Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enner Valencia 21:04 - Aug 30 with 22301 viewsHeadmaster

It's going to be Valencia, isn't it? That's the striker we seem to be in for. God knows why, but there we are.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 21:15]
Enner Valencia on 22:29 - Aug 31 with 1871 viewsSwansNZ

Enner Valencia on 21:47 - Aug 31 by Morganator100

can't believe we are upset at not getting Valencia.

Read the West Ham forums, fans can't believe that 2 clubs were fighting over him.

Every Loser Wins is one saying about Swansea on this one.

Besic

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Enner Valencia on 22:32 - Aug 31 with 1834 viewscostalotta

Enner Valencia on 22:23 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

What's worse is people are getting upset that we won't be able to spunk £14.5 million on him down the line. We haven't go room for him anyway (unless we have a run of injuries).

Exactly. But perhaps not in the way you intended it.

There are glaringly obvious weaknesses in the squad including creativity. Why on earth were we pursing him when we should have been addressing these needs. He wasn't what we needed. Therefore the apparent attempts at this stage of the window over the last 2 days stinks of lack of direction and planing.
Enner Valencia on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 1795 viewsmax936

Enner Valencia on 22:23 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

What's worse is people are getting upset that we won't be able to spunk £14.5 million on him down the line. We haven't go room for him anyway (unless we have a run of injuries).

Well I'm far from upset 14.5 mill is way overpriced in my humble opinion, the point of the matter is that we all knew we needed a creative midfielder or a winger who could create and score and apparently there were a few players supposedly on our radar yet nobody has come in, while Valencia is far from ideal he would have been an option whereas now we have very little in the way of options.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Enner Valencia on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 1764 viewsLeonisGod

Enner Valencia on 22:35 - Aug 31 by max936

Well I'm far from upset 14.5 mill is way overpriced in my humble opinion, the point of the matter is that we all knew we needed a creative midfielder or a winger who could create and score and apparently there were a few players supposedly on our radar yet nobody has come in, while Valencia is far from ideal he would have been an option whereas now we have very little in the way of options.

Let's hope we keep clear of injuries...
Enner Valencia on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 1758 viewsmajorraglan

Enner Valencia on 22:32 - Aug 31 by costalotta

There are glaringly obvious weaknesses in the squad including creativity. Why on earth were we pursing him when we should have been addressing these needs. He wasn't what we needed. Therefore the apparent attempts at this stage of the window over the last 2 days stinks of lack of direction and planing.

Good call.
Enner Valencia on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 1753 viewsmax936

It can't be a lack of direction or planning mun, we watch/scout players for up to 2 yrs mun.

Enner Valencia on 22:39 - Aug 31 with 1697 viewsjacktar

Maybe some mind games from Hubert and the money men of Everton seem to have fallen for it. No great loss IMO.

But wtf do I know, he'll probably end up here now, having said that.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Enner Valencia on 22:42 - Aug 31 with 1666 viewsmonmouth

Enner Valencia on 22:37 - Aug 31 by max936

It can't be a lack of direction or planning mun, we watch/scout players for up to 2 yrs mun.

Maybe nobody thought that the 2 year cycles should overlap. We'll be ready to move by this time next year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Enner Valencia on 22:55 - Aug 31 with 1597 viewsmax936

Enner Valencia on 22:37 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

Let's hope we keep clear of injuries...

Maybe we'll see one or two gems come through from the U23's.

Enner Valencia on 23:00 - Aug 31 with 1556 viewsowainglyndwr

Enner Valencia on 22:55 - Aug 31 by max936

Maybe we'll see one or two gems come through from the U23's.

