Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well.. 22:03 - Aug 27 with 7998 viewsGriffting

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37206696

Now I'm getting a little bit concerned.
Well.. on 02:21 - Aug 28 with 1997 viewsFatherJack

Well.. on 22:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

We badly need an alternative to Siggy

We've got one, his name's Ki. We improved hugely after he came on today.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Well.. on 04:14 - Aug 28 with 1953 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Well.. on 02:21 - Aug 28 by FatherJack

We've got one, his name's Ki. We improved hugely after he came on today.

Never the less, we are really screwed if Gylfi gets hurt.

As a side note - isn't it a bit unusual for Curtis to comment like this on Mawson when we haven't officially him signed yet?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Well.. on 08:31 - Aug 28 with 1871 viewsWhiterockin

Well.. on 04:14 - Aug 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Never the less, we are really screwed if Gylfi gets hurt.

As a side note - isn't it a bit unusual for Curtis to comment like this on Mawson when we haven't officially him signed yet?

It would not surprise me if we play two up front if Siggy gets injured, or Baston just behind Llorente.
Well.. on 09:17 - Aug 28 with 1823 viewsdobjack2

No goals in our wide players.

Can live with that in one of them if they are creating chances but not both of them.

Result is a lot of pressure on the centre forward who can be isolated from them and on gylfi and the box to box midfielder who then have to get into the box to support the centre forward.

If we are replacing ayew's goals by moving barrow into the starting line up and replacing barrow with dyer we are asking for trouble.

No problem with either barrow or montero starting but there needs to be a goal threat on the other side to them.
Well.. on 09:58 - Aug 28 with 1772 viewscostalotta

There's got to be something going on behind the scenes. We seem to have decided we don't want to compete in transfers etc anymore. Not saying we should have got Allen but we made our interest public and failed in our objective. Looks like the same thing happening with Chadli too. West broom and Stoke are in 'our' league with the league if you get my drift. Not only that but Chadli on loan to wba too.

Didn't Huw say we needed 2/3 additions into the squad and replace those who leave? I'm sure he did a few weeks ago. Well we lost 2 and brought 2 in and are therefore weaker than last season. The two we lost were our top scorer and talisman centre back. Th spinoff the team and Both vital to us last yEar and looks like neither will be replaced adequately or in the case of ayew at all. Shocking IMO.

We are one of the smaller clubs and we know we have to sell players on each year but let's be realistic too. We get millions in to revenue which has just increased massively. Where does it all go?
Well.. on 10:18 - Aug 28 with 1744 viewsJackSomething

Well.. on 09:17 - Aug 28 by dobjack2

No goals in our wide players.

Can live with that in one of them if they are creating chances but not both of them.

Result is a lot of pressure on the centre forward who can be isolated from them and on gylfi and the box to box midfielder who then have to get into the box to support the centre forward.

If we are replacing ayew's goals by moving barrow into the starting line up and replacing barrow with dyer we are asking for trouble.

No problem with either barrow or montero starting but there needs to be a goal threat on the other side to them.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but apparently Routledge had created more chances than any other PL player after the first two games. Which was a bit of a surprise to me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Well.. on 10:24 - Aug 28 with 1729 viewscostalotta

in response to JackSomething post above:

He created a few yesterday. They even scored within 2 passes of him giving the ball away too.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 10:25]
Well.. on 10:30 - Aug 28 with 1711 viewsJackSomething

Well.. on 10:24 - Aug 28 by costalotta

He created a few yesterday. They even scored within 2 passes of him giving the ball away too.

They did indeed. Although personally I struggle to blame a goal for the opposition on a winger who loses it on the edge of the opponent's penalty area. Which happens a fair bit to lots of wingers. I'd be more concerned that our team didn't seem to be aware that hitting teams on the counter attack in that very manner was exactly how Leicester won the title last season. From my memory, that attack was one of the few times we had the ball near their goal before they scored, yet we managed to be totally unprepared for the inevitable counter attack.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Well.. on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 1695 viewsclloy2

Well.. on 10:24 - Aug 28 by costalotta

Im sorry to say Routs has been poor in all three games, and does not have the pace now to get passed players, coupled with the fact he no longer scores goals, then I ask myself what is he doing to keep himself in the team. Barrow for all his undoubted ability, is raw and at premiership level is still developing and again not one for the starting line up week after week. Im afraid we need to spend some big £ to get in the attacking pacey winger/midfielder that will give us something different. even HJ must see that we are crying out for some creativity in midfield. Im assuming also that with the youngster in from Barnsley that means we are not going to recruit an experienced CH to captain and organise the defence. At right back we have an issue also.
Well.. on 10:38 - Aug 28 with 1688 viewsdobjack2

Well.. on 10:18 - Aug 28 by JackSomething

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but apparently Routledge had created more chances than any other PL player after the first two games. Which was a bit of a surprise to me.

Yes read that as well -- 9 from memory.

My point is that we seem to want the pace of barrow/montero on one wing therefore the other side has to carry a goal threat
Well.. on 10:43 - Aug 28 with 1677 viewscostalotta

Well.. on 10:30 - Aug 28 by JackSomething

They did indeed. Although personally I struggle to blame a goal for the opposition on a winger who loses it on the edge of the opponent's penalty area. Which happens a fair bit to lots of wingers. I'd be more concerned that our team didn't seem to be aware that hitting teams on the counter attack in that very manner was exactly how Leicester won the title last season. From my memory, that attack was one of the few times we had the ball near their goal before they scored, yet we managed to be totally unprepared for the inevitable counter attack.

I know where your coming from but...

If it was a one off i'd agree with you in the case but it was not. He did it several times before the eventual opening goal came. We play possession football right. Surely we should have players playing who do not give teh ball away cheaply or run into the opposition as Routeledge did yesterday.

I am not doubting hes been a a great player for use the last 5 years (YES 5 YEARS) but he's been a huge disappointment these 3 games.
Well.. on 10:52 - Aug 28 with 1652 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We used to play possession football. There's been very little evidence of it for a couple of years.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Well.. on 11:12 - Aug 28 with 1629 viewscostalotta

Well.. on 10:52 - Aug 28 by Joe_bradshaw

We used to play possession football. There's been very little evidence of it for a couple of years.

yes, well, i am forced to agree on the evidence. However, our leader and resident footballing oracle/genius HJ has said on more than one occasion he wants to get back the Swansea way of playing. he even signs the players to execute the style on the field of play. Im just toeing the party line on this one :)
Well.. on 12:20 - Aug 28 with 1564 viewsjasper_T

Well.. on 00:21 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

how quick is McCarthy of Everton?

He couldn't even get in the match day squad, and is looking for a move.

Can pass the ball the Swansea Way. Has a lot of dog about him in the tackle.

We are definitely missing that kind of driving influence in the middle of the park, and speed.

The word treacle comes to mind.

Looking fast next to Gareth Barry doesn't make someone quick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024