Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 18:07 - Aug 26 with 28343 viewsLandore_Jack

Fee agreed with Barnsley

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-agree-fee-barnsley-al
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 18:08]

#backtojack

Alfie Mawson on 21:07 - Aug 26 with 3138 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I like this signing, if we were after him it seems strange to wait until now though?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Alfie Mawson on 21:10 - Aug 26 with 3118 viewsskippyjack

Good signing.. we need that lower league.. no nonsense type centre half.. without the continental nancy boy approach.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Alfie Mawson on 21:21 - Aug 26 with 3050 viewsThornburyswan

Alfie Mawson on 19:03 - Aug 26 by JonnyTheJack

Rave reviews from Barnsley fans.

I'd rather sign this lad than some unknown from the Belgian league.

Nail & head come to mind, my thoughts too.
Alfie Mawson on 21:28 - Aug 26 with 2998 viewsjasper_T

Fck him.

He's not a Swansea player yet.
Alfie Mawson on 21:42 - Aug 26 with 2920 viewsnyc_swans

Barnsley developed John Stones and Mason Holgate (backed for a huge future at Everton). It seems they know a thing or 2 about developing a center back. If they rate this fella too, I hold their opinions pretty high.

all the best, Alfie.
Alfie Mawson on 22:03 - Aug 26 with 2809 viewsvetchonian

Alfie Mawson on 19:48 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

When we signed Ashley Williams from Stockport,we were on the verge of promotion from the the third tier to the second tier, signing a guy with 3 games under his belt in the second tier to play premier league football..............replacing a centre half who captained a team to the semi final of the the European Championships!!

Boys, i can see the potential to the deal but we have not replaced Ash with an adequate replacement. Fair enough to be positive but lets not sugar coat this.

I am summising you have only followed football during the era of the Premier league.propr to this many of the top first division clubs is the likes of Liverpool, ManuUtd etc would often recruit from the the "lower" leagues....Mark Lawrenson was one such example Steve Bruce Gary Pallister. Where did Bardy come from before he got to Leicester.
The problem with today's game is home grown talent rarely gets an opportunity

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alfie Mawson on 22:15 - Aug 26 with 2731 viewsGixerJack

Maybe the way FG kept saying we will sign a centre alf was a clue
Alfie Mawson on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 2722 viewsmagicdaps10

Alfie Mawson on 22:03 - Aug 26 by vetchonian

I am summising you have only followed football during the era of the Premier league.propr to this many of the top first division clubs is the likes of Liverpool, ManuUtd etc would often recruit from the the "lower" leagues....Mark Lawrenson was one such example Steve Bruce Gary Pallister. Where did Bardy come from before he got to Leicester.

I am summising you have only followed football during the era of the Premier league.

Dont patronize me good lad. I dont need to prove myself to you or any other on here for my support of my club...............1988 was when i started supporting the Swans.

Someone on this post asked a good question, why wait until now to sign him !?! Digest that question and think about it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 22:20 - Aug 26 with 2684 viewsvetchonian

Alfie Mawson on 22:16 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

I am summising you have only followed football during the era of the Premier league.

Dont patronize me good lad. I dont need to prove myself to you or any other on here for my support of my club...............1988 was when i started supporting the Swans.

Someone on this post asked a good question, why wait until now to sign him !?! Digest that question and think about it.

Well we weren't expecting Ash to go maybe?
Plan I guess was to develop Amat alongside Ash with the Dutch guy as back up.,suspect club has been watching him and now sign him also negotiations can take time

Alfie Mawson on 22:20 - Aug 26 with 2682 viewsandypitt56

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3443014/Barnsley-defender-Alfi

I know it's the daily fail but some indication as to the type of player he is. Barnsley fans are gutted he's leaving and and giving it the "he should have gone to a bigger club"...
Alfie Mawson on 22:21 - Aug 26 with 2671 viewsskippyjack

Jesus.. the bloke hasn't even had a medical yet.. he's rated as one of the best CHs in the lower leagues.. played over 100 professional games in fairly competitive leagues..and is only 22..

No language barrier.. will settle fairly quickly.. 5 million isn't a lot for a club like us anymore.

John Stones was alright for a lower league plodder.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Alfie Mawson on 22:22 - Aug 26 with 2659 viewsmagicdaps10

Alfie Mawson on 22:03 - Aug 26 by vetchonian

Mark Lawrenson was signed by first division Liverpool from first division BHA.
Steve Bruce was signed by first division Man Utd from first division Norwich.
Gary Pallister was signed by first division Man Utd from first division Middlesbrough.

Jamie Vardy is a one in 100 signing.

I am not discounting Mawson as a player and what he can do in the future. It is clear we need a player with experience of a higher level of football to compliment the three we already have here.

Alfie Mawson on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 2626 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Maybe someone wanted to see how he coped with the championship for a few games before they made an offer. Maybe waiting half a season and buying him in January would have made more sense unless the reports were so good that a bigger club than us would be coming in in January.

Who knows?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Alfie Mawson on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 2624 viewsNeathJack

Alfie Mawson on 22:22 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Gary Pallister was signed by first division Man Utd from first division Middlesbrough.

I am not discounting Mawson as a player and what he can do in the future. It is clear we need a player with experience of a higher level of football to compliment the three we already have here.

