Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? 17:20 - Aug 27 with 4953 viewsdeanscfc

We've replaced on the striking position but that's about it. Let's not forget what a struggle last season was. Then we go and sell Williams and Ayew, get a cheap relacement for Williams and haven't covered Ayew. For me, the likes of Routledge, Dyer, Taylor, Rangel and Naughton all needed upgrading...the first four have been good servants to the club but they're slowing down and Naughton just shouldn't be first choice. Fer is 'ok' but I'm yet to decide whether he has the quality that Shelvey did (when he wasn't throwing a strop).

Other clubs have spent money and we seem to be messing about/trying to do things on the cheap. We can't afford to do that given how tough last season was. I feel a bit sorry for Guidolin...doesn't have the quality to work with.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 2470 viewsjojaca

We have not made enough first eleven signings, we are too busy signing fringe players and U-23 players.

Even when you know, you never know?

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 2453 viewsdeanscfc

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:22 - Aug 27 by jojaca

We have not made enough first eleven signings, we are too busy signing fringe players and U-23 players.

Yep.

The positives for me are that Kingsley looks an inprovement on Taylor and is a positive player and Barrow is often a handful because of his pace. Defence and Midfield is a shambles at the moment, wingers we are short and the striker...well I suppose one of them will make the position their own eventually.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 2446 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Handing a FOUR year contract to Nathan Dyer sums up our transfer dealings quite well. We reward mediocrity.

We do not attempt to improve positions, we simply let the players stagnate and then replace them with expensive flops.

Selling Chico for pittance and paying £8m for Napoli's 3rd/4th choice centre back is one that always makes me laugh.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:25 - Aug 27 with 2441 viewsMurph75

Not in the slightest.
N/A. on 17:25 - Aug 27 with 2439 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:06]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:28 - Aug 27 with 2418 viewsdeanscfc

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:24 - Aug 27 by BlameHuwJenkins

Handing a FOUR year contract to Nathan Dyer sums up our transfer dealings quite well. We reward mediocrity.

We do not attempt to improve positions, we simply let the players stagnate and then replace them with expensive flops.

Selling Chico for pittance and paying £8m for Napoli's 3rd/4th choice centre back is one that always makes me laugh.

Spot on with the Dyer comment. It's nice to be sentimental but we need to be realistic too.

Watching today I couldn't help thinking that our side of Spanish players from a few years ago would have wiped the floor with the one that we have today. Even the Rodgers side would have outplayed and outpassed our current team.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:32 - Aug 27 with 2383 viewsjojaca

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:28 - Aug 27 by deanscfc

Spot on with the Dyer comment. It's nice to be sentimental but we need to be realistic too.

Watching today I couldn't help thinking that our side of Spanish players from a few years ago would have wiped the floor with the one that we have today. Even the Rodgers side would have outplayed and outpassed our current team.

This is the worst side since we have been in premier league, but still think there will be three worse teams than us.

Even when you know, you never know?

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 2358 viewsdeanscfc

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:32 - Aug 27 by jojaca

This is the worst side since we have been in premier league, but still think there will be three worse teams than us.

It probably is. But the frustrating thin is that it needn't be if the board would actually spend some money for a change. It's almost like they want the excitement of a relegation scrap.
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:50 - Aug 27 with 2318 viewsskippyjack

Dyer - new contract
Rangel - new contract
Bartley - new contract

Llorente - experienced established player
Baston - high potential signing

Fer - a meh signing

Birighitti - wtf
VDH - 4th choice option
Mawson - 3rd choice option

Fabianski - decent option

Kingsley - untested
Taylor - needed an upgrade after last season

Rangel - just not good enough
Naughton - needed an upgrade after last season

Amat - untested
Fernandez - needed an upgrade after last season
Mawson - untested 3rd choice option
VDH - untested 4th choice option

Cork - decent option
Ki - decent option
Britton - not good enough
Fulton - untested
Fer - average option
Gylfi - decent option

Barrow - untested
Montero - decent option
Routledge - needed an upgrade after last season
Dyer - average option
Emnes - ?

Llorente - decent option
Baston - untested

theoretically it should be..

Fabianski - 1st choice
Kingsley - 5th choice
LB - 1st choice
Taylor - 2nd choice
RB - 1st choice
Naughton - 2nd choice

CB - 1st choice
CB - 1st choice
Amat - 2nd choice
Fernandez - 3rd choice or sold
Mawson - 4th choice
VDH - shouldn't have been bought.. If Mawson is here.

Cork - 1st choice
CM/DM - 1st choice
Ki - 2nd choice
Fer - 3rd choice
Fulton - 4th Choice

Gylfi - 1st choice
AM - 2nd choice

Montero - 1st choice
W - 1st choice
Barrow - 2nd choice
Routledge or Dyer - 3rd choice

Llorente - 1st choice
Baston - 2nd choice
McBurnie - 3rd choice

but our line up is..

Fabianski - 1C

Naughton - 2C
Kingsley - 5C
Fernandez - 3C
Amat - 2C

Cork - 1C
Fer - 3C
Gylfi - 1C

Routledge 3C
Barrow 2C

Llorente 1C

it's going to be a struggle this season

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:50 - Aug 27 with 2318 viewsGeoffThom

We tend to live in Jenkins 5m bracket or below with the odd better keep the fans happy big number ,I'm sorry there's no excuse thus year the money is there with sales and tv money we want to stay in this div for a few more years we need to spend big really big over a few positions
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:55 - Aug 27 with 2304 viewsParsSwans

Got a backlash last week whe I started a thread about quality of our signings and lack of them. All our signings bar Baston are what I would classify as squad players not starting 11 quality. It will be what eventually catches up with us and leads to our relegation and of course will be why it will be the manager who gets the chop sadly. I was 50/50 on the monk sacking he made big mistakes but then again didn't want any of last summers signings.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:57 - Aug 27 with 2292 viewscostalotta

Not anywhere near happy with it at the moment. Although there are a couple of days left so I will be hopeful.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 2249 viewsicecoldjack

I think deep down when we signed fer most of us thought it's gonna be another penny pinching transfer window. Nothing against Leroy, he has done well for us but there were options out there like Allen and JDG who would have given us more of a swans flavour.