We are P@cked this year after the next few coming matches if we get no points, I cannot see a way back and relegation
Enner Valencia on 23:03 - Aug 31 with 1523 viewsraynor94

Enner Valencia on 23:00 - Aug 31 by owainglyndwr

We are P@cked this year after the next few coming matches if we get no points, I cannot see a way back and relegation

Don't you just love a bit of positivity, wibble!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Enner Valencia on 23:08 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsmax936

Enner Valencia on 23:00 - Aug 31 by owainglyndwr

I dunno Jarv, but its been a disappointing transfer window, same midfield as last year the same midfield that got overrun in so many games and a lack of creativity from the wings, we've kept hold of Glyfi which is remarkable all things considered, this young lad from Barnsley hopefully will be a goodun and Baston when he's fit could be a real hit, providing that we can get the right service to him and that's the biggest question.

I think we'll be ok just.

Enner Valencia on 23:27 - Aug 31 with 1376 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Enner Valencia on 23:03 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Don't you just love a bit of positivity, wibble!

Well to be absolutely fair, and taking in the business our competitors have done there isn't that much to be positive about mate.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Enner Valencia on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsraynor94

Enner Valencia on 23:27 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Well to be absolutely fair, and taking in the business our competitors have done there isn't that much to be positive about mate.

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed, but three games, and we haven't seen Baston yet, is a bit early to throw the towel in surely

Enner Valencia on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 1306 viewsAngelRangelQS

Enner Valencia on 23:34 - Aug 31 by raynor94

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed, but three games, and we haven't seen Baston yet, is a bit early to throw the towel in surely

But Baston is just one player. We needed 2-3 more at least.

We are now basically relying on him, a young player with no PL experience to basically score 15 goals to keep us up. Madness.
Enner Valencia on 23:44 - Aug 31 with 1276 viewsraynor94

Enner Valencia on 23:37 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

But Baston is just one player. We needed 2-3 more at least.

We are now basically relying on him, a young player with no PL experience to basically score 15 goals to keep us up. Madness.

Give Llorente a chance, it's early days

Enner Valencia on 23:49 - Aug 31 with 1263 viewslondonlisa2001

Enner Valencia on 23:34 - Aug 31 by raynor94

We have tried and failed to sign players for two key positions.

We have made a huge profit on the window.

If we are lucky enough to stay up because other teams are even worse, so be it. But it doesn't much matter in the longer term. We have revealed that we have absolutely no ambition to take the club forward.

If we are just going to hope that every year there are three clubs who are worse, then what exactly is the point?

We've become AN Other struggling premier League nonentity. It's incredibly difficult to really be bothered at the thought that we could scrape together 38 points while lining the pockets of a bunch of businessmen with no attachment supported by the Morgans and Brian Katzen.

I have never believed that we should spend what we dont have, but making a huge profit is unforgivable. Even when we were utter rubbish there was always hope that one day we wouldn't be. If this is as good as it's going to get, I can't really be bothered.
Enner Valencia on 00:04 - Sep 1 with 1198 viewsmonmouth

Enner Valencia on 23:49 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

We have tried and failed to sign players for two key positions.

We have made a huge profit on the window.

If we are lucky enough to stay up because other teams are even worse, so be it. But it doesn't much matter in the longer term. We have revealed that we have absolutely no ambition to take the club forward.

If we are just going to hope that every year there are three clubs who are worse, then what exactly is the point?

We've become AN Other struggling premier League nonentity. It's incredibly difficult to really be bothered at the thought that we could scrape together 38 points while lining the pockets of a bunch of businessmen with no attachment supported by the Morgans and Brian Katzen.

I have never believed that we should spend what we dont have, but making a huge profit is unforgivable. Even when we were utter rubbish there was always hope that one day we wouldn't be. If this is as good as it's going to get, I can't really be bothered.

What if we were to buy and extend the stadium with the surplus Lis?

I feel pretty much like you and have since the takeover/trust exclusion/sell out. Actually probably since Yanks 1. But now they're in, got to at least give them a year at least. They will have been relying heavily on Jenkins judgement this time around.

Not sure I believe it myself though. We are as you say, just another nonentity struggler scrabbling to survive with the sole purpose of servicing some venture capitalists. It just feels so different, even though I suppose the sellouts have proved that since 2011, or certainly since our cup win, that's what we probably were anyway, without realising it.

