Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back Spasms 19:23 - Aug 30 with 3824 viewsCountyJim

Anyone else suffer from these im in absolute agony today even had to take Diazepam

Any tips would be appreciated
Back Spasms on 19:25 - Aug 30 with 2748 viewsdickythorpe

Lie on the floor and bring your knees up to your chest slowly, hold your knees with your hands almost trying to push them into your chest.
Back Spasms on 19:28 - Aug 30 with 2740 viewsCountyJim

Back Spasms on 19:25 - Aug 30 by dickythorpe

Lie on the floor and bring your knees up to your chest slowly, hold your knees with your hands almost trying to push them into your chest.

Thanks Dicky im even struggling to get out of my chair today let alone get down on the floor
Back Spasms on 19:30 - Aug 30 with 2735 viewsNogginthenog

IMy wife has been suffering terribly for past 3 months, she's been referred for MRI to see what's causing hers, she also has pain and pins and needles in right leg so sounds like sciatic issue.

Go to the walk in physio clinic at Morriston hospital they may be able to help. Initially they gave the Mrs an exercise programme and the hydrotherapy sessions. It hasn't cured her unfortunately but your pain may not be the same as hers and they are very helpful.
Back Spasms on 19:41 - Aug 30 with 2716 viewsPacemaker

I used to suffer from back spasms regularly went to see the Physio at my local hospital who gave me a few stretching exercises and I have been pain free for about three years.

I had worn away the sockets in my spinal cord and the spasm was as a result of the muscle reacting to my spine moving around and preventing it causing further damage.

I used to be unable to left my leg off the floor or get out of bed. I had these exercises and also an upright stretch moving my torso from upright to each side whilst keeping my back perfectly straight and stretching as far as I could in one movement and then back the centre before going to the other side. You have to go through a bit of pain but it pulls the spasm free.

Key to recovery is keep moving and get warmth into effected area.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Backpain/Pages/low-back-pain-exercises.aspx

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Back Spasms on 19:58 - Aug 30 with 2693 viewsunion_jack

Basically, a back problem is not one issue. Every person suffers differently.

Before you take advice from anyone, especially on here with respect, get diagnosed as to what the problem is.

One set of exercises for one person could do harm to another.

Get X-rays, MRIs and professional help. Pay if you can to speed it up. Once you know the problem, you can do something about it probably. If it's disc wear, herniated discs etc. Core strengthening may be needed.

One bit of advice given on here which may be good is to keep moving, but only if you can. It's also a bloody good excuse to not do the dishes or whatever your better half has in store for you. You may as well get something out of it!

I am a Grand Master in the suffering of back issues so I have some credibility I'd like to think.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Back Spasms on 19:59 - Aug 30 with 2687 viewsDarran

Back Spasms on 19:28 - Aug 30 by CountyJim

Thanks Dicky im even struggling to get out of my chair today let alone get down on the floor

Me too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Back Spasms on 20:23 - Aug 30 with 2648 viewsCountyJim

Back Spasms on 19:59 - Aug 30 by Darran

Me too.

Back Spasms on 20:33 - Aug 30 with 2629 viewsmax936

Hot water bottle on the affected area, regularly throughout the day Jimbo the Diazepam softens/releases the muscle usually after about 2 or 3 days, small gentle stretches as and when you feel ready, try and keep moving but it ain't easy when the spasm is fresh as it were.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Back Spasms on 20:48 - Aug 30 with 2615 viewsItchySphincter

I've had a couple, you don't be going anywhere for 7-10 days. When you feel better you need to splash out on a trainer and get into some big weights - squats, lunges, deadlifts, back extensions, etc. Eat fish and meat, avoid pasta and bread.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Back Spasms on 21:25 - Aug 30 with 2577 viewsunion_jack

Back Spasms on 20:48 - Aug 30 by ItchySphincter

I've had a couple, you don't be going anywhere for 7-10 days. When you feel better you need to splash out on a trainer and get into some big weights - squats, lunges, deadlifts, back extensions, etc. Eat fish and meat, avoid pasta and bread.