Our transfer business has been iffy since Laudrup left. One good one bad one indifferent.

It says everything for me when we get chico for £2 m , bin him for around the same, to accomadate an un proven manager like monk , then spunc £8m on a down grade like flaky fernandez !

When as a club your doing deals like that it ain't great.

We have stumbled for the last few season's , seems to be a lack of direction at the top that is filtering down tot he players

I hope it's just a slow start and nothing else.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:07 - Aug 27 with 2236 viewsParsSwans

Great comments icecoldjack agree with all of that
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:08 - Aug 27 with 2226 viewsHighjack

My issue with this squad is that all the players are so bloody similar. We have three 6 foot+ target man type strikers. No pace or energy to close down.

4 wingers who are quite fast and skilful but are so physically weak they will get blown over in a light westerly breeze.

Our midfielders all seem to be much of a muchness and it's not easy to determine which ones are playing which role. Our full backs are small and slow with limited attacking ability.

We don't have many options to bring on anything different that can change the game or the way we play.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:15 - Aug 27 with 2200 viewsRancid

I was never happy with the Llorente signing.Fer is playing the best football of his career in England with us so he's the only one I'd say I'm happy with until we see Baston.Haven't seen the Dutch centre half yet either but don't think we will this season.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 2182 viewsicecoldjack

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:08 - Aug 27 by Highjack

My issue with this squad is that all the players are so bloody similar. We have three 6 foot+ target man type strikers. No pace or energy to close down.

4 wingers who are quite fast and skilful but are so physically weak they will get blown over in a light westerly breeze.

Our midfielders all seem to be much of a muchness and it's not easy to determine which ones are playing which role. Our full backs are small and slow with limited attacking ability.

We don't have many options to bring on anything different that can change the game or the way we play.

Agree. It takes years of planning to collect the like of cork,Ki, fer !

They all have good games from time to time but they are also predictable 90% of the time. Classic steady eddy type footballers.

Hopefully it's just early season cob Webs . We will know how things are after 19 games, then we'll find out if poor transfer windows have cost us .
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:32 - Aug 27 with 2126 viewsGeoffThom

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:17 - Aug 27 by icecoldjack

Agree. It takes years of planning to collect the like of cork,Ki, fer !

They all have good games from time to time but they are also predictable 90% of the time. Classic steady eddy type footballers.

Hopefully it's just early season cob Webs . We will know how things are after 19 games, then we'll find out if poor transfer windows have cost us .

Sorry I've seen cork for long enough now he doesn't bring enough to the party,ki I've always liked but have lost patience with him also is bringing nothing to the party ,fer could bring something but today like all the rest was woeful .
I've also said for some time now that you can't play Amat and Fernandez together as I feel they really are both sweepers not out and out hard gritty centre halfs ,we never properly replaced Chico who with all his antics was an out and out centre half
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:39 - Aug 27 with 2097 viewsdeanscfc

Seems we're all pretty much unanimous on this. Someone do me a favour...print out this thread and mail it to the Americans and Huw Jenkins and tell them to spend some f*cking money fast. None of us want to watch us hovering around 16th/17th for much of the season when we have money in the bank to spend.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:42 - Aug 27 with 2082 viewsshandyjack

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:15 - Aug 27 by Rancid

I was never happy with the Llorente signing.Fer is playing the best football of his career in England with us so he's the only one I'd say I'm happy with until we see Baston.Haven't seen the Dutch centre half yet either but don't think we will this season.

If this is some of Fer's best football then we are up sh1t creak,he's been woeful so far

Poll: Expectation for the season

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 2065 viewsRancid

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:42 - Aug 27 by shandyjack

If this is some of Fer's best football then we are up sh1t creak,he's been woeful so far

He's been our best player in the 2 games I've seen so far.Scored today too.Opinions eh.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:53 - Aug 27 with 2036 viewsGeoffThom

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:42 - Aug 27 by shandyjack

There's a lot in this statement ,spend spend spend Jenkins you tight arse
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 1871 viewsawayjack

Complacent to say the least so far. Not enough quality in key positions. Our defence and midfield is the weakest since we were promoted. We'll ship a lot of goals and one paced midfield will be overrun by most teams. Our 20m net profit on transfers whilst others invest tells its own story.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:21 - Aug 28 with 1746 viewsLoyal

The problem will always be our desire to do it on the relative cheap.
As it has succeeded so far the view will be it will succeed again.

They know what we need as much as everyone else.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:23 - Aug 28 with 1735 viewsmagicdaps10

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 22:43 - Aug 27 by awayjack

Complacent to say the least so far. Not enough quality in key positions. Our defence and midfield is the weakest since we were promoted. We'll ship a lot of goals and one paced midfield will be overrun by most teams. Our 20m net profit on transfers whilst others invest tells its own story.

You cant lose Ayew and Ash and replace with just a L1 defender.

You cant say we have brought in Baston and Llorente to replace Ayew, they were brought in to replace Gomis and Paloschi.

It is naive and disgusting what is happening at the club in regards to reinforcements.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024