Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice group for City 18:26 - Aug 25 with 3771 viewsWhiterockin

Group C: Barcelona, Man City, B Moenchengladbach, Celtic

Full Draw

Group A: PSG, Arsenal, Basel, Ludogorets
Group B: Benfica, Napoli, D Kiev, Besiktas
Group C: Barcelona, Man City, B Moenchengladbach, Celtic
Group D: B Munich, Atletico, PSV, Rostov
Group E: CSKA, Leverkusen, Tottenham, Monaco
Group F: R Madrid, B Dortmund, Sporting, L Warsaw
Group G: Leicester, Porto, Brugge, FC Copenhagen
Group H: Juventus, Sevilla, Lyon, D Zagreb
Nice group for City on 03:31 - Aug 26 with 680 viewsWanderer

Think Leicester can get through that group, what price are they to win the whole thing?
not 1000-1 surely, they can't do it can they?
Nice group for City on 06:13 - Aug 26 with 659 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 22:17 - Aug 25 by MrSwerve

I don't think I've ever called us 'city'.

Either 'the Swans' or 'Swansea' or 'the Jacks'.

'City' is what the scummers call themselves.

Just saying.

Nobody else has either
Nice group for City on 06:46 - Aug 26 with 648 viewsJackfath

I must remember that in future when someone start a thread on a swansea city board with the word "city" in the title they're obviously not talking about the swans, rather man city as nobody call the swans, city. Especially on a football forum.

Rightio fellas.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Nice group for City on 07:12 - Aug 26 with 638 viewsjack247

Or perhaps read the post rather than just the title? This one was pretty obviously not about Swansea City
Nice group for City on 20:53 - Aug 26 with 579 viewsJackfath

I'm sure I've heard the East stand massive singing

"Come on City, come on City, come on City, come on" etc etc Or am I not hearing than correctly?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Nice group for City on 21:21 - Aug 26 with 566 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 20:53 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I'm sure I've heard the East stand massive singing

"Come on City, come on City, come on City, come on" etc etc Or am I not hearing than correctly?

You have. It's a song. I'm sure you have also heard them sing

'Ar Hyd Y Nos'
'Guidolins barmy army'
'I slip and slide and I fall in love'

All sung fairly often, none of them used in every day speech or on here to describe the Swans. Very much like 'City'.

You understood exactly what he meant, you replied facetiously and got pulled up on it. No big deal.
Nice group for City on 21:26 - Aug 26 with 563 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 21:21 - Aug 26 by jack247

You have. It's a song. I'm sure you have also heard them sing

'Ar Hyd Y Nos'
'Guidolins barmy army'
'I slip and slide and I fall in love'

All sung fairly often, none of them used in every day speech or on here to describe the Swans. Very much like 'City'.

You understood exactly what he meant, you replied facetiously and got pulled up on it. No big deal.

So why, in response to Mr Swerve saying,

Just saying.

Did you respond

"Nobody else has either"

Are all those who sing that song singing about Man City whilst watching the Swans?

Nice group for City on 21:28 - Aug 26 with 559 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 21:26 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

So why, in response to Mr Swerve saying,

Just saying.

Did you respond

"Nobody else has either"

Are all those who sing that song singing about Man City whilst watching the Swans?

Because nobody does.

This is a website not a song
Login to get fewer ads

Nice group for City on 21:31 - Aug 26 with 555 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 21:28 - Aug 26 by jack247

Because nobody does.

This is a website not a song

I do hope you correct evryone who happens to sing that song next time it's sung.

Nice group for City on 21:35 - Aug 26 with 554 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 21:31 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I do hope you correct evryone who happens to sing that song next time it's sung.

Why would I do that? It's a song not a website
Nice group for City on 21:37 - Aug 26 with 553 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 21:35 - Aug 26 by jack247

Why would I do that? It's a song not a website

Which they sing under the impression they're singing about the team they're watching - Swansea City. Not Man City. Therefore they are all incorrect and therefore that song should never be sung about Swansea City as nobody refers to them as that.

Nice group for City on 21:43 - Aug 26 with 552 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 21:37 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Which they sing under the impression they're singing about the team they're watching - Swansea City. Not Man City. Therefore they are all incorrect and therefore that song should never be sung about Swansea City as nobody refers to them as that.

See my response at 21.21. You can keep going until you feel you have a moral victory if you like.

It would take a phenomenally basic knowledge of the Swans to think people referred to us as 'City' in a written format, like all posts on this website are. I'm sure you are knowledgeable than that,
Nice group for City on 21:45 - Aug 26 with 545 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 21:43 - Aug 26 by jack247

See my response at 21.21. You can keep going until you feel you have a moral victory if you like.

It would take a phenomenally basic knowledge of the Swans to think people referred to us as 'City' in a written format, like all posts on this website are. I'm sure you are knowledgeable than that,

Ah a written format. I see. Now you're splitting hairs.

Nothing to do with a moral victory, just don't understand when people have a pop at me when they're clearly wrong. Especially when someone else on the thread said exactly the same as me yet you say nothing to them.

#apology accepted.

