Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked 17:09 - Aug 27 with 3439 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

It is now almost universally accepted by Swansea fans that Huw Jenkins decides which players Swansea City sign. For almost three years he has bought players that do not fit the style of football that helped us gain a foothold in this division.

His choice of players not only restricts the capabilities of our manager but also has led to us overspending significantly on truly terrible footballers.

Unfortunately, it is obvious that he is blind to what he is doing and is not learning from his mistakes. We strayed from the transfer strategies of buying relatively cheap and promising players that others were afraid to do so (Michu, De Guzman etc) and instead wasted sums up to £16m on Gomis.

This has continued this season with Lord knows how much wasted on another waste of resources, Llorente. The players do not fit into the squad and our supposed ethos. We need to fire Jenkins as he has failed in his job as Director of Football and instead let the manager pick players. If we do not trust the manager to pick players then why is he given the job as manager anyway?

Anyway, Jenkins needs to go. The Italian manager and his coaching staff need to go and we need to headhunt a manager who can return us to what we once were.

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 1037 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:29 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Ok ..badly worded I admit. I mean criticisng him to such an extent as to call for him to be sacked. He's not above critcism and we need to spend but this thread is a joke.

Fair enough
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 1036 viewscostalotta

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:29 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Ok ..badly worded I admit. I mean criticisng him to such an extent as to call for him to be sacked. He's not above critcism and we need to spend but this thread is a joke.

I agree, this thread is a joke just no. It might not be in a while though.

Would you agree he has to up his game and get in the transfer market of 2016 and not one of previous years? Football is constantly changing and evolving and the transfer market is part of that. It seems Huw mindset here is maybe outdated. Is it Huw that needs a reset and re configuration with current transfer settings in place lol. The market is the market and players now go for more whether we or Huw likes it or not. Given the sky contract has gone up you'd think we'd be able to continue to compete.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 1037 viewsRancid

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:06 - Aug 27 by costalotta

Do you really think the introduction into that team will suddenly make us solid at the back, creative in the midfield and keep possession better than we are at this moment?

There's a lot of hard work requird ahead if we are to go with what we've got in not being one of the worst three teams this season.

No but we need a goalscorer and today for example might have got a point had we one in.We're going to be very reliant on this Baston lad and so is Huw.If he's a flop and a bad move then Jenkins should be replaced for 1.Retaining Guidolin and 2.Awful transfer dealings.He's not quite Tony Petty yet but agreed, he hasn't done himself any favours with the fans for a while now and should be removed by the owners if it all goes tits up this season.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:36 - Aug 27 with 1032 viewsmonmouth

Of course if we were to go down (and for what's it's worth I think we won't but it's looking uncomfortable for sure), it would be appropriate given that we've abandoned everything that took us to where we were. In many ways, I think I could live with it as I think we'd have brought it on ourselves - or rather our 'fans' board would have brought it on ourselves, and it would be a fitting epitaph for them.

Nope, still not happy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:39 - Aug 27 with 1023 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:36 - Aug 27 by monmouth

Of course if we were to go down (and for what's it's worth I think we won't but it's looking uncomfortable for sure), it would be appropriate given that we've abandoned everything that took us to where we were. In many ways, I think I could live with it as I think we'd have brought it on ourselves - or rather our 'fans' board would have brought it on ourselves, and it would be a fitting epitaph for them.

Nope, still not happy.

At a guess when would you say is the last time we played the "Swansea Way" (is that blog still going?)

I'd hedge a bet that we have fans who have never even seen the "Swansea Way"
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:40 - Aug 27 with 1018 viewsdeanscfc

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:35 - Aug 27 by costalotta

I agree, this thread is a joke just no. It might not be in a while though.

Would you agree he has to up his game and get in the transfer market of 2016 and not one of previous years? Football is constantly changing and evolving and the transfer market is part of that. It seems Huw mindset here is maybe outdated. Is it Huw that needs a reset and re configuration with current transfer settings in place lol. The market is the market and players now go for more whether we or Huw likes it or not. Given the sky contract has gone up you'd think we'd be able to continue to compete.

I definitely agree that we (that largely means HJ) need to up our game in the transfer window. For two seasons it hasn't been good enough. This window we needed a bit of an overhaul and it hasn't happened. I'm not against Guidolin as manager but I don't think he has the quality of players to work with.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:49 - Aug 27 with 988 viewscostalotta

I think FG is first a gentleman. He won't speak negatively of lack of support from HJ. Oddly, I have on more than one occasion sense an edginess at press conferences when asked about transfers. Maybe it's his way of distancing himself from the transfers in and out but I wouldn't be surprised if he feels a little let down so far.

Like last season if needed FG will default on pragmatic football. But if he's given the tools he can produce attacking teams. He's got form in Italy for doing that.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:51 - Aug 27 with 978 viewsmonmouth

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:39 - Aug 27 by Return_of_the_Jack

At a guess when would you say is the last time we played the "Swansea Way" (is that blog still going?)

When de Guz was still here. Norwich, Villa or Sunderland before Monk had a pre season to play 'shape'.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:53 - Aug 27 with 973 viewscostalotta

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:51 - Aug 27 by monmouth

When de Guz was still here. Norwich, Villa or Sunderland before Monk had a pre season to play 'shape'.

