Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 23:32 - Aug 30 with 5062 viewsSmellyplumz

Huw Jenkins

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw Jenkins on 23:49 - Aug 30 with 3306 viewsmorningstar

What about Fvck you?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Huw Jenkins on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 3243 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins on 23:49 - Aug 30 by morningstar

What about Fvck you?

Or you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins on 00:12 - Aug 31 with 3202 viewsmorningstar

Huw Jenkins on 23:58 - Aug 30 by Darran

Or you?

And you!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Huw Jenkins on 00:23 - Aug 31 with 3154 viewsSmellyplumz

Besic

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Huw Jenkins on 00:29 - Aug 31 with 3128 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins on 00:23 - Aug 31 by Smellyplumz

Besic

Brilliant.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins on 00:32 - Aug 31 with 3120 viewsnyc_swans

so without taking a stance, genuinely curious what's the alternative to Huw? let the americans pick the team? Get rid of Huw and let Guido do everything?

not sure i understand what people want to happen
Huw Jenkins on 00:37 - Aug 31 with 3103 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stay as tea boy???

You can't make Curt redundant!

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Huw Jenkins on 00:37 - Aug 31 with 3102 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins on 00:32 - Aug 31 by nyc_swans

so without taking a stance, genuinely curious what's the alternative to Huw? let the americans pick the team? Get rid of Huw and let Guido do everything?

Basically, a manager who's allowed to manage and/or a "director of football" who isn't a f*cking megalomaniac.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 02:23 - Aug 31 with 2981 viewsSmellyplumz

Huw Jenkins on 00:37 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Basically, a manager who's allowed to manage and/or a "director of football" who isn't a f*cking megalomaniac.

This all day long

Huw Jenkins on 08:43 - Aug 31 with 2669 viewsDracan66

Looks like more loan deals according to HJ !!! If that doesn't smell of desperation what does. It's time for the secret service that run our clubs transfer policy to move on because I for one am fed up of hearing the smoke and mirrors stuff regarding buying in players especially as it seems other clubs are more direct in getting the players they want.

"We've been watching a player for two years" what's all that about !!! If they are that good either buy them out of their contract or find someone else before we end up in the frickin championship!
Huw Jenkins on 08:46 - Aug 31 with 2645 viewsLandore_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 08:43 - Aug 31 by Dracan66

Looks like more loan deals according to HJ !!! If that doesn't smell of desperation what does. It's time for the secret service that run our clubs transfer policy to move on because I for one am fed up of hearing the smoke and mirrors stuff regarding buying in players especially as it seems other clubs are more direct in getting the players they want.

"We've been watching a player for two years" what's all that about !!! If they are that good either buy them out of their contract or find someone else before we end up in the frickin championship!

HJ has only now woken up.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 8:47]

#backtojack

Huw Jenkins on 09:10 - Aug 31 with 2534 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins on 08:46 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

HJ has only now woken up.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 8:47]

No rush, mun.
Huw Jenkins on 09:24 - Aug 31 with 2470 viewsDafyddHuw

Huw Jenkins on 00:37 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

I thought the plan was that managers may come and go, but the board (i.e. HJ now) gets in the players for continuity.
The reasons for this were -
(1) new managers fit into the "Swansea style of play" with the players already playing the "Swansea style of play"
(2) new managers wouldn't do a wholesale revamp of the squad, getting rid of players who didn't suit and getting in their favourites.

Trouble is we no longer have a "Swansea style of play" - we're exactly like any other bottom half team. And also HJ has lost his mojo - far too many journeyman instead of quality - Leroy Fer ffs. And a 4 year extension for Dyer - where's the sense?

Problem is, how do we get our distinctive style back and how do we make a much better fist at receuitment?
Seems like the yanks are running the club remotely, leaving everything up to Huw. To be fair, up until a couple of years ago he's done great. By the time they wake up and smell the coffee, it may well be too late to rescue us.
Huw Jenkins on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 2403 viewsPrivate_Partz

Huw Jenkins on 00:32 - Aug 31 by nyc_swans

Personally I want an overhaul of the recruiting and scouting system. With Huw well away from it. Take your point though that we have no one who obviously could oversee this. Curt maybe as he was a fan of ML and that system. If this responsibility rested with the Yanks then I hope they have learned fast and take note of those at the club in the know.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Jenkins on 10:23 - Aug 31 with 2362 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins on 09:24 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

I thought the plan was that managers may come and go, but the board (i.e. HJ now) gets in the players for continuity.
(1) new managers fit into the "Swansea style of play" with the players already playing the "Swansea style of play"
(2) new managers wouldn't do a wholesale revamp of the squad, getting rid of players who didn't suit and getting in their favourites.

