Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? 17:20 - Aug 27 with 4952 viewsdeanscfc

We've replaced on the striking position but that's about it. Let's not forget what a struggle last season was. Then we go and sell Williams and Ayew, get a cheap relacement for Williams and haven't covered Ayew. For me, the likes of Routledge, Dyer, Taylor, Rangel and Naughton all needed upgrading...the first four have been good servants to the club but they're slowing down and Naughton just shouldn't be first choice. Fer is 'ok' but I'm yet to decide whether he has the quality that Shelvey did (when he wasn't throwing a strop).

Other clubs have spent money and we seem to be messing about/trying to do things on the cheap. We can't afford to do that given how tough last season was. I feel a bit sorry for Guidolin...doesn't have the quality to work with.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:25 - Aug 28 with 1330 viewsDr_Winston

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:23 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

You cant lose Ayew and Ash and replace with just a L1 defender.

You cant say we have brought in Baston and Llorente to replace Ayew, they were brought in to replace Gomis and Paloschi.

It is naive and disgusting what is happening at the club in regards to reinforcements.

You're going to be absolutely lost when the window closes aren't you?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:26 - Aug 28 with 1326 viewsmagicdaps10

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:25 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

You're going to be absolutely lost when the window closes aren't you?

Its not the window, its what we do in the window.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 11:16 - Aug 28 with 1257 viewscostalotta

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:26 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

Its not the window, its what we do in the window.

It is indeed. Anyway, its closed for us, or so it seems as Curt has said no more after Mawson. Were ready to rock n roll, apparently.

This window has been a joke and is up there!
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 11:21 - Aug 28 with 1249 viewsdobjack2

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:08 - Aug 27 by Highjack

My issue with this squad is that all the players are so bloody similar. We have three 6 foot+ target man type strikers. No pace or energy to close down.

4 wingers who are quite fast and skilful but are so physically weak they will get blown over in a light westerly breeze.

Our midfielders all seem to be much of a muchness and it's not easy to determine which ones are playing which role. Our full backs are small and slow with limited attacking ability.

We don't have many options to bring on anything different that can change the game or the way we play.

Plan B appears to be like for like substitutions.

I'm not sure what plan A is though.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 11:48 - Aug 28 with 1218 viewsjack247

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 08:23 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

You cant lose Ayew and Ash and replace with just a L1 defender.

You cant say we have brought in Baston and Llorente to replace Ayew, they were brought in to replace Gomis and Paloschi.

It is naive and disgusting what is happening at the club in regards to reinforcements.

They were brought in to replace Ayews goals. Gomis wasn't scoring.

In theory, having a goalscoring striker means there is less pressure on the wingers and midfielders to score, so they can play their roles without compromising the shape of the team.

In reality, of course, that only works when your striker is scoring. Llorente looked good at Burnley, well below par against Hull and Leicester. Siggy hasn't looked good at all yet, Baston is injured. Will be a lot of pressure on those three to score and create this season. None of our wingers are going to be very effective without Siggy and at least one striker on form.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 11:57 - Aug 28 with 1205 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:05 - Aug 27 by icecoldjack

I think deep down when we signed fer most of us thought it's gonna be another penny pinching transfer window. Nothing against Leroy, he has done well for us but there were options out there like Allen and JDG who would have given us more of a swans flavour.

Our transfer business has been iffy since Laudrup left. One good one bad one indifferent.

It says everything for me when we get chico for £2 m , bin him for around the same, to accomadate an un proven manager like monk , then spunc £8m on a down grade like flaky fernandez !

When as a club your doing deals like that it ain't great.

We have stumbled for the last few season's , seems to be a lack of direction at the top that is filtering down tot he players

I hope it's just a slow start and nothing else.

Yeh I agree as usual but it is too early to hit panic button. Problem for me is we offloaded early and recruited late. Seems we have not finished yet. Going to be a while yet before its proven how good or bad the signiings are. Hopefully we will be OK but we really need to up our game in this dept. It went downhill as soon as Monk got the gig although it took a while for the cock up to come to fruishon
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 16:51]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 12:23 - Aug 28 with 1180 viewsDrizzy

The transfer dealings look okay on paper but we've only strengthened one position in the first XI with Baston. The rest of the players we've signed are middling squad options and ones for the future. Thats how we've amassed a decent squad but our starting team is weak. Look at some of the players starting: Naughton, Fer and Routledge are all decent squad options but shouldn't be anywhere near the strongest first XI.