Not knocking de Guzman as I though he did well for us. But he's had a nightmare few years in Italy. I think his team may have even been relegated last season.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:57 - Aug 27 with 963 viewsmonmouth

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:53 - Aug 27 by costalotta

Not knocking de Guzman as I though he did well for us. But he's had a nightmare few years in Italy. I think his team may have even been relegated last season.

I wasn't highlighting him, just sticks in my mind when we played, the 'Swansea Way' last remembering those lovely goals against Norwich. Could equally have said Bony.

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:57 - Aug 27 with 964 viewsRancid

We could never stick with the 'Swansea way' forever.You should never stand still and will always have to tweak things to progress and with us it was usually forced upon us due to our success and personnel moving on.Huw got it spot on right up until Laudrup's departure.Since then he messed up appointing Monk but made the brilliant decision of appointing Guidolin who went on to keep up us with ease.We're 3 games in and lets see what happens.Obviously some fans want him out for selling the club, profitting and still remaining the main man down there too and who can blame them? I'd leave that decision to the Americans though and refrain form giving him the Petty treatment.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:58 - Aug 27 with 962 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:51 - Aug 27 by monmouth

I believe I first commented on how Monk was actively changing our style of play during one of the Napoli fixtures. Of course I was accused of trolling and what not.

We last played the 'Swansea Way' towards the end of Laudrup's reign.

Since Monk took over a clear change in philosophy was asked for by the manager and despite little passages of play occasionally where the players would show they were still capable of the previous style, new players being brought in such as Fernandez who looks less comfortable with a football at his feet than most centre backs in this league ensured the erosion was rapid.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 20:00]
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:17 - Aug 27 with 933 viewsperchrockjack

Good man

Eat my shorts

How many points does that get you

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:22 - Aug 27 with 913 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We need a multi billionaire to get all these great players we all want .

An Arab

Or chinaman

You know get us to where we all want to be .

Facking hell

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:24 - Aug 27 with 905 viewsmonmouth

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:22 - Aug 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

We need a multi billionaire to get all these great players we all want .

An Arab

Or chinaman

You know get us to where we all want to be .

Facking hell

I need more than that Tom. I need Marty McFly. I want to be in February 2013..

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:28 - Aug 27 with 917 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:24 - Aug 27 by monmouth

I need more than that Tom. I need Marty McFly. I want to be in February 2013..

I told you all sacking laudrup was our biggest mistake

Ridiculed with "fan boy ". I was 😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:36 - Aug 27 with 900 viewsperchrockjack

Ive always supported Jenkins especially in the second coming tirade days. Main reason being who replaces.

We haven't attracted any money men in six years which is a concern

For me,it's bad sales and worse buys.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:41 - Aug 27 with 881 viewsWxmJax

Give the OP a chance, they only signed up to the forum 5pm today.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 20:48 - Aug 27 with 858 viewsjackjackjackjack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:39 - Aug 27 by Return_of_the_Jack

We always used to slate the West Ham or Newcastle fans who complained that their team wasn't playing the right way, and that's what we've become. Decrying a probable middle-table Swansea team because the football isn't attractive enough.

Though I bet the Newcastle fans are enjoying winning games in the Championship (Shelvey scored a free kick today) more than struggling, and playing dire football, in the Premier.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 01:02 - Aug 28 with 740 viewsUplandsJack

OP - I agree totally HJ needs to go and go now. But for Guidolin, I'm sorry but I don't agree. He needs to take control of all things football and bring in some of the players HE actually wants within the budget we have available.

For others still defending HJ .... Smell the coffee & wake the FOOOK UP....
He, Monk and Co. caused the demise of the Laudrup era. Where we played generally our most attractive type of football in years...
His decision to replace him with Monk permanently at the end of that season when Keoman was almost begging for the gig was another. That combined with some poor signings since should be enough for anyone to realise his time is up....
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 01:13 - Aug 28 with 736 viewsgiantstoneater

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:20 - Aug 27 by skippyjack

Posts like this baffle me.. as if Huw was the sole proprietor of decision making throughout our rise.

It was a collective unity, of democratic principles.

The difference now, Huw is actually 'running the show'.

So selling our top goalscorer and our top defender was his fault but he must take huge plaudits for signing Fer!
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 02:13 - Aug 28 with 710 viewslonglostjack

Fck off scummer

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 10:15 - Aug 28 with 607 viewsblackflyingswan

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:09 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Unbelievable that people are speaking about Jenkins like this given what he has done for the club. I do agree that we should be spending money on the playing squad now though and the same could be said last season.

Thats in the past now is now .We need to spend or we are DOWN.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 10:20 - Aug 28 with 594 viewscostalotta

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 01:02 - Aug 28 by UplandsJack

OP - I agree totally HJ needs to go and go now. But for Guidolin, I'm sorry but I don't agree. He needs to take control of all things football and bring in some of the players HE actually wants within the budget we have available.

For others still defending HJ .... Smell the coffee & wake the FOOOK UP....
He, Monk and Co. caused the demise of the Laudrup era. Where we played generally our most attractive type of football in years...
His decision to replace him with Monk permanently at the end of that season when Keoman was almost begging for the gig was another. That combined with some poor signings since should be enough for anyone to realise his time is up....

Agree 100%

But the happy clappers will say he built up the club all on his own see! Oh and he appointed RM and has an mbe. You must critisise as heis infalable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024