Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The manager I wish we had at the club is... 16:06 - Aug 28 with 4803 viewsStarsky

... One that would only join us on the condition that he was responsible for the transfers in and out and the development of the team.

Guidolin is a gentleman but every time he says he's not responsible for the players coming in I despair.

It's just the internet, init.

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:12 - Aug 28 with 2884 viewsjack247

They wouldn't have employed that manager though
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:12 - Aug 28 with 2882 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Dream on.

Huw wouldn't appoint such a manager.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:17 - Aug 28 with 2851 viewsLoyal

It has been happenning since Sousa left.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:23 - Aug 28 with 2818 viewsDr_Winston

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:17 - Aug 28 by Loyal

It has been happenning since Sousa left.

We're still going through the after effects of the Laudrup situation and certain decisions made at that time with regards the future direction of the club.

Before then you got the sense that managers were heavily involved in the identification of suitable players. Since then the impression, rightly or wrongly, is that it is largely the opposite.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:31 - Aug 28 with 2778 viewsAussieSwan

Guidolin and Monk have been yes men for Huw.

If we got one of the "bigger name" managers that were linked last summer, such as Bielsa or Sampaoli, I cannot imagine them wanting to work in an environment where they had no say in transfers, and who could blame them? It's probably (in part) why we didn't get them.

Gotta feel sorry for Guidolin but Jenkins' stance on having total authority over transfers is beyond outdated - in fact it's rather archaic. And VERY detrimental to the club.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 16:46]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:32 - Aug 28 with 2768 viewsSmellyplumz

What is Guidolins style of play he's trying to get us to play? I don't get it and what ever that style is is not working, he's not getting the best of of the players or the players are not playing for him. We need a manager to come in and stamp his style, a passing style back on us. I'm watching man city and yes they have tonnes more money and much better players but watching them passing is a joy, we are not a joy.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 2741 viewscostalotta

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:23 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

We're still going through the after effects of the Laudrup situation and certain decisions made at that time with regards the future direction of the club.

Before then you got the sense that managers were heavily involved in the identification of suitable players. Since then the impression, rightly or wrongly, is that it is largely the opposite.

Wrongly. The evidence is there after all. You've on.y got to look at the acquisitions last year.

Needs to stop.

Under ML we bought quality. He had that agent who HJ didn't like if I remember rightly. The signings since Jan 2014 have been for the most part pretty bad when you consider our current starting 11 and squad. Last years recruits all gone. So basically we are not improving our squad year on year and have in fact gone backwards in the real world.

Players not replaced, lack of investment in the squad i.e improving on a yearly basis with tweaks here and there has not happened for a couple of years and it might finally catch up with us.

By the way I'm not saying we should go out and spend spend spend. But going into the summer we would have a budget and players in mind. Selling players will in effect add to that budget but they'll need to be replaced with at least equal quality and experience. I'd say have th f cking courage and a bit of backbone and go for what was the plan. Show a little ambition.
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:41 - Aug 28 with 2727 viewsSmellyplumz

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:31 - Aug 28 by AussieSwan

If we got one of the "bigger name" managers that were linked last summer, such as Bielsa or Sampaoli, I cannot imagine them wanting to work in an environment where they had no say in transfers, and who could blame them? It's probably (in part) why we didn't get them.

Gotta feel sorry for Guidolin but Jenkins' stance on having total authority over transfers is beyond outdated - in fact it's rather archaic. And VERY detrimental to the club.

HJ need to go then

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:43 - Aug 28 with 2711 viewsharryhpalmer

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:38 - Aug 28 by costalotta

Wrongly. The evidence is there after all. You've on.y got to look at the acquisitions last year.

Needs to stop.

Under ML we bought quality. He had that agent who HJ didn't like if I remember rightly. The signings since Jan 2014 have been for the most part pretty bad when you consider our current starting 11 and squad. Last years recruits all gone. So basically we are not improving our squad year on year and have in fact gone backwards in the real world.

Players not replaced, lack of investment in the squad i.e improving on a yearly basis with tweaks here and there has not happened for a couple of years and it might finally catch up with us.

By the way I'm not saying we should go out and spend spend spend. But going into the summer we would have a budget and players in mind. Selling players will in effect add to that budget but they'll need to be replaced with at least equal quality and experience. I'd say have th f cking courage and a bit of backbone and go for what was the plan. Show a little ambition.

he had good reason not to like Laudrup's agent from what I heard.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:43 - Aug 28 with 2705 viewscostalotta

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:31 - Aug 28 by AussieSwan

That could be why neither of them as here or where ever in the running.
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 2629 viewsDracan66

I'm struggling with the direction our club is heading and with the quality of signings made it doesn't make for great reading does it. We've sold our leader and are bringing in an untested youngster from Barnsley ! We lack quality and creativity and our strength in depth is sorely lacking.
HJ's dealings in the transfer market of late are by and large appalling and as a result we are watching mediocrity filter it's way through the team.
Investment and purchasing quality players should be our goal and not the 5m bargain bucket players we seem to constantly buy.
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:22 - Aug 28 with 2544 viewsperchrockjack

We need a nasty ,serious minded , hard nosed winner as a manager, one who can handle the media fluff .
He needs to have full control

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:23 - Aug 28 with 2543 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 16:43 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

he had good reason not to like Laudrup's agent from what I heard.

