Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit 08:15 - Aug 16 with 5416 viewsAndy1300

They recently cared for (in an amazing way) my grandson, he was born 11 weeks prem weighing just over 2lb 12oz.

The staff there do an amazing job with all the prem babies they care for.
They are desperate for supplies such as blankets, towels, prem clothing, nappies etc etc.

I have decided to challenge myself at the age of 52 to ride 100 miles to help the unit as much as I can, my son, the father of the baby, is also doing the ride with me, along with 4 of our friends and family.
Martyn is also doing a skydive the day after.

We are doing these events on bank holiday weekend, 27/28 August.
We have already raised over £1500 and would love to get to the 2k mark

Any donation to this wonderful cause would be greatly appreciated by not only the staff of the unit, but the parents and babies that will need the care and support of the unit in future.

Here is the link to my just giving page.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/andrew-john-1

Thanks in advance

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 08:45 - Aug 16 with 3953 viewsAndy1300

Thank you so much for your generous donation, you know who you are 👍😄⚽️⚽️🚴🏼🚴🏼

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 3896 viewsAndy1300

And to the other guys that have generously donated, thank you very much
It is appreciated

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 13:57 - Aug 16 with 3852 viewsbuilthjack

I hope PlanetSwans posters help get you to your target.
Could a bucket collection be done on Saturday too?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 18:24 - Aug 16 with 3795 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 13:57 - Aug 16 by builthjack

I hope PlanetSwans posters help get you to your target.
Could a bucket collection be done on Saturday too?

I couldn't arrange that, there are so many hoops to jump through
Thanks so much for your donation though

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 18:42 - Aug 16 with 3786 viewsAndy1300

Thank you so much to those of you that have donated so generously, we never know when we will need the services of the fantastic staff and the unit so any amount, no matter how small will go towards making a difference.
Once again, thank you
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 6:44]

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 20:24 - Aug 16 with 3757 viewsDarran

This is a wonderful thread and I will be making a donation but the comment "They are desperate for supplies such as blankets, towels, prem clothing, nappies etc etc" is stomach churning.
What the f*ck has this country come to if a special care baby unit is desperate for that?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:03 - Aug 16 with 3752 viewsbuilthjack

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 20:24 - Aug 16 by Darran

This is a wonderful thread and I will be making a donation but the comment "They are desperate for supplies such as blankets, towels, prem clothing, nappies etc etc" is stomach churning.
What the f*ck has this country come to if a special care baby unit is desperate for that?

Believe me Darran, I have a few relatives who have been in hospital a lot over the last year or so, and hospitals are really like that these days. Sad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:06 - Aug 16 with 3746 viewsDarran

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:03 - Aug 16 by builthjack

Believe me Darran, I have a few relatives who have been in hospital a lot over the last year or so, and hospitals are really like that these days. Sad.

You don't need to tell me about hospitals my friend but a special care baby unit like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:09 - Aug 16 with 3745 viewsbuilthjack

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:06 - Aug 16 by Darran

You don't need to tell me about hospitals my friend but a special care baby unit like.

Yes, units like that should have everything in place. But haven't unfortunately.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:11 - Aug 16 with 3735 viewslifelong

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 20:24 - Aug 16 by Darran

I have to agree, exactly the same thoughts crossed my mind.
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:25 - Aug 16 with 3722 viewsJackfath

£35 from Planet Swans.

Really?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 06:38 - Aug 17 with 3684 viewsbuilthjack

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:25 - Aug 16 by Jackfath

£35 from Planet Swans.

Really?

Poor show. Come on Planet Swans people, stick a fiver in.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 22:34 - Aug 17 with 3630 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 06:38 - Aug 17 by builthjack

Poor show. Come on Planet Swans people, stick a fiver in.

Massive thanks to the last 3 donations from planet swans posters.
Unfortunately Darran, that's the grim reality of the NHS these days
It's disgusting.
My online page is up tom£200 now thanks to some of you guys, I have also got nearly £200 from sponsor forms

Once again thank you so much

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 22:32 - Aug 18 with 3577 viewsbuilthjack

Any more for any more?

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 00:14 - Aug 19 with 3553 viewsDewi1jack

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 22:32 - Aug 18 by builthjack

Any more for any more?

