Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit trade deals 08:41 - Aug 17 with 6957 viewswestside

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/17/brexit-trade-deals-gruelling-ch
Brexit trade deals on 18:22 - Oct 27 with 880 viewspikeypaul

Brexit trade deals on 18:11 - Oct 27 by johnlangy

The economic growth is in Financial Services. All other sectors are down.

The service sector also known as the Tertiary sector is the sector that has risen,this includes such things as restaurants,entertainment ,etc. Not just financial services.

But don't tell that to the remoaners they really want EVERYTHING to decline so they can say told you so.They must have been gutted this morning with the growth figures.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 18:26]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit trade deals on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 848 viewsLeonisGod

Brexit trade deals on 13:51 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

Saying nations negotiating deals with us now is "illegal" is farcical; would not be a criminal act.

Australia, like no doubt other nations, are just spouting the official line to appease EU whilst conducting talks via back channels.

sorry, that's bollox. Technically it is correct that we can't negotiate bilateral trade deals until we exit the EU (not possible under EU law). That's the situation as it stands. of course that could change if the other EU member states agree, as we're in new territory. But there's no sign of such discussions yet, and probably wouldn't be until we invoke Article 50.
Brexit trade deals on 19:57 - Oct 27 with 836 viewsblueytheblue

Brexit trade deals on 19:37 - Oct 27 by LeonisGod

sorry, that's bollox. Technically it is correct that we can't negotiate bilateral trade deals until we exit the EU (not possible under EU law). That's the situation as it stands. of course that could change if the other EU member states agree, as we're in new territory. But there's no sign of such discussions yet, and probably wouldn't be until we invoke Article 50.

Under EU law - it's not criminal law ergo not "illegal" surely?

Reality is of course we're talking to other nations and of course they are talking to us - via backchannels. It's utterly naive to believe otherwise. Broad details will be spoken about; no deal will be announced pre Article 50 being invoked, obviously - but frameworks will have been informally agreed before then. Less the chaotic Brexit Labour want to paint and more "getting ducks in a row before flipping Juncker et al the bird".

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Brexit trade deals on 19:59 - Oct 27 with 836 viewsLeonisGod

Brexit trade deals on 15:45 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

Would the answer be "No"?

Interesting economic growth is higher than predicted. A mate was saying "yeah but we've not left EU yet". The point was that economic growth has been higher than that predicted after a leave vote - not after actually leaving.

Again, you're missing the point. Deliberately I suspect just to score points. The treasury, headed by that c*nt gideon, predicted gloom and doom. As with a lot of what the Tories said leading up to the referendum (and in general it seems since the coalition), you can ignore that as rubbish. These figures should be compared against pre-referendum campaigning figures to gauage the impact of the referendum.

So, for example, we had OBR forecasts for 2016 of 2.2% and a slightly more optimistic COC prediction of 2.5%. So far we've had a Q1 of 0.4%? Growth, Q2 of +0.7%, and now a provisional Q3 of +0.5%. So we've had a slight slowdown compared to the previous Q, but we're broadly on track to approx meet the pre-referendum hysteria prediction.

Lessons learnt?
1. On average, the economy has been able to ride out the shock of the referendum in the first (mainly) 2 months
2. Osbourne and Cameron were tvvats (but we didn't need these results to confirm that).
Brexit trade deals on 20:00 - Oct 27 with 832 viewsLeonisGod

Brexit trade deals on 19:57 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

Under EU law - it's not criminal law ergo not "illegal" surely?

Reality is of course we're talking to other nations and of course they are talking to us - via backchannels. It's utterly naive to believe otherwise. Broad details will be spoken about; no deal will be announced pre Article 50 being invoked, obviously - but frameworks will have been informally agreed before then. Less the chaotic Brexit Labour want to paint and more "getting ducks in a row before flipping Juncker et al the bird".

If it's not legal, what's the opposite?
Brexit trade deals on 20:04 - Oct 27 with 825 viewsblueytheblue

Brexit trade deals on 20:00 - Oct 27 by LeonisGod

If it's not legal, what's the opposite?

May be barking up the wrong tree, but doesn't "illegal" refer to criminal law as opposed to civil law? Britain openly negotiating prior to Article 50 would be a breach of contract...

Brexit trade deals on 22:58 - Oct 27 with 797 viewsbuilthjack

Brexit trade deals on 18:04 - Oct 27 by pikeypaul

Q4 2008 €/£ was around 1.04 and it then rose to around the 1.40 mark within 5 years.

