Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enner Valencia 21:04 - Aug 30 with 22209 viewsHeadmaster

It's going to be Valencia, isn't it? That's the striker we seem to be in for. God knows why, but there we are.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 21:15]
Enner Valencia on 09:59 - Aug 31 with 2436 viewsperchrockjack

Better than Routledge is right

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Enner Valencia on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 2403 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Enner Valencia on 09:56 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Let's hope both are completely wrong

I'd prefer a loan deal for Valencia to sweet FA today.

I suspect those are the only options for us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Enner Valencia on 10:08 - Aug 31 with 2359 viewsjohnlangy

Enner Valencia on 09:47 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Indeed. I am not against a few 'Jenkins Out ' chants. I will be leading them ;-). I just hope we don't turn on the manager and team as the only way is down if we do that.

Totally correct. If anyone wants to have a go at HJ then do that while still supporting the manager and team.
Enner Valencia on 10:14 - Aug 31 with 2322 viewsLegend83

I don't get the negativity over this move. Valencia can play wide and up front and by all accounts is a good technical player.

On one side we have Routledge who has gone from world-beater in pre-season to The Nag's Head 2nd XI in the blink of an eye, and on the other we have Barrow who has shown promise but is still not delivering IMO.

I think another option at wing (that is not Nathan Dyer) was on the wish-list?
Enner Valencia on 10:18 - Aug 31 with 2284 viewscostalotta

Enner Valencia on 10:08 - Aug 31 by johnlangy

Totally correct. If anyone wants to have a go at HJ then do that while still supporting the manager and team.

Agreed.

The team is the priority and must be supported 100%.

The frustrations are aimed at those running the club.
Enner Valencia on 10:19 - Aug 31 with 2277 viewsPrivate_Partz

Enner Valencia on 10:14 - Aug 31 by Legend83

I don't get the negativity over this move. Valencia can play wide and up front and by all accounts is a good technical player.

On one side we have Routledge who has gone from world-beater in pre-season to The Nag's Head 2nd XI in the blink of an eye, and on the other we have Barrow who has shown promise but is still not delivering IMO.

I think the views on the player are generally positive. The negativity surrounds our ability to sign him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Enner Valencia on 10:22 - Aug 31 with 2256 viewsThornburyswan

Enner Valencia on 10:14 - Aug 31 by Legend83

Broadly agree with you, I think the frustration/malaise is more around the overall window - after the biggest ever Sky TV deal & American 'investment' we are going to finish the window in profit from in/outs - suspect we'll be in a very small minority in that camp.
Enner Valencia on 10:25 - Aug 31 with 2224 viewsLegend83

Enner Valencia on 10:22 - Aug 31 by Thornburyswan

Broadly agree with you, I think the frustration/malaise is more around the overall window - after the biggest ever Sky TV deal & American 'investment' we are going to finish the window in profit from in/outs - suspect we'll be in a very small minority in that camp.

Yes I can understand that.

As with everyone else I would have been much happier if we had ended up in profit from ins/outs if I felt our ins strengthened areas that were required.

Personally think we are a short a full-back, terrier-like MF and another wide-player.
Login to get fewer ads

Enner Valencia on 10:29 - Aug 31 with 2190 viewsperchrockjack

at last some good points.

Routledge is dogshyte and has been a passenger for some time.

Valencia would be far more dynamic.

Why are we simply at a loan.

The doom and gloomers over this take over were right or so it seems.

Guidolin. iS HE REALLY ONE TO INSPIRE

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Enner Valencia on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 2176 viewsAngelRangelQS

Enner Valencia on 10:03 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

I'd prefer a loan deal for Valencia to sweet FA today.

I suspect those are the only options for us.

So would I

This has been one of the worst transfer windows for us ever IMO
Enner Valencia on 10:31 - Aug 31 with 2159 viewsmonmouth

Enner Valencia on 10:25 - Aug 31 by Legend83

Yes I can understand that.

As with everyone else I would have been much happier if we had ended up in profit from ins/outs if I felt our ins strengthened areas that were required.

Personally think we are a short a full-back, terrier-like MF and another wide-player.

Leadership, pace in the middle and desire is what we've looked short of to me. Valencia won't be giving us any of those, so I think it would solve not a lot.

Edit...but I agree he's probably better than nothing. But why on earth give Nathan Dyer that contract if we bring in a fifth winger?? Bizarre.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 10:40]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Enner Valencia on 10:35 - Aug 31 with 2128 viewsnierika

He and Montero worked well together at Copa America this year

Enner Valencia on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 2032 viewsdobjack2

Enner Valencia on 10:31 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Leadership, pace in the middle and desire is what we've looked short of to me. Valencia won't be giving us any of those, so I think it would solve not a lot.

Edit...but I agree he's probably better than nothing. But why on earth give Nathan Dyer that contract if we bring in a fifth winger?? Bizarre.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 10:40]

Nathan - in case we didn't get anyone and he wanted offski
Enner Valencia on 10:56 - Aug 31 with 2000 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Enner Valencia on 21:30 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

I don't think Valencia would be a bad deal for us.

Can play out wide or up front and seems fairly flexible.

I'd certainly feela bit more confident with Valencia in our team than Dyer.

I'd agree with this.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Enner Valencia on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 1834 viewsmax936

It's on SSN's that we've gone in for him, l suppose it's up to the player and West Ham to agree the deal now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Enner Valencia on 11:43 - Aug 31 with 1778 viewsmonmouth

Another extract today

"The word at Swansea is that Saturday’s chastening defeat at Leicester — anyone that was at the King Power Stadium will know that it was a 2-1 hammering — prompted genuine concern within the club about the strength of the squad. Hence the move for Enner Valencia, who is in talks with Swansea about a season-long loan from WHU. Whether Valencia is the answer, is another matter. Over to you for the verdict on that one, Mr Steinberg. Leo Ulloa was on Swansea’s list of targets earlier in the summer but I was told yesterday that he’s not being considered now. Understand Ulloa’s representatives held talks with Leicester about his future first thing this morning. Seems certain to go and has options in the Premier League (Sunderland) and in Spain.

