Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DOOM & GLOOM 10:37 - Aug 28 with 3078 viewsJethroJack

FFS cheer up mun!

Its only 3 games in, we got 3pts at Burnley, got mugged by a (proving to be decent) Hull & lost by the odd goal to a typically rampant Leicester, even though we finished the stronger after Lucasz's penalty save (by the way, whilst Mahrez is a class act, Steptoe's son is a TVVAT....2-1 to the Ice-er-lund 😊

Also, Redturds 0-1 Royals 89th minute winner...that's gotta be worth a smile 😁
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 10:38]
DOOM & GLOOM on 10:50 - Aug 28 with 1856 views1983

Agree up to a point

The Premiership is looking a lot stronger this season and with playing relegation favourites Burnley,Hull and the honeymoon over at Leicester we really should be picking up a good 7 points and the last time I looked cardiff were in the championship

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:24 - Aug 28 with 1815 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 10:50 - Aug 28 by 1983

Agree up to a point

The Premiership is looking a lot stronger this season and with playing relegation favourites Burnley,Hull and the honeymoon over at Leicester we really should be picking up a good 7 points and the last time I looked cardiff were in the championship

7pts, eh?

You do realise that the Premier League is the most competitive on the planet, where bottom often beats top etc. With expectations like yours (and others on here) there's no wonder there's so much moaning.

Not one person has mentioned Lucasz's performance, nor the impact that Jeff & Ki had when the came on.

Let's just forget perspective, concentrate on the negatives & ignore the positives, get rid of Guido, get shot of Huw...FFS, its like a bunch of old women gossiping over the garden fence 😊

Yes, Cardiff are in the Championship...and heading for League 1 based on the season so far.
DOOM & GLOOM on 11:27 - Aug 28 with 1798 viewslonglostjack

Good Post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:30 - Aug 28 with 1783 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:24 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

7pts, eh?

You do realise that the Premier League is the most competitive on the planet, where bottom often beats top etc. With expectations like yours (and others on here) there's no wonder there's so much moaning.

Not one person has mentioned Lucasz's performance, nor the impact that Jeff & Ki had when the came on.

Let's just forget perspective, concentrate on the negatives & ignore the positives, get rid of Guido, get shot of Huw...FFS, its like a bunch of old women gossiping over the garden fence 😊

Yes, Cardiff are in the Championship...and heading for League 1 based on the season so far.

You do realise that Hull only had 13 fit out field players and a manager in charge of his only 2nd competitive match for the newly promoted side?

Anything apart from a comfortable 2, 3 nil win would have been acceptable from that match.

What the players and management dished up was like yesterday nothing short of disgraceful.
DOOM & GLOOM on 11:40 - Aug 28 with 1748 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:30 - Aug 28 by Murph75

You do realise that Hull only had 13 fit out field players and a manager in charge of his only 2nd competitive match for the newly promoted side?

Anything apart from a comfortable 2, 3 nil win would have been acceptable from that match.

What the players and management dished up was like yesterday nothing short of disgraceful.

You do realise that Hull's 13 are a match for any other 13 in the Premier League at the moment, that's pretty obvious from their other displays & results.

We were poor for 60mins yesterday & matched them from the penalty save onwards. How many times have the "top" teams had bad days & conceded loads, plenty. FFS last season, we lost 4-0 there & much of that was to down to our illustrious former captain gifting Mahrez a goal. So, we did better without him yesterday 😊

You go ahead & emphasise the negatives, I'll continue to be positive because I reckon we'll end up mid-Table this season.
DOOM & GLOOM on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 1734 viewsexiledclaseboy

Far too early for panicking obviously but we were mostly sh*t against Hull and even worse for 70 minutes yesterday.

Poll: Tory leader

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:43 - Aug 28 with 1734 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:40 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

You do realise that Hull's 13 are a match for any other 13 in the Premier League at the moment, that's pretty obvious from their other displays & results.

We were poor for 60mins yesterday & matched them from the penalty save onwards. How many times have the "top" teams had bad days & conceded loads, plenty. FFS last season, we lost 4-0 there & much of that was to down to our illustrious former captain gifting Mahrez a goal. So, we did better without him yesterday 😊

You go ahead & emphasise the negatives, I'll continue to be positive because I reckon we'll end up mid-Table this season.

Derren Brown would struggle to find any positives from the crap we've been served up so far. So good luck with that mush.

