Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 09:23 - Aug 31 with 29265 viewsjasonbromham

Post all things here in relation to Swansea. New signings, ex players etc.

I'll start Bony is off to Stoke :(
Transfer Deadline Day on 17:16 - Aug 31 with 3115 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Deadline Day on 15:53 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

So when didi we play this free-flowing football that you talk about under Guidolin then?

Just to check - you didn't understand that when I said 'I'm looking forward to a few months of watching our free flowing football' I was being sarcastic?
Transfer Deadline Day on 17:21 - Aug 31 with 3055 viewsDafyddHuw

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:16 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Just to check - you didn't understand that when I said 'I'm looking forward to a few months of watching our free flowing football' I was being sarcastic?

Sorry, my bad.
Transfer Deadline Day on 17:22 - Aug 31 with 3049 viewsmagicdaps10

Give you an idea of our Ambition.

Burnley have not sold anyone and have signed Defour(8M) Gudmondsen (2M) Hendrick (10.5M)

Plus they are chasing hard for Grosicki (6.5M)

That could be a total of £27M without them selling.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:25 - Aug 31 with 3003 viewslondonlisa2001

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:21 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

Sorry, my bad.

I've seen more free flowing blocked drains :-)
N/A. on 17:34 - Aug 31 with 2947 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:23]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:35 - Aug 31 with 2935 viewsBorojack

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:22 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

Give you an idea of our Ambition.

Burnley have not sold anyone and have signed Defour(8M) Gudmondsen (2M) Hendrick (10.5M)

Plus they are chasing hard for Grosicki (6.5M)

That could be a total of £27M without them selling.

Yes whilst we have sold

Ayew 20.5
Williams 12
Palochi 6
Eder 3.5
Plus lots of loans out

In we have signed

Baston 15.5
Llorente. 5
Fer. 4.5
Van Horn 2.5
Mawson 5

So we have about 10 million spare sloshing about are any other PL sides that are in the negative on spending.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:41 - Aug 31 with 2870 viewsmonmouth

N/A. on 17:34 - Aug 31 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:23]

Oh for goodness sake. They are awful.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:48 - Aug 31 with 2785 viewsCooperman

Kirsty G looks good anyway.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:49 - Aug 31 with 2764 viewsvetchonian

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:48 - Aug 31 by Cooperman

Kirsty G looks good anyway.

She is on my bucket list

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 2754 viewsSmellyplumz

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:49 - Aug 31 by vetchonian

She is on my bucket list

She gotta minge like a bucket 👍

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:57 - Aug 31 with 2687 viewsairedale

Said on my radio just now that Jack Smiler Wilshere off to Bournemouth.
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:02 - Aug 31 with 2631 viewsGlyn1

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:57 - Aug 31 by airedale

He is going down there on Wednesday for his medical - Bournemouth are the one side that are definitely smaller than us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37218234

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:02 - Aug 31 with 2622 viewsPrivate_Partz

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:57 - Aug 31 by airedale

I find it very depressing listening to all the transfers that have taken place, and are taking place, on Talksh!te and finding there is the square root of eff all happening here.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 18:05]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:05 - Aug 31 with 2583 viewsGlyn1

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:02 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

I find it very depressing listening to all the transfers that have taken place, and are taking place, on Talksh!te and finding there is the square root of eff all happening here.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 18:05]

That's because we were efficient enough to do our business early, buying the two forwards and giving Gylfi a better contract.

Any club that buys anyone this evening is panic-buying.

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:08 - Aug 31 with 2528 viewsblaine_scfc

Why is everyone so shocked we are signing no one? Curtis said Mawson would more than likely be the last.

To be honest, with the sh*t that has been bought since HJ has taken over full control of transfers after Laudrups exit, I'm actually glad we aren't chucking millions away willy nilly until he leaves.

If we get relegated, we get relegated. Last year was the big one with the new TV deal. The thought of people at the club losing their jobs is what upsets me, but you don't stay in this league without strenthening, our squads not much better than the team that got us here.
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:10 - Aug 31 with 2508 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:08 - Aug 31 by blaine_scfc

Why is everyone so shocked we are signing no one? Curtis said Mawson would more than likely be the last.

