Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enner Valencia 21:04 - Aug 30 with 22191 viewsHeadmaster

It's going to be Valencia, isn't it? That's the striker we seem to be in for. God knows why, but there we are.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 21:15]
Enner Valencia on 23:28 - Aug 30 with 2657 viewsmonmouth

Enner Valencia on 23:06 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Nasri would be nice. More likely to be me though.

More likely to be Sarni. Cheese and tomato.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Enner Valencia on 23:32 - Aug 30 with 2636 viewsmax936

Enner Valencia on 23:06 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Nasri would be nice. More likely to be me though.

Nasri has gone abroad somewhere for a medical, notsure where but it was on SSN's a bit earlier.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Enner Valencia on 00:00 - Aug 31 with 2547 viewsmajorraglan

Enner Valencia on 23:11 - Aug 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

HJ's exact words: "if one or two things come our way - one or two loans to add - we would look at that."

"We were looking at one or two things, whether that's now or we add in January, it remains to be seen."

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37227206?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

To be honest, I am not really sure what's going on!
The squad is quite thin in some areas and still needs some reinforcement - I am not sure if we have the luxury of being able to wait until January. If things don't go too well between now and Christmas when we start recruiting we could find we really struggle to persuade players to join us, we can see already that Joe Hart doesn't fancy going to Sunderland!
The aim should be continuous improvement and consolidation and I totally get living within your means, but our last few transfer windows, by enlarge have been disappointing, players have come in, but most haven't had the impact that was expected. The "problem" we have is that we are playing in the Premier League, the standard is very high and therefore the pool of players who have the ability to play at this level is much reduced, which makes it more expensive and difficult to recruit good players. To counter that you have to have a really good scouting network to identify talent and to be able to develop that talent, I think there is some way to go on this front!
Also, some surprising decisions have been new made in relation to new contracts being awarded, are we covering the bases in the event of relegation or are we looking further down the line at a post Brexit world where the number of European players in the league will be reduced pushing up the value of home grown players? I don't know is the answer, I just hope the club do!

Some of our better players have left and we have to face up to the fact that some of our stalwarts are coming to the end of their career, there is work to be done and the scouting dept and manager should be working hand in glove to ensure the succession planning is well in hand and that there is a blue print and strategy for moving forward, I get the feeling things aren't happening that way.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 0:06]
Enner Valencia on 01:01 - Aug 31 with 2407 viewsAndyNak

I read the most recent Secret Footballer book a few weeks ago (excellent read but definitely takes a little more shine off the modern game) but - and this may surprise you...

... No one wants to go to Sunderland

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Enner Valencia on 06:33 - Aug 31 with 2257 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Enner Valencia on 21:34 - Aug 30 by therealme

Jesus Christ he's awful. And a mercenary

Another striker that doesn't suit our style. Brillliant

We'll surely that's part of the reason we're looking at him, a different kind of striker who can run in behind if we need to change the game
Enner Valencia on 06:52 - Aug 31 with 2222 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Enner Valencia on 06:33 - Aug 31 by exiledinenglandjack

We'll surely that's part of the reason we're looking at him, a different kind of striker who can run in behind if we need to change the game

If he could out two or three decent crosses in a game I'd be happy. We desperately need someone. As well as an AM .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Enner Valencia on 07:14 - Aug 31 with 2169 viewsThornburyswan

Enner Valencia on 23:00 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Has Huw told Curt yet?

Maybe he's sent Curt off to find the kettle
Enner Valencia on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 2084 viewsmax936

Enner Valencia on 23:32 - Aug 30 by max936

Nasri has gone abroad somewhere for a medical, notsure where but it was on SSN's a bit earlier.

Sami Nasri to Sevilla

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Enner Valencia on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 2079 viewsHeadmaster

Right now, I'd take Valencia over nobody, but it's all very disappointing if he's the best we can do.
Enner Valencia on 08:49 - Aug 31 with 1906 viewsSwansea93

Don't Montero play for the same country as Valencia?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Enner Valencia on 08:57 - Aug 31 with 1851 viewsraynor94

Ecuador

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Enner Valencia on 08:57 - Aug 31 with 1851 viewsAnotherJohn

Some of the media stories say that us taking Valencia will free up the cash for West Ham to bring in Bony. Funny old world. If we really are going for a striker rather than a creative midfielder I'd bite the bullet and try to re-sign Bony (if possible on loan). He might not be able to play wide, but he could score the goals to keep us up. 'What about Llorente?' people may ask. Well, to me it looks as though we've made a mistake and will only use him once in a while as back up.
Enner Valencia on 09:10 - Aug 31 with 1788 viewsDafyddHuw

Who's Dafydd Pritchard?

And can he cross a ball?
Enner Valencia on 09:11 - Aug 31 with 1778 viewsLandore_Jack

Valencia or Ulloa? We are being linked with both.

