Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With our Winger crossing problems.. 19:48 - Aug 28 with 853 viewsSwan91

would you like to see a change in formation.

I would like to see us try a 3-5-2(or 5-3-2) formation. more in midfield would mean back to the shorter passing. Would also mean there would be more people around Llorente so he wouldn't be so isolated... would be able to link up with midfielders and also the other striker. we are not going to get anywhere with the poor crosses from the wings.. especially when Llorente is mainly the only person there.... would also solve our defensive problems with the inclusion of another defender (preferably one of the new CB's we are linked with)

so like this:

-----------------------Fabianski-----------------

--------Amat-----Mbodji/Mawson-----Fernandez

Naughton----------------------------------------Kingsley

--------------cork/Britton----Fer/Ki-------------

--------------------------Gylfi-------------------

---------------Baston------------Llorente

hopefully it will help us keep possession in midfield and naughton and kingdsley can go further and cross the ball (they are better at crossing than the wingers). Llorente wouldn't be so isolated and between him, baston and gylfi there could be some good link up play.

then if we look like we need to go wider on the pitch we could just bring on montero and barrow second half and have them run at the tiring defenders. They both can't play full games and are fully utilised if they play 1 half... so it could work in our favour.

What do you think?

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 19:51 - Aug 28 with 836 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There's no problem with crosses into the box when Montero plays

There's just nobody in the box

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 20:02 - Aug 28 with 814 viewsSwan91

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 19:51 - Aug 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

thats the problem when you have 1 up front... if you dont have the attacking midfielders coming into the box with LLorente... or like what Ayew did... coming in from the wing to the box then they will fail most of the time... so we either cut it out and change formation... or hope that Baston is much better at picking headers compared to him.
With our Winger crossing problems.. on 20:06 - Aug 28 with 798 viewsRancid

Not sure if it's our formation that needs tweaking just the individuals performances in the positions they already play.
With our Winger crossing problems.. on 20:12 - Aug 28 with 780 viewsmagicdaps10

Barrow has put some good crosses into the box in his three games. Montero has a cross on him but he is just so inconsistent and prone to the odd injury, i think a run of games would do him wonders.

Barrow has developed his game superbly since Guidolin came in. He always aims to have an end product, be it a shot or a cross.
The big issue i see is the shape of the central midfield and the lack of a forward creative player in the final third. Gylfi is a cracking player with a cracking shot but he cant skip past a player and cant pick a pass that dissects a back line that feeds a forward run.
The lack of shape in the midfield two really makes it difficult for the two centre halves, giving them virtually no protection.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 20:19 - Aug 28 with 759 viewsRancid

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 20:12 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

Barrow has put some good crosses into the box in his three games. Montero has a cross on him but he is just so inconsistent and prone to the odd injury, i think a run of games would do him wonders.

Barrow has developed his game superbly since Guidolin came in. He always aims to have an end product, be it a shot or a cross.
The big issue i see is the shape of the central midfield and the lack of a forward creative player in the final third. Gylfi is a cracking player with a cracking shot but he cant skip past a player and cant pick a pass that dissects a back line that feeds a forward run.
The lack of shape in the midfield two really makes it difficult for the two centre halves, giving them virtually no protection.

Agree with this.Shelvey was that type of player but a t**t of course.We're so defensive in midfield it's boring as f**k to watch.
With our Winger crossing problems.. on 03:17 - Aug 29 with 598 viewsdameedna

It is about right I think. When we come up against a team that moves our centre halves around it does not look pretty. Not having a striker like Wilf or Michu and nobody with a pass like Hernandez or Shelvey we invite pressure and Leon and Allen were excellwnt at shielding the defence. No easy solution just need to keep our central midfield working at it and our Strikers to lead the line.
With our Winger crossing problems.. on 09:57 - Aug 29 with 480 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 19:51 - Aug 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Apart from the Hull game where he'd have had difficulty crossing the road let alone finding someone with one of his crosses. In the entire game we gave Llorente NOTHING to work with. He must be thinking "what the f*ck have I got myself into here?"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 10:13 - Aug 29 with 461 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 09:57 - Aug 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Apart from the Hull game where he'd have had difficulty crossing the road let alone finding someone with one of his crosses. In the entire game we gave Llorente NOTHING to work with. He must be thinking "what the f*ck have I got myself into here?"

Ah the old hull game when he came on as sub and immediately had 2 marking him and we still gave him the ball again & again .Poor stuff .

Llorente could be on at least 3 goals this season Bryn ,
I'm not slagging him but he's missed 3 sitters .all from crosses

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 10:20 - Aug 29 with 438 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With our Winger crossing problems.. on 10:13 - Aug 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ah the old hull game when he came on as sub and immediately had 2 marking him and we still gave him the ball again & again .Poor stuff .

Llorente could be on at least 3 goals this season Bryn ,
I'm not slagging him but he's missed 3 sitters .all from crosses

Maybe you're right Tom, he may be a dud but it's still early. Montero is almost always going to be an impact player for us under Frankie so I'm not sure if he's going to have the desired impact especially at the Liberty where teams below the top 6 will always double up on him.
Against Hull we should have camped around their 18 yard line and relied on Kingsley to keep banging in deep crosses . I know it's a bit archaic but we may have stolen a goal.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024