Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 18:07 - Aug 26 with 28652 viewsLandore_Jack

Fee agreed with Barnsley

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-agree-fee-barnsley-al
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 18:08]

#backtojack

Alfie Mawson on 23:55 - Aug 26 with 2954 viewsmonmouth

Alfie Mawson on 23:48 - Aug 26 by dobjack2

Nothing wrong with signing Mawson. Centre half with potential: issue is we now have 2 inexperienced centre halves as back up to a pairing that are not inspiring confidence at present.

Hopefully it will work out well but we are taking a risk.

There is no risk free option. Look at the appalling Otamende and Di Michalis at ManCy.

I hope this comes off. It feels a very 'old Swansea' thing to do.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Alfie Mawson on 00:10 - Aug 27 with 2911 viewsairedale

If the guy signs, it will be interesting to see what they do with him. For instance, will they try him with the kids first, or will he come straight into the first team squad, for consideration with selection for cup games initially?
Alfie Mawson on 01:03 - Aug 27 with 2838 viewsAussieSwan

Looks good for 5 million. Where would he sit with in the pecking order? Ahead, level or behind Van Der Hoorn?

And what does this mean for the Mbodj links?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Alfie Mawson on 02:18 - Aug 27 with 2755 viewsStarsky

Alfie Mawson on 22:03 - Aug 26 by vetchonian

I am summising you have only followed football during the era of the Premier league.propr to this many of the top first division clubs is the likes of Liverpool, ManuUtd etc would often recruit from the the "lower" leagues....Mark Lawrenson was one such example Steve Bruce Gary Pallister. Where did Bardy come from before he got to Leicester.
The problem with today's game is home grown talent rarely gets an opportunity

Back in the 70s, a 30' year old centre half signed for Man City from the lower leagues...
Anyone remover his name? He's a legend at MC

It's just the internet, init.

Alfie Mawson on 07:00 - Aug 27 with 2629 views3swan

Alfie Mawson on 02:18 - Aug 27 by Starsky

Back in the 70s, a 30' year old centre half signed for Man City from the lower leagues...

Centre Half around that time? Dave Watson
Alfie Mawson on 07:10 - Aug 27 with 2613 views3swan

As far as Alfie Mawson is concerned, sounds a good buy.

I can see him getting first team games as soon as he's settled in training
Alfie Mawson on 07:15 - Aug 27 with 2585 viewsjack247

Are these guys - Mawson, Mbodj, VdH likely to compete for the first team. Strength in depth is all well and good, but Amat is relatively unproven and it's debatable whether Fernandez is first team quality.
Alfie Mawson on 07:46 - Aug 27 with 2516 viewsraynor94

Tony Book was 32 years old when he signed for City from Plymouth, but he was a right back

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 08:16 - Aug 27 with 2454 viewsWhiterockin

Alfie Mawson on 07:15 - Aug 27 by jack247

Are these guys - Mawson, Mbodj, VdH likely to compete for the first team. Strength in depth is all well and good, but Amat is relatively unproven and it's debatable whether Fernandez is first team quality.

I don't think Mawson has come here to be 4th choice and be for the under 23's. If the reports are correct about him he could well be pushing for first team football in a couple of months. We also have van der Hoorn who I think will be behind Mawson. Before the season started I thought that Fernandez and Amat would be OK and reasonably solid, but they have disappointed me in the first two games and look very shaky. I think we still need a first choice center half ASAP and let one go, possibly Fernandez. As for Bartley I hope he never comes back.
Alfie Mawson on 08:32 - Aug 27 with 2395 viewsjack247

Alfie Mawson on 08:16 - Aug 27 by Whiterockin

I don't think Mawson has come here to be 4th choice and be for the under 23's. If the reports are correct about him he could well be pushing for first team football in a couple of months. We also have van der Hoorn who I think will be behind Mawson. Before the season started I thought that Fernandez and Amat would be OK and reasonably solid, but they have disappointed me in the first two games and look very shaky. I think we still need a first choice center half ASAP and let one go, possibly Fernandez. As for Bartley I hope he never comes back.

Agree with most of that. It's only two league games as a partnership in all fairness, but Fernandez didn't overly impress me last season. I'd have liked to have signed someone proven who could go straight into the first team. What looks to be a squad player and someone who may push for first team isn't really what we needed. Hopefully one of them will step up to the plate.

Very much doubt Bartley will be coming back if he is fifth choice.
Alfie Mawson on 08:43 - Aug 27 with 2358 viewsWhiterockin

Alfie Mawson on 08:32 - Aug 27 by jack247

Agree with most of that. It's only two league games as a partnership in all fairness, but Fernandez didn't overly impress me last season. I'd have liked to have signed someone proven who could go straight into the first team. What looks to be a squad player and someone who may push for first team isn't really what we needed. Hopefully one of them will step up to the plate.

Very much doubt Bartley will be coming back if he is fifth choice.