Not to mention we've (as of right now) failed to address to glaring deficiencies at full-back and in our attacking three. We haven't replaced Ayew, who for all his faults was a pivotal goal scorer. Last season we struggled to pass the ball and control possession yet we haven't signed a single player known for their technical ability. Instead we've prioritised stronger and taller players yet the rest of our squad isn't capable of playing to their strengths, evidenced by our glut of pacy wingers who can't cross.

We're halfway between two styles: the carryovers from previous free-flowing teams and the new influx of brutish players aren't gelling. It's why the team looks bereft of ideas on the pitch. There's no clear philosophy and a complete lack of cohesion from those who buy the players to those who coach the players which is evident by our laughable inability to complete a string of passes. The players are all complete misfits and go out every week and play without any direction. That's what's worrying.

We'll get by (hopefully) relying on individual moments of brilliance from the likes of Sigurdsson and possibly Baston when he's fit but something needs to change at the club to curb this slow death.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:18 - Aug 28 with 1131 viewsdeanscfc

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 12:23 - Aug 28 by Drizzy

The transfer dealings look okay on paper but we've only strengthened one position in the first XI with Baston. The rest of the players we've signed are middling squad options and ones for the future. Thats how we've amassed a decent squad but our starting team is weak. Look at some of the players starting: Naughton, Fer and Routledge are all decent squad options but shouldn't be anywhere near the strongest first XI.

Not to mention we've (as of right now) failed to address to glaring deficiencies at full-back and in our attacking three. We haven't replaced Ayew, who for all his faults was a pivotal goal scorer. Last season we struggled to pass the ball and control possession yet we haven't signed a single player known for their technical ability. Instead we've prioritised stronger and taller players yet the rest of our squad isn't capable of playing to their strengths, evidenced by our glut of pacy wingers who can't cross.

We're halfway between two styles: the carryovers from previous free-flowing teams and the new influx of brutish players aren't gelling. It's why the team looks bereft of ideas on the pitch. There's no clear philosophy and a complete lack of cohesion from those who buy the players to those who coach the players which is evident by our laughable inability to complete a string of passes. The players are all complete misfits and go out every week and play without any direction. That's what's worrying.

We'll get by (hopefully) relying on individual moments of brilliance from the likes of Sigurdsson and possibly Baston when he's fit but something needs to change at the club to curb this slow death.

Great post.

I still can't understand what the board are thinking. They should be working on signings this minute.
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:25 - Aug 28 with 1115 viewsjack247

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:18 - Aug 28 by deanscfc

Great post.

I still can't understand what the board are thinking. They should be working on signings this minute.

They are probably thinking there are enough poor teams in the league for us to get away with it on the cheap. They won't care if we play like Barcelona unde Guardiola or Stoke under Pulis, or if we finish 7th or 17th. They just want to keep us up as cheaply as possible.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:45 - Aug 28 with 1104 viewsSwanjaxs

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:32 - Aug 27 by jojaca

This is the worst side since we have been in premier league, but still think there will be three worse teams than us.

I hope your rite because at the moment I can't see us getting close to 40pts ....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:46 - Aug 28 with 1102 viewsdeanscfc

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:25 - Aug 28 by jack247

They are probably thinking there are enough poor teams in the league for us to get away with it on the cheap. They won't care if we play like Barcelona unde Guardiola or Stoke under Pulis, or if we finish 7th or 17th. They just want to keep us up as cheaply as possible.

There probably are 3 worse teams but I can't understand how they can take that risk given our struggles last season and the players which have moved on since then. Even so, how sad is it that we've gone from being the club who so many people admired in previous years to a club that just are happy to get by.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:48 - Aug 28 with 1098 viewsjack247

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:46 - Aug 28 by deanscfc

There probably are 3 worse teams but I can't understand how they can take that risk given our struggles last season and the players which have moved on since then. Even so, how sad is it that we've gone from being the club who so many people admired in previous years to a club that just are happy to get by.

