Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson: Official 18:25 - Aug 30 with 6899 viewsAngelRangelQS

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/alfie-mawson-completes-swanse

Interesting to see how he'll get on. Not holding my breath if it had anything to do with Jenkins mind
Mawson: Official on 20:24 - Aug 30 with 1994 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Mawson: Official on 20:19 - Aug 30 by jack247

Well yeah, particularly as two of them have retired

Both could turn up to our next match and put in performances far exceeding anything Fernandez is now capable of.

I remember attending the Rotherham match where he made his debut and later commenting on this forum how he looked shambolic back then against lower league attackers.

He has been carried by Williams ever since and now is exposed with no where to hide.

£8m excluding his wages must be up there with one of the worst signings in this clubs history.
Mawson: Official on 20:28 - Aug 30 with 1971 viewsjack247

Mawson: Official on 20:24 - Aug 30 by BlameHuwJenkins

Both could turn up to our next match and put in performances far exceeding anything Fernandez is now capable of.

I remember attending the Rotherham match where he made his debut and later commenting on this forum how he looked shambolic back then against lower league attackers.

He has been carried by Williams ever since and now is exposed with no where to hide.

£8m excluding his wages must be up there with one of the worst signings in this clubs history.

There is a significant difference between 'world class' and 'better than Fernandez'
Mawson: Official on 21:01 - Aug 30 with 1898 viewsjasper_T

Mawson: Official on 20:11 - Aug 30 by BlameHuwJenkins

Should be straight in the starting eleven for the next match. Amat was average enough along side Williams so I remain hopeful that he is capable of such performances again alongside a second composed defender.

I suspect even world class defenders such as Rio Ferdinand, Vidic and Smalling would struggle alongside Fernandez.

Fck off back to redcafe.
Mawson: Official on 21:24 - Aug 30 with 1861 viewsTNT

What if Alfie really is what it's all about?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Mawson: Official on 21:32 - Aug 30 with 1831 viewslondonlisa2001

Hope this guy can fulfil his promise with us.

Seems to have his head screwed on which is one positive.

And to have captained Barnsley at 22 he must have some leadership qualities that we are lacking at the back.

Let's hope he spends the next ten years with us and becomes one of our great signings.
Mawson: Official on 21:58 - Aug 30 with 1765 viewstomdickharry

Chelsea will be an experience for him.
Mawson: Official on 00:38 - Aug 31 with 1626 viewsJethroJack

Welcome Alfie...already my new favourite player after reading about his support for the youngster with serious health problems.

Alfie Mawson....his song's gotta have awesome in there somewhere.

CH/DM....scores goals...what's not to like...YJB.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 0:39]
Mawson: Official on 01:09 - Aug 31 with 1581 viewsAndyNak

He's Alfie Mawson
He's phuckin awesome
He's got a ginger tache
And the pick of the Swansea... Ladies

(To the tune of Copacabana)

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson: Official on 04:03 - Aug 31 with 1527 viewsSmileyBwoi

I THINK HES GETTING READY FOR CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL ALREADY LOL

Poll: Who should we sign in January?

Mawson: Official on 08:45 - Aug 31 with 1423 viewsjasonbromham

Mawson: Official on 04:03 - Aug 31 by SmileyBwoi

I THINK HES GETTING READY FOR CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL ALREADY LOL

The Yaya Toure Song

Alfie, Alfie, Alfie, Alfie, Alfie, Alfie, Alfie Mawson & Repeat.
Mawson: Official on 09:30 - Aug 31 with 1370 viewsDafyddHuw

Mawson: Official on 08:45 - Aug 31 by jasonbromham

The Yaya Toure Song

Too complicated
Mawson: Official on 09:38 - Aug 31 with 1340 viewsSmellyplumz

Mawson: Official on 09:30 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

Too complicated

That's as good as it will get tbf

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Mawson: Official on 09:46 - Aug 31 with 1316 viewsnantywatcher

Mawson: Official on 09:38 - Aug 31 by Smellyplumz

That's as good as it will get tbf

"What's it all about Alfie?
Are you glad to be a Jack
Alfie - Alfie"
Mawson: Official on 04:52 - Sep 1 with 1195 viewsGriffting

To the tune of more more more, how do you like it, how do you like it

Maw maw maw,
Alfie mawson, Alfie Mawson
Maw maw maw,
Alfie Mawson, Alfie Mawson

No? Okay.
Mawson: Official on 06:22 - Sep 1 with 1164 viewsjack247

Mawson: Official on 08:45 - Aug 31 by jasonbromham

The Yaya Toure Song

This is still the Roger Freestone song. Always has been, always will be.
Mawson: Official on 21:46 - Sep 1 with 999 viewsSmileyBwoi

Mawson: Official on 06:22 - Sep 1 by jack247

Alfie is our hero he's solid as a rock he play's infront of fabbi who's got a tinny pole

Poll: Who should we sign in January?

