Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 12:30 - Aug 24 with 4963 viewsGeoffThom

He's getting absolute hammering on Leeds Twitter and sites ,they want to send him back ,we may have wasted money on this lad I fear ?
Grimes on 21:03 - Aug 24 with 1328 viewswaynekerr55

Grimes on 18:34 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

He has to WORK HARDER!

Obviously.

CLEARLY.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Grimes on 21:05 - Aug 24 with 1319 viewsUplandsJack

He also stated that Grimes was the best natural talent he had seen since Hoddle....
Serious praise indeed...

So the question is simply, Where did it all go Wrong?
Do these lads get too much to quick?
Is it the Under 21 (now 23) system to blame?
Monk & Co's shite coaching techniques?

Whatever the answer, it's looking more and more likely yet another extremely talented youngster is not going to for fill his ability/potential !!!
Grimes on 21:21 - Aug 24 with 1280 viewsMorganator100

Grimes on 20:27 - Aug 24 by pencoedjack

Josh mceachran was the future of English footballer when he came here so he's in good company

Didn't realise that he had gone to Brentford. There were rumours that Chelsea wanted to re sign him.
Grimes on 21:24 - Aug 24 with 1268 viewsWarwickHunt

Grimes on 20:18 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Let's just say he played 16 times in Internationals for England and leave it at that.
You still have to be good to play for your country at any age, but as I said he wasn't consistent.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 20:18]

Leon. Fûcking. Hylton.
Grimes on 22:43 - Aug 24 with 1162 viewsnantywatcher

Grimes on 21:05 - Aug 24 by UplandsJack

He also stated that Grimes was the best natural talent he had seen since Hoddle....
Serious praise indeed...

Whatever the answer, it's looking more and more likely yet another extremely talented youngster is not going to for fill his ability/potential !!!

Too much money in his bank account
Grimes on 23:53 - Aug 24 with 1102 viewsairedale

Tell you one thing though, if he pulls his socks up and does good, then we're quads in whether he plays for us or not.
Grimes on 05:18 - Aug 25 with 1012 viewsJethroJack

Grimes on 23:53 - Aug 24 by airedale

Tell you one thing though, if he pulls his socks up and does good, then we're quads in whether he plays for us or not.

Thought we were talking about Grimes not Ollie McBurnie 😊
Grimes on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 899 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 21:05 - Aug 24 by UplandsJack

Serious praise indeed...

I don't doubt that we've let him down somewhat in terms of gametime and development (he wasn't even playing for the u21s last season under Monk).

But natural talent as a youngster doesn't guarantee potential to play at the highest professional level. Many young players effectively peak in their late teens and are unable to make a further step up. There's not always someone to blame, the vast majority of young players simply never had it in them.
Login to get fewer ads

Grimes on 11:28 - Aug 25 with 807 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd be tempted to send him back to Exeter on loan for the rest of the season. Let Matty build up his confidence again with Tisdale and Perryman and press the reset button.
Grimes on 12:18 - Aug 25 with 752 viewsWarwickHunt

Grimes on 11:28 - Aug 25 by AnotherJohn

I'd be tempted to send him back to Exeter on loan for the rest of the season. Let Matty build up his confidence again with Tisdale and Perryman and press the reset button.

Or, more likely, the delete button.
Grimes on 12:34 - Aug 25 with 729 viewsperchrockjack

I suggested that this effete,kutterly average player was a pointless purchase after his woeful performance in our first team some time ago.

I was told to get off his back etc, well fook you, I'm proven correct again and yet more evidence that perch is the voxPOpulae.

Did I mention rout ledge was one we should have offloaded long since?.

At this stage, it could be suggested llorente is another in our long line of dire strikers.

Personally, the Daftest departure was paloschi. A goal poacher, quick, brave and effective of given the chance. He wasn't.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Grimes on 12:50 - Aug 25 with 707 viewsjack247

Grimes on 12:34 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

I suggested that this effete,kutterly average player was a pointless purchase after his woeful performance in our first team some time ago.

I was told to get off his back etc, well fook you, I'm proven correct again and yet more evidence that perch is the voxPOpulae.

At this stage, it could be suggested llorente is another in our long line of dire strikers.

Personally, the Daftest departure was paloschi. A goal poacher, quick, brave and effective of given the chance. He wasn't.

You haven't seen enough of him in our first team to judge him one way or the other. It's fair to judge him on the fact he doesn't get near it I suppose, but anyone making snap judgements, good or bad, based on his appearances for us was just guessing.

You were wrong with Routledge, hopefully you will be with Llorente too. One good game, one bad game isn't nearly enough to write him off from.