Aye.
Morriston SBCU (prior to Singleton Maternity for the young'uns) did a cracking job in trying to save my daughter (1989).
She was just too ill to be flown to Cardiff for her life saving op.
Unit was short of gear including incubators back then as well.
Darren is right that the shortage of equipment is scandalous, especially when we consider how much money all governments and public service departments waste.

Best of luck Andy.
Hope the weather is decent.

C'mon everyone. Chuck a couple of quid in and get him up to at least a £1000

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 04:11 - Aug 19 with 3542 viewsLord_Bony

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 00:14 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

Aye.
Morriston SBCU (prior to Singleton Maternity for the young'uns) did a cracking job in trying to save my daughter (1989).
She was just too ill to be flown to Cardiff for her life saving op.
Unit was short of gear including incubators back then as well.
Darren is right that the shortage of equipment is scandalous, especially when we consider how much money all governments and public service departments waste.

Best of luck Andy.
Hope the weather is decent.

C'mon everyone. Chuck a couple of quid in and get him up to at least a £1000

I agree,these prem baby units do an amazing job.

My youngest son was born early weighing just under 3lbs. He was immediately put in an incubator and fed his mums milk through a tube in his nose.

Today he is a normal,healthy 7 year old with no problems whatsoever....all thanks to one of these units.

Give something folks to this very worthwhile cause. ( Been trying to log in to donate since Sunday but can't remember my password)

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 05:04 - Aug 19 with 3533 viewsSwaneeRiver

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 21:03 - Aug 16 by builthjack

Likewise. My wife was in hospital twice at the end of last year and the lack of basics (pillows, spare sheets to make up beds), as well as staff to accompany patients to toilet and shower (not the staff's fault, just lack of them) made us seriously look at going private in the future.
Very sad.
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 05:05 - Aug 19 with 3531 viewsSwaneeRiver

Donated done - far easier than riding 1 mile let alone 100 miles ! Well done fella
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 06:42 - Aug 19 with 3510 viewsAndy1300

A few moe donations from planet swans, amazing, thank you guys.

I have asked most if they mind me mentioning them on her and have either said yes or not replied either way so I will take that as I'm good to go.
So massive shout out to the following people:
Jackfath
Builth Jack
Lifelong
Cooperman
Gearing Jenkins (I assume is from here)
Darran
Chris
Dewi
Anonymous.
I'm now up to £230 online so only about £70 away from my online targe when you include sponsor sheets I have out as well.
Once again, massive thanks guys, you're all amazing
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 7:04]

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:05 - Aug 19 with 3496 viewsSwaneeRiver

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 06:42 - Aug 19 by Andy1300

A few moe donations from planet swans, amazing, thank you guys.

I have asked most if they mind me mentioning them on her and have either said yes or not replied either way so I will take that as I'm good to go.
So massive shout out to the following people:
Jackfath
Builth Jack
Lifelong
Cooperman
Gearing Jenkins (I assume is from here)
Darran
Chris
Dewi
Anonymous.
I'm now up to £230 online so only about £70 away from my online targe when you include sponsor sheets I have out as well.
Once again, massive thanks guys, you're all amazing
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 7:04]

Anon was me - I'm the shy retiring type !
Come on the rest of you dig deep now - a couple of insipid pints and a soggy pasty at the Liberty won't be missed for one day !
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 7:06]
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:09 - Aug 19 with 3490 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:05 - Aug 19 by SwaneeRiver

Anon was me - I'm the shy retiring type !
Come on the rest of you dig deep now - a couple of insipid pints and a soggy pasty at the Liberty won't be missed for one day !
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 7:06]

Thanks Swanee, much appreciated.

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:12 - Aug 19 with 3490 viewsSwaneeRiver

Just put it on my Facebook page, so my two friends (plus the 100's of hangers on!)might give as well now
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:32 - Aug 19 with 3474 views3swan

Not Singleton, but in 1979, a different unit and they were amazing and dedicated.

As others have said, in this day and age it shouldn't need fund raising, but we have to face reality.

Hope more donate and you blast your target
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 7:44]
I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:53 - Aug 19 with 3449 viewsAndy1300

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:12 - Aug 19 by SwaneeRiver

Just put it on my Facebook page, so my two friends (plus the 100's of hangers on!)might give as well now

Much appreciated

Number 1 team in Wales

I'm riding 100 miles to raise funds for singleton special care baby unit on 07:56 - Aug 19 with 3446 viewsAndy1300

A couple more donations, thanks to the following, you guys rock.
Clive and Lord Bony

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024