I know its only two games. But at Burnley they really were lacking, both got yellow cards and with the man to man marking, at set plays, either could have gone. I hope they settle but it seems to me that both need a dominant defender playing alongside them. I hope I am wrong but if Vardy runs at them today one could go.
Alfie Mawson on 08:45 - Aug 27 with 2354 viewscsf

Had a bit of a mouthful last night from an friend when I said I didn't think he would step straight into the team or be an immediate replacement for Williams. Told me I had no idea how seriously good Mawson is.
Alfie Mawson on 09:05 - Aug 27 with 2295 viewsairedale

Just had a thought, if we bring him in via cup games, one of his first matches could be against Man City!
Alfie Mawson on 09:08 - Aug 27 with 2282 viewsvetchonian

Alfie Mawson on 23:00 - Aug 26 by skippyjack

Andrew Robertson - Hull
Harry Maguire - Hull
Michael Dawson - Hull
Sam Rickettts - Hull
Ben Davies - Swansea
Barrow - Swansea
Kingsley - Swansea
Ashley Williams - Swansea
Nathan Dyer - Swansea
Leon Britton - Swansea
John Stones - Man City
Carl Jenkinson - Swansea
Gareth MaCauley - West Brom
James McLean - West Brom
Craig Dawson - West Brom

1000s of players have come from the lower leagues and have become a success..

Roy Keane become one of the greatest players to grace a football pitch.. and he played for Cobh Ramblers for f*ck sake.

Gianfranco Zola played in the Italian Lower Leagues.. but was considered a Premier League and Serie A superstar.

Peter Schmeichel was 24 before Brondby picked him up.

Are you aware of that bloke called Gareth Bale?

Harry Kane is alright ain't he.

Kevin Phillips anyone?

Joe Hart?

Tim Cahill?

Peter Beardsley?

Pallister?

Dixon?

Sheringham?

Ian Wright?

Andy Cole?

Well put Skip

The problem is some on here think we have to sign big names or "established" players
But then the same will offer the likes of Lee Trundle as the solution to our goal scoring problems he who came from non league football then div 4 and couldn't estBlish himself in the championship but think he can waltz Ito the pl!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alfie Mawson on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 2281 viewsBorojack

Was that Alan Hole his father played for the Swans as well.
Was one half of 4 sets of brothers who played for us.
Who were they then without google will take some working out.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Alfie Mawson on 09:11 - Aug 27 with 2271 views3swan

Link posted by J4cka on SCFC Guestbook

http://www.efl.com//news/article/2015/barnsleys-alfie-mawson-wins-football-leagu
Alfie Mawson on 09:12 - Aug 27 with 2266 viewsWhiterockin

Alfie Mawson on 09:05 - Aug 27 by airedale

Just had a thought, if we bring him in via cup games, one of his first matches could be against Man City!

It will be interesting to see how seriously both clubs take this match and what teams get played. Man City have Bournemouth home on the previous Saturday while we are away to Southampton on the Sunday. If the match is not moved to the Wednesday we will probably have to put a reserve team anyway.
Alfie Mawson on 09:37 - Aug 27 with 2166 viewsjack247

Alfie Mawson on 08:43 - Aug 27 by Whiterockin

I know its only two games. But at Burnley they really were lacking, both got yellow cards and with the man to man marking, at set plays, either could have gone. I hope they settle but it seems to me that both need a dominant defender playing alongside them. I hope I am wrong but if Vardy runs at them today one could go.

Bang on. A lot on here thought Amat was a natural replacement for Williams. Understandably so, but he was never going to come in and take over the leadership role. As much as Williams could get into a sulk when things weren't going his way, he did have the qualities required to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Between him and Monk, we have had a good leader at the back for a very long time. Now we don't.
Alfie Mawson on 10:16 - Aug 27 with 2073 viewsdougie

Alfie Mawson on 09:05 - Aug 27 by airedale

Cup tied ?
Alfie Mawson on 10:18 - Aug 27 with 2063 viewsdougie

Alfie Mawson on 08:45 - Aug 27 by csf

Had a bit of a mouthful last night from an friend when I said I didn't think he would step straight into the team or be an immediate replacement for Williams. Told me I had no idea how seriously good Mawson is.

I had a text from a mate who watched him a few times last year. ' you lot have just made a seriously good signing '
Alfie Mawson on 10:19 - Aug 27 with 2059 viewsmagicdaps10

Well lets hope the guy turns out to be another Vardy or Stones rather than another Harley,Scott Donelly,Curtis Obang or Jamie Proctor.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Alfie Mawson on 10:22 - Aug 27 with 2047 viewsWhiterockin

Alfie Mawson on 10:16 - Aug 27 by dougie

Cup tied ?

Yes played against Northampton.
Alfie Mawson on 10:23 - Aug 27 with 2039 viewsdougie

Alfie Mawson on 09:11 - Aug 27 by 3swan

Link posted by J4cka on SCFC Guestbook

http://www.efl.com//news/article/2015/barnsleys-alfie-mawson-wins-football-leagu

Made club captain straightaway at Barnsley. A born leader ? . I think this boy will be in the first team within weeks.
Alfie Mawson on 10:24 - Aug 27 with 2032 viewsmax936

I wonder where Mbodj is going to then as Anderlecht fans seem to think he's off, Everton?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Alfie Mawson on 10:37 - Aug 27 with 1963 viewsjack247

Alfie Mawson on 10:23 - Aug 27 by dougie

Made club captain straightaway at Barnsley. A born leader ? . I think this boy will be in the first team within weeks.

That would be great if he is up to PL level. A born leader at the back is exactly what we need
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024