How much of that is spin though I wonder

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:26 - Aug 28 with 2522 viewsharryhpalmer

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:23 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

How much of that is spin though I wonder

not spin. very reliable sources. more than one incident.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:29 - Aug 28 with 2505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:26 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

Whatever you say the transfer policy at the time worked. The best football I've seen any swans side play and our one and only major trophy in 104 years.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:37 - Aug 28 with 2469 viewsPrivate_Partz

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:26 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

I always thought it was a clash if egos. ML went off on his holidays to play with his fellow rich superstar and left Toots the task of bringing in the players he wanted. Preparations were being made for Ash and Michu to be sold for big bucks so we could bring in bargin players to improve the team further.
Huw was not at all happy about this and the agent was shown the door. ML then left Huw to get the players he wanted and we failed to bring in any of his first choices.
Relationship between the two were on the slide from there on in. I blame ML for not making it clear to Huw how he worked from the start and Huw for chucking the toys out of the pram and not having faith in his manager. Probably had the hump as Toots was doing his job when not directly employed by the club.
Belisa works in a very similar manner to this hence he did not get the gig I reckon.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:39 - Aug 28 with 2452 viewscostalotta

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:29 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Whatever you say the transfer policy at the time worked. The best football I've seen any swans side play and our one and only major trophy in 104 years.

It was indeed but sadly in the past. We are where we are so to speak and as some earlier on the thread mentioned we are still feeling effects of that.

There must be carh flow issues or something going on as we surely can't be that short sighted.
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:58 - Aug 28 with 2408 viewsicecoldjack

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:37 - Aug 28 by Private_Partz

I always thought it was a clash if egos. ML went off on his holidays to play with his fellow rich superstar and left Toots the task of bringing in the players he wanted. Preparations were being made for Ash and Michu to be sold for big bucks so we could bring in bargin players to improve the team further.
Huw was not at all happy about this and the agent was shown the door. ML then left Huw to get the players he wanted and we failed to bring in any of his first choices.
Relationship between the two were on the slide from there on in. I blame ML for not making it clear to Huw how he worked from the start and Huw for chucking the toys out of the pram and not having faith in his manager. Probably had the hump as Toots was doing his job when not directly employed by the club.
Belisa works in a very similar manner to this hence he did not get the gig I reckon.

Heard ash was being lined up for a move by tutu, on reflection we missed a trick there as the wrong clique ended up winning out and a lot of l the decent footballers ended up out the door.
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 18:00 - Aug 28 with 2398 viewsexiledclaseboy

Look out, the Laudrup fanboys are gathering for their AGM.

Poll: Tory leader

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 18:10 - Aug 28 with 2352 viewsploppy

I think we should buy players that
(a) want to play for us, and
(b) are a good fit for the style of play we want to play as a club.
The trouble with signing players that either only want to come here because of the manager, or are identified by the manager, is that the manager could be sacked in a couple of months - and then what? That's pretty much what happened with Laudrup isn't it? On the other hand, if the manager is left out of the process altogether, what's he going to think? I dunno ...
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 18:17 - Aug 28 with 2332 viewsjack247

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 18:10 - Aug 28 by ploppy

I think we should buy players that
(a) want to play for us, and
(b) are a good fit for the style of play we want to play as a club.
The trouble with signing players that either only want to come here because of the manager, or are identified by the manager, is that the manager could be sacked in a couple of months - and then what? That's pretty much what happened with Laudrup isn't it? On the other hand, if the manager is left out of the process altogether, what's he going to think? I dunno ...

I don't think there is a major issue with the manager not signing the players provided:

He tells whoever signs them the type of player he wants and explains how they wil fit with the way he wants to play
Whoever is bringing players in, is actually good at it

At the moment I'd say we are probably doing the former to some extent, have a lot of room for improvement on the latter
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 19:41 - Aug 28 with 2184 viewsFlashberryjack

I wish we had a manager

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 20:04 - Aug 28 with 2149 viewsPrivate_Partz

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 18:00 - Aug 28 by exiledclaseboy

Look out, the Laudrup fanboys are gathering for their AGM.

You'd better believe it! ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 20:09 - Aug 28 with 2134 viewsPrivate_Partz

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 19:41 - Aug 28 by Flashberryjack

I wish we had a manager

We have one. Give him a chance. Someone said we have not had much changes this season. Well we have with many senior players being shipped out and replacements being brought in late and sporadically. I feel the powers that be are not being fair with FG at the moment. I think we should cut him some slack for the time being. Let's see how things pan out once the the new signings have all arrived and bedded in and he can then work fully on his style of playing with them. It's too early to dismiss him at he moment.

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 21:00 - Aug 28 with 2046 viewsLoyal

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:22 - Aug 28 by perchrockjack

We need a nasty ,serious minded , hard nosed winner as a manager, one who can handle the media fluff .
He needs to have full control

It just doesn't happen like that any more.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024