Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked 17:09 - Aug 27 with 3440 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

It is now almost universally accepted by Swansea fans that Huw Jenkins decides which players Swansea City sign. For almost three years he has bought players that do not fit the style of football that helped us gain a foothold in this division.

His choice of players not only restricts the capabilities of our manager but also has led to us overspending significantly on truly terrible footballers.

Unfortunately, it is obvious that he is blind to what he is doing and is not learning from his mistakes. We strayed from the transfer strategies of buying relatively cheap and promising players that others were afraid to do so (Michu, De Guzman etc) and instead wasted sums up to £16m on Gomis.

This has continued this season with Lord knows how much wasted on another waste of resources, Llorente. The players do not fit into the squad and our supposed ethos. We need to fire Jenkins as he has failed in his job as Director of Football and instead let the manager pick players. If we do not trust the manager to pick players then why is he given the job as manager anyway?

Anyway, Jenkins needs to go. The Italian manager and his coaching staff need to go and we need to headhunt a manager who can return us to what we once were.

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:10 - Aug 27 with 2377 viewsskippyjack

Has T2C returned?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:12 - Aug 27 with 2327 viewsexiledclaseboy

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:10 - Aug 27 by skippyjack

Has T2C returned?

No, it's clearly DYSS.

Poll: Tory leader

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:18 - Aug 27 with 2256 viewsMorfa_Same

"We need to fire Jenkins as he has failed in his job as Director of Football and instead let the manager pick players. "

The manager doesn't seem to want to pick the signings. Which is probably why we hired him.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:18 - Aug 27 with 2246 viewsskippyjack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:12 - Aug 27 by exiledclaseboy

No, it's clearly DYSS.

Can't wait until we only pick up 1, 2 or 3 points.. 4 if we're lucky against..

Chelsea 0
Southampton 0
Man City 0
Liverpool 0
Arsenal 0
Watford 1
Stoke 0
Man Utd 0
Everton 0

could quite easily be this scenario.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 2198 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fantastic post

Anyone in mind ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:33 - Aug 27 with 2122 viewsPozuelosSideys

Careful what you wish for. The only person who is ever going to end up in a vacated position like that is Landon Donovan

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 2054 viewsdougie

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:33 - Aug 27 by PozuelosSideys

Careful what you wish for. The only person who is ever going to end up in a vacated position like that is Landon Donovan

Jenkins has run it this way for 14 years not the last 3. Hasn't done too bad has he all considering. At some stage in our amazing short term history the club won't get it right as we can't just buy ourselves out of trouble like some others.

Do we really want an American who has no idea of premier league football running the football side. Yes he did play 10 odd games for Everton but that doesn't make him a candidate for running our clubs football side.

We need to be careful what we wish for.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 2049 viewsHighjack

Wibble.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 18:26 - Aug 27 with 1911 viewsmonmouth

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 17:45 - Aug 27 by dougie

Jenkins has run it this way for 14 years not the last 3. Hasn't done too bad has he all considering. At some stage in our amazing short term history the club won't get it right as we can't just buy ourselves out of trouble like some others.

Do we really want an American who has no idea of premier league football running the football side. Yes he did play 10 odd games for Everton but that doesn't make him a candidate for running our clubs football side.

We need to be careful what we wish for.

I don't agree with the OP but why exactly can't we spend more?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 18:47 - Aug 27 with 1798 viewsdougie

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 18:26 - Aug 27 by monmouth

I don't agree with the OP but why exactly can't we spend more?

Probably coz we don't have deep pockets compared to some. Maybe the Americans will but in the past we couldn't . The previous board didn't have the money
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 1755 viewsswansealad69

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 18:47 - Aug 27 by dougie

Probably coz we don't have deep pockets compared to some. Maybe the Americans will but in the past we couldn't . The previous board didn't have the money

50m we made selling players since jan
Lets say we have spent half that
We are selling top players and not replacing them
Huw i think needs to go or come out and tell us why there is no money and were it has gone
This year there is more prwm money on offer and we aint even spentvthe money we made selling players
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:00 - Aug 27 with 1717 viewsRancid

Let's wait until Baston is fit and see what he can do.If he's a success and we start winning then Huw will have done his job well again this season.If he flops then his transfer dealings in and out will have been awful and the Americans should get shot of him.There's no way us fans should be 'uniting' to get rid of Huw Jenkins when he's been superb for us for so many years doing what he does.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:06 - Aug 27 with 1680 viewscostalotta

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:00 - Aug 27 by Rancid

Let's wait until Baston is fit and see what he can do.If he's a success and we start winning then Huw will have done his job well again this season.If he flops then his transfer dealings in and out will have been awful and the Americans should get shot of him.There's no way us fans should be 'uniting' to get rid of Huw Jenkins when he's been superb for us for so many years doing what he does.

