Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? 19:09 - Aug 31 with 23843 viewsGowerjack

I'm Swansea born and bred,a Penlan boy.

One of our esteemed posters who has moved away almost always slags his hometown.

For my part I think the City has been let down for decades both by the local council and the London and WAG.

I mean look at the mess made of the City centre road network for the failed bendy bus project ( not to mention the unfortunate people who lost their lives because of it). Or what about the "Boulevard Project" which after months of traffic disruption ended up being a wider pavement!

Or to go back a little longer the disaster that is Castle Square or the failed Cafe Quarter?

Or knocking down David Evans and replacing it with the current ugly and underused building?

Poor planning decisions and a lack of investment centrally have really hurt us.

I defy anyone to walk from Dyfatty down High Steet,Orchard Street,the Kingsway & St Helens Rd to the Guildhall and tell me that our City has not been allowed to become a complete s hithole.

It's a real shame that this combination of poor decision making and focusing public money elsewhere has led to this as Swansea has a location and natural environment second to none.

I'm old enough to remember Swansea as a bustling friendly and clean City with a sense of purpose.

Not anymore.

Your views?

[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 19:11]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 1316 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:47 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

Seems like most SWansea people share my sentiments.

Pity out if timers can't resist sticking their claws into what is Swansea s problem.

I've always held the view if you have a good job ,money ,house in good area then swanseaxis excellent place .

I was quite comfortable in Swansea as a kid. Thought it was great.

When I moved away ,I saw the attraction of living in a rural area near a large city.

Cardiff has an excellent centre and seems vibrant but it's not a place I d live out of choice

Not sure about the third sentence. I was brought up on a frankly sh*tty council estate and I still loved it. It was home see.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 1315 viewslifelong

I love the place and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 1313 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:54 - Aug 31 by lifelong

I agree with this.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:58 - Aug 31 with 1301 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

You probably need to live somewhere else first to be able to make that statement....

(maybe you have, just saying..:)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:59 - Aug 31 with 1300 viewsDarran

At least you didn't f*ck off Rog.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:59 - Aug 31 with 1299 viewsJackfath

I also agree.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 1285 viewsperchrockjack

"Our" .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:10 - Aug 31 with 1276 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:04 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

"Our" .

Is not yours you f*cked off. You don't even support the city's football team and that's another FACT.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:20 - Aug 31 with 1263 viewsMrSwerve

They really should put the grass back on to castle gardens for a start.

Parc Tawe is a ghost town.

The marina could be a fantastic area if it were filled with bars and restaurants instead of run down arcades and offices...think Bristol on a smaller scale. At least it's picking up a bit with the bars over by the meridian tower.

Coming from someone who both lives in the la parilla area and works for UWTSD uni, the plans look fantastic for the future, it really will invigorate the area.

Mumbles seems to have been forgotten and looks run down these days.

We're so lucky to have the Gower on our doorstep.

We COULD be an outstanding city if we had the funding that Cardiff have.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:21 - Aug 31 with 1260 viewslifelong

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:58 - Aug 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

You probably need to live somewhere else first to be able to make that statement....

(maybe you have, just saying..:)

I have, only for short periods of time but it was long enough.

I've also, in my younger days, worked and travelled in many places overseas including the USA, Central America, The Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand.

I did like the Brisbane area of Oz and further along the East Coast to Townsville, Great Barrier Reef country, I could have lived there.
Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:31 - Aug 31 with 1233 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:20 - Aug 31 by MrSwerve

They really should put the grass back on to castle gardens for a start.

Parc Tawe is a ghost town.

The marina could be a fantastic area if it were filled with bars and restaurants instead of run down arcades and offices...think Bristol on a smaller scale. At least it's picking up a bit with the bars over by the meridian tower.

Coming from someone who both lives in the la parilla area and works for UWTSD uni, the plans look fantastic for the future, it really will invigorate the area.

Mumbles seems to have been forgotten and looks run down these days.

We're so lucky to have the Gower on our doorstep.

We COULD be an outstanding city if we had the funding that Cardiff have.

There is no such place as The Gower.

As I think I may have mentioned previously.

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:38 - Aug 31 with 1222 viewsBanosswan

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:31 - Aug 31 by Gowerjack

What about the London in your op? ;)

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:40 - Aug 31 with 1219 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:38 - Aug 31 by Banosswan

Genius.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:41 - Aug 31 with 1216 viewsmonmouth

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:59 - Aug 31 by Darran

At least you didn't f*ck off Rog.

Well I f*cked off too, but I still think of the old place as 'my city'. In fact I spent a few hours just walking around a few weeks ago looking at some of the places in town with nostalgia. I think it's fair to say most people would have been unimpressed but I felt a warm glow and a bit sentimental. I'd be happy enough to end up back there in retirement walking dogs along the prom.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:43 - Aug 31 with 1212 viewsGowerjack

Chwarae Teg

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:47 - Aug 31 with 1204 viewsmonmouth

That's an impressive display of reading detail! Oytshdandun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:50 - Aug 31 with 1187 viewsVetchitBack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 20:40 - Aug 31 by Gowerjack

I used to do some work down there the City centre is very similar to Swansea the architecture is from the same era.

Same architect in fact rebuilt both after WW2.

Good comparison which shows that without being the regional powerhouse (Bristol/Cardiff) you have to make do.

Both will never be pretty cathedral cities nor bustling shopping destinations.

Both rely on pretty natural beauty both in and around the city but struggle somewhat for an identity in a post-industrial landscape.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:54 - Aug 31 with 1175 viewsmax936

I was lucky enough to have a job down at Gower this afternoon in Penmaen at beautifully restored Farm House with views overlooking Oxwich/Torbay it was magnificent, I bought some Euro Lottery tickets on the way home

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:54 - Aug 31 with 1175 viewsperchrockjack

I was brought up in a very pleasant part of Swansea. Was home too.

I moved away . I had to.

Consider yourself lucky Andrew.

Many have to move away from the womb

I used to miss Swansea until,about 20 years ago and my kids became teens

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 1167 viewsGowerjack

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:54 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

I moved away . I had to.

So what changed Richie?

Plastic since 1974

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 1167 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:54 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

I moved away . I had to.

I could have moved for work if I'd chosen to. Chose not to. Each to their own.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 1167 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:31 - Aug 31 by Gowerjack

I do apologise TheGowerjack.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:58 - Aug 31 with 1152 viewsDarran

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:41 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Well I f*cked off too, but I still think of the old place as 'my city'. In fact I spent a few hours just walking around a few weeks ago looking at some of the places in town with nostalgia. I think it's fair to say most people would have been unimpressed but I felt a warm glow and a bit sentimental. I'd be happy enough to end up back there in retirement walking dogs along the prom.

Yeah but you comeback every other weekend to support YOUR club.

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:59 - Aug 31 with 1146 viewsperchrockjack

Wanna pm gower . I ll explain in private as I don't want our filth gorging on stuff

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 1128 viewslifelong

Swansea - what does everyone think of our City? on 21:59 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

Wanna pm gower . I ll explain in private as I don't want our filth gorging on stuff

'Filth' ... Charming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024