Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 18:07 - Aug 26 with 28630 viewsLandore_Jack

Fee agreed with Barnsley

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-agree-fee-barnsley-al
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 18:08]

#backtojack

Alfie Mawson on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 4511 viewsoldcob

I hope half the posters on here don't serve on a jury. Poor Alfie has already been judged guilty even before the trial.
Alfie Mawson on 19:15 - Aug 26 with 4507 viewsexiledclaseboy

Battle of the Magic Dapses.

Poll: Tory leader

Alfie Mawson on 19:16 - Aug 26 with 4502 viewsGriffting

Actually quite excited about this transfer. Good business from the club IMO.
Alfie Mawson on 19:17 - Aug 26 with 4486 viewsclloy2

Alfie Mawson on 19:04 - Aug 26 by MagicDaps

Seen him play then have you?

Your going to be disgusted in a player being Ash's replacement who you've never seen play. That isn't positive.

Should I remind you how many games Ashley Williams had played at Championship level when we signed him?

Didn't we sign him from Stockport ?
Alfie Mawson on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 4461 viewsoldcob

Alfie Mawson on 19:16 - Aug 26 by Griffting

Actually quite excited about this transfer. Good business from the club IMO.

Me too Griff. If he can chip in a few goals from set pieces, something we haven't had from a centre back for years.
Alfie Mawson on 19:22 - Aug 26 with 4437 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I remember the Ashley who? posts.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Alfie Mawson on 19:23 - Aug 26 with 4423 viewsjasper_T

Alfie Mawson on 19:02 - Aug 26 by MagicDaps

The Man. City that spent roughly a combined £100 million on John Stones and Raheem Sterling and have spent big money on inadequate squad players because of their home grown status in recent years in Delph, Rodwell, Johnson, Sinclair?

They're about to lose the second of two homegrown goalkeepers this summer.

They have less than us and play a lot more games, many in the European games where restrictions are even tighter.

We registered Lee Lucas last season. Losing a few homegrown players won't make a noticeable difference.
Alfie Mawson on 19:27 - Aug 26 with 4378 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Alfie Mawson on 19:03 - Aug 26 by JonnyTheJack

Rave reviews from Barnsley fans.

I'd rather sign this lad than some unknown from the Belgian league.

Quite.

If he was called Alfonso Mawzanovic and we were signing him from Dinamo Zagreb he'd be hailed as a world beater. on here. Alfie from Barnsley just isn't cool...

I remember another defender going to a Prem club from Barnsley a couple of years ago, John someone or other, don't think he ended up too shabby.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 19:31 - Aug 26 with 4337 viewspencoedjack

Alfie Mawson on 18:47 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

There was positivity in it IF you read the first part.

The second part of it was reality.

I will be absolutely disgusted if this is Ash's replacement. A player who has played L2 and L1 and 3 games in the championship.

Sorry fella see no positivity in signing a player for 5 million to play in the under 23s.

I guess some Everton fans wondered about a young John Stones signing for them from Barnsley

The Ginge will get my support anyway 👍
Alfie Mawson on 19:32 - Aug 26 with 4315 viewsBorojack

Alfie Mawson on 19:27 - Aug 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Quite.

If he was called Alfonso Mawzanovic and we were signing him from Dinamo Zagreb he'd be hailed as a world beater. on here. Alfie from Barnsley just isn't cool...

I remember another defender going to a Prem club from Barnsley a couple of years ago, John someone or other, don't think he ended up too shabby.

Never heard of Alfie Mawson but never heard of any of the foreign players we have been linked with either.
Hopefully will challenge Amat and Fernandez.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Alfie Mawson on 19:37 - Aug 26 with 4263 viewsMagicDaps

Alfie Mawson on 19:17 - Aug 26 by clloy2

Didn't we sign him from Stockport ?

What, we're signing a 24 year old centre half from League 2 Stockport? Disgusting if he's being brought in to replace Dennis Lawrence.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Alfie Mawson on 19:48 - Aug 26 with 4162 viewsmagicdaps10

When we signed Ashley Williams from Stockport,we were on the verge of promotion from the the third tier to the second tier, signing a guy with 3 games under his belt in the second tier to play premier league football..............replacing a centre half who captained a team to the semi final of the the European Championships!!