And let's remember when we were getting €1.04 per £ sterling I think we were firmly in the EU.

I hope the guy lowered his prices accordingly when his feed cost lowered by 33% or did he just pocket the extra profit?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 18:05]

He, and the rest of the industry, do.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brexit trade deals on 23:56 - Oct 27 with 788 viewsHighjack

Brexit trade deals on 20:04 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

May be barking up the wrong tree, but doesn't "illegal" refer to criminal law as opposed to civil law? Britain openly negotiating prior to Article 50 would be a breach of contract...

Well judge rinder can sort it out then.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit trade deals on 23:58 - Oct 27 with 787 viewsblueytheblue

Brexit trade deals on 23:56 - Oct 27 by Highjack

Well judge rinder can sort it out then.

He's not a judge.

Unlike Judge Judy, who is.

Brexit trade deals on 00:26 - Oct 28 with 777 viewsHighjack

Brexit trade deals on 23:58 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

He's not a judge.

Unlike Judge Judy, who is.

His name is judge rinder. He has to be a fu cking judge or his parents were just taking the piss.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Brexit trade deals on 07:41 - Oct 28 with 746 viewsbuilthjack

Brexit trade deals on 00:26 - Oct 28 by Highjack

His name is judge rinder. He has to be a fu cking judge or his parents were just taking the piss.

He's not

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brexit trade deals on 08:35 - Oct 28 with 734 viewspikeypaul

Brexit trade deals on 00:26 - Oct 28 by Highjack

His name is Robert Rinder and he's a criminal barrister.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit trade deals on 08:42 - Oct 28 with 725 viewsHighjack

Judge must be his middle name then.

Brexit trade deals on 09:38 - Oct 28 with 710 viewsperchrockjack

Brexit trade deals on 08:42 - Oct 28 by Highjack

Judge must be his middle name then.

Seems Nissan ok with it, but labour whining .

7000 jobs secured.

Wish Swansea still had a Ford plant employing 7000.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Brexit trade deals on 17:24 - Oct 28 with 669 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brexit trade deals on 15:54 - Aug 18 by Lohengrin

There is an upside to all this, I suppose. Perhaps the cradle of the industrial revolution may actually start to make things again, make them primarily for the home market.

The right don't want this though. It will empower the plebs. Thatcher's work would be undone!
I would love to see factories sprouting up all over the country making stuff again. We nneed a productive, competitive and well paid blue collar sector . The counntry would be reborn with all that tax revenue.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brexit trade deals on 17:26 - Oct 28 with 665 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brexit trade deals on 11:52 - Oct 27 by yescomeon

Thought I'd bump this rather than make a new thread. Just came across this today. The Australian government think it would be illegal to negotiate a trade deal with the UK until it has formally left the EU. I assume the same would apply to all countries then right?

End of the article was interesting too:

"Senior members of the Australian administration hope any post-Brexit deal with Britain will include permission for Australian financial service companies to expand to the UK, according to The Times, plus privileged access to labour markets for Australian workers, which, ironically, would mean more immigration to the UK."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-liam-fox-eu-australia-trade-deals-2016-10

Hey, I'm up for that if it's a two way street . And I no longer have to resort to stealing horses to get a ticket there

Brexit trade deals on 17:29 - Oct 28 with 662 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brexit trade deals on 14:42 - Oct 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

practising ones?

I've been a practising Catholic for years. I'm getting really good at it now.................

Brexit trade deals on 17:44 - Oct 28 with 659 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brexit trade deals on 00:23 - Aug 19 by Kerouac

Rod Liddle was good on tonight's Newsnight, he was mocking the Labour Party but touched on Europe as he was filming in Middlesboro (a Brexit heartland).
The working class in this country have called "bull-shit!" on the claims made for the European Union in this country.
The people who benefit from our membership of the EU want to make out we have 17 million "bigots" in this country but this is obviously not so.
The "no" vote was entirely logical .

What people want is what they always want; a good job, their own house and a decent standard of living...AND THE SAME FOR THEIR CHILDREN.
The working class of this country do not wish to make an already competitive economic environment even more competitive for their children...and they could easily see that the mess European politicians have made of the Eurozone economies was going to lead to hundreds of thousands of skilled/educated/unemployed/English speaking European young people seeking work here (on top of the already huge number of unskilled labour that has been coming in from Eastern Europe).

