Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 00:48 - Aug 24 with 35064 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 14:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Thread on 00:48 - Aug 24 with 8443 viewsjackharris

Away supporters are housed in the North East corner of the stadium. The view of the playing action is good (although you are set well back from the pitch) as well as the facilities available. The concourse is comfortable with television screens showing the game going on within the stadium.

The atmosphere within the stadium was good, with the home fans singing on both sides of the away section. The atmosphere is further boosted by a huge bare chested drummer, who is located at the back of the home section, immediately to the left of the away fans.

Paul Groombridge a visiting Gillingham fan adds; 'From the far upper seats of the away section, the view was pretty good, though from there, you'd probably complain of being too far away from the action (I thought it was okay). One good thing about being at the top of the away section - you can use the plastic transparent panels as pretty good drums when singing!'. Food on offer inside includes; Double Cheeseburgers (£5.50), Cheeseburgers (£4), Hot Dogs (£4), Chicken Pies (£3.50), Steak and Kidney Pies (£3.50) and Cheese and Onion Pasties £3.50).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably the best bet for away fans is the Counting House pub on Freemens Common Road. It has a good mix of both sets of supporters, with all the normal facilities on offer'. Beaumont Fox adds; 'This pub is located just off the Aylestone Road, behind the Local Hero pub (home fans only) and next to Morrisons Supermarket. It does though exclude away supporters when the game is deemed to be a 'high profile' one'.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Ellis adds; 'Away fans are welcomed at the Huntsman pub on Narborough Road (next to Iceland supermarket) about a 15 minute walk away from the King Power Stadium. It shows BT televised sports and offers car parking at a cost of £5.'

David Moore informs me; 'If away fans fancy a quiet drink in a CAMRA Good Beer Guide listed pub then the Swan & Rushes (on Infirmary Square, near the Royal Infirmary) always has excellent guest ales on'.

For those arriving by train, then as you come out of the main entrance turn left and cross to the other side and there you will find 'The Hind' which is rather a basic pub, but does have real ales.

A better bet may be the Wetherspoons pub called the 'Last Plantagenet'. If you turn right out of the station and cross the road and turn left into Granby Street, then this pub is down on the left.

Also not far away from the station in the general direction the ground, is 'The Pub' which located on New Walk. This modern bar boasts 15 hand pumps for real ale (many of which are supplied by local microbreweries), plus continental beers and lagers as well as cider too. The pub also serves food.

Otherwise the stadium is walkable from the city centre (15-20 minutes), where there are plenty of pubs to be found. Most of the pubs near to the stadium, are as you would expect for home fans only. In particular 'The F Bar' should be avoided by visiting supporters. Plus the 'Symphony Rooms' located just over the road from the away end, is another home fans bar. Alcholol is normally available inside the stadium, however this can be a bit of a 'hit and miss affair' depending on which team you support. Richard Aquilina a visiting Bristol Rovers fan explains; 'Certainly alcohol wasn't available in the away end on our visit. The pumps were covered with black bags and the signs were covered with cardboard! When I inquired further it appears that alcohol is not sold for high profile games. By high profile I think they mean more than a few hundred fans as there obviously isn't any history between Leicester and Rovers as this is the first time we met at this level'. If you are lucky enough that alcohol is available then it is in the form of; Singha Lager (£3.40 bottle), IPA Bitter (£3.90 pint) and Stowford Press Cider (£3.80 can).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions and parking
Leave the M1 at Junction 21, or if coming from the Midlands, follow the M69 until the end of the motorway (which meets the M1 at Junction 21). Take the A5460 towards Leicester city centre. Continue on this road, until you go under a railway bridge. Carry on for another 200 yards and turn right at the traffic lights into Upperton Road (sign posted Royal Infirmary) and then right again into Filbert Street for the stadium. Allow yourself a little extra time to get to the ground as traffic does tend to get quite congested near the stadium. ecently a number of 'Residents Only Parking' schemes have been implemented on streets off the A5460 Narborough Road and Upperton Road, near to the ground, which means that street parking now has to be found further away from the stadium. You can park on side streets off Narborough Road but located further back in the direction of the outskirts of Leicester that you will have travelled through, (if approaching from J21 of the M1) but this may then mean a 20+ minute walk to the King Power Stadium.

Alternatively you can park at Leicester Rugby Club (£3) which is a ten minute walk away from the stadium. Dan Willatt a visiting Nottingham Forest fan advises; 'The Police close a number of roads around the stadium for up to 40 minutes after the final whistle to allow fans to disperse. We parked at a car park located in Filbert Street, but in the end in took us well over an hour in queueing traffic to get away from the ground. It may be best to consider parking further away from the stadium if you want a quick exit.' This official car park in Filbert Street has to be pre-booked with the Club and costs £15 per car.

