Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit trade deals 08:41 - Aug 17 with 6948 viewswestside

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/17/brexit-trade-deals-gruelling-ch
Brexit trade deals on 20:39 - Aug 21 with 1018 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit trade deals on 20:37 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

"indigenous people" ?

Yes, that's what I said.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit trade deals on 21:04 - Aug 21 with 1002 viewsHighjack

"indigenous people" ?

He means 'whiteys'

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit trade deals on 21:05 - Aug 21 with 1001 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit trade deals on 21:04 - Aug 21 by Highjack

He means 'whiteys'

No he doesn't.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit trade deals on 21:12 - Aug 21 with 995 viewsLord_Bony

Brexit trade deals on 17:00 - Aug 18 by deanscfc

I didn't see them predict a recession beforehand. They said it would be bad for the economy which it is. If you look back at the reports when they downgraded our countries credit rating, they said similar...i.e.a slowing of growth.

Here's another from today about the confidence from our very own banks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/treasury-document-major-banks-post

As an aside, one of the comments on that article makes depressing reading:

"Today the £ = €1,16. Then you have to pay the commission charges, meaning that the £ has now reached effective parity with the € if you use an airport Bureau de Change.
Things are really looking up for you, aren't they..."
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 17:03]

Pound to Euro will very unlikely drop below 1.11 according to most analysts...a figure we ve been at before.

People should understand that sterling is a very weak currency at the moment...nothing to do with Brexit but mainly caused by our own Bank of England keeping interest rates at an historic low.

If we want to strengthen the pound then we simply put interest rates up.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Brexit trade deals on 21:46 - Aug 21 with 960 viewssherpajacob

"indigenous people" ?

According to the daily mail the indigenous people of Britain are those descended from German and Danish immigrants.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit trade deals on 23:47 - Aug 21 with 930 viewsHighjack

Brexit trade deals on 21:46 - Aug 21 by sherpajacob

According to the daily mail the indigenous people of Britain are those descended from German and Danish immigrants.

Trampie will be along in ten....nine.....eight.....

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Brexit trade deals on 11:52 - Oct 27 with 772 viewsyescomeon

Thought I'd bump this rather than make a new thread. Just came across this today. The Australian government think it would be illegal to negotiate a trade deal with the UK until it has formally left the EU. I assume the same would apply to all countries then right?

End of the article was interesting too:

"Senior members of the Australian administration hope any post-Brexit deal with Britain will include permission for Australian financial service companies to expand to the UK, according to The Times, plus privileged access to labour markets for Australian workers, which, ironically, would mean more immigration to the UK."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-liam-fox-eu-australia-trade-deals-2016-10

Upthecity!

Brexit trade deals on 11:57 - Oct 27 with 767 viewsDarran

Here's another link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37787890

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit trade deals on 11:59 - Oct 27 with 761 viewsMurph75

Brexit trade deals on 11:57 - Oct 27 by Darran

Here's another link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37787890

Economy grown by 0.5% since the vote as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37786467
Brexit trade deals on 12:24 - Oct 27 with 745 viewsAnotherJohn

And yet another from recent days to counter the gloom.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/24/sweden-holds-out-olive-branch-to-
Brexit trade deals on 12:47 - Oct 27 with 725 viewspikeypaul

Brexit trade deals on 11:52 - Oct 27 by yescomeon

Thought I'd bump this rather than make a new thread. Just came across this today. The Australian government think it would be illegal to negotiate a trade deal with the UK until it has formally left the EU. I assume the same would apply to all countries then right?

"Senior members of the Australian administration hope any post-Brexit deal with Britain will include permission for Australian financial service companies to expand to the UK, according to The Times, plus privileged access to labour markets for Australian workers, which, ironically, would mean more immigration to the UK."

Privileged access to each other's work markets would obviously be a 2 way thing and I think that more people will be interested in emigrating to Australia from the U.K. than the other way around including all the new Syrian,Afghan,Somalia
immigrants who are now UK citizens.

Somehow I do not think the Aussies will push for that.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit trade deals on 12:49 - Oct 27 with 722 viewsadamswan

Brexit trade deals on 11:52 - Oct 27 by yescomeon

You might note where it says access to the "labour market". You are misconstruing a desire for control over immigration as not wanting immigration, very very different things. Endlessly flogging this 'we are all racists' in UK nonsense, which is completely unfounded, is getting you/all the other whinge bags nowhere.
Brexit trade deals on 13:00 - Oct 27 with 712 viewspikeypaul

Australia accounts for 1% of exports compared to 15% to the USA which is by far our biggest export destination.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Brexit trade deals on 13:42 - Oct 27 with 689 viewsyescomeon

Brexit trade deals on 12:49 - Oct 27 by adamswan

You might note where it says access to the "labour market". You are misconstruing a desire for control over immigration as not wanting immigration, very very different things. Endlessly flogging this 'we are all racists' in UK nonsense, which is completely unfounded, is getting you/all the other whinge bags nowhere.