Mawson: Official on 14:16 - Sep 2 with 868 viewsLandore_Jack

Interesting. We could have signed John Stones and Mason Holgate before they moved to Everton!!

Dave Leadbeater, who was brought up in Brierley, had recommended Oakwell academy graduates Stones and Holgate to the Swans' hierarchy before they made moves to Premier League rivals Everton.

He said City were not going to miss out on a third Barnsley defender and were happy to outbid their rivals to secure Mawson's signature. He believes Mawson is good enough to go straight into Francesco Guidolin's first team and potentially replace former captain and Welsh international Ashley Williams.

"We liked Stones and Holgate but it's about what you need at the time," Leadbeater told the Chronicle.

"Back then we were not after a central defender but this time we were. "We lost Ashley and we wanted a homegrown lad to replace him. As soon as we heard other clubs were interested (in Mawson) we knocked the door down. "

http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/swanseas-head-of-recruitment-from-brier
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 14:19]

#backtojack

Mawson: Official on 14:25 - Sep 2 with 837 viewsPozuelosSideys

Mawson: Official on 14:16 - Sep 2 by Landore_Jack

Interesting. We could have signed John Stones and Mason Holgate before they moved to Everton!!

Dave Leadbeater, who was brought up in Brierley, had recommended Oakwell academy graduates Stones and Holgate to the Swans' hierarchy before they made moves to Premier League rivals Everton.

He said City were not going to miss out on a third Barnsley defender and were happy to outbid their rivals to secure Mawson's signature. He believes Mawson is good enough to go straight into Francesco Guidolin's first team and potentially replace former captain and Welsh international Ashley Williams.

"We liked Stones and Holgate but it's about what you need at the time," Leadbeater told the Chronicle.

"Back then we were not after a central defender but this time we were. "We lost Ashley and we wanted a homegrown lad to replace him. As soon as we heard other clubs were interested (in Mawson) we knocked the door down. "

http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/swanseas-head-of-recruitment-from-brier
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 14:19]

I hope this bloke lives up to his billing. The noise is quite positive and we could sure do with that.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Mawson: Official on 14:26 - Sep 2 with 834 viewsLandore_Jack

To rub salt into the wound Everton paid £3M for Stones before selling him for £50M. I bet the club are kicking themselves.

#backtojack

Mawson: Official on 14:33 - Sep 2 with 822 viewsjasonbromham

Mawson: Official on 21:46 - Sep 1 by SmileyBwoi

Alfie is our hero he's solid as a rock he play's infront of fabbi who's got a tinny pole

Change to Alfie is our hero, he's solid as a wall, he plays in front of Fabbi, who's got a massive pole.
Mawson: Official on 14:53 - Sep 2 with 784 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

So we reject arguably the only solid recommendation our chief scout has ever given us but were happy to sign the others who have all clearly turned out to be rubbish.

Another catastrophic mistake from Jenkins. The list keeps growing.
Mawson: Official on 15:08 - Sep 2 with 755 viewsmonmouth

Mawson: Official on 14:53 - Sep 2 by BlameHuwJenkins

So we reject arguably the only solid recommendation our chief scout has ever given us but were happy to sign the others who have all clearly turned out to be rubbish.

Forgive me Mr Blame Huw Jenkins, but what exactly are we blaming him for? Have we been relegated?

Now I have my own issues with how he's behaved along with some others, and I don't like the control freakery vibe in general, but haven't we have been in the PL for six straight seasons ending solidly mid table each time? Is that what we are blaming him for?

John Stones my arse. Amazing how many people always claim 'we could have signed him, I always saw his talent' when someone turns out to be a success. About as convincing as that Everton joker saying they turned down Sissoko because they didn't want to upset James McCarthy because he is like family.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mawson: Official on 15:11 - Sep 2 with 744 viewsjasper_T

Hindsight is 20:20, we can't buy all of the kids our scouts recommend, and we can't prevent other clubs from getting the same recommendations from their own.
Mawson: Official on 15:11 - Sep 2 with 743 viewsraynor94

Mawson: Official on 14:53 - Sep 2 by BlameHuwJenkins

Do one Dwight

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mawson: Official on 15:16 - Sep 2 with 726 views3swan

Mawson: Official on 06:22 - Sep 1 by jack247

Can never be replaced

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024