Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests 09:17 - Aug 22 with 7362 viewsJackfath

I thought the folk of Planet Swans would enjoy this one.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/offering-black-and-asian-people-free-eye

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:18 - Aug 22 with 1227 viewsskippyjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:02 - Aug 22 by Darran

That's a ridiculous post Lis.

It's OK Darran.. she has shown her fascist views before.. I'm not surprised with the clear 'ego' she exerts.

superiority complex.. that's all it boils down towards

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 1215 viewsAnotherJohn

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:56 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

It quite clearly says that if you have a genetic reason for sight problems then it's free.

Perhaps you should take them up on the offer given that you obviously didn't see that bit.

I took a quick look at Oppenheimer's book 'Out of Eden' to see whether there was such a thing as an African or Asian genotype, but it seems very complicated.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0quSCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=out+of+e
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:31 - Aug 22 with 1208 viewsAquinas

Should suncream be free for Gingers then?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:31 - Aug 22 with 1205 viewsBigPhilG

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:02 - Aug 22 by Darran

That's a ridiculous post Lis.

I'm glad you said that Darran because I couldn't find any words to respond to it
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 1199 viewsskippyjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:27 - Aug 22 by AnotherJohn

I took a quick look at Oppenheimer's book 'Out of Eden' to see whether there was such a thing as an African or Asian genotype, but it seems very complicated.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0quSCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=out+of+e

Because it's not.. everyone's genes are different.. but Lisa and her obvious 'disorder' like to put specific labels on things to feel 'superior'.. that's what happens when you have an inbuilt superiority complex.. it's gradually built up over many years.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:35 - Aug 22 with 1190 viewslifelong

Just got back from Tesco Fforestfach, free eye tests for everyone there.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:40 - Aug 22 with 1183 viewsskippyjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:35 - Aug 22 by lifelong

so this is a load of horse sh*t then?.. or Tesco have decided to put a marketing ploy on people's health and wellbeing? I'm sure some ethical issues have been broken.. but that's what you get from educated people today.. unable to understand or incorporate basic ethics.

F*ck, this country is going to pot.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:43 - Aug 22 with 1173 viewsraynor94

Have been for years, always have mine there, but that won't satisfy the Ill informed on here, colour and creed were mentioned

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:45 - Aug 22 with 1165 viewsangryjack

Thing that grips my shit is racism seminars s to only work one way,if it was other way around their be outcry from the black and ethnic lot
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:45 - Aug 22 with 1165 viewslifelong

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:40 - Aug 22 by skippyjack

so this is a load of horse sh*t then?.. or Tesco have decided to put a marketing ploy on people's health and wellbeing? I'm sure some ethical issues have been broken.. but that's what you get from educated people today.. unable to understand or incorporate basic ethics.

F*ck, this country is going to pot.

Yes, it's a marketing ploy by Tesco.. Big queues there this morning, all white people.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:48 - Aug 22 with 1152 viewsjack247

Haven't TESCO always done free eye tests? It's a sales pitch
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:51 - Aug 22 with 1146 viewsskippyjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:45 - Aug 22 by lifelong

Yes, it's a marketing ploy by Tesco.. Big queues there this morning, all white people.

Yeah.. not surprising.. let the whites go to Tesco Value opticians.. Whilst the ethnic lot go to the 'harrods' equivalent free of charge.. it's how indigenous people are treated these days.. we're like a cattle queueing for the Holocaust.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 1121 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:31 - Aug 22 by BigPhilG

I'm glad you said that Darran because I couldn't find any words to respond to it

Sorry I didn't reply straight away I've just been down the doctors for my free smear test.

WTF eh?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:07 - Aug 22 with 1095 viewsLord_Bony

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-12777651 An expert says the poor take up of free eye tests in Wales by people from ethnic minorities is leading to unnecessary blindness.

Research suggests black minority and ethnic (BME) groups are up to six times more likely to suffer conditions which could lead to blindness, but three times less likely to seek treatment.

Prof Tim Wess said this must change.

"It's no exaggeration to say that we're teetering on the brink of a health care catastrophe if nothing is done."

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:09 - Aug 22 with 1091 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:07 - Aug 22 by Lord_Bony

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-12777651 An expert says the poor take up of free eye tests in Wales by people from ethnic minorities is leading to unnecessary blindness.

Research suggests black minority and ethnic (BME) groups are up to six times more likely to suffer conditions which could lead to blindness, but three times less likely to seek treatment.

Prof Tim Wess said this must change.

"It's no exaggeration to say that we're teetering on the brink of a health care catastrophe if nothing is done."

This post has been edited by an administrator

Good foresight from the bosses of the NHS

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:13 - Aug 22 with 1061 viewsLord_Bony

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:09 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

Good foresight from the bosses of the NHS

Indeed,I'm no expert but the long term plan appears to be to save the NHS money.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:14 - Aug 22 with 1058 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:13 - Aug 22 by Lord_Bony

Indeed,I'm no expert but the long term plan appears to be to save the NHS money.

Do you reckon?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:14 - Aug 22 with 1058 viewsjack247

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:58 - Aug 22 by Darran

Sorry I didn't reply straight away I've just been down the doctors for my free smear test.

WTF eh?

How did it go?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 1054 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:14 - Aug 22 by jack247

How did it go?

Ok thanks.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:18 - Aug 22 with 1044 viewsjack247

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:15 - Aug 22 by Darran

Ok thanks.

Nice. I had to pay for mine
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 1030 viewsBigPhilG

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:58 - Aug 22 by Darran

WTF eh?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 1018 viewsLord_Bony

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:14 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

Do you reckon?

The cost of looking after someone severely visually impaired or blind for the rest of their lives would be astronomical.

That money could be spent elsewhere in the NHS if these conditions can be avoided in the first place through a £15 eye test.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:29 - Aug 22 with 1015 viewsKerouac

Obviously the NHS have their reasons and their reasons will be centered around efficiency...and they have decided that encouraging Black & Asian citizens to get a free eye test saves them money.
Also, the people making that decision know full well that eye tests can be obtained for free by everyone else (or at least a low price).

The principle is an interesting one though.

e.g. White, working class, males are the poorest performers in our schools. If the state decided to use funds/facilities to address this problem...and excluded females and non-whites...would those who are relaxed about the free eye tests be equally relaxed?

Ultimately it comes down to cost/benefit, but there IS a hypocrisy there (in the principle that is being established) I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 1013 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:28 - Aug 22 by Lord_Bony

The cost of looking after someone severely visually impaired or blind for the rest of their lives would be astronomical.

That money could be spent elsewhere in the NHS if these conditions can be avoided in the first place through a £15 eye test.

There's no flies on you! It's a good job you're a mod to explain it all to us.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 13:33 - Aug 22 with 1005 viewsLord_Bony

Exactly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024