Agree with all of that Dean
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 13:52 - Aug 28 with 1088 viewsSmellyplumz

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 12:23 - Aug 28 by Drizzy

Great post, what gets me is if you can see it why the hell can't HJ and FG

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:15 - Aug 28 with 1063 viewsdameedna

Saying something has to change at the club is wrong because something has changed at the club.

It is easy enough to find fault but finding solutions is far harder.

Demanding entertaining football and an adoring public is nice to have.

It is doing clubs like Burnley, Hull and Leicester a disservice to assume that we could continue to play all around us off the park with triangles and passing freedom financed from attendance, sponsors, merchandise and TV money.

The last ten years have been unreal.
We have 3 points.

We need to see what the change that has already happened will bring first and that is not possible in 4 games even though we have lost two.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:45 - Aug 28 with 1045 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps the yanks want their money back so won't spend any

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:50 - Aug 28 with 1008 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:45 - Aug 28 by builthjack

Perhaps the yanks want their money back so won't spend any

Some of us have been saying that for a while.

Their perfect scenario is to stay up as cheaply as possible. It's a very high risk strategy though and they're relying on Huw Jenkins to steer the club through and Guidolin to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:52 - Aug 28 with 996 viewsbuilthjack

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:50 - Aug 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Their perfect scenario is to stay up as cheaply as possible. It's a very high risk strategy though and they're relying on Huw Jenkins to steer the club through and Guidolin to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Get their money back and then sell on for £100m or so. Surely not

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 15:09 - Aug 28 with 977 viewsDafyddHuw

It's like watching a rerun of what happened to Villa.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 16:03 - Aug 28 with 930 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 14:50 - Aug 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Unless the plan is to do an Oyston.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 16:46 - Aug 28 with 893 viewsjasper_T

I was okay with the transfers and think when everyone's fit and we're playing our strongest 14 we'll do perfectly fine. Obviously could have done more, Fer is a poor buy to strengthen the midfield, and we needed a right-back.

But I had a lot more faith in Amat than he's deserved on performances so far this season.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 16:55 - Aug 28 with 874 viewsjack247

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 16:46 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

I was okay with the transfers and think when everyone's fit and we're playing our strongest 14 we'll do perfectly fine. Obviously could have done more, Fer is a poor buy to strengthen the midfield, and we needed a right-back.

But I had a lot more faith in Amat than he's deserved on performances so far this season.

Kind of feel like that about Routledge. Thought he was one of our best players second half of last season and have defended him to the hilt on here. Has had two stinkers out of three so far though. Really hoping he improves when Gylfi and Llorente/Baston are firing on all cylinders.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 17:56 - Aug 28 with 844 viewsnyc_swans

i'll let you know in a couple months.

if borja hits the ground running, mawson adds something at the back, and gylfi finds some form, things will seem a lot better.
Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:46 - Aug 29 with 764 viewsandrew

I'm sorry, why do people think that losing Gomis, Ayew, Eder and Paloschi and replacing them with injured Baston and an average Llorente is a replacement is beyond

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 20:55 - Aug 29 with 707 viewsSmellyplumz

After last season this squad needed a good overhaul but what did we do we offered half of them extra contacts.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 21:00 - Aug 29 with 691 viewsjack247

Is anyone happy with our transfer dealings? on 18:46 - Aug 29 by andrew

I'm sorry, why do people think that losing Gomis, Ayew, Eder and Paloschi and replacing them with injured Baston and an average Llorente is a replacement is beyond

Because Gomis and Eder weren't good enough, Paloschi worked hard and linked well (I would have kept him if possible) but wasn't a goalscorer. Ayew was the only one there who scored consistently. In theory, if you bring in strikers who can score it takes that pressure from out wingers who can focus on trying to create and can hold their position and not expose their full back.

Obviously that falls apart if the striker doesn't score goals. I'm fairly confident that will start happening before long though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024