You carry on burying your head in the sand. Meanwhile I'll keep remaining a realist.
DOOM & GLOOM on 12:01 - Aug 28 with 1691 viewsharryhpalmer

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:40 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

the same 13 players that lost to Man United, who spent how much this summer, in the 2nd minute of added time. The same side who beat the 2015/6 PL Champs before us.

Hull are playing with a siege mentality, and every player knows exactly what their jobs is, because they are the only ones that can play it. They have had a huge slice of luck. And they can't keep that up without more players, and they don't look like getting many bodies in before Thursday.

And while we are struggling, take a look at some of the other sides around us. They are not doing so well either.

Burnley, who we beat, were slaughtered yesterday.

Southampton have no creativity, and look poor.

Bournemouth, Sunderland and Palace similar.

Watford have used something like 22 players already, and they have far too many non homegrown players, which they will need to ship/leave out of their 25 man squad. They have a new manager who doesn't know his players, formation to use (started 3-1-4-2, ended 4-4-2), or the league.

Stoke have plenty of quality on paper, but are bottom. No luck. 2 goals for, 6 against.

West Brom need 4 more players according to Pulls. If they don't beat Boro today, the pressure will be on, after losing to Northampton. They'd be on the same points as us.

West Ham were terrible in the Europa and slated by the manager and fans afterwards. They have an injury crisis, and a crazy transfer policy, spending a fortune (especially in wages) on players who have looked average (so far).

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:32 - Aug 28 with 1620 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:01 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

the same 13 players that lost to Man United, who spent how much this summer, in the 2nd minute of added time. The same side who beat the 2015/6 PL Champs before us.

Hull are playing with a siege mentality, and every player knows exactly what their jobs is, because they are the only ones that can play it. They have had a huge slice of luck. And they can't keep that up without more players, and they don't look like getting many bodies in before Thursday.

And while we are struggling, take a look at some of the other sides around us. They are not doing so well either.

Burnley, who we beat, were slaughtered yesterday.

Southampton have no creativity, and look poor.

Bournemouth, Sunderland and Palace similar.

Watford have used something like 22 players already, and they have far too many non homegrown players, which they will need to ship/leave out of their 25 man squad. They have a new manager who doesn't know his players, formation to use (started 3-1-4-2, ended 4-4-2), or the league.

Stoke have plenty of quality on paper, but are bottom. No luck. 2 goals for, 6 against.

West Brom need 4 more players according to Pulls. If they don't beat Boro today, the pressure will be on, after losing to Northampton. They'd be on the same points as us.

West Ham were terrible in the Europa and slated by the manager and fans afterwards. They have an injury crisis, and a crazy transfer policy, spending a fortune (especially in wages) on players who have looked average (so far).

Precisely
DOOM & GLOOM on 12:38 - Aug 28 with 1587 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 11:43 - Aug 28 by Murph75

Derren Brown would struggle to find any positives from the crap we've been served up so far. So good luck with that mush.

You carry on burying your head in the sand. Meanwhile I'll keep remaining a realist.

Thanks for the good luck message MUSH, you keep burying your head up your own miserable arse and I'll continue to extract positives. Enjoy the rest of the season worrying about relegation.
DOOM & GLOOM on 12:48 - Aug 28 with 1565 views1983

7pts, eh?

Can't remember saying get rid of our chairman & manager?

And with your expert knowledge of the Premiership can't wait until we smash Chelsea and Man City (twice) in the next few weeks! and what impact does cardiff city have losing in a league lower than us? couldn't give a hoot about cardiff
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 12:50]

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:53 - Aug 28 with 1548 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:38 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

Thanks for the good luck message MUSH, you keep burying your head up your own miserable arse and I'll continue to extract positives. Enjoy the rest of the season worrying about relegation.

Blind optimism mush. Love it.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:06 - Aug 28 with 1519 viewsmonmouth

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:53 - Aug 28 by Murph75

Blind optimism mush. Love it.

