Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They Don't Want To Come Back. 13:55 - Aug 24 with 4100 viewsWaltersRedBoots

Allen to Stoke. Bony to WH ? Obvious that neither fancied a return while they knew they were much loved by the majority of fans. Why ? Wages ? Small town club ? Agents ? Our lack of ambition ? Other clubs better on the pull than us ? Those two this window and IMHO we'd be comfortably mid table.
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 18:00 - Aug 24 with 1084 viewspencoedjack

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 17:45 - Aug 24 by DafyddHuw

Well he didn't "jump at the chance" did he? Couldn't get by on £55K a week apparently.

I'm not blaming him, just that he didn't "jump at the chance" like you said was common knowledge to someone at the BBC and friends of friends of Joe's family.

Plus if he wanted back to us that much he could of sat tight at the scousers for a year.

Some of our supporters have swan tinted glasses that is for sure 👍
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 19:44 - Aug 24 with 1018 viewsupvcjack

All about the wages!!
Bony wanted more than we were willing to pay,
And joe was to expensive,fee and wages
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 20:42 - Aug 24 with 963 viewswestside

Think West ham were after both bony and ayew but we signed em .

now their owners want to show their fans that west ham are bigger than little ole Swansea and get ayew and bony now.
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 20:51 - Aug 24 with 951 viewsjack_lord

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 17:26 - Aug 24 by Joe_bradshaw

I was told that we offered Joe £55K. Stoke offered him £75K.

We were never in the running at his required wages.

From the horses mouth. Joe was waiting to come back here. The lease was up on his house in Cheshire. He was expecting Swansea to match Stoke's offer. This did not happen. Joe was then told that Swansea did not make any offer. He is gutted as both him and his wife (who is longing to come back to Penycae) were basically organising the move back.
Joe had to agree personal terms, which he did after nothing from Swansea and the moving guys moved them out.
This is a shame as, in my opinion, he is the type of Swansea player we need in the future.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 23:48 - Aug 24 with 874 viewsJokeren1943

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 20:51 - Aug 24 by jack_lord

From the horses mouth. Joe was waiting to come back here. The lease was up on his house in Cheshire. He was expecting Swansea to match Stoke's offer. This did not happen. Joe was then told that Swansea did not make any offer. He is gutted as both him and his wife (who is longing to come back to Penycae) were basically organising the move back.
Joe had to agree personal terms, which he did after nothing from Swansea and the moving guys moved them out.
This is a shame as, in my opinion, he is the type of Swansea player we need in the future.

Swansea has never paid more then 5-7 million for a midfielder. Why should Joe suddenly think Swansea was willing to pay more then double that amount? :-) .
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 23:52]
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 08:38 - Aug 25 with 790 viewsoldcob

Once they are gone they are gone. No-one forced them to go. I worry more about the future of our youngsters who play well enough to get a chance in the first team e.g McBurnie and Fulton, and don't really get it. Kingsley being the exception I suppose. What message does this send to promising youngsters we may wish to sign in the future?
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 08:50 - Aug 25 with 782 viewsDr_Winston

Yay. Another "we should have signed Joe Allen" thread.

I look forward to one of these every time we don't win.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 09:56 - Aug 25 with 730 viewsJackSomething

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 08:38 - Aug 25 by oldcob

Once they are gone they are gone. No-one forced them to go. I worry more about the future of our youngsters who play well enough to get a chance in the first team e.g McBurnie and Fulton, and don't really get it. Kingsley being the exception I suppose. What message does this send to promising youngsters we may wish to sign in the future?

Did Fulton and McBurnie not just play (and score) in our last game then?

With Guidolin also picking Kingsley for our first 2 league matches, I think we can safely say that if the players are good enough and ready for the first team, they'll get their chance.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 12:50 - Aug 25 with 674 viewsoldcob

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 09:56 - Aug 25 by JackSomething

With Guidolin also picking Kingsley for our first 2 league matches, I think we can safely say that if the players are good enough and ready for the first team, they'll get their chance.

They were picked because we didn't want first teamers risk injury, the fact they scored when picked adds weight to my argument surely. I'd have given McBurnie a chance rear end of last season, Gomis was hardly setting the world on fire. McBurnie scored two and one assist, now lets see when he'll get his chance in the premier.
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 12:53 - Aug 25 with 667 viewsjack247

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 09:56 - Aug 25 by JackSomething

That was a fringe team and Taylor is presumably not match fit after the Euros.

I do think they will get their chances under Guidolin though. Kingsley in particular
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 13:09 - Aug 25 with 649 viewsperchrockjack

Where in Cheshire jade.
Not the fookn golden triangle

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 602 viewsoldcob

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 12:53 - Aug 25 by jack247

That was a fringe team and Taylor is presumably not match fit after the Euros.

I do think they will get their chances under Guidolin though. Kingsley in particular

Kingsley is the goods. We'll have trouble holding on to him in a season or two.
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 15:15 - Aug 25 with 589 viewsjasper_T

They Don't Want To Come Back. on 23:48 - Aug 24 by Jokeren1943

Swansea has never paid more then 5-7 million for a midfielder. Why should Joe suddenly think Swansea was willing to pay more then double that amount? :-) .
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 23:52]

Because Swansea have never been half as rich as they are now?
They Don't Want To Come Back. on 16:24 - Aug 25 with 545 viewssomersetsimon

I didn't realise that players got to choose who they played for. I assumed the club also had to want the player as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024