Post Code for Sat Nav: LE2 7FL
Train Travel

[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 0:56]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 01:13 - Aug 24 with 8410 viewsLoyal

Me and the boy here on the weekend, hate the place but he has to start somewhere.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 24 with 8284 viewsjackharris

Been there once and we went to this members club that was being advertised on here. However, outside of it was about a million wasps! They were bloody everywhere.

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:56 - Aug 24 with 8263 viewsmacthejack

Last game I went to was Leicester away so I've got a large feeling or foreboding going back there. I hope to Buddah, Allah and Jesus that we have a better showing than that.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 17:57]
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:17 - Aug 24 with 8234 viewsJethroJack

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:56 - Aug 24 by macthejack

Last game I went to was Leicester away so I've got a large feeling or foreboding going back there. I hope to Buddah, Allah and Jesus that we have a better showing than that.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 17:57]

Rest easy....Ash has left.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 24 with 8132 viewsbuilthjack

Looking forward to this one, I think we will get a result

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 24 with 8090 viewsmorningstar

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 24 by builthjack

Looking forward to this one, I think we will get a result

We will get a result there. Statistics say so.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:21 - Aug 24 with 8059 viewsJackFish

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 24 by morningstar

We will get a result there. Statistics say so.

We've lost every game we've played there haven't we? Right up there with Man City and Spurs for our worst away grounds.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 02:04 - Aug 25 with 7903 viewsLoyal

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:21 - Aug 24 by JackFish

We've lost every game we've played there haven't we? Right up there with Man City and Spurs for our worst away grounds.

We lose it completely at this ground, an utterly appalling record.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:49 - Aug 25 with 7633 viewsLandore_Jack

3-0 Leicester.

#backtojack

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:32 - Aug 25 with 7460 viewsraynor94

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:49 - Aug 25 by Landore_Jack

3-0 Leicester.

What a little ray of Sunshine you are

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:47 - Aug 25 with 7446 viewsjacabertawe

Interesting Guidolin press conference today:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-swansea-c

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:28 - Aug 25 with 7403 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:47 - Aug 25 by jacabertawe

Interesting Guidolin press conference today:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-swansea-c

What is Taylor playing at asking to play for the U23's on Friday if true? Needs more rest!! Wasn't the Portugal match on July 6th ?? how much time off does he need.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:47 - Aug 25 with 7395 viewsGlyn1

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 24 by jackharris

Been there once and we went to this members club that was being advertised on here. However, outside of it was about a million wasps! They were bloody everywhere.

Well, it is a rugby city.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 25 with 7382 viewsWhiterockin

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:28 - Aug 25 by Al_Bundy

What is Taylor playing at asking to play for the U23's on Friday if true? Needs more rest!! Wasn't the Portugal match on July 6th ?? how much time off does he need.

Playing for Wales next week though.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:17 - Aug 25 with 7357 viewsGriffting

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:28 - Aug 25 by Al_Bundy

Knows he likely to sit on the bench on Saturday so instead has asked to play 90 minutes for the u-23's for match fitness.
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 7325 viewsmalagajack

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:17 - Aug 25 by Griffting

Knows he likely to sit on the bench on Saturday so instead has asked to play 90 minutes for the u-23's for match fitness.

in preparation for Moldova
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 25 with 7279 viewsJackfath

Do you think McBurnie could be on the bench and get a league debut in the last 20?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:27 - Aug 25 with 7277 viewsBYMJacks

i have a funny feeling we are going to do well here on saturday i am going to go for a 2-1 win to the swans
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:57 - Aug 25 with 7237 viewsmacthejack

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

Do you think McBurnie could be on the bench and get a league debut in the last 20?

I'd hope so. We were crying out for a change at Hull but didn't have the options from the bench. If we happen to have a bit of a cushion (a man can dream) would be a good chance for him to get a bit of experience. If we're chasing the game it certainly can't hurt to put him on and if Llorente isn't working we need another option.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 15:11]
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:24 - Aug 25 with 7071 viewsMorganator100

Are there any tickets for the Swansea end still available?
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:25 - Aug 25 with 7068 viewspencoedjack

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:27 - Aug 25 by BYMJacks

i have a funny feeling we are going to do well here on saturday i am going to go for a 2-1 win to the swans

I hope you are right but I am not at all hopeful for this one.

I'd take a point
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:01 - Aug 25 with 7015 viewsBYMJacks

yeh i would definately take a point as well would be chuffed with a point saturday. we have got to beat them away some time though we havent won there for ages
The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:44 - Aug 25 with 6948 viewsbuilthjack

I would take a point, but think we will get 3.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 00:11 - Aug 26 with 6874 viewsJethroJack

The Official Leicester City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:44 - Aug 25 by builthjack

I would take a point, but think we will get 3.

Me too...can't wait for kick off.
Looking forward to silencing the Happy Clappers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024