Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A rather chilling drugs war ... 03:39 - Aug 26 with 2739 viewsDJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37172002

Your thoughts/perceptions.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 13:33 - Aug 26 with 1125 viewsskippyjack

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 13:26 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

What . Phillipnes different country.

That ll be why they have a different system.

There is no guarantee legalising drugs will make matters better.

I'm not going into detail about my previous roles but trust me I'm in a better position than most to comment. I say comment as thst s all it is

I'm not sure it's sinking in yet.. but comparing Lisbon and the UK to the Philippine drug trade.. is beyond 'mental'.

The Philippines is going through a civil war on drugs.. literally guns, barracks and army tactics.. For territory control.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 13:38 - Aug 26 with 1117 viewsperchrockjack

Now look young cock, you ain't a getting away with that.

I didn't bring up either country into the debate.

Fair?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 15:37 - Aug 26 with 1084 viewsGroo

I don't know what the answer is but I can't believe that this is the answer.

It's legalised murder, no burden of evidence required, the people have a free reign to kill anyone as long as they say 'drug dealer' after.

I've only been to the Philipines once, in the 90's, it was a desperately poor Country as it still is. I remember seeing a car park attendant sitting at the entrance to the car park, cleaning his gun, armed guards outside places such as 7/11 and MacDonalds.

We chose to go to Chinatown on a whim, it was outside the tourist area, there were tents where people lived all along the river, the river was full of crap. There was a fenced shanty town in the historic area of the town, looked like an old Western fort, with 12 foot high wooden walls, when you looked in the gateway it was full of shacks with raised wooden walkways, multiiple electric meters hung from the wooden wall.

Homeless children roamed the streets, easy prey for a certain type of tourist. We went to a bar that had music on, it was packed and the nearest tables to the men's toilets was taken by groups of young women looking for tourists.

It is a desperateky poor Country, that's for sure and they have many problems, especially with drugs. They have local warlords who kidnap foreigners and locals for money, a Canadian was recently executed there.

Leglised murder with no desire for proof though, it can't be right.

Groo does what Groo does best

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 15:47 - Aug 26 with 1078 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 11:43 - Aug 26 by skippyjack

The Philippines deal with homemade crystal meth and heroin.. The government order hit men.. because they carry AK47s, a machine gun, and snipers around every drug field.. They have 100 thousand drug workers.. practically an army.

This is why the Philippine govt are so cut throat.. drug cartels are practically controlling the land mass with heavy weaponry.

People in the Philippines are dirt poor, so working for the drug business seems a legitimate career choice.

Understood, I just don't see why Duterte doesn't focus the effort on the "five kingpens."

I agree to some extent with controversial_jack - kill all these bottom-level distributors, someone else is just going to take their place. The threat of murder is a better deterrent than the threat of jail time, but that's a tricky path to head down.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 16:07 - Aug 26 with 1064 viewsBatterseajack

a much more pleasant war on drugs

[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 16:08]
A rather chilling drugs war ... on 16:15 - Aug 26 with 1054 viewsGroo

400 years ago someone could point at another and scream 'Witch'.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/girl-5-latest-victim-in-philippines-war-on-drugs-201

Groo does what Groo does best

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 16:16 - Aug 26 with 1053 viewsTom1912

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 13:26 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

What . Phillipnes different country.

That ll be why they have a different system.

There is no guarantee legalising drugs will make matters better.

I'm not going into detail about my previous roles but trust me I'm in a better position than most to comment. I say comment as thst s all it is

But Portugal, a reasonably enough similar country to the UK did make things better by legalising drugs
A rather chilling drugs war ... on 16:20 - Aug 26 with 1049 viewssmoulder

Wouldn't killing people, before finding them guilty in a court of law......be unlawful ??
Login to get fewer ads

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 1023 viewsperchrockjack

Portugal similar to uk ? How.

Population a fraction of ours, different religion and social structure.

Better? How

Next time you re in Lisboa walk from the cabo de sobre to anjos . Better my dick it is.

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 22:29 - Aug 26 with 1004 viewsMillJack

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 13:05 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

Thank you for your respectful replies.
Gentlemen, they ARE like burglars and thieves insofar as they want a living for no real effort.

We have kids whose families sacrifice much to get an eventually lucrative living.

I've been to Lisbon and cascais many times and they have a big drug problem. Many inner city ares are no good and stink to high heaven.

Other countries have different cultures. Ours is liberal and ,attimes ,almost liaises fairer

! Repeat none of you have the answer, only opinion and mine is not unique.

Milljack. If you cannot envisage druggies buying free heroine in the night street and the effect it would have then I really can't take this debate further but a genuine thanks anyway to all.

"Druggies buying free heroine"

What the f@ck are you going on about?

You can state your position as a former police officer as much as you like, the fact of the matter is that your anti-drug view is as draconian as the laws that currently cover them.

Do you honestly think that by legalising drugs, and by correctly controlling their sale and usage, that the whole country is going somehow turn into a drug-fuelled waste land full of people shooting up in shopping centres and harassing children? You live in a world of your own Perch, I'll give you that.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 22:29]
A rather chilling drugs war ... on 23:11 - Aug 26 with 989 viewsDJack

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 09:46 - Aug 26 by controversial_jack

Drug dealers are not like burglars or car thieves. where you take them off the street and crime drops. Do that to drug dealers and another will take their place the next day and they will put the price up

100% Correct.

If I recall a briefing correctly (with my crap memory , meh!). There was an alleged(false) incident used to cut off the Isle of Sheppy and all the drug dealers were arrested...24 hours later the drug trade was up and running again with new dealers.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 23:13 - Aug 26 with 989 viewsDJack

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 11:27 - Aug 26 by DafyddHuw

Extra-judicial assassinations?

Why does anybody even begin to think that this is OK?

Thank you, the first to note the problem.

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 23:21 - Aug 26 with 987 viewsDJack

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 15:37 - Aug 26 by Groo

I don't know what the answer is but I can't believe that this is the answer.

It's legalised murder, no burden of evidence required, the people have a free reign to kill anyone as long as they say 'drug dealer' after.

I've only been to the Philipines once, in the 90's, it was a desperately poor Country as it still is. I remember seeing a car park attendant sitting at the entrance to the car park, cleaning his gun, armed guards outside places such as 7/11 and MacDonalds.

We chose to go to Chinatown on a whim, it was outside the tourist area, there were tents where people lived all along the river, the river was full of crap. There was a fenced shanty town in the historic area of the town, looked like an old Western fort, with 12 foot high wooden walls, when you looked in the gateway it was full of shacks with raised wooden walkways, multiiple electric meters hung from the wooden wall.

Homeless children roamed the streets, easy prey for a certain type of tourist. We went to a bar that had music on, it was packed and the nearest tables to the men's toilets was taken by groups of young women looking for tourists.

It is a desperateky poor Country, that's for sure and they have many problems, especially with drugs. They have local warlords who kidnap foreigners and locals for money, a Canadian was recently executed there.

Leglised murder with no desire for proof though, it can't be right.

Cheers Groo. A Presidential edict "legalising" extra judicial murder/assassination is just wrong. It is "made worse" by the fact that the lower strata are the targets whilst the , rich/very rich kingpins are safe.

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 07:58 - Aug 27 with 953 viewsperchrockjack

And they are kingpins for a reason

A rather chilling drugs war ... on 20:59 - Sep 6 with 827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He's called both the Pope AND Obama " sons of whores". And the U.S. ambassador a"gay son of a bitch".

He's the Capitalist version of Kim Jung On !!!! Nutter!!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024