Oh Jeez!

Looks like my advice fell on deaf ears?!

Back Spasms on 21:46 - Aug 30 with 2554 viewsItchySphincter

Back Spasms on 21:25 - Aug 30 by union_jack

Oh Jeez!

Looks like my advice fell on deaf ears?!

Speaking from experience.

The spasm is your body's mechanism to stop you moving so as not to inflict more damage. Let it pass and get on the weights to build some strength but pay for professional advice so as not to further injure yourself. Avoid food that causes inflammation.

Also avoid snake oil salesmen who recommend MRI's and all manner of expensive remedies.

Eat well, lose weight, build strength, get fit - that will sort it out.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 22:34]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Back Spasms on 22:13 - Aug 30 with 2533 viewsunion_jack

Back Spasms on 21:46 - Aug 30 by ItchySphincter

Speaking from experience.

The spasm is your body's mechanism to stop you moving so as not to inflict more damage. Let it pass and get on the weights to build some strength but pay for professional advice so as not to further injure yourself. Avoid food that causes inflammation.

Also avoid snake oil salesmen who recommend MRI's and all manner of expensive remedies.

Eat well, lose weight, build strength, get fit - that will sort it out.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 22:34]

Mmmmmm. You have to look to the reason why the muscle goes into spasm. There may be joint or disc damage which could be permanently damaged by the misuse of weights or incorrect exercises.

There is no one-size-fits-all for back remedies. That's a fact.

And MRIs will show up problems that can then be remedied by correct exercises or routines.

Back Spasms on 22:28 - Aug 30 with 2522 viewsjacktar

No heavy lifting, carrying or too much bending in my experience. Try to keep mobile with some easy walking and avoid sitting and lying around doing nothing as much as possible. You do need to seek medical opinion though ............................... and keep taking the tablets for the time being.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Back Spasms on 22:38 - Aug 30 with 2498 viewsmonmouth

Take no advice off here Jim mun! Spasms aren't homogenous.

I got emergency carted to hospital twenty years ago when they thought I was having a heart attack. This was after the doctor misdiagnosing a possible collapsed lung. An hourin crash then two weeks in hospital filled with painkillers whilst they tested for everything from bone cancer down. Turned out no diagnosis but they reckoned a 'serious back spasm' that they couldn't diagnose as such despite about ten people having me under observation.

After it passed, I have not had any problems since, so it (or my version of 'it') can go as quick as it comes and be quite random.

Get it checked out properly, but if it's like mine the pain will pass. I was crawling round the floor and screaming for painkillers in the nights. But when it eased, it eased bloody quickly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Back Spasms on 22:53 - Aug 30 with 2473 viewsmax936

Back Spasms on 22:38 - Aug 30 by monmouth

Take no advice off here Jim mun! Spasms aren't homogenous.

I got emergency carted to hospital twenty years ago when they thought I was having a heart attack. This was after the doctor misdiagnosing a possible collapsed lung. An hourin crash then two weeks in hospital filled with painkillers whilst they tested for everything from bone cancer down. Turned out no diagnosis but they reckoned a 'serious back spasm' that they couldn't diagnose as such despite about ten people having me under observation.

After it passed, I have not had any problems since, so it (or my version of 'it') can go as quick as it comes and be quite random.

Get it checked out properly, but if it's like mine the pain will pass. I was crawling round the floor and screaming for painkillers in the nights. But when it eased, it eased bloody quickly.

I have suffered with spasms over the yrs in my lower back and its always been caused by either lifting and twisting at the same time or by just an awkward movement mostly on my right hand side painful as fuk the worst one had me shaped like an S hook it took diazepam to sort that one out, last time I had trouble was from sitting in an office chair 2 months ago for a few hours doing paperwork and stuff bad posture probably, core strengthening is the way forward I found as well as carrying less weight and a reasonable exercise routine.

