Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? 16:25 - Aug 24 with 3663 viewsSwans9

As part of the American owners branding plans for Swansea City it is possible if the tv revenue for the premiership keeps going through the roof that they buy the ground and then sell the naming rights. I can't see it for a while because the council approved plans to increase the stadium capacity to 33000 in 2014.
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 16:54 - Aug 24 with 2796 viewsLord_Bony

Its going to be called "Swansea Soccer".

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 16:57 - Aug 24 with 2779 viewsswanstillidai

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 16:54 - Aug 24 by Lord_Bony

Its going to be called "Swansea Soccer".

Or the 'Private Investor Soccer Stadium'.

Oldjack can have a suite named in his honour
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:16 - Aug 24 with 2733 viewsjasper_T

Didn't the original Liberty deal run out a while ago?
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:26 - Aug 24 with 2689 viewsThursday

Just rename the stands after ex-directors. Guaranteed sell outs.
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 2667 viewsyescomeon

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:26 - Aug 24 by Thursday

Upthecity!

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:40 - Aug 24 with 2630 viewsDafyddHuw

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:26 - Aug 24 by Thursday

Very good. I smirked.

I lost interest in the name of our ground when we didn't think it was part of our heritage to name our new stadium "The New Vetch".

Sold out for a pocket of silver instead.

Seems even Millwall have more class than us.
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:45 - Aug 24 with 2613 viewspencoedjack

What type price does sponsorship of a stadium command these days ?

Would of thought naming rights for PL ground doesnt come cheap.
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:54 - Aug 24 with 2582 viewsDafyddHuw

I'd like to see the naming rights bought by Proctor and Gamble, and they name the East "The Tampax Stand"
Login to get fewer ads

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 18:03 - Aug 24 with 2551 viewsjasper_T

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:40 - Aug 24 by DafyddHuw

Very good. I smirked.

I lost interest in the name of our ground when we didn't think it was part of our heritage to name our new stadium "The New Vetch".

Why would they name the new rugby stadium after a football ground?
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 2534 viewsDafyddHuw

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 18:03 - Aug 24 by jasper_T

Why would they name the new rugby stadium after a football ground?

The egg only climbed onboard at the very last minute.
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:13 - Aug 24 with 2280 viewsbuilthjack

Would surely get £10-£15m for a 10 year deal. That would go a long way to putting another 6-8000 seats in place.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:25 - Aug 24 with 2237 viewssully49

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 16:57 - Aug 24 by swanstillidai

I can see Gary Lineker say and its now over to the P.I.S.S stadium ............................

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:27 - Aug 24 with 2232 viewsWatchman

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 16:57 - Aug 24 by swanstillidai

LeakyJack.com

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:38 - Aug 24 with 2183 viewsmorningstar

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 18:06 - Aug 24 by DafyddHuw

The egg only climbed onboard at the very last minute.

That's simply not true. The stadium was intended to be for both Swansea rugby and football clubs, but with the introduction of the regional rugby sides in 2003 , it was decided that the Ospreys would take the place of Swansea RFC, when construction broke ground in the same year. Therefore Swansea RFC continue too play at St Helens as the demolition/sale of the site was never on the agenda anyway, unlike the Vetch Field. I like you but why do you make stuff up?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 2163 viewsHark_Now_Hear

That's the reason the Americans bought us. Insert statue in the grounds name and you got The Liberty Statue Stadium! Perfect for them. Fans wouldn't mind. Mini Liberty Statue outside the ground?! Anyone with me??!!

I'll get my coat.....!!
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:49 - Aug 24 with 2124 viewsmorningstar

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:42 - Aug 24 by Hark_Now_Hear

That's the reason the Americans bought us. Insert statue in the grounds name and you got The Liberty Statue Stadium! Perfect for them. Fans wouldn't mind. Mini Liberty Statue outside the ground?! Anyone with me??!!

I'll get my coat.....!!

No need to get your coat, that would be funny as fvck. Completely humiliating, but funny all the same.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 22:19]

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:50 - Aug 24 with 2122 viewsnice_to_michu

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 17:40 - Aug 24 by DafyddHuw

Very good. I smirked.

Yeh, I wonder what that "silver" brought us over the years....
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:01 - Aug 24 with 2075 viewsmorningstar

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:50 - Aug 24 by nice_to_michu

Yeh, I wonder what that "silver" brought us over the years....

Oh, it's just Dafydd mun he's a bit "n glws Tim ond dim". That's Tim nice but dim in Welsh!

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:03 - Aug 24 with 2066 viewsWatchman

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 21:38 - Aug 24 by morningstar

That's simply not true. The stadium was intended to be for both Swansea rugby and football clubs, but with the introduction of the regional rugby sides in 2003 , it was decided that the Ospreys would take the place of Swansea RFC, when construction broke ground in the same year. Therefore Swansea RFC continue too play at St Helens as the demolition/sale of the site was never on the agenda anyway, unlike the Vetch Field. I like you but why do you make stuff up?

the stadium was always meant to be a football stadium, they(council) had to involve the egg to get it through committee. The egg made no financial undertaking or offered any funding, but made plenty of demands in the process

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:14 - Aug 24 with 2038 viewsmorningstar

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:03 - Aug 24 by Watchman

the stadium was always meant to be a football stadium, they(council) had to involve the egg to get it through committee. The egg made no financial undertaking or offered any funding, but made plenty of demands in the process

So you're saying that it would never have got off the ground without the egg being on board? I knew i could rely on you to agree with me.

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:19 - Aug 24 with 2016 viewsWatchman

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:14 - Aug 24 by morningstar

So you're saying that it would never have got off the ground without the egg being on board? I knew i could rely on you to agree with me.

nope ;) egg demanded everything without offering anything

Hence i do think that HJ and Co have sold to the yankees to get what the football club wants/needs! to get the job done as Jack politics makes the vatican look like tea party
Sadly eggers are very jealous about matters so the club has to pander to them

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:35 - Aug 24 with 1973 viewsmorningstar

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:19 - Aug 24 by Watchman

Hence i do think that HJ and Co have sold to the yankees to get what the football club wants/needs! to get the job done as Jack politics makes the vatican look like tea party

HJ and Co have sold to the yankees to get what HJ and Co want. Not what the football club wants/needs! Please adopt that train of thought otherwise you may end up being very disappointed.

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:42 - Aug 24 with 1950 viewsWatchman

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:35 - Aug 24 by morningstar

HJ and Co have sold to the yankees to get what HJ and Co want. Not what the football club wants/needs! Please adopt that train of thought otherwise you may end up being very disappointed.

things are a little more nuanced G! 2/3 old shareholders wanted out but long term 2 major old/current shareholders know what needs to be done for the next level
This is high money now, and everyone knows it, egg sympathizers hate the attention SCFC bring, but know that egg can never bring in that level of money and interest

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:47 - Aug 24 with 1933 viewsDafyddHuw

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:19 - Aug 24 by Watchman

Back off mun. It's only morningstar.

Didn't you realise his true identity id Mr. Fffffffffffffffffff?
How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 23:01 - Aug 24 with 1907 viewsmorningstar

How much longer will the ground be called the liberty stadium? on 22:42 - Aug 24 by Watchman

things are a little more nuanced G! 2/3 old shareholders wanted out but long term 2 major old/current shareholders know what needs to be done for the next level
This is high money now, and everyone knows it, egg sympathizers hate the attention SCFC bring, but know that egg can never bring in that level of money and interest

Love you Watch, but i honestly didn't have you down as someone so naive? Let's hope that beyond all hope that you are anywhere near close to the mark. Sadly i don't think so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024