Bartley fits your criteria......
Alfie Mawson on 22:27 - Aug 26 with 2611 viewsJackfath

I'm sure Mr Mawson will be happy at City.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Alfie Mawson on 22:27 - Aug 26 with 2602 viewsmagicdaps10

Alfie Mawson on 22:20 - Aug 26 by vetchonian

Well we weren't expecting Ash to go maybe?
Plan I guess was to develop Amat alongside Ash with the Dutch guy as back up.,suspect club has been watching him and now sign him also negotiations can take time

I am all for signing him if he has the potential like Stones but to suggest or even think he is capable to battle for the first team is ludicrous.

We need a player who is able to slot in next to either Amat or Fernandez straight away. Ok, the club could follow this signing up with another centre half and state they had to move quick on Mawson or miss out on him.........if that were the case then i take back all i have typed in view that i think he has signed as major first team competition.

Alfie Mawson on 22:28 - Aug 26 with 2587 viewsvetchonian

Alfie Mawson on 22:22 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

And where did Norwich find Bruce?

I think you will find Middlesbrough were in Div2 when Pallister transferred following their season in Div 1 after successive promoting form div 3 relegated back to div 2 after only one season
And by the way we signed an Argentinian international and World Cup finalist for 8m but everyone is now declaring him a flop so what does that tell you
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 22:37]

Alfie Mawson on 22:37 - Aug 26 with 2531 viewsmagicdaps10

Alfie Mawson on 22:28 - Aug 26 by vetchonian

And where did Norwich find Bruce?

I think you will find Middlesbrough were in Div2 when Pallister transferred following their season in Div 1 after successive promoting form div 3 relegated back to div 2 after only one season
And by the way we signed an Argentinian international and World Cup finalist for 8m but everyone is now declaring him a flop so what does that tell you
[Post edited 26 Aug 2016 22:37]

Yes, but United were wise to sign him after atleast one season of testing himself in the top flight........they did not sign him direct from 3rd division Gillingham.

In cold light of day, we are signing a player fresh from a full season in league one that could cost us 5M who is replacing our stalwart captain who has 5 years premier league experience, domestic and international European experience.

I am not knocking the lad or what he has or what he will become, my annoyance is aimed at the club for not investing in what is required for the here and now.

Alfie Mawson on 22:50 - Aug 26 with 2453 viewsraynor94

Alfie Mawson on 22:37 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Yes, but United were wise to sign him after atleast one season of testing himself in the top flight........they did not sign him direct from 3rd division Gillingham.

In cold light of day, we are signing a player fresh from a full season in league one that could cost us 5M who is replacing our stalwart captain who has 5 years premier league experience, domestic and international European experience.

I am not knocking the lad or what he has or what he will become, my annoyance is aimed at the club for not investing in what is required for the here and now.

So who is the here and now?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Alfie Mawson on 22:57 - Aug 26 with 2416 viewslonglostjack

Just got connected after forgetting to charge phone and doing a Corbyn on the 19.15 GWR out of Paddington - log on to PS and - what's it all about? - Alfie!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Alfie Mawson on 22:58 - Aug 26 with 2409 viewsmagicdaps10

Alfie Mawson on 22:50 - Aug 26 by raynor94

So who is the here and now?

Acerbi, Hector Moreno, John Brooks, Oscar Duarte.

There is a few.

Alfie Mawson on 23:00 - Aug 26 with 2393 viewsskippyjack

Andrew Robertson - Hull
Harry Maguire - Hull
Michael Dawson - Hull
Sam Rickettts - Hull
Ben Davies - Swansea
Barrow - Swansea
Kingsley - Swansea
Ashley Williams - Swansea
Nathan Dyer - Swansea
Leon Britton - Swansea
John Stones - Man City
Carl Jenkinson - Swansea
Gareth MaCauley - West Brom
James McLean - West Brom
Craig Dawson - West Brom

1000s of players have come from the lower leagues and have become a success..

Roy Keane become one of the greatest players to grace a football pitch.. and he played for Cobh Ramblers for f*ck sake.

Gianfranco Zola played in the Italian Lower Leagues.. but was considered a Premier League and Serie A superstar.

Peter Schmeichel was 24 before Brondby picked him up.

Are you aware of that bloke called Gareth Bale?

Harry Kane is alright ain't he.

Kevin Phillips anyone?

Joe Hart?

Tim Cahill?

Peter Beardsley?

Pallister?

Dixon?

Sheringham?

Ian Wright?

Andy Cole?

Alfie Mawson on 23:10 - Aug 26 with 2328 viewsGriffting

Guidolin said they have to decide if Swansea are to sign a direct replacement for ash or a young back up for Amat to step up. I think we have the decision. With 3 centre backs already at the club, we are unlikely to see another come in after this. The lad comes with a plethora of good reviews, and from a team becoming increasingly known for producing good centre backs. One thing I will say though is if we do sign him, we give him a chance. Don't banish him to the reserves for 2 years. He needs to play in order to carry on developing and reach his potential and I honestly cannot see how he could be worse than Fede right now.
Alfie Mawson on 23:28 - Aug 26 with 2271 viewsraynor94

Alfie Mawson on 22:58 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Acerbi, Hector Moreno, John Brooks, Oscar Duarte.

There is a few.

I'd prefer the route we are following with Mawson, a very inspired signing who will serve us well for years to come

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Alfie Mawson on 23:48 - Aug 26 with 2195 viewsdobjack2

Alfie Mawson on 22:37 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Nothing wrong with signing Mawson. Centre half with potential: issue is we now have 2 inexperienced centre halves as back up to a pairing that are not inspiring confidence at present.

Hopefully it will work out well but we are taking a risk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024