Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 12:30 - Aug 24 with 4975 viewsGeoffThom

He's getting absolute hammering on Leeds Twitter and sites ,they want to send him back ,we may have wasted money on this lad I fear ?
Grimes on 12:35 - Aug 24 with 3692 viewsairedale

I feel for the lad, it doesn't seem to be working out for him at all. He was brilliant at league 2 level apparently.
Grimes on 12:53 - Aug 24 with 3576 viewstherealme

More suited to league 1 or 2 at the moment. Being played number 10 also which I don't think is the best position for him

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Grimes on 13:10 - Aug 24 with 3476 viewspencoedjack

What did we pay 1 million I believe ?

We have wasted far more on other players ...(Not that it makes it right)
Grimes on 13:25 - Aug 24 with 3375 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 12:35 - Aug 24 by airedale

I feel for the lad, it doesn't seem to be working out for him at all. He was brilliant at league 2 level apparently.

He was decent and young, not brilliant. The old "potential" argument, "he can only get better" etc.

Met up with a Leeds fan last weekend who didn't think much of Grimes. Loves Bartley, though.
Grimes on 13:27 - Aug 24 with 3356 viewsBlasterJack

Grimes on 13:10 - Aug 24 by pencoedjack

What did we pay 1 million I believe ?

We have wasted far more on other players ...(Not that it makes it right)

£1.8m I think (although some of that could have been 'add-ons')

When I saw him in our League Cup game at home this time last year (can't remember the opposition - York?) I wasn't particularly impressed.
He scored one I think but should have got a bucket load. At the time I remember saying to my mate we may have wasted our money.
Came with a lot of expectation (as usual) and hasn't really done anything (as usual).
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 13:36]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Grimes on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 3334 viewsTom1912

I suspect there was a lot of add ons in that £1.8m.

Always a bit of a punt with the lower leagues. Hasn't paid off by the looks of it, hopefully we can get some money back for him.
Grimes on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 3331 viewsyescomeon

Kinglsey, Fulton and McBurnie may well do something for the Swans. Think you have to be prepared to waste a bit of money on some players to get good young players in.

Upthecity!

Grimes on 13:49 - Aug 24 with 3221 viewsjack247

He played an excellent through ball when he came on for an injury time debut just after signing. There was a long thread on here of people saying how good he was going to be for us. Left footed Gyfil etc. I got shot down in flames for saying we shouldn't set expectations too high.

Hope he can become the player we thought he could. Had a lot of unfair expectation to live up to.
Login to get fewer ads

Grimes on 15:14 - Aug 24 with 3003 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have watched Grimes a lot playing International Football for England under 21s.
He is a very Hot & Cold player.
One game playing Sublime Crosse, Passes or Dead Balls, the next game loses confidence and can't hit a barn door.
I am not sure if the top level consistency will come with age & confidence or he will slowly disappear into obscuirty.
Grimes on 15:17 - Aug 24 with 2982 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 15:14 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

I have watched Grimes a lot playing International Football for England under 21s.
One game playing Sublime Crosse, Passes or Dead Balls, the next game loses confidence and can't hit a barn door.
I am not sure if the top level consistency will come with age & confidence or he will slowly disappear into obscuirty.

Bit hard to judge consistency in only 3 games, isn't it?
Grimes on 15:17 - Aug 24 with 2982 viewscontroversial_jack

Grimes on 15:14 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Must have been one of huw's signings
Grimes on 15:30 - Aug 24 with 2935 viewsmax936

Will never be good enough for Premier League level, to lightweight to slow and slow in thought, Sorry.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Grimes on 17:00 - Aug 24 with 2716 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Grimes on 15:17 - Aug 24 by jasper_T

Bit hard to judge consistency in only 3 games, isn't it?

Very funny, Under 21 also includes under 20, where he played a further 13 games.
Grimes on 17:16 - Aug 24 with 2652 viewsjack247

Grimes on 17:00 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Very funny, Under 21 also includes under 20, where he played a further 13 games.