Do you really think the introduction into that team will suddenly make us solid at the back, creative in the midfield and keep possession better than we are at this moment?

There's a lot of hard work requird ahead if we are to go with what we've got in not being one of the worst three teams this season.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:09 - Aug 27 with 1666 viewsdeanscfc

Unbelievable that people are speaking about Jenkins like this given what he has done for the club. I do agree that we should be spending money on the playing squad now though and the same could be said last season.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:15 - Aug 27 with 1607 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:09 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Unbelievable that people are speaking about Jenkins like this given what he has done for the club. I do agree that we should be spending money on the playing squad now though and the same could be said last season.

F*ck me you're a sheep aye. You will believe ANYTHING you're told, including the post brexit implosion of the British isles. I bet you've got From A Jack To A King on blueray haven't you. And the book..............................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:16 - Aug 27 with 1598 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:09 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Do me a favour, he's just helped to sell us out to some yanks?

We're not a charity, we don't owe anybody a living.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:17 - Aug 27 with 1593 viewscostalotta

In response to deans post above....

Not really. He appears to have sold us in a deal which at the moment does not inspire much optimism. He has apparently recruited awfully since laudrup was fired and remains in situ. I not saying he should be fired (yet) but also not going to say he's above cristisim for what he's done in the past. And let's be fair here, he's not the solely responsible for re emergence and rise to the EPL. Many not least the fans have all played their part.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 19:20]
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 1568 viewsvetchonian

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:17 - Aug 27 by costalotta

In response to deans post above....

Not really. He appears to have sold us in a deal which at the moment does not inspire much optimism. He has apparently recruited awfully since laudrup was fired and remains in situ. I not saying he should be fired (yet) but also not going to say he's above cristisim for what he's done in the past. And let's be fair here, he's not the solely responsible for re emergence and rise to the EPL. Many not least the fans have all played their part.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 19:20]

Here we go PS meltdown after only 3 games of the season and a loss to the current champions

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 1565 viewsskippyjack

Posts like this baffle me.. as if Huw was the sole proprietor of decision making throughout our rise.

It was a collective unity, of democratic principles.

The difference now, Huw is actually 'running the show'.

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:21 - Aug 27 with 1556 viewscostalotta

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:20 - Aug 27 by vetchonian

Here we go PS meltdown after only 3 games of the season and a loss to the current champions

Why is there a meltdown?
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:25 - Aug 27 with 1541 viewscostalotta

Couldn't agree more.

And if you have that view there's a meltdown? The only meltdown I'm witnessing is the one that appears to be taking place at the Liberty.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 19:26]
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:25 - Aug 27 with 1535 viewsdeanscfc

Again, sad to see people criticising someone who has played such a big part in our success. Chances are theat we would never be in this league without him. I never said he was above criticism - I'm criticising him myself today because we should be spending more money on the playing squad.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:27 - Aug 27 with 1508 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:25 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Again, sad to see people criticising someone who has played such a big part in our success. Chances are theat we would never be in this league without him. I never said he was above criticism - I'm criticising him myself today because we should be spending more money on the playing squad.

Read that again.
Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:28 - Aug 27 with 1488 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:25 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

"Again, sad to see people criticising someone who has played such a big part in our success."

"I'm criticising him myself today because we should be spending more money on the playing squad."

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:29 - Aug 27 with 1484 viewsdeanscfc

Time for fans to unite and demand Jenkins is sacked on 19:27 - Aug 27 by Return_of_the_Jack

Read that again.

Ok ..badly worded I admit. I mean criticisng him to such an extent as to call for him to be sacked. He's not above critcism and we need to spend but this thread is a joke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024