Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 12:55 - Aug 30 with 14684 viewsBenJ94

Kick off tonight at 7:45. Post any match updates here. Will any senior players play and are we actually taking any fans to this?
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:08 - Aug 30 with 1917 viewsmonmouth

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 22:58 - Aug 30 by Jango

I think it's quite obvious that improving the academy and training facilities was put before improving the playing squad because that way the club would be more attractive to potential investors.

I think that is actually very unfair. If and when the relegation russian roulette has our number, we are in a better place than pouring the money into agents. newcastle spent 80 million. And we have been solidly mid table that time. I believe that our team is till solidly mid table in capability if people get their act together.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:11 - Aug 30 with 1897 viewsmorningstar

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:08 - Aug 30 by monmouth

I think that is actually very unfair. If and when the relegation russian roulette has our number, we are in a better place than pouring the money into agents. newcastle spent 80 million. And we have been solidly mid table that time. I believe that our team is till solidly mid table in capability if people get their act together.

Ffs Mon! This is the meltdown thread because the stiffs and kids lost to Wimbledon mun!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:14 - Aug 30 with 1877 viewsmonmouth

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:11 - Aug 30 by morningstar

Ffs Mon! This is the meltdown thread because the stiffs and kids lost to Wimbledon mun!

Oh yeah, forgot.

Our football club...is total shit;
Our football club IS total shit;
We are shit, shit and more shit;
our football club is total shit.

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:23 - Aug 30 with 1829 viewsepaul

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 22:23 - Aug 30 by swan85

Just emailing Mr Toulouse work email now to ask if it was him, and to let him know he is being called a legend here. Hoping to entice him back!

It was Bill I was with him

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:26 - Aug 30 with 1812 viewsSmellyplumz

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:23 - Aug 30 by epaul

It was Bill I was with him

Paul if you watched the game how did tabbanue play, any good or a write off?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:30 - Aug 30 with 1784 viewsDarran

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 22:23 - Aug 30 by swan85

Just emailing Mr Toulouse work email now to ask if it was him, and to let him know he is being called a legend here. Hoping to entice him back!

You're emailing him to to tell him he's a legend here?

F*cking hell how long you been in that coma?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 00:36 - Aug 31 with 1618 viewsepaul

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:26 - Aug 30 by Smellyplumz

Paul if you watched the game how did tabbanue play, any good or a write off?

Far from outstanding, fat frank for nothing, I could be fair and say he was with youngsters but senior pro on pitch and he just didn't bring it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 02:25 - Aug 31 with 1513 viewsSmellyplumz

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 00:36 - Aug 31 by epaul

Far from outstanding, fat frank for nothing, I could be fair and say he was with youngsters but senior pro on pitch and he just didn't bring it

Thanks pal

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 09:51 - Aug 31 with 1283 viewsBYMJacks

me and 8 others went last night by minibus and it wasnt the best of games for the under23s at least it is a new ground that has been ticked off though
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 09:56 - Aug 31 with 1268 viewsCopaMundial

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:08 - Aug 30 by monmouth

And how long do you think the club would be able to find the maintenance and running costs of two facilities if we got relegated...not very long I can assure you,academies the biggest myth in modern football.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 1240 viewsLegend83

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 09:51 - Aug 31 by BYMJacks

me and 8 others went last night by minibus and it wasnt the best of games for the under23s at least it is a new ground that has been ticked off though

Thanks for the in-depth match report.

;)
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 10:28 - Aug 31 with 1205 viewsUxbridge

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 09:56 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

And how long do you think the club would be able to find the maintenance and running costs of two facilities if we got relegated...not very long I can assure you,academies the biggest myth in modern football.

Not just about academy status though. It's about proper facilities for the first team and youth setups. An actual legacy from our time at the top table that isn't a massive level of debt is surely a good thing?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 10:37 - Aug 31 with 1180 viewsCopaMundial

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 10:28 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

Not just about academy status though. It's about proper facilities for the first team and youth setups. An actual legacy from our time at the top table that isn't a massive level of debt is surely a good thing?

Like I said earlier,how long do you think we could fund both those facilities if we got relegated.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 1097 viewsUxbridge

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 10:37 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

Like I said earlier,how long do you think we could fund both those facilities if we got relegated.

Facilities <> Academy status. You can downsize the operation whilst still making use of the facilities.

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 12:15 - Aug 31 with 1058 viewsCopaMundial

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 11:58 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

Facilities <> Academy status. You can downsize the operation whilst still making use of the facilities.

