Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little old Swansea 19:27 - Aug 31 with 4220 viewsjesushchrist

With Williams going to Everton and looking like them pinching Valencia at the eleventh hour, I wonder how many teams would be classed smaller than ourselves.
Apart from them being taken over and having some money thrown at it I honestly don't see Everton as a bigger team, being in the league since day one doesn't make a big team.

Little old Swansea on 23:11 - Aug 31 with 551 viewsjesushchrist

Little old Swansea on 23:06 - Aug 31 by owainglyndwr

Can you honestly say you can see us stayimg up

If so how

Because we are better than the 3 teams that were promoted last season, and I also don't see palace, Sunderland and Watford having a good season.
Everyone needs to chill out and look at the bigger picture, yeah we haven't had the best transfer window but can you honestly say the teams I've mentioned have strengthened that much?
Little old Swansea on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 537 viewsraynor94

Little old Swansea on 23:06 - Aug 31 by owainglyndwr

Can you honestly say you can see us stayimg up

If so how

Because we will finish above three other clubs at the very least, the hysteria on here tonight is nothing short of amazing, let's see what Baston has to offer, we are only three games in

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Little old Swansea on 23:13 - Aug 31 with 534 viewsMrSwerve

Our depth is the worrying thing. An injury or two and we really are scraping the barrel already.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Little old Swansea on 23:31 - Aug 31 with 506 viewsmajorraglan

Little old Swansea on 23:11 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

Because we are better than the 3 teams that were promoted last season, and I also don't see palace, Sunderland and Watford having a good season.
Everyone needs to chill out and look at the bigger picture, yeah we haven't had the best transfer window but can you honestly say the teams I've mentioned have strengthened that much?

We can't be complacent, Boro have strengthened their squad and I don't think they are going to be push overs, they are unbeaten so far this season. Hull are 2 wins from 3 and they have a very experienced manager at the helm, let's hope they implode! Watford are part of a very big set up and their owners could easily reinforce the playing squad if required, palace have reinforced their front line with some good player, so it's going to be pretty tight.

I wish I had your confidence, I just think we're not strong enough and I think it's going to be a long slog. We have some difficult fixtures coming up, if we don't pick up any points in the next few by the time we start playing some of the "easier" teams we could be cut adrift, the players heads could drop and we'd be on the slippery slope. January is 4 months away.

I really hope your right and there are 3 worse teams.
Little old Swansea on 00:03 - Sep 1 with 452 viewsGlyn1

Little old Swansea on 20:45 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

We should be able to compete with Stoke imo - at least in terms of results if not buying power. We were doing so quite nicely, despite their richer owner - we've been more successful than them since we came up. I always thought of them as direct competition for us. So on that basis, I'd say we need to view Stoke as a similar size to us.(although I'm not so sure now after the last 12 months or so - we seem to be going backwards a bit).

But we'll see. Their signings may turn out to be another false dawn for them (they've had a few). And, after all, they still haven't won a game yet this season.

"we've been more successful than them since we came up."

It's not that clear cut. We've finished above them three times and they've finished above us twice. We end up between 8th and 12th, and they've been from 9th to 14th(including 9th in each of the last three seasons). Out big advantage with neutral fans is that we play more attractive football than them, but Hughes is improving them, unfortunately.

But surely you're right that Stoke is one of the teams that we should be measuring ourselves against. Even f*ing West Brom are bigger than us, seeing as they are now the most successful side in England's 2nd biggest city.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 0:04]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Little old Swansea on 06:24 - Sep 1 with 389 viewsjack247

Little old Swansea on 00:03 - Sep 1 by Glyn1

"we've been more successful than them since we came up."

It's not that clear cut. We've finished above them three times and they've finished above us twice. We end up between 8th and 12th, and they've been from 9th to 14th(including 9th in each of the last three seasons). Out big advantage with neutral fans is that we play more attractive football than them, but Hughes is improving them, unfortunately.

But surely you're right that Stoke is one of the teams that we should be measuring ourselves against. Even f*ing West Brom are bigger than us, seeing as they are now the most successful side in England's 2nd biggest city.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 0:04]

We used to play better football than them
Little old Swansea on 07:24 - Sep 1 with 353 viewsowainglyndwr

Little old Swansea on 23:11 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

One of the promoted teams Hull beat us 2 nil at home
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024