Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Loans 22:03 - Aug 29 with 1602 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The club seems to like loaning OUT players but appears to be very reluctant to take any IN on a loan.
It has worked out quite well in the past (JDG comes to mind) and there appear to have been quite a few PL players available for loans.
Are we missing an opportunity there.
Transfer Loans on 22:17 - Aug 29 with 1539 viewsGTCJack

Think we like loaning out so that Huw's masterstrokes can justify the purchase, like Tabanou, Eder, Bartley, Falkirk purchases etc.

Just a shame they generally prove to be exactly what we all expected. There are some great examples of loan players out there... like Moses, Memphis at a long shot. Look at the guy on loan at Bristol City, Abraham - he's ripping the Championship apart.
Transfer Loans on 22:17 - Aug 29 with 1536 viewsParsSwans

I spoke about this with my dad and friend who I go with to the games, the one thing that we differ from other clubs is when we loan players out it is to league 1 or league 2 clubs where other similar level Premier Clubs loan their players out to Championship or European clubs meaning that they are not competing at the level needed to come back and make an impact and also suggesting our talent in terms of strength in depth is not as good as others. Therefore his backs up the overwhelming outcry for better quality signings/ improved scouting network etc etc
Transfer Loans on 06:35 - Aug 30 with 1373 viewsSwansNZ

Transfer Loans on 22:17 - Aug 29 by ParsSwans

I spoke about this with my dad and friend who I go with to the games, the one thing that we differ from other clubs is when we loan players out it is to league 1 or league 2 clubs where other similar level Premier Clubs loan their players out to Championship or European clubs meaning that they are not competing at the level needed to come back and make an impact and also suggesting our talent in terms of strength in depth is not as good as others. Therefore his backs up the overwhelming outcry for better quality signings/ improved scouting network etc etc

I doubt many teams loan more than a couple to the championship, even less abroad,

We have loaned Monk Utd a couple.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Transfer Loans on 07:05 - Aug 30 with 1351 viewsjack247

Siggy is probably the best example of a successful loan. I agree completely though. We are the ideal platform for a player on the fringes at a top team, who wants more game time, but doesn't want to leave his club permanently.
Transfer Loans on 07:57 - Aug 30 with 1265 viewsWhiterockin

Transfer Loans on 07:05 - Aug 30 by jack247

Siggy is probably the best example of a successful loan. I agree completely though. We are the ideal platform for a player on the fringes at a top team, who wants more game time, but doesn't want to leave his club permanently.

Would you take Jack Wilshere?
Transfer Loans on 21:50 - Aug 30 with 1108 viewsoldcob

Transfer Loans on 07:57 - Aug 30 by Whiterockin

As a player? Yes. As a person I think it would stick in my throat having to cheer him, but as long as he played for SCFC, cheer him I would.
Transfer Loans on 21:52 - Aug 30 with 1088 viewslondonlisa2001

He's going to Juventus according to some reports in London?
Transfer Loans on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 1048 viewsjack247

I would. Absolutely.

His injury record is obviously a concern, but many of us, me included, were crying out for Joe Allen in the summer. Wilshere, when fit, can play that role better than Joe IMO.

I doubt he will come here, someone more ambitious like Palace or Middlesbrough will probably get him
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Loans on 22:04 - Aug 30 with 1022 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

If we have not made an attempt to sign Jack Wilshire then there is something very wrong with the recruitment team at the club.
Transfer Loans on 22:24 - Aug 30 with 984 viewsKerouac

We had better not go near Wilshere. Fraud of a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Transfer Loans on 22:31 - Aug 30 with 959 viewspencoedjack

Transfer Loans on 21:50 - Aug 30 by oldcob

As a player? Yes. As a person I think it would stick in my throat having to cheer him, but as long as he played for SCFC, cheer him I would.

I think I would find it difficult to cheer Rodgers as boss if he came back ( off subject I know) p
Transfer Loans on 22:34 - Aug 30 with 940 viewsjacktar

Transfer Loans on 21:52 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

He's going to Juventus according to some reports in London?

He'll probably get injured on the flight over.
Not a lot of leg room with Ryanair these days like.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Transfer Loans on 11:27 - Aug 31 with 736 viewsBloodyhills

Wouldn't have him here, he's jinxed with injuries.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Transfer Loans on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 690 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Transfer Loans on 11:27 - Aug 31 by Bloodyhills

Wouldn't have him here, he's jinxed with injuries.

He could play with a broken leg and offer more than Jack Cork has in most of his matches with us.
Transfer Loans on 13:09 - Aug 31 with 627 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Loans on 06:35 - Aug 30 by SwansNZ

I doubt many teams loan more than a couple to the championship, even less abroad,

We have loaned Monk Utd a couple.

And we loaned Dyer to the eventual Champions too, so I agree that we're not too different to other teams of our level. We're never going to be like Chelsea who've got a squad full of internationals ready to be loaned out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024