You can't downsize the maintenance costs which are huge I can assure you,hopefully relegation is a long way away but if it was to happen then bye bye one of those "legacy"luxuries.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 12:23 - Aug 31 with 1036 viewsswan85

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 23:30 - Aug 30 by Darran

You're emailing him to to tell him he's a legend here?

F*cking hell how long you been in that coma?

Thank you.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 12:31 - Aug 31 with 1014 viewsepaul

Ricksterthejack the jack called Bill a f*cking tvvat on twitter back to the original tweet 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 14:29 - Aug 31 with 915 viewsUxbridge

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 12:15 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

You can't downsize the maintenance costs which are huge I can assure you,hopefully relegation is a long way away but if it was to happen then bye bye one of those "legacy"luxuries.

I'm well aware of the costs, as it goes. And a lot of the costs of the Cat 1 setups are nothing to do with maintenance. It doesn't come close to £2.5m a year to maintain Landore.

I have little doubt that Cat 1 status is dependent on us staying in this league. However either way, our first team will have excellent facilities at Fairwood, and the youth setups at Landore. Unless we're in massive trouble after any relegation, there's no reason why we couldn't run both facilities. The big expenditure has already been done.

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:02 - Aug 31 with 888 viewsCopaMundial

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 14:29 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

I'm well aware of the costs, as it goes. And a lot of the costs of the Cat 1 setups are nothing to do with maintenance. It doesn't come close to £2.5m a year to maintain Landore.

I have little doubt that Cat 1 status is dependent on us staying in this league. However either way, our first team will have excellent facilities at Fairwood, and the youth setups at Landore. Unless we're in massive trouble after any relegation, there's no reason why we couldn't run both facilities. The big expenditure has already been done.

You do realise what you've just said do you,I'm really worried that there are people involved with the Trust who believe running costs of around 2.5 million for one facility is sustainable in the long term....incredible
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:27 - Aug 31 with 859 viewsUxbridge

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:02 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

You do realise what you've just said do you,I'm really worried that there are people involved with the Trust who believe running costs of around 2.5 million for one facility is sustainable in the long term....incredible

Aye, you clearly don't realise what I actually wrote.

Cat1 annual expense is around £2.5m as I recall. It's sustainable now, it probably isn't if we drop down a division, at least not in the long term. However, for the umpteenth time, Cat1 expenditure is very different to maintenance of the facilities, which would be a fraction of that, and was the point you were making.

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:41 - Aug 31 with 815 viewsCopaMundial

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:27 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

Aye, you clearly don't realise what I actually wrote.

Cat1 annual expense is around £2.5m as I recall. It's sustainable now, it probably isn't if we drop down a division, at least not in the long term. However, for the umpteenth time, Cat1 expenditure is very different to maintenance of the facilities, which would be a fraction of that, and was the point you were making.

Well you obviously have no idea how much it's going to cost to maintain either facility going forwards,whatever it costs at the moment it is no indicator of the future cost,remember everything from the playing surfaces the machinery and the buildings are brand spanking new at the moment and require minimum expenditure.
Go and speak to a local Rugby,Football or Cricket club and ask them how much it costs annually to maintain their playing surfaces alone,you may have a better idea after that.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:46 - Aug 31 with 800 viewsUxbridge

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:41 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

Well you obviously have no idea how much it's going to cost to maintain either facility going forwards,whatever it costs at the moment it is no indicator of the future cost,remember everything from the playing surfaces the machinery and the buildings are brand spanking new at the moment and require minimum expenditure.
Go and speak to a local Rugby,Football or Cricket club and ask them how much it costs annually to maintain their playing surfaces alone,you may have a better idea after that.

Well, if you don't think current maintenance costs are a decent indicator of future maintenance costs then we're going to get nowhere here.

But anyway, thanks for the education on such matters.

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:48 - Aug 31 with 793 viewsmonmouth

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:41 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

You seem quite excitable about this mate. Would you really rather we'd spunked say £80m on players and their agents and wages (not that it would be a fraction of that) and not have these other assets?

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:51 - Aug 31 with 789 viewsCopaMundial

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:46 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

Well, if you don't think current maintenance costs are a decent indicator of future maintenance costs then we're going to get nowhere here.

But anyway, thanks for the education on such matters.

You're welcome.

My last word.

When you buy a brand new car it costs very little to maintain during the first few years,five years on and it's a different matter.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:55 - Aug 31 with 778 viewsraynor94

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:51 - Aug 31 by CopaMundial

You're welcome.

My last word.

When you buy a brand new car it costs very little to maintain during the first few years,five years on and it's a different matter.

What a strange analogy

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024