That's what you get for believing in a dream I suppose. Kicked in the nuts. F**k I'm depressing myself, can someone bring something more optimistic to the party?

Enner Valencia on 00:11 - Sep 1 with 1177 viewsAngelRangelQS

Enner Valencia on 23:44 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Give Llorente a chance, it's early days

Llorente can have a good season too but we still are weak in other areas of the pitch. CB, Full Back, central midfield and on the wing. Nathan Dyer is still getting into our match day squad FFS.

Three years ago, I'd have been fully behind the board - they know what they're doing, trust them... But I just don't feel like that after the last few years.

Our squad, on the whole, is very underwhelming
Enner Valencia on 00:13 - Sep 1 with 1171 viewslondonlisa2001

Enner Valencia on 00:04 - Sep 1 by monmouth

What if we were to buy and extend the stadium with the surplus Lis?

I feel pretty much like you and have since the takeover/trust exclusion/sell out. Actually probably since Yanks 1. But now they're in, got to at least give them a year at least. They will have been relying heavily on Jenkins judgement this time around.

Not sure I believe it myself though. We are as you say, just another nonentity struggler scrabbling to survive with the sole purpose of servicing some venture capitalists. It just feels so different, even though I suppose the sellouts have proved that since 2011, or certainly since our cup win, that's what we probably were anyway, without realising it.

That's what you get for believing in a dream I suppose. Kicked in the nuts. F**k I'm depressing myself, can someone bring something more optimistic to the party?

I don't think we should buy the stadium.

In fact, now that we are owned by this lot I hope the council refuse to sell it to them.

Have never seen the point. It's perfectly possible to thrash out a deal on revenue from the extension and naming rights (although I believe that naming rights are vastly over estimated outside the really top clubs or stadia that have other reasons for investment, eg. The Olympic Stadium).

Expansion may be moot of course.
Enner Valencia on 00:18 - Sep 1 with 1151 viewsAngelRangelQS

Enner Valencia on 00:13 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

I don't think we should buy the stadium.

In fact, now that we are owned by this lot I hope the council refuse to sell it to them.

Have never seen the point. It's perfectly possible to thrash out a deal on revenue from the extension and naming rights (although I believe that naming rights are vastly over estimated outside the really top clubs or stadia that have other reasons for investment, eg. The Olympic Stadium).

Expansion may be moot of course.

We are struggling to fill it as it stands.

People aren't going to be flocking here to watch the likes of Nathan Dyer trying to fire us to 17th place every season whilst selling our best players and not replacing them.

I'd honestly rather be in the championship or league one trying to get promotion than being a money making tool for an American consortium
Enner Valencia on 00:26 - Sep 1 with 1135 viewsmonmouth

Lol. Well that's all depressed me further. Graziarse both! I'm going to have to hit the cooking sherry.

Enner Valencia on 08:03 - Sep 1 with 914 viewscostalotta

Enner Valencia on 00:18 - Sep 1 by AngelRangelQS

We are struggling to fill it as it stands.

People aren't going to be flocking here to watch the likes of Nathan Dyer trying to fire us to 17th place every season whilst selling our best players and not replacing them.

I'd honestly rather be in the championship or league one trying to get promotion than being a money making tool for an American consortium

Chances are you'll get t least some of what you wish for... Will it be league 1/championship or will it divies and the like being taken from the club with little spending on the squad of players needed to sustain EPL football.

Sustainability!!
Enner Valencia on 08:08 - Sep 1 with 903 viewsmarchamjack

7 pager on a player none of us really wanted!

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Enner Valencia on 12:06 - Sep 1 with 809 viewsbonymine

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/factfile-enner-valencia-3284212.

Llorente
Baston
Valencia

Our fate is in your hands ......no pressure boys !!

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪
*** WTF happened there ?? Official Club website just posted 'Enner Valencia Factfile' after 'signing him on a season long loan from West Ham' and now it has disappeared within a couple of minutes ??? 😳😳😳
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 12:22]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024