Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 00:48 - Aug 24 with 35094 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 14:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:01 - Aug 27 with 1444 viewsmonmouth

I'm trying desperately not to over-react, but it wasn't pleasant viewing. It reminds me of Stoke and we were deader and burieder in that one. Also we have had some decent sniffs and you would think at some point we will get a period of pressure unless they score a couple more.

We just look so unlike the team that we all wish we were though. Leicester look like it instead, and they were meant to be defend and counter merchants. Instead they've gone for us from the off and we've played Monkball. It's all seriously depressing.

Ok, on the plus side, it's not as bad as the same fixture last season yet, and there's time to get our good players sorted out and working together over the next few weeks. In this game, they'll double up on Barrow now, so I think Montero will be needed, even if it opens us up a bit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:01 - Aug 27 with 1445 viewscostalotta

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 27 by Groo

Missed most of the half, just seen the highlights of first half, must say for their goal, the crap thrown at Routledge for giving the ball away and then them scoring, I thought he must have lost the ball on the edge of the box trying to run the ball out or something.

So seeing he was on the edge of the box, THEIR BOX, really sums up for me the dopey idiots who support our team, who feel the need to have a scapegoat every season and select a player to blame for everything all season.

If that had been the only time he gave the ball I'd agree with you. The thing is, it wasn't! He's consistently given it away and you'd seen the the whole half instead of the highlights your opinion might be different.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:01 - Aug 27 with 1438 viewsMurph75

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:00 - Aug 27 by skippyjack

Yeah Guido, bring on McBurnie, that's the answer mun.

I'd rather he took early retirement back in Italy.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:02 - Aug 27 with 1412 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 27 by TheKirkyLife

Hull we dominated the game in every area minus the most important which of course is the final third. It's pretty clear to me that Llorente was only intended to be the back up striker by Guidolin; if Borja's transfer fee wasn't an indicator then just how ineffective Fernando has been against Hull and in the first half against Leicester is.

Against Hull there should be no excuses though. The very least we should have been getting from that game was a point. Mistakes were made both by players and the management with McBurnie criminally left off the bench and giving us only the Llorente option upfront. Hull deservedly won with a strategy that worked to perfection.

Here at Leicester we're facing a very good side and supporters so quick to criticise without sufficient evidence, quite frankly, need to stop peering so far up their arses thinking that we should be winning these games. What can we establish this season? Routledge should not be playing, he's been poor three games in a row now and Nacer Chadli would be a refreshing reinforcement. Fernandez is wild and unpredictable; he's missed a clutch of set piece chances and picked up dangerous yellow cards.

This game, apart from Fed's error, I feel the back four has worked extremely hard and were caught out by Vardy. It's happened so many times before to other teams and that finish was class. The midfield has been working away and Cork/Fer have evidently pulled up their socks to nick balls off Leicester whenever they can.

It's going into their half where the problem lie again. I guarantee you that a front four of McBurnie, Siggy, Montero and Barrow would actually have much better luck than the front four we fielded in the first half. I think further that Baston will add another dimension upfront - he hasn't even played yet so we can't truly judge how our attacking play will shape up this season until he is back.

If you want to complain and spell relegation then be my guest. I'm going to keep being realistic, optimistic and support my team thank you very much.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 16:02]

Blind faith doesn't help either. It's how we kept Monk for so long. I agree that the first game was great. Last week we played OK but were made to look naive when it came to closing out the game.

That half was terrible. And it would be remiss to not be critical. In fact I'd go as far as to say anyone who was content with it is probably not a supporter; that is if I was given to telling people how to think, like some massive egoist...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:02 - Aug 27 with 1408 viewsinspector

p!ss poor way to concede, but it really was a fine through ball.

we just looked really lethargic up until their goal, when we started getting at them we looked alright. more of that please
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:03 - Aug 27 with 1398 viewsphact0rri

Yes what a team doesn't mean is people behind them, believing in them. what awful plastics those people are who are positive.

FFS! There's room for both to be honest. this place would sound like an echo chamber and suicide notes if everyone was constantly depressed and on about how crap players are game in and game out.

Have a breath. There's no good criticizing who is more a supporter or which opinion is virtuous. At the end of the day everyone who comes in holding up the badge is a good fan on the day.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 27 with 1376 viewsperchrockjack

Rout ledge simply all round crap. All round the pitch.

No scapegoat

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 27 with 1366 viewsElward

Commentator " Routledge is just poor, he's been a passanger"
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 27 with 1358 viewsSmellyplumz

Why oh why is routeledge still on the pitch

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

N/A. on 16:05 - Aug 27 with 1342 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:06 - Aug 27 with 1316 viewsperchrockjack

We re all idiots apparently then

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:09 - Aug 27 with 1228 viewsMrSwerve

SET
F**KING
PIECE

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:09 - Aug 27 with 1214 viewsPozuelosSideys

Oh look. Conceding from a corner. Pricks

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1210 viewsElward

Championship team in the wrong league
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1206 viewsSmellyplumz

Game over

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1171 viewswaynekerr55

Set piece.

Shock
Horror.

Fûcking embarrassing

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1168 viewsMurph75

That's it. I've seen enough.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1163 viewsTheKirkyLife

Time to go all out now. Set piece again though very, very disappointing.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1162 viewsepaul

Af uckingbysmal

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 1144 viewsbonymine

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:03 - Aug 27 by phact0rri

Yes what a team doesn't mean is people behind them, believing in them. what awful plastics those people are who are positive.

FFS! There's room for both to be honest. this place would sound like an echo chamber and suicide notes if everyone was constantly depressed and on about how crap players are game in and game out.

Have a breath. There's no good criticizing who is more a supporter or which opinion is virtuous. At the end of the day everyone who comes in holding up the badge is a good fan on the day.

Every TRUE fan will criticise performances constructively (in the main) but still turn up next week/month/year....

The Plastics will criticise for the sake of criticising and then go shopping with the missus next week/month/year....

STID Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:11 - Aug 27 with 1068 viewsskippyjack

Set piece.. big Wes slams home.. Fernandez is a fantastic asset..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:11 - Aug 27 with 1062 viewsperchrockjack

Ff gives away completely unnecessary corner, fab flaps, God knows how many back but ball whistles through . Sickening boys

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:11 - Aug 27 with 1048 viewsAnotherJohn

Another set piece goal conceded - we don't look great in central defence.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:12 - Aug 27 with 992 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Poxy luck there to be fair

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:12 - Aug 27 with 990 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What is wrong with Gilfi, that last attack came from him just giving the ball away, instead of threading the ball through.
Huth handball for goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024