Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rip Tide 22:26 - Aug 27 with 1840 viewsmax936

Here you go fill Lads and Lasses, be careful out there.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/what-is-a-rip-tide-and-how-do-i-spot-one-at
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 12:24]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rip Tide on 21:41 - Aug 28 with 524 viewsmax936

Rip Tide on 20:58 - Aug 28 by jack247

The difficult bit is recognising it's happening. Then you have to fight your instinct to siwim against it. It's happened to me a couple of times, first was terrifying

Agreed the more you experience the tide and its conditions the better equipped you become, but for the social/ holiday swimmer its very difficult, only advice for that is if you don't feel comfortable stay within a depth of water you're comfortable with, if it becomes uncomfortable get out.
Easy to say I know, I myself love deep water, but I've felt uncomfortable lots of times, in those times I go with it and then get back ashore when I'm happy to go for it, the key word is not to panic to such an extent that you're not in control.

Rip Tide on 21:42 - Aug 28 with 523 viewsJackfath

Rip Tide on 21:41 - Aug 28 by max936

Agreed the more you experience the tide and its conditions the better equipped you become, but for the social/ holiday swimmer its very difficult, only advice for that is if you don't feel comfortable stay within a depth of water you're comfortable with, if it becomes uncomfortable get out.
Easy to say I know, I myself love deep water, but I've felt uncomfortable lots of times, in those times I go with it and then get back ashore when I'm happy to go for it, the key word is not to panic to such an extent that you're not in control.

Have you thought of running classes for those who are worried? You need to share the obvious expertise you have.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Rip Tide on 21:59 - Aug 28 with 504 viewsmax936

Rip Tide on 21:42 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

Have you thought of running classes for those who are worried? You need to share the obvious expertise you have.

I'm to old and I haven't the time or inclination JF, most of my "expertise" is self taught anyway, I'm not an expert anyway I've just found my own way after yrs of swimming in the sea, there's plenty of qualified help out there, Swansea's Olympic pool by Singleton Hospital run loads of quality classes, actual Sea swimming classes are very difficult to run in my opinion and its not something I would even think of doing.

Rip Tide on 22:02 - Aug 28 with 494 viewsJackfath

Rip Tide on 21:59 - Aug 28 by max936

I'm to old and I haven't the time or inclination JF, most of my "expertise" is self taught anyway, I'm not an expert anyway I've just found my own way after yrs of swimming in the sea, there's plenty of qualified help out there, Swansea's Olympic pool by Singleton Hospital run loads of quality classes, actual Sea swimming classes are very difficult to run in my opinion and its not something I would even think of doing.

You should think about it. You've a great deal to offer on this subject.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Rip Tide on 22:04 - Aug 28 with 484 viewsmax936

Rip Tide on 22:02 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

You should think about it. You've a great deal to offer on this subject.

I'll need a business advisor you available?

Rip Tide on 22:05 - Aug 28 with 481 viewsJackfath

Rip Tide on 22:04 - Aug 28 by max936

I'll need a business advisor you available?

Nah. Skippy's your man for that.

Did you get to the beer festival this weekend?

Rip Tide on 22:11 - Aug 28 with 470 viewsmax936

Rip Tide on 22:05 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

Nah. Skippy's your man for that.

Did you get to the beer festival this weekend?

I did not no, spent most of the weekend down Langland and Mumbles, had a lovely couple of hours in the Queens this evening though relaxing with a couple of beers.

Rip Tide on 22:14 - Aug 28 with 466 viewsJackfath

Rip Tide on 22:11 - Aug 28 by max936

I did not no, spent most of the weekend down Langland and Mumbles, had a lovely couple of hours in the Queens this evening though relaxing with a couple of beers.

4 more rescued at three clliffs today. I've been trying to see how I'd fare if caught up in a beach catastrophe. Have a go.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/preventive-care/beach-safety-quiz.htm

Login to get fewer ads

Rip Tide on 22:20 - Aug 28 with 457 viewsDarran

Rip Tide on 22:11 - Aug 28 by max936

Do you still only drink one night a week?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rip Tide on 22:23 - Aug 28 with 444 viewslifelong

Rip Tide on 22:14 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

4 more rescued at three clliffs today. I've been trying to see how I'd fare if caught up in a beach catastrophe. Have a go.

16/20 here.
Rip Tide on 22:27 - Aug 28 with 442 viewsLord_Bony

Rip Tide on 22:14 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/four-rescued-rip-current-rnli-11812 heard this on the radio.

4 stong swimmers washed out by a rip tide.

if it was nt for the RNLI they would all be dead now.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Rip Tide on 22:28 - Aug 28 with 439 viewsmax936

Rip Tide on 22:20 - Aug 28 by Darran

Do you still only drink one night a week?

Well I;ve been on Holidays all week and I've swam everyday since Tuesday except today, so yes I've had a few beers this last week and more food than I should have had, while you've had your eyes peeled to your Ipad posting pwp on here. it beats spending 30 quid to feed the birds to then have them shit all over your washing.

Rip Tide on 22:29 - Aug 28 with 432 viewsbuilthjack

16 scored here

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rip Tide on 22:29 - Aug 28 with 431 viewsDarran

Rip Tide on 22:28 - Aug 28 by max936

Well I;ve been on Holidays all week and I've swam everyday since Tuesday except today, so yes I've had a few beers this last week and more food than I should have had, while you've had your eyes peeled to your Ipad posting pwp on here. it beats spending 30 quid to feed the birds to then have them shit all over your washing.

Max I asked you a simple question you don't have to ridicule my life.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rip Tide on 22:36 - Aug 28 with 421 viewsmax936

Rip Tide on 22:29 - Aug 28 by Darran

Max I asked you a simple question you don't have to ridicule my life.

Mind your own business and don't go spoiling yet another thread with your inane nonsense TA.

Rip Tide on 22:37 - Aug 28 with 398 viewsJackfath

Rip Tide on 22:36 - Aug 28 by max936

Mind your own business and don't go spoiling yet another thread with your inane nonsense TA.

Well said max. Ignore him.

Rip Tide on 06:55 - Aug 29 with 338 viewsLord_Bony

Be careful in the sea...remember 11 people died last week just swimming in the sea at the seaside in the UK.

Here's some stories from rip tide survivors,read a few it could save you or someone else's life one day....

https://ripcurrentstories.com/page/3/

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024