#backtojack

Enner Valencia on 09:23 - Aug 31 with 1703 viewsHeadmaster

For what it's worth, Bony's at Stoke's training ground according to SSN.
Enner Valencia on 09:23 - Aug 31 with 1566 viewsJango

Enner Valencia on 08:57 - Aug 31 by AnotherJohn

Some of the media stories say that us taking Valencia will free up the cash for West Ham to bring in Bony. Funny old world. If we really are going for a striker rather than a creative midfielder I'd bite the bullet and try to re-sign Bony (if possible on loan). He might not be able to play wide, but he could score the goals to keep us up. 'What about Llorente?' people may ask. Well, to me it looks as though we've made a mistake and will only use him once in a while as back up.

Why bony when we have Baston. We need to improve our service from wide areas desperately.
Enner Valencia on 09:25 - Aug 31 with 1555 viewsLandore_Jack

09:23 BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Swansea are considering a loan deal for West Ham striker Enner Valencia.

Valencia is out of favour at Upton Park and the Hammers are keen to send him out on loan.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 9:26]

#backtojack

Enner Valencia on 09:31 - Aug 31 with 1517 viewsJango

Enner Valencia on 09:25 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

09:23 BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Swansea are considering a loan deal for West Ham striker Enner Valencia.

Valencia is out of favour at Upton Park and the Hammers are keen to send him out on loan.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 9:26]

Some people may not be overly enthused by this but as a loan id take that now. He's such an upgrade on Routledge!
Enner Valencia on 09:32 - Aug 31 with 1508 viewsPrivate_Partz

Enner Valencia on 09:11 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

Valencia or Ulloa? We are being linked with both.

Trying hard to find a bit of positivity. Valencia does not seem that mercenary having only had 3 clubs. His scoring rate is quite good and is lack of team time could be down to him not suiting the old style of West Ham hoof style which they are now trying to steer away from.
Ulloa on the other hand is another striker in the Llorente mode and is 30 years old. If he comes in then I reckon that signifies out and out panic by Huw. Penny cautious and dithering of the highest level. Very similar to the pathetic efforts to sign a manager after sacking Monk. Thank heavens FG took us on when Huw was incapable of finding anyone.
I think dithering will win the day though and we will not sign anyone.
If this is the case I hope we don't 'vote with our feet' as suggested by some and support FG and the team to the hilt. They are not responsible for the ineptitude of our recruiting system and they are all we have to stay in this league. Let's hope we can ride the storm so that changes can be made in our scouting and recruiting systems this season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Enner Valencia on 09:37 - Aug 31 with 1466 viewsSmellyplumz

Enner Valencia on 09:32 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Trying hard to find a bit of positivity. Valencia does not seem that mercenary having only had 3 clubs. His scoring rate is quite good and is lack of team time could be down to him not suiting the old style of West Ham hoof style which they are now trying to steer away from.
Ulloa on the other hand is another striker in the Llorente mode and is 30 years old. If he comes in then I reckon that signifies out and out panic by Huw. Penny cautious and dithering of the highest level. Very similar to the pathetic efforts to sign a manager after sacking Monk. Thank heavens FG took us on when Huw was incapable of finding anyone.
I think dithering will win the day though and we will not sign anyone.
If this is the case I hope we don't 'vote with our feet' as suggested by some and support FG and the team to the hilt. They are not responsible for the ineptitude of our recruiting system and they are all we have to stay in this league. Let's hope we can ride the storm so that changes can be made in our scouting and recruiting systems this season.

Fair points but I fear by not voting with our feet nothing will change in regards to Huw and his recruitment policies, why would it with the fans supporting it. Not a dig at you but a quenuine concern.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Enner Valencia on 09:47 - Aug 31 with 1406 viewsPrivate_Partz

Enner Valencia on 09:37 - Aug 31 by Smellyplumz

Fair points but I fear by not voting with our feet nothing will change in regards to Huw and his recruitment policies, why would it with the fans supporting it. Not a dig at you but a quenuine concern.

Indeed. I am not against a few 'Jenkins Out ' chants. I will be leading them ;-). I just hope we don't turn on the manager and team as the only way is down if we do that.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Enner Valencia on 09:49 - Aug 31 with 1385 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Loan deal according to Sky.

£12M bid according to the Daily Mail.

Let's hope Sky have better sources.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Enner Valencia on 09:56 - Aug 31 with 1341 viewsAngelRangelQS

Enner Valencia on 09:49 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

Let's hope both are completely wrong
Enner Valencia on 09:56 - Aug 31 with 1341 viewsZut_Alors

Really hope this one comes off. I think he's exactly the type of wide player we need, better suited to the wing than Ayew, but can still chip in with the odd goal.
Enner Valencia on 09:58 - Aug 31 with 1331 viewsPrivate_Partz

Enner Valencia on 09:49 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

If WHU are looking to buy Wilf then it is likely the DM is correct. More like we want a loan and WHU want an outright purchase so the deal will fall through.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024