Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest issue? 07:10 - Aug 28 with 2595 viewsshandyjack

What worries you more?
Our lack of goals or our lack of ability to defend?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Biggest issue? on 12:54 - Aug 28 with 913 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Biggest issue? on 12:22 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

The problem yesterday was that some clever chap thought playing a high line against Leicester was a good idea.

Everyone else has twigged, why can't we?

It's not that simple against Leicester though is it. Everyone else has twigged to the extent that they've lost 4 of their last 50 PL games.

When a club like ours has its best players misfiring or missing we're in trouble. The worrying thing for me is that we don't appear to have the fighting spirit that the likes of Hull are showing. We need to get that quickly and then when Gylfi and hopefully Bastion are firing we'll be fine.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Biggest issue? on 12:58 - Aug 28 with 906 viewsPozuelosSideys

We've just become any old carboard cutout team like all the others. There is absolutely nothing different about us anymore.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Biggest issue? on 13:08 - Aug 28 with 889 viewsmonmouth

Biggest issue? on 12:58 - Aug 28 by PozuelosSideys

We've just become any old carboard cutout team like all the others. There is absolutely nothing different about us anymore.

And that is the winter of my discontent.

That aside though; biggest issue? Lack of backbone, on the pitch and off it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Biggest issue? on 13:13 - Aug 28 with 877 viewsPozuelosSideys

Biggest issue? on 13:08 - Aug 28 by monmouth

And that is the winter of my discontent.

That aside though; biggest issue? Lack of backbone, on the pitch and off it.

I sat there yesterday watching my stream (yes i know, plastic) trying to figure out whether we were more like Wigan or Sunderland.

I went for Sunderland.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Biggest issue? on 13:22 - Aug 28 with 861 viewsjack247

Biggest issue? on 13:13 - Aug 28 by PozuelosSideys

I sat there yesterday watching my stream (yes i know, plastic) trying to figure out whether we were more like Wigan or Sunderland.

I went for Sunderland.

At the moment, we are like Sunderland without the goalscorer. If Gylfi comes good we will be fine. He will get everyone around him playing better and give us some attacking focus. If he doesn't, we are very exposed as we don't have any real competition for him. Would almost be tempted to go 442, which is something I never thought I'd say again.
Biggest issue? on 13:22 - Aug 28 with 859 viewskarnataka

I'm afraid that's been true since Monk took over and got rid of most of the Spaniards and JdG who were a significant part of our collective identity during what was arguably our best ever spell when we won our first major trophy and competed in Europe. That short lived era was the culmination of what had gone before for 4 or 5 seasons and once gone, it's difficult to get it back because you need a manager or maybe a succession of managers who believe in that identity and work to put the jigsaw back together which takes time.

There have always been a fair few identikit teams in the Prem like Sunderland, West Brom, Palace, Stoke, who play pragmatic football which keeps them up but lacks any sort of positive identity. Unfortunately, we may have become another of them although I find a little reassurance in the fact that we have recently signed 2 Dutch and 2 Spanish players which, who knows, may be the re-start of the cycle.
Biggest issue? on 13:23 - Aug 28 with 857 viewsMurph75

Biggest issue? on 13:22 - Aug 28 by karnataka

I'm afraid that's been true since Monk took over and got rid of most of the Spaniards and JdG who were a significant part of our collective identity during what was arguably our best ever spell when we won our first major trophy and competed in Europe. That short lived era was the culmination of what had gone before for 4 or 5 seasons and once gone, it's difficult to get it back because you need a manager or maybe a succession of managers who believe in that identity and work to put the jigsaw back together which takes time.

There have always been a fair few identikit teams in the Prem like Sunderland, West Brom, Palace, Stoke, who play pragmatic football which keeps them up but lacks any sort of positive identity. Unfortunately, we may have become another of them although I find a little reassurance in the fact that we have recently signed 2 Dutch and 2 Spanish players which, who knows, may be the re-start of the cycle.

Didn't JDG turn us down for Napoli?
Biggest issue? on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 849 viewsjack247

Biggest issue? on 13:22 - Aug 28 by karnataka

If we play like an identikit PL struggler (and we certainly are at the moment), our finances won't take long to catch up with us. I do think we are trying to transition back towards our old style of play, but it's just not gelling at the moment. We need a leader at the back and a midfielder that can set the tempo.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest issue? on 13:32 - Aug 28 with 843 viewsPozuelosSideys

Biggest issue? on 13:23 - Aug 28 by Murph75

We could probably pick JDG up on the cheap, definitely a loan. Would at least be able to do a job in that midfield.

Biggest issue? on 13:33 - Aug 28 with 839 viewsMurph75

Biggest issue? on 13:32 - Aug 28 by PozuelosSideys

We could probably pick JDG up on the cheap, definitely a loan. Would at least be able to do a job in that midfield.

John Cornforth would a better job than those useless c*nts yesterday.
Biggest issue? on 13:39 - Aug 28 with 829 viewskarnataka

Biggest issue? on 13:23 - Aug 28 by Murph75

As I understand it, JdG said was hoping to stay but Monk didn't fancy him so he looked elsewhere. Monk obviously had a clearout planned but as JdG wasn't our player, he just let his loan lapse and that was that.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 13:42]
Biggest issue? on 13:41 - Aug 28 with 823 viewsMurph75

Biggest issue? on 13:39 - Aug 28 by karnataka

As I understand it, JdG said was hoping to stay but Monk didn't fancy him so he looked elsewhere. Monk obviously had a clearout planned but as JdG wasn't our player, he just let his loan lapse and that was that.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 13:42]

I understand we had a bid accepted and he thought he was better than was and rotted in the Napoli reserves after turning us down.

