraceful that disgusting people like Green, Sugar and the rest can trouser millionbillions whilst a baby care unit has to beg for blankets. Is that the society we want? Jesus.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 918 viewsBatterseajack

Well done on the ride Andy. Just seen on Strava you were riding with Mark G. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few weeks ago when him and my old man popped up to London one Friday evening for some pints, pizzas and few stories. After bidding them farewell for the evening, they got up at 4:30am the following morning and cycled all the way back to Swansea on what must have been the worst weather to attempt this such a feat in the last 6 months. Not only was it pissing with rain, they were faced with headwinds the whole way back, peaking at 40mph! They didn't arrive at Swansea until 2am the following morning. Absolute nutters.

Anyways, seems from your photos you guys had a good time! Good effort, a 100 miles is not to be sniffed at!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 9:55]
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:47 - Sep 5 with 904 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 09:53 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

Well done on the ride Andy. Just seen on Strava you were riding with Mark G. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few weeks ago when him and my old man popped up to London one Friday evening for some pints, pizzas and few stories. After bidding them farewell for the evening, they got up at 4:30am the following morning and cycled all the way back to Swansea on what must have been the worst weather to attempt this such a feat in the last 6 months. Not only was it pissing with rain, they were faced with headwinds the whole way back, peaking at 40mph! They didn't arrive at Swansea until 2am the following morning. Absolute nutters.

Anyways, seems from your photos you guys had a good time! Good effort, a 100 miles is not to be sniffed at!

Your old man is a machine and kept Mark motivated

They are both great cyclists to be honest

We were so glad the weather was fine for our ride though

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:48 - Sep 5 with 902 viewsAndy1300

Thank you so much Monny for the generous donation

Very much appreciated

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:12 - Sep 5 with 858 viewsPacemaker

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 09:53 - Sep 5 by Batterseajack

I know your old man well totally off his head and always has been!

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:30 - Sep 5 with 846 viewsDewi1jack

Just had a look on here again.
Congratulations mate to all of you.
Must have been a total b'stard in those conditions.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024