I'm impressed that he actually played for the U-21s. U-20 is one thing, but he must have something about him to have played at that level.
Grimes on 17:23 - Aug 24 with 2621 viewsjacktar

Of course he's not got much of a coach up there has he.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Grimes on 17:47 - Aug 24 with 2555 viewsicecoldjack

If he was going to be awesome im sure a bigger team would have come in, they obviously looked at him but thought better of it.
Ditto donnelly , Liverpool and Everton had a look..he ended up at Swansea, tells a story though appreiciate its not an exact science.

Kingsley looks a good bet so there is logic to what we're doing.
Grimes on 18:34 - Aug 24 with 2442 viewsWarwickHunt

Grimes on 17:23 - Aug 24 by jacktar

Of course he's not got much of a coach up there has he.

He has to WORK HARDER!

Obviously.
Grimes on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 2397 viewsMorganator100

Came to the club with the tag of the next Glenn Hoddle. Like has been posted he must have some talent to play 13 times for England U21.

Then again a lot have criticised the signing of all these ex Falkirk players, Kingsley, Blair, Biabi and Fulton. I think 2 of these are already showing that they were a good investment.
Grimes on 19:22 - Aug 24 with 2275 viewsgiantstoneater

Would he fit in a long ball team such as Leeds!.
Grimes on 19:23 - Aug 24 with 2272 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 18:44 - Aug 24 by Morganator100

Came to the club with the tag of the next Glenn Hoddle. Like has been posted he must have some talent to play 13 times for England U21.

Then again a lot have criticised the signing of all these ex Falkirk players, Kingsley, Blair, Biabi and Fulton. I think 2 of these are already showing that they were a good investment.

3 times.

u20s doesn't count as u21s.
Grimes on 19:23 - Aug 24 with 2272 viewsKilkennyjack

I reckon our club failed to develop him correctly.

U21 is a big step back after League 2.
He should have gone straight out to a League 1 team.

Great to see Kingsley doing so well. Very much the exception.

Beware of the Risen People

Grimes on 20:18 - Aug 24 with 2159 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Grimes on 19:23 - Aug 24 by jasper_T

3 times.

u20s doesn't count as u21s.

Let's just say he played 16 times in Internationals for England and leave it at that.
You still have to be good to play for your country at any age, but as I said he wasn't consistent.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 20:18]
Grimes on 20:27 - Aug 24 with 2115 viewspencoedjack

Grimes on 18:44 - Aug 24 by Morganator100

Josh mceachran was the future of English footballer when he came here so he's in good company
Grimes on 20:45 - Aug 24 with 2028 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 20:18 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Let's just say he played 16 times in Internationals for England and leave it at that.
You still have to be good to play for your country at any age, but as I said he wasn't consistent.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 20:18]

England International Matt Grimes, yeah okay
Grimes on 20:56 - Aug 24 with 1999 viewsUplandsJack

Grimes on 13:27 - Aug 24 by BlasterJack

£1.8m I think (although some of that could have been 'add-ons')

When I saw him in our League Cup game at home this time last year (can't remember the opposition - York?) I wasn't particularly impressed.
He scored one I think but should have got a bucket load. At the time I remember saying to my mate we may have wasted our money.
Came with a lot of expectation (as usual) and hasn't really done anything (as usual).
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 13:36]

Well I was told by Exeter's own Technical Director Steve Perryman, at Hopwood Park services on M42 back in April 2015, when we were on way back from victory at Newcastle that we had paid £1.75 million for him. He was a bit pissed off in fact because he blamed Monk & of course his own board, for his teams failure to make playoffs that season despite them being in a strong position when the January transfer window was open.
According to him we had initially agreed a £1.25 million fee for Grimes and that he would be loaned back to them till end of that season. That changed suddenly when by all accounts Monk decided that he didnt want to wait and wanted him straight away. Our club then renegotiated an extra £500,000 payment to scap the loan back.
Perryman was upset because he barely featurned for us, though ironically had come on as a sub that day...
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 20:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024