I would have liked to keep Paloschi too.
Grimes on 13:06 - Aug 25 with 678 viewsperchrockjack

Yes I have, no I wasn't.

Quite what exactly does rout ledge bring to the team.

Why he is often first to be subbed. IT could well be obvious.

Oh and grimes at Leeds is as anonymous as he was with us.

Utter waste of money.

Pretty unforgivable frankly.

I pray llorente comes good or we re in shyte

Grimes on 13:26 - Aug 25 with 653 viewsjack247

Grimes on 13:06 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

Yes I have, no I wasn't.

Quite what exactly does rout ledge bring to the team.

Why he is often first to be subbed. IT could well be obvious.

Oh and grimes at Leeds is as anonymous as he was with us.

Utter waste of money.

Pretty unforgivable frankly.

I pray llorente comes good or we re in shyte

How many times have you seen Grimes play? How many minutes has he had for our first team? Yes, you were guessing, as was everyone that said he would be a future captain after his 4 minute debut.

Routledge brings out the best in players around him, particularly Gylfi who needs another intelligent foil to interlink with. You won't see that on tv or if you only watch the ball. To get subbed often, he has to start often. You may not be able to see it, plenty on here can't. Our manager can.

It's way too early to judge Llorente
Grimes on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 638 viewswaynekerr55

Grimes on 12:34 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

Isn't voxPOpulae a trendy wine bar in Shoreditch?

Grimes on 13:35 - Aug 25 with 533 viewsperchrockjack

Do you see in grimes anything outstanding to justify your positivity.

Rutledge does ...what?

Time for lunch before I lose my appetite

Grimes on 13:38 - Aug 25 with 527 viewswaynekerr55

Grimes on 13:35 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

Rutledge does ...what?

He's got nice hair?

Grimes on 13:39 - Aug 25 with 526 viewsjack247

Grimes on 13:35 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

Rutledge does ...what?

Read it again Perch
Grimes on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 515 viewsperchrockjack

I have a rather attractive avocado in fron of me but I've re read what you post and you as as incorrect now as you were then.

Why he starts is a mystery.

Significant players tend to stay on the pitch. He isn't and doesn't.

Please look at him and analyse the result.

I watched him,god help me, pretty closely, last Saturday . It was painful.

Still, let's agree to disagree before we reach the KUnt calling stage which is always lurking

Grimes on 13:52 - Aug 25 with 497 viewsjack247

Grimes on 13:43 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

I have a rather attractive avocado in fron of me but I've re read what you post and you as as incorrect now as you were then.

Why he starts is a mystery.

Significant players tend to stay on the pitch. He isn't and doesn't.

Please look at him and analyse the result.

I watched him,god help me, pretty closely, last Saturday . It was painful.

Still, let's agree to disagree before we reach the KUnt calling stage which is always lurking

I meant about Grimes. I haven't said anything positive about him. I've said if you were judging him on his games for us, you were guessing, as was everyone who said he would be a superstar. Therefore, there is no reason to blow smoke up your own arse now.

Why Routledge starts may be a mystery to you, you aren't on your own there. It probably always will be. Managers tend to think these things through though.

We have two explosive wingers that were primarily used as impact players last season, because their all round game isn't where it needs to be, but they can produce a moment of magic. You aren't going to change a game by swapping centre backs. I'm not sure how often you think he gets subbed compared to most wingers?

Enjoy your avocado.
Grimes on 14:01 - Aug 25 with 482 viewsperchrockjack

Oh I see.

So you ve not really stuck your neck out as regards grimes notwithstanding starting a post with him.

Sorry, there must be reason why few if any other clubs make enquiries about rout ledge.

You are not correct anymore than I might not be. Understand that and we ll get along just fine.

And no, the avocado was too soft as I like firm fruits

Grimes on 14:11 - Aug 25 with 467 viewsjack247

Grimes on 14:01 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

Oh I see.

So you ve not really stuck your neck out as regards grimes notwithstanding starting a post with him.

Sorry, there must be reason why few if any other clubs make enquiries about rout ledge.

You are not correct anymore than I might not be. Understand that and we ll get along just fine.

And no, the avocado was too soft as I like firm fruits

Exactly. And that's why I replied with 'read it again'. I have said it further up this thread before you got involved. It was utter stupidity to try to judge him on a couple of cameo appearances. I said it at the time when everyone was raving about him. I prefer to watch a player for a bit before sticking my neck out.

Incidentally, it's as stupid to judge Llorente now as it was Grimes then.

Obviously how good any player is is subjective. All I know is that in my opinion, we look better with Routledge in the team. Judging by your posts, football doesn't really seem to be your strong point, but again, that's subjective.

You would know how many enquiries we have had for him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024