Boys, i can see the potential to the deal but we have not replaced Ash with an adequate replacement. Fair enough to be positive but lets not sugar coat this.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Alfie Mawson on 19:49 - Aug 26 with 4155 viewscsf

I don't know much, but this I do, Alfie mawson is considered top notch at Wycombe, think he was there for an initial loan and then a season long the year we lost in the Playoffs at Wembley. Reading a few bit, and some say he's the best CB they've seen there, decent praise when Williamson, Johnson and Martin have all come through the Wycombe team as well as Taylor from Newcastle who was there on loan many moons ago..

Has got a lot of potential. Can play the ball and has a goal in him. For me personally, I wouldn' have him as Ash's immediate replacement but think he will do well in the long term.
Alfie Mawson on 19:51 - Aug 26 with 4136 viewsmonmouth

Alfie Mawson on 19:15 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

Battle of the Magic Dapses.

That was baffling the bejusus out of me, especially as one is eminently sensible and the other is a hapless random that can't get anything right.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Alfie Mawson on 19:52 - Aug 26 with 4114 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alfie Mawson on 19:51 - Aug 26 by monmouth

That was baffling the bejusus out of me, especially as one is eminently sensible and the other is a hapless random that can't get anything right.

The sensible ones stick out like a sore thumb on here.

Alfie Mawson on 19:54 - Aug 26 with 3485 viewsMurph75

I'm all for giving the lad a chance. We've all got to start somewhere.
Alfie Mawson on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 3466 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

How about

Welcome to Swansea Alfie , good luck , seems Barnsley fans rate you very highly

All the best .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Alfie Mawson on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 3466 viewscsf

Alfie Mawson on 19:49 - Aug 26 by csf

I don't know much, but this I do, Alfie mawson is considered top notch at Wycombe, think he was there for an initial loan and then a season long the year we lost in the Playoffs at Wembley. Reading a few bit, and some say he's the best CB they've seen there, decent praise when Williamson, Johnson and Martin have all come through the Wycombe team as well as Taylor from Newcastle who was there on loan many moons ago..

Has got a lot of potential. Can play the ball and has a goal in him. For me personally, I wouldn' have him as Ash's immediate replacement but think he will do well in the long term.

Got it wrong, just the one season, but there for most of it.
Alfie Mawson on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 3421 viewsexiledclaseboy

He hasn't signed yet anyway. We'll probably offer him minimum wage and some dinner tickets.

Alfie Mawson on 20:05 - Aug 26 with 3364 viewsOldjack

Alfie Mawson on 19:55 - Aug 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

How about

Welcome to Swansea Alfie , good luck , seems Barnsley fans rate you very highly

All the best .

This

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Alfie Mawson on 20:21 - Aug 26 with 3239 viewsdougie

Lest we forget we came to the premier league with championship players. Watford and Bournemouth the same last year. Hull beat us last weekend with ' championship ' players. There are going to be good championship players plying their trade in the prem alongside sexy named foreigners . There are a lot of sh1t foreign players that never make it in the prem yet many think this is not a big signing. There are a lot of very good ex championship players.

To me a big signing isn't the fee or the name. It's what the player can do for us . This isn't a mangers pick. It's obviously the scouts. The same scouts that we slate for not finding the next real deal. Let's see if this guy is. A leader can lead at 22.

Before we ASSUME anything let's see what he brings.
Alfie Mawson on 20:29 - Aug 26 with 3168 viewsKingBony

Alfie Mawson on 18:35 - Aug 26 by WarwickHunt

A ginger fourth choice CB - this won't end well...

correct

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Alfie Mawson on 20:32 - Aug 26 with 3148 viewstomdickharry

Lets get one thing straight he isn't coming here to play in the under23's,he's coming for regular first team football,the big question is who's he going to replace.Wish the young man all the very best,am sure he'll do well in the PL.
Good signing.
Alfie Mawson on 20:54 - Aug 26 with 2991 viewsDaggyjack

Good player, good fee for a player who will no doubt improve..good signing
Welcome to Swansea Alfie.
Alfie Mawson on 21:04 - Aug 26 with 2918 viewsraynor94

Alfie Mawson on 19:04 - Aug 26 by MagicDaps

Seen him play then have you?

Your going to be disgusted in a player being Ash's replacement who you've never seen play. That isn't positive.

Should I remind you how many games Ashley Williams had played at Championship level when we signed him?

Of course he hasn't seen him play, never mind another week and we won't hear off him till January

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024