Not misconstruing anything mate, I'm directly quoting the article. Not whinging either. I posted an article seemingly at odds with the planetswans Brexit consensus to see what was said, I see I have some links above to take a look at.

In response to pikeypaul, if Australia can't negotiate trade deals with us then neither can America, or is that wrong? To be honest, I'm not sure why we need trade deals in the first place?

Upthecity!

Brexit trade deals on 13:51 - Oct 27 with 687 viewsblueytheblue

Brexit trade deals on 13:42 - Oct 27 by yescomeon

Not misconstruing anything mate, I'm directly quoting the article. Not whinging either. I posted an article seemingly at odds with the planetswans Brexit consensus to see what was said, I see I have some links above to take a look at.

In response to pikeypaul, if Australia can't negotiate trade deals with us then neither can America, or is that wrong? To be honest, I'm not sure why we need trade deals in the first place?

Saying nations negotiating deals with us now is "illegal" is farcical; would not be a criminal act.

Australia, like no doubt other nations, are just spouting the official line to appease EU whilst conducting talks via back channels.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Brexit trade deals on 14:10 - Oct 27 with 678 viewsyescomeon

Brexit trade deals on 13:51 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

Saying nations negotiating deals with us now is "illegal" is farcical; would not be a criminal act.

Australia, like no doubt other nations, are just spouting the official line to appease EU whilst conducting talks via back channels.

Who, if anyone, would regulate that?

Upthecity!

Brexit trade deals on 14:37 - Oct 27 with 665 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There is no doubt at all that the exit vote won because of immigration,rufugees, foreign people here and entering the country.

I saw it first hand ,i spoke to them,they were out on mass ,they all said the same thing.

A stab in the eye indeed for the establishment and its amusing to see how much these superior people in office are struggling with it all.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Brexit trade deals on 14:40 - Oct 27 with 661 viewsHighjack

Brexit trade deals on 14:37 - Oct 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

There is no doubt at all that the exit vote won because of immigration,rufugees, foreign people here and entering the country.

I saw it first hand ,i spoke to them,they were out on mass ,they all said the same thing.

A stab in the eye indeed for the establishment and its amusing to see how much these superior people in office are struggling with it all.

All the leave voters were catholic?

Brexit trade deals on 14:42 - Oct 27 with 658 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Brexit trade deals on 14:40 - Oct 27 by Highjack

All the leave voters were catholic?

practising ones?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Brexit trade deals on 14:49 - Oct 27 with 657 viewsbuilthjack

I was talking to a guy who imports raw materials for farm feed, this morning. He says that since June raw materials have gone up about 15% because of the low value of the pound. Therefore a tonne of farm feed will go from about £200 to £230, if it hasn't already.
We know what that means. More expensive meat, milk, eggs, etc etc.
Be prepared folks.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brexit trade deals on 15:31 - Oct 27 with 632 viewsFlashberryjack

Brexit trade deals on 14:49 - Oct 27 by builthjack

I was talking to a guy who imports raw materials for farm feed, this morning. He says that since June raw materials have gone up about 15% because of the low value of the pound. Therefore a tonne of farm feed will go from about £200 to £230, if it hasn't already.
Be prepared folks.

I think it's called jumping on the band wagon, especially with the remoaners jumping up and down with joy every time there's there's a bad story.

I wonder if the value of the pound went up would he bring the price down.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Brexit trade deals on 15:45 - Oct 27 with 624 viewsblueytheblue

Brexit trade deals on 15:31 - Oct 27 by Flashberryjack

I think it's called jumping on the band wagon, especially with the remoaners jumping up and down with joy every time there's there's a bad story.

I wonder if the value of the pound went up would he bring the price down.

Would the answer be "No"?

Interesting economic growth is higher than predicted. A mate was saying "yeah but we've not left EU yet". The point was that economic growth has been higher than that predicted after a leave vote - not after actually leaving.

Brexit trade deals on 18:04 - Oct 27 with 591 viewspikeypaul

Brexit trade deals on 14:49 - Oct 27 by builthjack

Be prepared folks.

Q4 2008 €/£ was around 1.04 and it then rose to around the 1.40 mark within 5 years.

And let's remember when we were getting €1.04 per £ sterling I think we were firmly in the EU.

I hope the guy lowered his prices accordingly when his feed cost lowered by 33% or did he just pocket the extra profit?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 18:05]

Brexit trade deals on 18:11 - Oct 27 with 581 viewsjohnlangy

Brexit trade deals on 15:45 - Oct 27 by blueytheblue

Would the answer be "No"?

Interesting economic growth is higher than predicted. A mate was saying "yeah but we've not left EU yet". The point was that economic growth has been higher than that predicted after a leave vote - not after actually leaving.

The economic growth is in Financial Services. All other sectors are down.
Brexit trade deals on 18:18 - Oct 27 with 572 viewsblueytheblue

Brexit trade deals on 18:11 - Oct 27 by johnlangy

The economic growth is in Financial Services. All other sectors are down.

But... we were told financial institutions would flock to leave?

I think it's heartening to know the financial services sector is in effect repaying it's misdemeanours by now driving growth.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024