I'm going to risk a Cantona moment now;
When the rooks see an Owl (a natural predator of their young) move into the neighbourhood they do not welcome him in with open wings. They chase him off, sometimes violently.
A rook who did the opposite would be, at best, one confused rook

I see that unemployment is down and retail spending in July (the month following our rejection of the EU) was 6% up on the previous July...1.6% up on June 2016 also.
Also a retail property auction in London in July sold most of it's lots for higher prices than expected.
Some serious people backing the outlook for a post Brexit economy.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 0:41]

I'm very proud of ehat the country has had the courage to do, namely stick to fingers up at the global capitalists . Obama and his interference with his assertion "Britain will be at the back of the queue"in trade negotiations really convinced me (and the fact Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan were financially backing the Remain campain ) 6old me where all the benefit of the UK remaining in the EU was going to be reaped.

Jobs with low pay would be abundant and the poverty gap would just grow and grow.

Brexit trade deals on 02:26 - Oct 29 with 605 viewsEbo

Brexit trade deals on 09:38 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

Seems Nissan ok with it, but labour whining .

7000 jobs secured.

Wish Swansea still had a Ford plant employing 7000.

Sounds like a 'sweetener' was involved here Perch. The government are denying it but we've been lied to many a time before by this government. It's right to question it though as how many more 'assurances' will this government dish out and who is footing the bill?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Brexit trade deals on 14:59 - Oct 29 with 573 viewsyescomeon

Brexit trade deals on 17:44 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm very proud of ehat the country has had the courage to do, namely stick to fingers up at the global capitalists . Obama and his interference with his assertion "Britain will be at the back of the queue"in trade negotiations really convinced me (and the fact Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan were financially backing the Remain campain ) 6old me where all the benefit of the UK remaining in the EU was going to be reaped.

Jobs with low pay would be abundant and the poverty gap would just grow and grow.

I really don't see how brexit is sticking two fingers up at global capitalists. More like pulling our trousers down for them. (say this as people who voted leave say we don't need to worry about Europe as we will trade with the rest of the world, and this is sticking two fingers up to global capitalists and not inviting them in how?)

Upthecity!

Brexit trade deals on 17:22 - Oct 29 with 550 viewsAnotherJohn

Brexit trade deals on 14:59 - Oct 29 by yescomeon

I really don't see how brexit is sticking two fingers up at global capitalists. More like pulling our trousers down for them. (say this as people who voted leave say we don't need to worry about Europe as we will trade with the rest of the world, and this is sticking two fingers up to global capitalists and not inviting them in how?)

Bizarre to take that view when you consider the individuals and organisations that lined up behind Remain. Can you think of anybody who might be taken to support 'global capitalism' who campaigned for leave? The Tories who did are a mixture of 'one nation' types and careerists.
Brexit trade deals on 17:37 - Oct 29 with 530 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The EU was negotiating massive trade agreements with the US and Canada which would have opened the door for corporations to sue governments at will .We can now at least negotiate on our own behalf

Brexit trade deals on 17:40 - Oct 29 with 525 viewsLeonisGod

Brexit trade deals on 17:22 - Oct 29 by AnotherJohn

Bizarre to take that view when you consider the individuals and organisations that lined up behind Remain. Can you think of anybody who might be taken to support 'global capitalism' who campaigned for leave? The Tories who did are a mixture of 'one nation' types and careerists.

The vast majority of politicians are careerists, whichever side they campaigned for. People voted for Leave or Remain according to their vested interests, so your hated capitalists were spread across both camps. Boris is as pro-capitalist as it comes.

Over 300 here publically campaigned for Leave, including key figures in Goldman Sachs, Sony, Superdrug, British American Tobacco. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/05/15/letters-britains-competitiveness-i

If you think that leaving the EU will take us away from capitalism I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. Anyone who protest voted for a 'fairer society' wasted their vote. May isn't anyone's fairy godmother.
Brexit trade deals on 17:40 - Oct 29 with 525 viewsexiledclaseboy

I still remain unconvinced we'll ever actually leave the EU, at least in the way most leave voters expected us to. There's very little appetite for it in the corridors of power, even among many of the most prominent leave campaigners.

Still, Brexit means Brexit and we're going to make a success of it. Repeat ad nauseum.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit trade deals on 17:42 - Oct 29 with 524 viewssherpajacob

Our new brexit PM seems determined to thwart these global capitalists.

Fracking allowed and encouraged
Caved into food industry lobby to abandon sugar tax
Heathrow expansion.
Behind closed doors deal with Nissan.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024