Nice group for City on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 539 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 21:45 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Ah a written format. I see. Now you're splitting hairs.

Nothing to do with a moral victory, just don't understand when people have a pop at me when they're clearly wrong. Especially when someone else on the thread said exactly the same as me yet you say nothing to them.

#apology accepted.

Nobody refers to us City at all. You aren't stupid enough to think they do because it fits a song better than 'The Swans'.

You brought the medium of song into it for some reason. Did you honestly think he was talking about Swansea City?

If you mean the guy that said 'I agree with Jackfath' then quite clearly I disagree with him as well. I'm disagreeing with your point not you as a person.

#complex
Nice group for City on 21:56 - Aug 26 with 535 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 21:53 - Aug 26 by jack247

Nobody refers to us City at all. You aren't stupid enough to think they do because it fits a song better than 'The Swans'.

You brought the medium of song into it for some reason. Did you honestly think he was talking about Swansea City?

If you mean the guy that said 'I agree with Jackfath' then quite clearly I disagree with him as well. I'm disagreeing with your point not you as a person.

#complex

Clearly they do as they sing the song. You've heard it as have I as have all the supports there. I'm not sure why you are making the distinction between the song and what is written here.

I thought, when I read the title "nice group for City" he was referring to Swansea City as this is a SCFC board, as I've stated numerous times.

I'm not sure why you aren't understanding these points.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 21:57]

Nice group for City on 22:02 - Aug 26 with 450 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 21:56 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Clearly they do as they sing the song. You've heard it as have I as have all the supports there. I'm not sure why you are making the distinction between the song and what is written here.

I thought, when I read the title "nice group for City" he was referring to Swansea City as this is a SCFC board, as I've stated numerous times.

I'm not sure why you aren't understanding these points.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 21:57]

If he had sung that song and had been referring to Manchester City, I wouldn't have commented on you questioning it. I'd have agreed with you. But he didn't.

To have commented, you would have had to open the post and read the full breakdown of the Champions League draw and a line about Manchester City's group. The penny would have dropped for most people.

How do you think City will get on tomorrow?
Nice group for City on 22:04 - Aug 26 with 449 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 22:02 - Aug 26 by jack247

If he had sung that song and had been referring to Manchester City, I wouldn't have commented on you questioning it. I'd have agreed with you. But he didn't.

To have commented, you would have had to open the post and read the full breakdown of the Champions League draw and a line about Manchester City's group. The penny would have dropped for most people.

How do you think City will get on tomorrow?

Bristol?

Be specific. Don't assume people know what you're talking about especially when posting on a board for SWANSEA CITY fans. Not Manchester CITY fans. Or was it Leicester CITY he was referring to?

Nice group for City on 22:10 - Aug 26 with 440 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 22:04 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Bristol?

Be specific. Don't assume people know what you're talking about especially when posting on a board for SWANSEA CITY fans. Not Manchester CITY fans. Or was it Leicester CITY he was referring to?

That's exactly the point. If I'd said the Swans, you would have known exactly who I was talking about. If we were Man City fans on a Man City board, you would have known exactly who I was talking about.

We aren't known as City, they are.

Your debating skills are top notch, but even you can't polish a turd.
Nice group for City on 22:12 - Aug 26 with 434 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 22:10 - Aug 26 by jack247

That's exactly the point. If I'd said the Swans, you would have known exactly who I was talking about. If we were Man City fans on a Man City board, you would have known exactly who I was talking about.

We aren't known as City, they are.

Your debating skills are top notch, but even you can't polish a turd.

Yes but he didn't, did he. He referred to CITY. I mistakenly thought it was the Swans he was referring to. I apologised he called me a tvvat. You thought you'd join in and now you're arguing your point - even though, clearly you're incorrect on this one.

Any more?

Nice group for City on 22:14 - Aug 26 with 431 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 22:12 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Yes but he didn't, did he. He referred to CITY. I mistakenly thought it was the Swans he was referring to. I apologised he called me a tvvat. You thought you'd join in and now you're arguing your point - even though, clearly you're incorrect on this one.

Any more?

Even after reading his post?
Nice group for City on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 428 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 22:14 - Aug 26 by jack247

Even after reading his post?

His post?

Nice group for City on 22:17 - Aug 26 with 425 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 22:16 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

His post?

Yes, the opening post on this thread
Nice group for City on 22:18 - Aug 26 with 423 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 22:17 - Aug 26 by jack247

Yes, the opening post on this thread

Yes. Have you not read what I have written at all?

Nice group for City on 22:20 - Aug 26 with 419 viewsjack247

Nice group for City on 22:18 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Yes. Have you not read what I have written at all?

Absolutely. I just can't understand how a functioning adult could mistake that for a post about the Swans.
Nice group for City on 22:22 - Aug 26 with 414 viewsJackfath

Nice group for City on 22:20 - Aug 26 by jack247

Absolutely. I just can't understand how a functioning adult could mistake that for a post about the Swans.

This is planet swans which is a forum for Swansea City.
The post was called Nice group for CIty
I was expecting a thread about us, you know, Swansea CIty.

I asked for clarification, I was called a tvvat, I apologised. You seem to be unable to digest that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024