Back Spasms on 22:54 - Aug 30 with 2470 viewslifelong

If it's in your lower back and towards the side it could be a Sacroiliac Joint problem, I promise you thanks not something you smoke, it's the joint where your lower spine meets the pelvic bone. With wear and tear it can slip out on either the left or right side.
I had a problem with it for a long time, it would go for the slightest reason and it's not good when it does, the joint can be clicked back in,obviously by somebody medically trained to do it, you lay on your side, opposite to where the problem is, and the leg you are not resting on is pulled up sharply to your chest.
If you google it there are a few you tube clips of chiropractors performing it. One in Dunvant sorted mine out a few years ago.
Back Spasms on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 2462 viewsmax936

Back Spasms on 22:54 - Aug 30 by lifelong

If it's in your lower back and towards the side it could be a Sacroiliac Joint problem, I promise you thanks not something you smoke, it's the joint where your lower spine meets the pelvic bone. With wear and tear it can slip out on either the left or right side.
I had a problem with it for a long time, it would go for the slightest reason and it's not good when it does, the joint can be clicked back in,obviously by somebody medically trained to do it, you lay on your side, opposite to where the problem is, and the leg you are not resting on is pulled up sharply to your chest.
If you google it there are a few you tube clips of chiropractors performing it. One in Dunvant sorted mine out a few years ago.

Simon Webborn ?

Back Spasms on 23:06 - Aug 30 with 2442 viewslifelong

Back Spasms on 22:58 - Aug 30 by max936

Simon Webborn ?

My mistake Steve it was Killay not Dunvant, it was situated on the roundabout as you turn to go towards Gower, can't remember his name it was a few years ago.
Back Spasms on 23:16 - Aug 30 with 2433 viewsmax936

Back Spasms on 23:06 - Aug 30 by lifelong

My mistake Steve it was Killay not Dunvant, it was situated on the roundabout as you turn to go towards Gower, can't remember his name it was a few years ago.

Simon used to have a place on London Rd in Neath he may still have and also a place just up from the Uplands, as you go through the lights in Uplands you turn right to go up towards Broadway and as you get just past the top of the hill, his House/Clinic was on the left on a corner of a turning, I haven't seen him for yrs, he used to look after the Neath players, back in the day he's very good he started practising acupuncture as well as other alternative methods/treatments.

I used Steve [chalky] Evans in the Ropewalk Neath the times that I've needed treatment, he's good as gold, ex Mr Wales he still trains he built like a brick outhouse
His Son is a good mate of mine, good Chippy to.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 23:51]

Back Spasms on 23:18 - Aug 30 with 2432 viewsmonmouth

Ah, mine was around the lung area and muscular I think. Different issue then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Back Spasms on 23:23 - Aug 30 with 2424 viewsmorningstar

It's Addisons disease, it was on Eastenders earlier.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 23:25]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Back Spasms on 23:32 - Aug 30 with 2406 viewsDarran

Back Spasms on 22:58 - Aug 30 by max936

Simon Webborn ?

He probably didn't recognise him with all that scarring.

Great bloke though even if he was a car thief.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 23:43]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Back Spasms on 23:40 - Aug 30 with 2393 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Lie on the sofa in front of the TV Jim and whatever you do don't move.

Get the wife to bring you painkillers, beer and food regularly but whatever you do, don't move.

Should be OK by Christmas.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Back Spasms on 23:49 - Aug 30 with 2383 viewsmax936

Back Spasms on 23:40 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Lie on the sofa in front of the TV Jim and whatever you do don't move.

Get the wife to bring you painkillers, beer and food regularly but whatever you do, don't move.

Should be OK by Christmas.

Fukme, they've got to chuck buckets of water over him to keep him moist on the beach now mun, if he does what you suggest they'll have to bring a tanker full in

Back Spasms on 00:01 - Aug 31 with 2366 viewsRogerstone

Definitely go see a chiropractor

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024