Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windows 10 20:30 - Aug 28 with 1032 viewsjojaca

I have only had new PC for two months, rebooted it twice before today and switched PC on this evening and face automatic repair loop. I have to create another Windows 10 from another PC/laptop on DVD/USB stick and try to install that on my new PC. I have endless Windows 10 problems on kids laptops. Never buy Windows again.

Even when you know, you never know?

Windows 10 on 20:32 - Aug 28 with 1023 viewsMurph75

Hugely dislike windows.
Windows 10 on 20:46 - Aug 28 with 1001 viewsmax936

It was great when it first came out, well it seemed to be, but its turned to shit now, I aint very techie and it drives me mad, how my laptop is still in one piece is miraculous.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Windows 10 on 23:05 - Aug 28 with 928 viewsLord_Bony

I briefly tried both Windows 8 and Windows 10 on my PC.

Could not get on with either one of them.. I only use Windows 7 it is the best Windows ever

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Windows 10 on 23:17 - Aug 28 with 915 viewsWingstandwood

Utterly dreadful operating system Windows 10! I had the 'Start Menu And Cortana Not Working In Windows 10' problem that rendered my newly bought laptop useless a day after I bought it. Used a tutorial to fix it. I would have had to call a PC tech out if I had not found it. How many forced to pay for a call out because of that utterly shite Windows operating system?

Argus!

Windows 10 on 12:02 - Aug 29 with 822 viewsJackFish

Windows 10 is so, so much better than Windows 7, can't believe people still use that crap.
Windows 10 on 12:30 - Aug 29 with 805 viewsmonmouth

Windows 10 on 12:02 - Aug 29 by JackFish

Windows 10 is so, so much better than Windows 7, can't believe people still use that crap.

I've never had a single solitary problem with Windows 10 on the laptop, and I upgraded when it first came out. My old dad on the other hand, just tried it, had a nightmare, and has gone back to windows 7.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Windows 10 on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 794 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I have problems with windows 10 dropping out of wifi connection .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Windows 10 on 13:08 - Aug 29 with 768 viewsnantywatcher

Windows 10 on 12:47 - Aug 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

I have problems with windows 10 dropping out of wifi connection .

...and me! Other than that - it's great.
Login to get fewer ads

Windows 10 on 16:25 - Aug 29 with 707 viewsskippyjack

Yep.. I've had problems with windows.. but me f*cking around with it, to get kodi to stream IPTV sources with low GB space didn't help..

Windows 10 is only adaptable to certain devices really.. it's not actually 'built' for certain 'Windows' products, which is f*cking stupid.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Windows 10 on 22:12 - Aug 29 with 617 viewslonglostjack

I was getting messages to upgrade to Windows 10 and kept on klicking on cross top right to get rid. Then one day that little cross started an automatic upgrade. At the time I was irritated but thought OK let it go. Being lazy most of my files had been saved to desktop. Anyway Windows 10 installed and desktop was clean. Panicked and found two important folders and saved them to desktop. Switched of computer. Next day switched back on and got a message saying restoring to original settings. All folders reappeared on desktop except the two I'd saved. Looked in Windows.old - gone. Anybody now where they went?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Windows 10 on 22:17 - Aug 29 with 607 viewsmonmouth

Windows 10 on 22:12 - Aug 29 by longlostjack

I was getting messages to upgrade to Windows 10 and kept on klicking on cross top right to get rid. Then one day that little cross started an automatic upgrade. At the time I was irritated but thought OK let it go. Being lazy most of my files had been saved to desktop. Anyway Windows 10 installed and desktop was clean. Panicked and found two important folders and saved them to desktop. Switched of computer. Next day switched back on and got a message saying restoring to original settings. All folders reappeared on desktop except the two I'd saved. Looked in Windows.old - gone. Anybody now where they went?

Check in all your directories. When I said I'd had no problems I'd forgotten it did this, the useless bag of shite.

I found my 'disappeared' ones in 'users' under my name.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Windows 10 on 22:19 - Aug 29 with 604 viewslonglostjack

Windows 10 on 22:17 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Check in all your directories. When I said I'd had no problems I'd forgotten it did this, the useless bag of shite.

I found my 'disappeared' ones in 'users' under my name.

Thanks. Will do.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Windows 10 on 22:40 - Aug 29 with 587 viewsjedijack

I think Windows 10 is by far the best windows so far. In their usual tick tock fashion Microsoft have come up with a winner in my opinion, after the clusterfack that was Windows 8/8.1. The difference it's made with certain games has been brilliant with major improvements in performance over 7/8/8.1. Not to mention DX12 that more and more games will be using over the next few years.

That's not to say it doesn't need a little bit of tweaking to make it how I want it. Personally I've done the following on all W10 devices in my house.

Disable Cortana
Disable every option under settings - Privacy
Use CCleaner to remove virtually all of the useless "Metro" apps. Only problem with this is that the apps are installed per user profile so will need to be repeated on all user profiles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024