Trouble is we no longer have a "Swansea style of play" - we're exactly like any other bottom half team. And also HJ has lost his mojo - far too many journeyman instead of quality - Leroy Fer ffs. And a 4 year extension for Dyer - where's the sense?

Problem is, how do we get our distinctive style back and how do we make a much better fist at receuitment?
Seems like the yanks are running the club remotely, leaving everything up to Huw. To be fair, up until a couple of years ago he's done great. By the time they wake up and smell the coffee, it may well be too late to rescue us.

There needs to be a balance between managers asking for players/scouts finding them and the board approving and signing the cheques.

We're a million miles away from that and it will be the death of us. Thanks for getting us into the PL Huw but you've been out of your depth for quite some time now.

Hand over the reins before it's too late and see a shrink about your Messiah complex while you're at it.
Huw Jenkins on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 2336 viewsPrivate_Partz

Huw Jenkins on 09:24 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

Excellent post. Agree with nearly all if it. The only thing I would say is Leroy and / or Dyer may surprise a few with FG working in them. They have shown some promise after all.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 12:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Jenkins on 10:35 - Aug 31 with 2318 viewsperchrockjack

Phil.

I have /had no problem with club being taken over. None at all, none even at our losing our close knit family club bo9llocks thing.

Problem is to whom it was sold.

My fear was/is Jenkins walking away leaving a vaccum.

Have to say also that people are taking note of our situation so at least we ll get more mention on tlakshyte

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins on 11:07 - Aug 31 with 2242 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins on 10:35 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

Phil.

I have /had no problem with club being taken over. None at all, none even at our losing our close knit family club bo9llocks thing.

Problem is to whom it was sold.

My fear was/is Jenkins walking away leaving a vaccum.

Have to say also that people are taking note of our situation so at least we ll get more mention on tlakshyte

Needn't be a vacuum, Rich - we can afford to pay for a DoF and decent scouts.

Our doubts about the Yanks' plans for the club look like being confirmed. See Skippy's excellent post on another thread...

Investment my arse.
Huw Jenkins on 11:20 - Aug 31 with 2184 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw Jenkins on 10:30 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Excellent post. Agree with nearly all if it. The only thing I would say is Leroy and / or Dyer may surprise a few with FG working in them. They have shown some promise after all.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 12:47]

Dyer? When has he shown any promise since August 2014?
Huw Jenkins on 11:21 - Aug 31 with 2179 viewscostalotta

Huw Jenkins on 11:07 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Our doubts about the Yanks' plans for the club look like being confirmed. See Skippy's excellent post on another thread...

Investment my arse.

Careful, the happy clappers (ostrich's) will be out for you!
Huw Jenkins on 11:28 - Aug 31 with 2159 viewsskippyjack

Huw Jenkins on 11:07 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Investment my arse.

even if they are penny pinching.. at least give Fransesco some hope..

Huw has given him a Phillips screwdriver to undo a flat head screw..

VDH
Mawson

I'd like an explanation..

Dyer 4 years!
Rangel extended
Britton
Tremmel
Emnes
Tabanou

They're penny pinching.. yet pay these guys a sentimental retirement kitty..

In today's real world.. they'd be out the door quicker than flash gordon

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Huw Jenkins on 12:00 - Aug 31 with 2109 viewsnierika

When you think about Sunderland losing their manager weeks before the season and having trouble finding players that want to go there, Hull's manager quitting and barely having enough players, Watford getting a new manager every year, etc. It would take an F-up of epic proportions to not stay up this year!!!
Huw Jenkins on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 2074 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Unless we spend big there's many who won't be happy .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Huw Jenkins on 12:07 - Aug 31 with 2073 viewsQuakerJack

Huw Jenkins on 11:28 - Aug 31 by skippyjack

even if they are penny pinching.. at least give Fransesco some hope..

Huw has given him a Phillips screwdriver to undo a flat head screw..

VDH
Mawson

I'd like an explanation..

Dyer 4 years!
Rangel extended
Britton
Tremmel
Emnes
Tabanou

They're penny pinching.. yet pay these guys a sentimental retirement kitty..

In today's real world.. they'd be out the door quicker than flash gordon

particularly the bottom 3... living up here I always get "you don't still have Emnes do you?" I've even started lying now and saying no to avoid getting laughed at.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Huw Jenkins on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 1982 viewsPrivate_Partz

Huw Jenkins on 11:20 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Dyer? When has he shown any promise since August 2014?

Well there were other circumstances at play at the time as well - allegedly. We now have a manager who is showing signs of, and has a reputation for, improving and getting the best out of players.
Don't get me wrong. I am looking for positives here, it does not look good but you never say never in football. Anything is possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024