Monk may have got a few things wrong in his time as manager. This isn't one of them.
Biggest issue? on 13:50 - Aug 28 with 805 viewsjack247

Biggest issue? on 13:41 - Aug 28 by Murph75

I understand we had a bid accepted and he thought he was better than was and rotted in the Napoli reserves after turning us down.

Monk may have got a few things wrong in his time as manager. This isn't one of them.

Maybe not. I certainly wasn't that bothered at the time. We could do with a player like him now though
Biggest issue? on 20:15 - Aug 28 with 712 viewscanhecatchit

Us stepping onto the field has me running to hide behind the sofa just like the Days of Dr Who .

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Biggest issue? on 20:35 - Aug 28 with 697 viewsjasper_T

Biggest issue? on 13:32 - Aug 28 by PozuelosSideys

He signed for Chievo
Biggest issue? on 21:47 - Aug 28 with 601 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Not learning from our and other clubs mistakes, we keep making the same ones over & over again.
Biggest issue? on 22:07 - Aug 28 with 584 viewsnantywatcher

The Liberty crowd - what a load of moaning NON supporting rubbish. Worth a goal to the away team every game. The atmosphere at the ground has disappeared, and then I come home to find out they're at their pc's calling every player in a white shirt shit. Then for away games they're sat there squinting at their iPhone's pontificating their idiotic views gained from a 3 inch screen.I'd hate to play for a club with such shitty negative support. Still, we'll hold our place in the league this week, they can't influence that!
Biggest issue? on 00:55 - Aug 29 with 535 viewsJackFish

Very true sadly, and the same can be said off the pitch as well since the takeover. We were successful before by having our own style of play, if we're just going to be like any other identikit team what makes us more likely to succeed than Sunderland or Palace or West Brom?
Biggest issue? on 05:15 - Aug 29 with 500 viewsGriffting

The biggest issues of the summer were to address the biggest problems of last season. For me they were:
1. Sort out set pieces both in attack and defense.
2. Add more fire power/creativity to sort out the lack of goals/goal scorers in the club.
Too early to say if either have been sorted out but 1 doesn't look promising after 3 games and regarding 2, we have bought in a reputable goal scorer but also let one go. No replacement for some players who for me didn't have enough goals/create enough goals last year.
Biggest issue? on 07:27 - Aug 29 with 470 viewsjack247

Biggest issue? on 21:47 - Aug 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Not learning from our and other clubs mistakes, we keep making the same ones over & over again.

Yeah. That first Leicester goal was criminal. How many goals like that did Vardy score last season? I know we probably would have lost anyway, but Amat had no chance playing that high a line.
Biggest issue? on 07:29 - Aug 29 with 469 viewsjack247

Biggest issue? on 00:55 - Aug 29 by JackFish

Very true sadly, and the same can be said off the pitch as well since the takeover. We were successful before by having our own style of play, if we're just going to be like any other identikit team what makes us more likely to succeed than Sunderland or Palace or West Brom?

We are less likely to succeed than those clubs if we play their game. They spend more money and crucially, seem to get better value for what they do spend.
Biggest issue? on 09:41 - Aug 29 with 399 viewspencoedjack

Biggest issue? on 10:44 - Aug 28 by raynor94

With respect, you are the most negative poster on here, of course the Hull result wasn't great, but at least give it ten games for players to settle in and to regain form, a lot more teams will get spanked at Leicester

In fairness there are quite of posters who could take that accolade
Biggest issue? on 10:16 - Aug 29 with 372 viewsymaohyd

Good recruitment + quality manager , who decides recruitment + manager who knows style of play he wants + players who know their roles and have the skills to carry out their roles = SUCCESSFUL TEAM

If any of the parts of the equation are missing then problems are around the corner (excuse the pun).

At the moment I would say we are lacking as a club in all of the equation. That may be unfair on the manager after the questionnable success of last season. He's had a full pre season to get his vision across and at the moment doesn't look great.

Win against Chelsea and all will be great, lose and the next game gains insignificance and the next and the next.

The only thing i would ask is that if we are in the bottom 3 by mid October then the axe falls quickly. Unfair? possibly, not for me dicking around. Get it done, in an international window and move on, that's how it works.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Biggest issue? on 10:22 - Aug 29 with 364 viewscostalotta

Biggest issue? on 10:16 - Aug 29 by ymaohyd

Good recruitment + quality manager , who decides recruitment + manager who knows style of play he wants + players who know their roles and have the skills to carry out their roles = SUCCESSFUL TEAM

If any of the parts of the equation are missing then problems are around the corner (excuse the pun).

At the moment I would say we are lacking as a club in all of the equation. That may be unfair on the manager after the questionnable success of last season. He's had a full pre season to get his vision across and at the moment doesn't look great.

Win against Chelsea and all will be great, lose and the next game gains insignificance and the next and the next.

The only thing i would ask is that if we are in the bottom 3 by mid October then the axe falls quickly. Unfair? possibly, not for me dicking around. Get it done, in an international window and move on, that's how it works.

The sentiment of your post is spot on. But the proem is deeper than the manager . We just repeating past mistakes if we fireFG. Look at the tools he's working with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024