He has a point though doesn't he? Links in with Darran's lack of enjoyment comment. This isn't aimed at you, but If all there is to following the Swans is fretting and worrying until we've scrabbled 38 points or so (which will rarely be before February or March) what is the point of this as a hobby. It will just eat up peoples lives for absolutely no payback. It is our sport after all, not our lives.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:10 - Aug 28 with 1508 viewsexiledclaseboy

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:06 - Aug 28 by monmouth

He has a point though doesn't he? Links in with Darran's lack of enjoyment comment. This isn't aimed at you, but If all there is to following the Swans is fretting and worrying until we've scrabbled 38 points or so (which will rarely be before February or March) what is the point of this as a hobby. It will just eat up peoples lives for absolutely no payback. It is our sport after all, not our lives.

And if we go down we'll still be in the championship. For at least some of us that's still one or two divisions higher than we grew up watching.

Poll: Tory leader

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:10 - Aug 28 with 1508 viewsicecoldjack

7pts, eh?

What I will say about fab is that he could have helped the iffy set piece play by coming out and commanding his 6 yrd box.

I take no solace in Cardiff s result either, they are irrelevent to us nowadays.

I agree with your general point though, early days , far too early to paint it all black, our last 20 mins at least proved the players are on message if not playing on form.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:14 - Aug 28 with 1493 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:06 - Aug 28 by monmouth

Get where you coming from monmouth and totally agree.

The point I'm trying to get across is that the last 3 performances with a few from last season have not been good enough and I have my doubts that out current manager is good enough. It doesn't make anyone less of a supporter to say how they see it.

No doubt come May we'll be sitting comfortable in mid table. I do find it a frustrating to watch clubs like Stoke, Southampton, West Ham & Leicester grow and evolve whilst we've stagnated and crept closer and closer to the bottom 3.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:27 - Aug 28 with 1455 viewsAnotherJohn

My sense of trepidation doesn't come from two poor results, but rather the failure to address what most of us believed were obvious weaknesses in the team last season. If we go down then the thing that will be so hard to swallow is that the writing was on the wall in 2015-16 and should have been a wake up call in terms of the need for investment Of course,investment has long been a problem for us, but we were told that the takeover by the Americans would 'take us to the next level'. Instead we are again spending less than we are realising from player sales. We needed to strengthen and instead we have replaced established performers with cut-price gambles who may or may not come off. There is a kind of arrogance - that a surprising number of posters buy into - which says the Swans are different and can prosper in the Prem by spending less than many Championship teams lay out. I'd be pleased (albeit surprised) if something significant materialises by Wednesday, but if it does not I fear that this is the season when the relegation dog fight becomes a reality. Are there three worse teams? I think that will be a much-discussed question in the coming months.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:29 - Aug 28 with 1443 viewsMurph75

Jenkins stated a full review would happen at the end of last season to make sure we didn't find ourselves in that position again.

Either that review didn't take place or the board have spectacularly cocked things up.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:39 - Aug 28 with 1424 viewsSmellyplumz

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:29 - Aug 28 by Murph75

Jenkins stated a full review would happen at the end of last season to make sure we didn't find ourselves in that position again.

Either that review didn't take place or the board have spectacularly cocked things up.

Doom and gloom on the pitch, doom and gloom off it, simples really. Anyone buzzing after yesterday is a nutter.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:40 - Aug 28 with 1420 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Great pen save, but Fab beaten at his near post for the first goal.

Didn't this Jethro put up a very spirited defence of Monks while he was systematically dismantling our style of play, saying some very similar things?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:42 - Aug 28 with 1417 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:39 - Aug 28 by Smellyplumz

Doom and gloom on the pitch, doom and gloom off it, simples really. Anyone buzzing after yesterday is a nutter.

A little part of me died inside after the Hull game.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:43 - Aug 28 with 1411 viewsSmellyplumz

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:42 - Aug 28 by Murph75

A little part of me died inside after the Hull game.

Yeah I was there and came away very underwhelmed to say the least.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:46 - Aug 28 with 1398 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:43 - Aug 28 by Smellyplumz

Yeah I was there and came away very underwhelmed to say the least.

It's the first time in a long, long while that a result has actually had an effect on my weekend.
DOOM & GLOOM on 13:48 - Aug 28 with 1390 viewsSmellyplumz

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:46 - Aug 28 by Murph75

It's the first time in a long, long while that a result has actually had an effect on my weekend.

It's very frustrating when you've seen how good we can play, I only hope something good comes out of this bad spell, time will tell.

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:54 - Aug 28 with 1379 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:48 - Aug 28 by Smellyplumz

It's very frustrating when you've seen how good we can play, I only hope something good comes out of this bad spell, time will tell.

It will indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024