To answer your question, Stu, Enner Valencia had a promising start at West Ham, scoring that stunner at Hull and linking up well with Diafra Sakho. But he looked lost whenever he played without the more muscular Sakho and suffered a bad knee injury last summer. He’s not recovered his confidence since then and has struggled in a wide role under Slaven Bilic. He’s not scored since January and lacks nous on the ball. He often looks clumsy and has only scored 10 goals in all competitions since his move in 2014. The strange thing, though, is that he’s prolific for Ecuador. Maybe it’s all about confidence."

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Enner Valencia on 11:57 - Aug 31 with 1706 viewsjojaca

Enner Valencia on 11:43 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Another extract today

"The word at Swansea is that Saturday’s chastening defeat at Leicester — anyone that was at the King Power Stadium will know that it was a 2-1 hammering — prompted genuine concern within the club about the strength of the squad. Hence the move for Enner Valencia, who is in talks with Swansea about a season-long loan from WHU. Whether Valencia is the answer, is another matter. Over to you for the verdict on that one, Mr Steinberg. Leo Ulloa was on Swansea’s list of targets earlier in the summer but I was told yesterday that he’s not being considered now. Understand Ulloa’s representatives held talks with Leicester about his future first thing this morning. Seems certain to go and has options in the Premier League (Sunderland) and in Spain.

To answer your question, Stu, Enner Valencia had a promising start at West Ham, scoring that stunner at Hull and linking up well with Diafra Sakho. But he looked lost whenever he played without the more muscular Sakho and suffered a bad knee injury last summer. He’s not recovered his confidence since then and has struggled in a wide role under Slaven Bilic. He’s not scored since January and lacks nous on the ball. He often looks clumsy and has only scored 10 goals in all competitions since his move in 2014. The strange thing, though, is that he’s prolific for Ecuador. Maybe it’s all about confidence."

He is good player, definite upgrade on what got at the minute. We badly need this type of player to play off the main striker. He's pacey and direct down the middle or out wide. Just hoping we get another surprise signing with him.

Even when you know, you never know?

Enner Valencia on 12:32 - Aug 31 with 1575 viewsPrivate_Partz

Enner Valencia on 11:34 - Aug 31 by max936

It's on SSN's that we've gone in for him, l suppose it's up to the player and West Ham to agree the deal now.

There lieth the problem. What is our idea of a deal?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Enner Valencia on 12:38 - Aug 31 with 1515 viewsunion_jack

Enner Valencia on 11:34 - Aug 31 by max936

How apt us that banner on SSN??

Swansea are considering.........!!!

I can see Huw sitting down at his desk, phone off, chin in hands:

'Shall we or shan't we? I really don't know. Mmmmmmm, it's a tough one. On the one hand.... No, I don't know. I'll have another coffee and see how I feel then'

All the time, that clock is ticking.

What's it come to at this club?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Enner Valencia on 12:41 - Aug 31 with 1476 viewsLegend83

Enner Valencia on 12:38 - Aug 31 by union_jack

How apt us that banner on SSN??

Swansea are considering.........!!!

I can see Huw sitting down at his desk, phone off, chin in hands:

'Shall we or shan't we? I really don't know. Mmmmmmm, it's a tough one. On the one hand.... No, I don't know. I'll have another coffee and see how I feel then'

All the time, that clock is ticking.

What's it come to at this club?

Will it be a stipulation of the deal that he has to grow dreads?
Enner Valencia on 12:45 - Aug 31 with 1423 viewsunion_jack

Enner Valencia on 12:41 - Aug 31 by Legend83

Will it be a stipulation of the deal that he has to grow dreads?

That's obviously something Huw will be putting some thought to.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Enner Valencia on 12:49 - Aug 31 with 1370 viewsmarchamjack

To think that in this transfer window that we could genuinely have got Joey and Bony, 2 proven PL players that would have beyond reasonable argument have been an upgrade on what we had, compared to bringing in who we have (who may yet be great) and now likely Valencia...I have to say I'm disappointed to say the least.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Enner Valencia on 12:53 - Aug 31 with 1338 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Enner Valencia on 12:49 - Aug 31 by marchamjack

To think that in this transfer window that we could genuinely have got Joey and Bony, 2 proven PL players that would have beyond reasonable argument have been an upgrade on what we had, compared to bringing in who we have (who may yet be great) and now likely Valencia...I have to say I'm disappointed to say the least.

Ayew sold for £20m.

Williams sold for £10m.

Sign Joe for £15m.

Sign Bony for £15m.

Any sane fan can see the logic. Both Williams and Ayew would have been pushing £80,000+ a week anyway. I'm sure Man City would subsidise the extra ~10-20k Bony would require and we could afford Joe if Stoke can too.

Complete inept from the man in charge of recruitment and the sooner he is gone the better.
Enner Valencia on 12:58 - Aug 31 with 1277 viewsLegend83

Do we know Bony wanted to join us?

Some of you seem to forget the part of the equation where players don't want to come to Swansea City regardless of whether we can afford them or not.
Enner Valencia on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 1180 viewsLeonisGod

Enner Valencia on 12:49 - Aug 31 by marchamjack

Absolutely we should be able to compete with Stoke. We've finished above them more often than not since we reached the PL. Annoying assuming there was ever any genuine interest from us for either of those players (although I suspect Fer and Baston deals put an end to any interest we had in Joey/Bony). Fer has delivered with goals and Baston may yet, so things may work out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024