To be honest, with the sh*t that has been bought since HJ has taken over full control of transfers after Laudrups exit, I'm actually glad we aren't chucking millions away willy nilly until he leaves.

If we get relegated, we get relegated. Last year was the big one with the new TV deal. The thought of people at the club losing their jobs is what upsets me, but you don't stay in this league without strenthening, our squads not much better than the team that got us here.

Unfortunately the ones who will lose their jobs when we get relegated won't be the ones who deserve to lose them.

Can't wait for Jenkins and Dineen to be given their marching orders and asked to buy their own ST. Pricks
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 18:10]
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:53 - Aug 31 with 2129 viewsGlyn1

Regarding Wilshire, from the Guardian.

Palace and Bournemouth both wanted to sign him on loan.

"Palace had appeared to be in pole position to secure the player, who has been omitted from Sam Allardyce’s first England squad despite being in Roy Hodgson’s party for Euro 2016. Yet, with Wilshere having not completed a full 90 minutes in a Premier League game since September 2014, it is understood the south London club were seeking to pay only a proportion of the player’s £90,000-a-week wages.

Bournemouth, in contrast, are to meet the player’s entire salary, making a move to the Vitality stadium more appealing to Arsenal.”

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:59 - Aug 31 with 2077 viewsdeanscfc

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:05 - Aug 31 by Glyn1

That's because we were efficient enough to do our business early, buying the two forwards and giving Gylfi a better contract.

You forgot about offloading two strikers.. And Ayew..And Williams... This hasn't been a smart transfer window for us no matter how anyone tries to spin it. We needed another 2-3 players in.
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:02 - Aug 31 with 2020 viewsPozuelosSideys

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:59 - Aug 31 by deanscfc

You forgot about offloading two strikers.. And Ayew..And Williams... This hasn't been a smart transfer window for us no matter how anyone tries to spin it. We needed another 2-3 players in.

There is no question that we are considerably worse off than we were last season at this point. There are holes in the squad everywhere. Talent-wise, tactically, not at all confident for this season.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:05 - Aug 31 with 1960 viewsBorojack

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:05 - Aug 31 by Glyn1

Huw and the yanks must love fans like you.
We are weaker at the back and midfield.
The strikers look better on paper but thats about it.
We are going backwards no matter how hard you try to covince yourself.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:09 - Aug 31 with 1892 viewsTheKirkyLife

And now news through that Everton look to have beaten us to a loan for a Valencia. Tragic window in truth minus Baston.
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:12 - Aug 31 with 1826 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No one likes us we don't care

Even our own fans don't like us anymore !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:17 - Aug 31 with 1775 viewslondonlisa2001

The issue is not whether a club buys or doesn't buy on deadline day - there's a lot of truth in it being a day of panic.

However, we haven't avoided business on deadline day because we are well prepared, because yesterday and today we've tried to get in a wide player and a midfielder. We just haven't, as yet at least, been able to.

There's a difference between avoiding the day deliberately, and identifying as a club we are two players short and not being able to get them. The first is understandable and good management, the second is a major c*** up. Similarly, not getting Tabanou and Emnes off our books is a c*** up, as it's obvious to all that we have tried to all summer.
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:24 - Aug 31 with 1716 viewsDDCH

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:08 - Aug 31 by blaine_scfc

To be honest I thought we would have a few surprise additions today. Ones that would make us all breath easier and question how we could have all been so dull to think the squad would be left like this.....not looking good

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:24 - Aug 31 with 1715 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:17 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

The issue is not whether a club buys or doesn't buy on deadline day - there's a lot of truth in it being a day of panic.

However, we haven't avoided business on deadline day because we are well prepared, because yesterday and today we've tried to get in a wide player and a midfielder. We just haven't, as yet at least, been able to.

There's a difference between avoiding the day deliberately, and identifying as a club we are two players short and not being able to get them. The first is understandable and good management, the second is a major c*** up. Similarly, not getting Tabanou and Emnes off our books is a c*** up, as it's obvious to all that we have tried to all summer.

It feels to me, with no real knowledge, that we are generally in a bit of a state. If there is disillusionment in the dressing room and now that spreads even further into the stands that really is a destructive brew. There is not an iota of feel good around the club at the moment. If ever we needed a good run it's now....tough to see one coming though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024